web analytics

Report – Ayoze Perez To Leicester City For £16m Is Almost Complete

The Daily Star are reporting that Leicester City will be signing Ayoze Perez for a fee of £16m which we have to believe to be incorrect. The player is most likely gone but surely he would be worth double that figure.

Southampton are buying Championship striker Che Adams from Birmingham City for £15m. So we would be wary of that reported amount as Newcastle United should be getting much more than.

Graeme Bailey who is writer Team Talk as well as the Mirror has tweeted this out about what has happened with Perez:

It could be that Ayoze Perez is forcing a move but why to Leicester City? He has been linked with much bigger clubs and could get a move back to La Liga which he claimed was what he dreamed of.

If Ayoze Perez is sold then that would mean our top two scorers Salomon Rondon and Ayoze Perez will be gone from the club. Leaving centre-back Fabian Schar on 4 goals as the highest scorer.

In terms of the takeover happening, this does not look good unless Ashley is trying to strip as many assets out of the club as fast as he can before selling. We wouldn’t put it past him and then watch him sell the club on August 9th.

From what was the highest you could dream of to now the pits of an abyss you would never have believed just a month ago. Tyneside is in turmoil.

We are in deep trouble.

• one fine day

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:30 PM

I bet Ashley bff’s the vardy’s will be smirking at this news .
    Those who are bagging ayoze .while he may not be a badge kissing die for the cause type,just think of the goals he scored and where we would be last season without those instinctive headers.
    always thought though his better form had as much to do with the shop window as almeron giving him space.
    personally would have preferred him to have gone to Spain as watching him week to week will be again twisting the knife.

• Tsunki

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:31 PM

It was a “save for a rainy day bound to come in useful” box, then it gradually turned into a “junk box” but it’s probably turning into a Time Capsule now. Really could do with a clear out. And could do with getting rid of some junk as well. 🙂

• one fine day

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:31 PM

Hope anyone shallow enough to have bought the new shirt got ayoze on the back too .karma

• Genjikai

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:31 PM

Lets all clap for ashleys united.

• Harley

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:31 PM

And 50,000 will still buy their tickets, still turn up, still buy strips. Beggars belief.

• Belfast

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:32 PM

Tsunki put a winter sock in it.

• jimiley

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:33 PM

Belfast
    Agreed.
    We will be selling Almiron for 60 million after 6 months and no goals in 12 games. Its all stupid money.
    The Female England 11 are mostly Man City players. ithin a few years they will be earning more than the Toon players.
    You cannot take footy seriously anymore.
    But some fans do. They will follow the Toon and Ashley all the way to the Conference and moan like drains.
    The stupidity of some fans is unbelievable.

• TomaKaThor

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:34 PM

Don’t think he will do that well at Leicester tbh and will end up on the bench then next summer be off to Spain for a third they payed if its £30 million

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:34 PM

C’mon can you blame anybody for not believing the Rafa to China story? It didn’t fit with anything Rafa had done before. It sounded made up and we have had so, so, so many made up stories that ended up exactly that.

• kev1664

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:35 PM

No way are 50k turning up this season if Ashley is still there. 40-45k max I’d say.

• RobLeenio

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:36 PM

jimiley “Why would the Arabs allow the sale of Perez?” According to reports, Perez had a release clause which has been triggered, nothing the club can do about it really if that’s the case.

kev1664 I think sometimes it helps when you come into a situation cold (I’ve been off my phone and laptop all night – watching some telly with the missus) and then get to read how a story has developed over a couple of hours before you react.

People look for what they want to see and use that as evidence for their own agenda. All I’m saying is that what’s happened with Perez is not really evidence one way or the other so we’re still in the same boat as earlier today / this time last week / when the BZG released their last statement.

Still glass half full over here.

• jimiley

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:37 PM

Kev
    How many for Arsenal game? That sets a marker because it will go down from there as the season gets worse

• sibleytoon

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:37 PM

evening all. I have read a lot of posts standing by the takeover stuff etc. maybe just some dry humour or whatever. but on a serious note…has there been a poll for those here who wont be going to SJP or boycotting merchindise or stopping to support this once fun team to follow. I even enjoyed the year in the championship because we actually tried to win something! shock Horror!

I can appreciate people being positive…but to be honest, until we see it anywhere i cant see us being taken over. and some of this positive…it’ll happen etc seems like another reason to water down the hatred toward ashley and the drive for a boycott of nufc until things improve.

what next? oh i renewed for this year so…ill go…then maybe by next year hes gone? ashley has seriously made a sad state of our club and should be embarressed. business man or not. F**k that, we shouldnt really care. he isnt right for newcastle. he has low to no morals, he has poor history for lies, cheating figures, syphoning money out of rangers…the list goes on. i hope there is a poll here soon to understand who is boycotting home games, who is stopping buying the merch…and who hand on heart says…yea…ill enjoy going on a saturday and watching our team.

also…if people are worried that our players are not supported….couldnt 50k people stand outside the training ground and show their support for the players? and still stay away from matchdays. gets rid of the old support the team arguement.

• IrishRob

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:37 PM

What Ashley is doing atm is almost too stupid, unless there is something going on in with a takeover. Dont get me wrong, I firmly believe were Fkd and there is no take over but its not adding up at all if it stays as no takeover to do what hes doing.

Its starting to get borderline madness, And I’ll say it again Perez is easily worth 25M to any team, it’s not like Ashley to let him go cheap its really really not.

• Tsunki

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:38 PM

Not a rugby sock, Belfast? You’re getting soft. You been away on your yacht and get hijacked by pirates? Where were you when the proper doom and gloom was up for grabs? You were no help. No help at all.

• Belfast

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:38 PM

I expect Longstaff to leave as well to be honest. He was probably on a couple of hundred quid a week about a year ago haha and now he’s being offered 75 grand a week and probably a few million quid sign on fee on top of that. Absolutely no chance he’s turning that type of dosh down.

• one fine day

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:38 PM

Joselu deal is been held up by the premier league …we have put in an application to use a rush goalie and are waiting to hear back before letting him leave.

• kev1664

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:40 PM

Robleenio,

Yeah that fresh perspective has helped. Initially a £16mil fee was being suggested, which just seemed crazy in the current market.

When it went up to £30mil people were happier with the price but still foaming that Ashley was selling our players off to asset strip.

Looking from your view it hasn’t really pushed one way or the other with regards to a takeover or not.

I think we must be getting close to an announcement either way.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:41 PM

OFD

I heard we were asking to use jumpers for goalposts too.

• sibleytoon

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:41 PM

longstaff i hope…i really hope…people then say you know what…hes a local lad…he is our future…if he gets sold then SURELY everyone will have to say get lost NUFC under ashley. i really do not get it at all. angry, upset and just depressed about what is going on with our club. rafa should be enough on its own tbh. but i kind of hope longstaff goes too. then maybe everyone will actually be on the same page.

• Belfast

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:42 PM

Oh I’ve gave up Tsunki. I’m now a vegan, eco warrior and I’m spending all my spare time on climatechange.com (With Ian Toon)

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:43 PM

We have some good players – Lejeune, Dubravka, Fernandez, Schar, Shelvey, KiSY and Almiron uppermost among them, but Perez was my favorite and had been for a number of years.

Very disappointing to lose him in a way, but after 5 years the time is right to move on, particularly now as things are. Might have gone to a bigger club, but Leicester are a good well run club top ten club, and he’s joining an excellent group of forwards there, including Vardy and Maddison, Harvey Barnes and others, and Rogers is a fine young manager despite his detractors.

As for us, I can’t even process how I feel anymore. I think I’ve been in shock since Rafa’s departure was announced. I feel numb.

• jimiley

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:43 PM

The less we get for players the better. The less goes in Ashleys pocket.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:43 PM

David, Maybe there was/is another buyer about, but that is evidence of what? That the sale is not happening? You think I’m in lala land, yet my rose tinted views are backed by arguments using solid evidence. I think that Ashley has broken your spirit, and the argument you backed up your feeling with is that George Culkin said there was another buyer. You may well be proved to be correct, but I don’t think so. Time will tell.

• Tsunki

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:44 PM

Thought Longstaff would be poached after he played that handful of games and showed why rafa was spot on getting the midfield to pivot on him.

I said the other day he’d be gone this summer. I expect Schar to see the sense in a move too.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:44 PM

2 days to pre-season training.

• Diddly

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:45 PM

If that link was the binman. What does it mean can’t work it out is it relivant

• sibleytoon

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:45 PM

i thought it was pretty great how miserable all our guys looked in the new kit – that did make me laugh. numb is probably how i feel too. falling out of love with NUFC. tough thing and a hard realisation.

• RobLeenio

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:46 PM

sibleytoon “and some of this positive…it’ll happen etc seems like another reason to water down the hatred toward ashley and the drive for a boycott of nufc until things improve”

I’m not sure I agree with that. I’m hoping for a sale while planning what I can do to bring down Ashley if it doesn’t happen.

Positive thinking now won’t prevent positive action if Ashley is still around come the start of the season. In fact, those of a more negative mindset are probably less likely to act to remove Ashley if it becomes necessary as they’ll say “well nothing I can do will make any difference, so why bother”.

• IrishRob

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:47 PM

Takeover or no takeover I pray pray pray that we dont sell Longstaff.

• Tsunki

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:47 PM

Belfast ooh that’s interesting you going on one of Ian’s “I’m actually the Messiah” lecture tours? I tried being a vegan once but got caught out by the Grand Vegana himself who saw me chewing on a mushroom double Swiss in burger king. Come to think of it why was he there? Hmmm..

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:48 PM

When do Managers stop being “young”? Brendan Chompers is 46. They seem to age at a different rate to the rest of us. I suppose Cary Grant was still bedding 20 year old into his 50s in the movies.

• RobLeenio

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:48 PM

kev1664 “I think we must be getting close to an announcement either way”

I chuffing hope so, mate. I need to get some sleep at some point this year!

• sibleytoon

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:49 PM

Robleenio – fair point. i guess im in a pretty negative place atm about it all lol. heres hoping for some good news on nufc…and maybe we can get 3 or 4 lots of good news all in a week! balance it out a bit. haha

• kev1664

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:50 PM

Jimley,

It depends on the takeover not materialising. I’m out if theres no takeover. I’ve already paid part of my season ticket cash being on the 10 year plan. I’m leaving it until the very last moment to cancel in hope of a takeover.

If there is no takeover, I strongly believe a full boycott should be aimed for at the Arsenal game. I also like the idea of going to town and still supporting the local businesses. In that case I could see 30k at that games with a steady creep up towards 40k, then tailing off if results are bad.

• Tsunki

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:51 PM

This selling of players lark only works if you’ve got top flight improving players to sell and are scouting future young talent effectively? Is this club doing that? I said it before, it’s the philosophy of selling a 2006 astra and hoping to buy a 2019 Jaguar with it. And if Ashley’s pocketing the chump change himself you’ll be doing well to end up with a unicycle.

• Pat On The Heed

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:51 PM

Thomakor – macho rot. He was scoring for fun as soon as the team started functioning. He’s just had his watershed season, about to enter his peak years and we go and sell him to – what should be – our rivals. He’ll bag 20 a season alongside Vardy and co in an attacking Leicester side.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:52 PM

Can anyone put up a link to the binman tweet?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:52 PM

Pogba is modelling the new Man U kit. You never know what is going on sometimes. Didn’t Colback find out his time was up when he wasn’t asked to be in the official NUFC photo? Maybe he knew before but I know he was still at NUFC when that happened.

• one fine day

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:54 PM

sibleytoon
    Can only speak for myself but no there has never been a pole on;
    -going to home games
    -buying merchandise pies beer in the ground etc
    for ones like me saying i wont go is irrelevant even though i support a boycott of arsenal.
    this blog was originally set up as a counselling service for expats spread around the globe but still have the passion for nufc and it serves us all very well as an alternative to the true faiths ,mag and worse still the clubs site.
    Think sometimes that’s where the arguments start here ..it is down to frustration of those of us in far flung lands and knowing a guy is slowly killing something so it can be a feeling of hopelessness and anger.
    If i watch on optus sports here or not will make not a shred of difference.I haven’t bought a shirt or anything in the puma ,which isn’t hard as its all been nasty tatt. Used to get back a couple of times a year but its now been 5 years since i set foot in the ground.
    I will never tell anyone to give up a season ticket as its none of my business but i would ask that if they could just for one game stay away and change the path we are on for the greater good would you do it ?
    #ONE GAME