web analytics

Statement On Takeover Really Needs To Happen Soon

Earlier today, we had reported about Peter Redding’s positive tweet about the BZG takeover.

The tweet was intriguing in that Peter Redding made mention of a pending statement in the next few days.

The Shields Gazette have also put out a report on that tweet but added some additional information.

Liam Kennedy in the Shields Gazette writes about the coming statement:

The Gazette understands that could even be as soon as tomorrow. The content of the statement, which has already been drafted, is not known, though.

It could be in connection with the story over the weekend from the Mirror, that Sheikh Khaled’s group had an influence on the decision to allow Benitez to leave.

While this is not definitive information, it does add some context to the information provided by Redding.

Where Kennedy writes that the statement is already drafted sticks out to us. While it does not appear that it is alluding to a done deal at all, it could be a clarification of the progress being made.

But why if it is already drafted is it being held?

Liam follows that bit of information with some conjecture that it may regard the unverified news that Sheikh Khaled’s group had an influence over Rafa’s departure.

It could be a professional courtesy for the Bin Zayed Group to wait until Rafa is confirmed as manager of Dalian Yifang before releasing any statement on him.

We just don’t know anything at this point. Or if this reported statement even exists.

Sheikh Khaled and Mike Ashley– someone please say something

Mike Ashley has gone back to radio silence after his announcement on Monday that Rafa was leaving. Just as he refused to make any comments about Rafa Benitez until his terse statement was released.

He has again gone back to no communication with the fans whatsoever. They have not released any information about who will be caretaker manager when the players return on July 4th or anything to do with a takeover.

Even Rafa Benitez confirmed in his interview with George Caulkin that the situation with the takeover had grown extremely troublesome.

This is what Rafa said in his interview in the Times:

“It was a big problem. In terms of my decision, I was waiting and I was asking for clarity and, like the fans, we didn’t know.

“Eventually, you have to decide. I could not continue in the same way, because I couldn’t see how to progress. It had to be clear to me — who was the owner, what would they do — and it wasn’t clear at any time.”

We really hope that the Bin Zayed group make a statement this week. We know we will get nothing from Mike Ashley, who even left Rafa Benitez in the dark.

• toon22

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:14 AM

Who do you think he will pretend to sell us to next time?

• Prestonmag66

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:26 AM

Christ, it feels like I’ve been dumped and just seen her with with another fella. Lard arse oot!

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:32 AM

bleach the leech @ 175 previous thread.

That’s more or less what i said, it’s like an emotional knife being twisted into your ribs.

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:40 AM

If the takeover really is on the verge of being announced officially lets hope the Neil Redfearn is going to get zillions of pounds as a transfer fund.

Hang on am I p1ssed that don’t sound right, time for a rethink, sorry chaps give me a moment!

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:41 AM

Prestonmag66

🙂

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:42 AM

Anyone else feel like that they’ve just had a Dear John?

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:44 AM

4 in a row, lets have a go at repetition!

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:44 AM

5 in a row

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:44 AM

6 in a row.

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:45 AM

On a roll 7.

• Toon Cat

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:45 AM

I think the True Geordie speaks for most Newcastle fans here, although (warning for the sensitive) quite colourfully ..:)

• NY Mag

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:45 AM

Bill,

Talking to yourself is s bad sign 🙂

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:45 AM

• lochinvar

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:50 AM

Logically then

BZG are not a fictious creation of the WUMS and do exist in the real world. If they are in the business of buying NUFC and wanting to buy the club without any incumbents would mean that as well as Rafa, Charley and Ashley and his cohorts are history.

Ashley in those circumstances is not going to blow the sale by signing up Rafa and three coaches contrary to any offer being made by BZG

If it’s a complete piss take then the remake of Get Carter starring a few of the above would seem like a good revenue stream.

• lochinvar

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:51 AM

or as they say in Germany, Nein

• lochinvar

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:53 AM

Ten-tatively he said

• lochinvar

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:53 AM

Eeeeeeeleven in Geordie

• lochinvar

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:54 AM

Twelth (good) Night

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:54 AM

Toon Cat

If i was a woman, I’d want True Geordies Babies every thing he says in that blogcast I so agree with!

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:55 AM

NY Mag

We are descending into the depths of madness, so yes whats wrong with talking to myself!

• one fine day

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:56 AM

Genjikai
    From previous
    At work so ducking in and out.
    Thanks for the update
    Good to hear the live site ideas are getting traction.i just think its a much better way of uniting everyone rather than a gathering outside the gallowgate and the arguments between those going and those staying out.
    They are right you cant hurt a billionaires pocket with one game but its not about that.its about saying never forget whose club this is and to demonstrate to the football world how greed will kill the game if people like Ashley are not stopped .
    Not a bad should with True geordie as he has a massive online platform now ,but maybe isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.
    Now there is a man I would to attend the fans forum lol …Penfold worried as he has already smashed the months quota of wagon wheels 🙂

• Pitmatic

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:58 AM

Protesters in Hong Kong showing admirable bravery in fighting for their freedom against an adversary a million times more fearsome than Fat Man. Inspirational stuff. NUFC fans take note.

• NY Mag

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:59 AM

Bill,

In recent context, I suppose it is quite normal

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:02 AM

Lochinvar @18

Good to see a bit of culture slipped in there, obviously As you like it!

• one fine day

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:02 AM

PITMATIC
    Bit of a metaphor there i think lol
    I think after three years of Ashley rafa will find communist oppression and secrecy quite reasonable

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:05 AM

NY Mag

Did you like my MA 4iiiis shill awards skit.

Did you get who I was alluding to, only ask cos some apparently didn’t.

• one fine day

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:06 AM

toon22

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:14 AM

Who do you think he will pretend to sell us to next time?

The Chinese will be next up with a buy out offer
    Huawei the lads 🙂

• toon22

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:07 AM

🙂

• RobLeenio

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:09 AM

Wow, it’s so difficult to keep up with this blog at the moment. I’ve not been commenting much as just keeping up is hard, by the time I’m caught up everything’s already been said.

Genjikai, Jail, anyone else who reads but doesn’t comment and was there tonight, thanks for turning out to the meeting tonight when I couldn’t be. I’m sure you did a cracking job of representing me and everyone else who couldn’t get, it’s much appreciated.

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:10 AM

OFD

I reckon that the Chinese have already bought us, we are a bit like a dinosaur that’s been shot but just doesn’t realise that it’s dead yet.

• RobLeenio

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:12 AM

Anybody slagging Rafa for going to China, just give your head a shake and look at yourself in the mirror for a second. Ask yourself what else you think he could have done to stay here? Having looked out for us for the last three seasons and a bit, does he not deserve to look after himself and his family for once?

Ungrateful, the lot of you.

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:12 AM

Genjikai

What Rob said!

• NY Mag

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:14 AM

Bill,

I haven’t read everything….there’s several hundred comments from today that I haven’t gone through. The blog is so vibrant currently, I can’t keep up.

I had initially assumed it was Charnley – but I guess it’s KBA if you’re talking about shills.
    Anyway, could be wrong on both counts

• RobLeenio

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:15 AM

NY Mag, what’s your take on the admin / clean up on the various Newcastle United companies that’s been seen today? Owt or nowt?

If you’ve already given your two-pennorth, apologies if I missed it.

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:17 AM

Rob, I agree with what you’re are saying and yes family does come first but I am surprised that he has taken the Chinese job, thought he’d be wanting to take a break and see what transpires at Newcastle unless he knows something we aren’t party to and see us as a hopeless case.

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:21 AM

Bloody ell, have i made it that difficult,

here it is again

MA
    Right 4iiiis time to tell who the Shill of the month was.
    4iiiis
    Boss there was a runaway winner once again, it’s that one who has a double digit number in his name.
    MA
    KBA did a brilliant piece of work hiring him, he comes out as so anti me over and over and over that nobody or hardly anyone suspects hims.
    4iiiis
    Aye……
    MA
    Oy, I’ve told you not to speak Geordie in front of me, you know how I feel about those fckers.
    4iiiis
    Oops, sorry boss, OK, Yes he’s so good at deflecting hatred on to the real Anti you brigade that they lose the plot entirely.
    MA
    What are we payeing him, he’s worth every spare penny we have.
    4iiiis
    That’s the good part boss, no pennies involved he’s happy to accept Sunderland Street food Vouchers.
    MA
    What the Fck are they?
    4iiiis
    Not sure boss, should I ask KBA.
    MA
    Naaah, as long as it’s working leave it alone.
    4iiiis
    OK boss, by the way hows the sale coming along?
    MA
    No comment

• one fine day

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:21 AM

still torn on all this
    If bzg are serious and didn’t want rafa (allegedly) then who on earth is advising them ? Has catchy been smashing that poor guys whatsap ?
    When you takeover a multimillion $ business and want it to work you want as much positivity as possible.
    So why would anyone start by removing the one big positive in the club and the one guy who gives your stability to start things off ?
    It just doesn’t compute.
    If this sale does happen , then there should be a few awkward questions asked at the first presser as to if it was true they didn’t want rafa and if so their reasoning on coming to that conclusion.
    But we all know lee ryder and co will never step up .

• NY Mag

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:23 AM

Rob,

I didn’t comment on it….I read the initial furore about it, then skipped several hundred comments to get to the current topic and since it wasn’t under discussion, I assumed it had been resolved.

Anyway, my take on it is it’s housekeeping.

The original charge from 2009 was against five NUFC companies (3 of which are still active and 2 which are dormant)

The three companies which are still active, disposed of that charge in March 2018.
    Which is why I say that this is housekeeping.

Of course the real question is why now?
    This housekeeping could have been done anytime between March 2018 and now.
    Could be something, could be coincidence.

Peoples emotions are pretty raw right now, so I ain’t gonna make any bold predictions.

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:25 AM

Think I’d better give up my comedy writing career! 🙁

• lesh

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:26 AM

Somebody posted earlier that ‘It would be nice if someone (prominent) from this blog was on their [NUST’s] board.

Now that’s a big ask. Prominent at what?

Toon22’s on here almost 24/7

Jib and his last are just behind

But making a late run… there’s Tony Baloney

Who’s being chased by Tsunki

Behind him, the ever steady Bambams, Shirebrook, Hibbit, Dubai Mickey, and other inspirers

And bringing up the rear, Munster, Catchy, Yorky

With Essex, Bobby Bee, OLG, Oldgit, Charlie

It’s getting exciting but hang on, Jail’s making a late run……..

Who could it be? Who should it be?

How about Dr Ed Harrison? A true stalwart.