web analytics

Free Agent Swiss Left-Back Reported To Be A Newcastle Target Has Signed For Bordeaux

Free agent Loris Benito who was reportedly a target for Newcastle United has signed for Ligue 1 club Bordeaux.

Below is the club’s tweet confirming the capture of the Swiss left-back:

Loris Benito was thought to be a cheap option at the left-back position which will need some reinforcements this summer. We have no idea if these links were accurate and if Rafa Benitez’s departure had anything to do with it.

The former Young Boys player ran out his contract at the Swiss club. The fact that he was only able to sign for a Ligue 1 club who finished 14th last season means that he probably was not a top target.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:31 AM

Funnily enough, I never saw Pedro play for NUFC live. I had moved away. I did see him against Wimbledon and he was the best player on the pitch by a mile even in that great Liverpool team.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:32 AM

Isn’t it weird that we’re stuck in a situation where Benito is either going to be too good for us (the more likely scenario where the takeover doesn’t happen) or nowhere near good enough if the too good to be true scenario happens and we’re flush with money.

Even cherry picking talent from the Championship isn’t cheap anymore. Clubs in the league below is receiving tens of millions of pounds for players is still mind blowing to me.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:33 AM

It was a little bit like Almiron. Whenever he got the ball the opposition were sh!t scared. Not saying Miggy will be another Beardsley but there were sinilarities. Plus I saw Amiron for Atlanta and he was head and shoulders above everyone in MLS.

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:39 AM

Is this how they felt on the Titanic, desperate for something good to happen, someone to save them, it’s sad that Geordies and Toon fans have to go through this in, Mike Ashley’s Big Top Circus.
    Mike you’re a fcuking clown, I hope one day I’m in Florida and we meet.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:40 AM

I will miss Dave Gahan belting out Personal Jesus and Policy of Truth after he moves to Leicester.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:45 AM

For all that we loved Rafa, you can’t tell me that when you saw Joselu on the teamsheet you didn’t think – what the hell is he doing?

• Online Guy

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:49 AM

Tony

You have stood your ground in the face of a lot of questions and put downs ..mind I had my doubts when we were all deeply concerned at the events of the day when that statement on Rafa leaving came from the club and Ashley, and you were posting about Cricket in the middle of the maelstrom !

It would have looked to some that you were not particularly concerned about Rafa leaving, hence the inquisition and the doubts that you endured from some ..me included.

You have had to Jump through a few hoops and Betty seems to think your in the Ash camp .

Good Luck !

• dig-n-dig22

Jul 3, 2019 at 8:26 AM

NYmag

Do you think you would be able to give a rough estimate of total revenue generated by the club under Rafa’s 3yr reign as manager at the club, Championship,Merchandise,gate receipts,Skytv money,not parachute payments.

Premiership, for 2 full seasons to include Merchandise,gate receipts and Skytv money+ next season’s Sky money included too, so I can use this to try make a point.
    My own estimate is a figure of £ 675 million.