web analytics

Local Journalists Confirm Fee For Ayoze Perez To Leicester Is £30m

Three local journalists; Miles Starforth with the Shields Gazette, Keith Downie with Sky Sports, and Lee Ryder with the Chronicle have all confirmed that the deal for Ayoze Perez will be for £30m and not the £16m as reported by the Daily Star earlier today.

This may have been an amount inserted into his contract as a release clause. Here are the three tweets by the local journalists:

So it does appear that a fee of £30m has been accepted by Mike Ashley and Newcastle United for the reportedly want-away player. This is fair value for Ayoze if he was determined to leave.

Graeme Bailey had earlier reported that Ayoze Perez was not going to sign a new contract and with only 2 years remaining on his current deal, now may have been the only time to sell for maximum value.

We are very disappointed to see that Ayoze will leave and now play for another Premier League club. We feel that he is justified in wanting to leave, as five years at a club run by Mike Ashley has to be frustrating. However, we think there could have been better opportunities for him if he had waited.

It looks like he may have jumped at the first option that presented itself to him. This may be a common theme this summer with our squad.

We hope that Lee Ryder is accurate in his assertion that the £30m will be pushed into the transfer kitty. However, we have our doubts as Mike Ashley has never done that in his time at Newcastle despite claims to the contrary. We have no reason to believe he will at this point in time either.

Then again maybe this can be combined with the Wijnaldum, Sissoko, and Mitrovic money and we could have quite the kitty on our hands. Assuming that the summer of 2015 was when he spent the Andy Carroll and Yohan Cabaye money.

But the fee does not really matter in any case. We will now have to replace Ayoze Perez and in the current market wide forwards are very expensive as they play such a vital role in the modern game.

Ayoze Perez joined Newcastle in July of 2014 for about £1.5m from Tenerife. He made 195 appearances for Newcastle with 48 goals and 17 assists.

• belly1988

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:44 AM

I’m told takeover is not happening (UAE source) What do we have to do to get rid of Ashley.Perez fee is amazing but how do we replace??

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:44 AM

Thanks all. Restored some hope.

Im off to bed ive got lots if twitter refreshing to do at work tomorrow.

Night all

• beefman13

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:47 AM

Watched his first 25 games, run, fall over, claim a free kick,. torture, 9 assists in 5 years? last part of the season like the team itself he was better, that said, he Wanted to go. see ya.

• sibleytoon

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:51 AM

official site is having a meltdown and republishing stories from the last 2 years – hoping not getting rid of references to rafa or something lol!

• Neil Harrison

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:53 AM

Nicky at #35,

100% agree about Perez. He will be hard to replace but has served his time under Ashley

• one fine day

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:55 AM

siblley
    The day rafa released his statement ..the top story on the club site was one of the obriens having a birthday .
    tell us everything we need to know.

• Neil Harrison

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:55 AM

Belly,

I’m fearing you are correct. The only way forward is to damage the Sports Direct brand. Not sure of how though. Maybe fans holding disparaging signs at home games like London Magpies did earlier this week. Though it will be hard to smuggle them in I imagine.

• willowdalerez

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:56 AM

Relegation is now not a possibility but the most probable outcome. We’re in July, no mgr, no goalscorers, no new owner. Our best hope is a decent mgr who gels whomever he gets and keeps us up. Plus ca change ;-(

• one fine day

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:59 AM

So that sissoko in for 2.5 mil sold for 30
    perez in for 2.5 sold for 30
    who says ashley dosent know what he is doing with a football club?
    Seems to me its working exactly to his blueprint.

• one fine day

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:00 AM

Ahh
    wondered how long it would take i loverokerpark8788 to crawl on out.
    Sunderland ! ..the only place where newsagents selling fathers day cards in a 4 pack.

• one fine day

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:04 AM

Neil
    If your still around?
    hypothetically if you were on the other side of the atlantic and held a season ticket ?
    what would your choice be now on the renew and bail out?
    and also your thoughts on the whole boycott arsenal ?
    Understand totally if you don’t want to get into the savage mix on this and stay a bit distant from it .

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:06 AM

Brazil/Argentina kicking off in half an hour. And it probably really will kick off at some point. For those of us in the States (good evening night crew) it’s on Telemundo. Hoping it’ll be a classic and not a damp squib.

Looking at that Brazil line up tonight makes you wonder how they don’t win the World Cup easily every time. It’s scary to look at but they never quite seem to gel. Great individuals who can’t work together as successfully as they should.

• Toon Cat

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:08 AM

Rafa built a team that made up for what it lacked in quality with hard work and determination By the end of the season, with the addition of Almiron, they were starting to gel and even look good.

With 3 or 4 good quality additions this summer he had a team that would have done a lot better next season. But it wasn’t to be. Ashleys stubborness over refusing to do what Rafa called ‘the right things’ put an end to that (and Rafa).

If the worst happens and Ashley stays (and who would bet much on that not happening) then we’re almost starting from scratch. Some manager inferior to Rafa will have to scramble around with only a few weeks to cobble together a team out of whoever Ashley doesnt sell and whoever he can convince to come to a club with no ambition. Even if Ashley throws some money at it (hah!) its a huge ask with huge risks attached to it.

Surely even an idiot like Ashley can see what an utter mess he’s created this time ? Takeover is the only hope, and its getting slimmer by the day.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:11 AM

I’d like to see the toon army on the pitch, in force, 10 000 bodies. I know it’s illegal, I know some people might get hurt, but this is an almighty horror show. If we’re 2 or 3 down v Arsenal with twenty to go, then I think you make a stark point in front of a worldwide audience. You take back the pitch.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:12 AM

Balloons Neil. BALLOONS.

It would be easy to print ASHLEY OUT of thousands of them, blow them up during the game and release them at a specified time.

The Stewards might try to stop it but there would still be thousands released. Much easier that the tennis balls and a statement with Ashley Out on them.

Wouldn’t cost much either.

• Neil Harrison

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:13 AM

One Fine Day,

Very tough question. I have an uncle who I really admire and what he always tells me is “I am a Newcastle United supporter and I will always support Newcastle United.”

He even took me to his seat in June 2016 to show me exactly where it was during a tour. I said this is amazing. He said “Oh it’s a cracking seat’

However, I totally understand that a boycott of home games may be the only way to get the buggar out. So I am torn.

I will never judge someone’s personal choice but would also support a boycott. It has gotten to the point where Ashley is taking vengeance on Newcastle supporters and it must be stopped

• Neil Harrison

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:14 AM

Chancel My MBembaship,

Gonna watch it. I think it’s on ESPN Plus as well but that is a subscription channel.

• one fine day

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:15 AM

Neil
    Don’t think your alone with those thoughts
    and a lot of people making some tough decisions

• OneAlanShearer

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:16 AM

Id say its pretty certain if no takeover happens this summer then ashley never intends to sell. He has to be forced out. He will toture this club and its fans never letting it move forward only taking it backwards for as long as he owns it.

He lets go of our main strikers
    Lets go of our talisman of a manager who offered hope and a positive future that lasted
    Who will sell any decent players he can make a profit on
    He will drag out and not allow a take over

He literally has fans in his grip unless that is made to change.

• Neil Harrison

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:16 AM

Tony Baloney,

Yes. Anything to embarrass Sports Direct would work. He only bought the club to plaster those awful signs everywhere and it is the reason he won’t sell. Damage the image of Sports Direct and that will get Mike Ashley out.

• one fine day

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:20 AM

Very strange
    But on news now the official site has swamped news now with about 25 old articles in the last 20 minutes.
    Either someone is rebelling and trying to send us cryptic messages out of pyonyang on tyne or they are behaving like kids and going into utter denial .
    Would like to think something is happening but wont even get that dream started .

• Neil Harrison

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:21 AM

One Fine Day,

It must be such a tough decision. One I couldn’t possibly even imagine being over here. I couldn’t even make it hypothetically.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:23 AM

I would never condemn fans who attend games and renew season tickets, etc. but the team playing at SJP with little to no home fans inside would really send a message to Ashley and look really bad for him on the televised games.

I’m not a fan of fair weather supporters who dessert when the team is in a slump and magically reappear when we’re on the up again, but these are exceptional circumstances. It’s a bit like cutting off your hand to stop the spread of an infection. It’s drastic, but it needs to be done for the best in the long run.

The trouble is we’re so loyal to our team that the very thought of not going to a game is beyond us. That’s usually a good thing, but it’s playing into Mike’s hands. He’s using and abusing us.

What rotten situation we’re in and it’s going to get worse when the reality of no takeover sinks in.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:23 AM

Could make it even worse and have a variety pack of Balloons to blow up:

Ashley Out
    Sh!t Direct
    Tat Direct
    Dubai Micky’s Avatar

etc.

• lesh

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:26 AM

Flipping through my music earlier on and came across one I haven’t played for yonks. In fact I bought it after hearing it on Andy Kershaw’s radio programme.

It could’ve been written for fans hoping that BZG or whoever offers enough to convince Ashley that it’s time to cash in a sod off

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:26 AM

The problem is though it’s all publicity for Ashley, good or bad seems no different. It’s brand awareness, easy access and in particular low prices that move his tat. The punters don’t care about what he’s doing to us, Jesus, for 12 years, we’ve hardly seemed to care. We keep turning up, but that surely must stop now.

• one fine day

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:27 AM

well work calls lads n lasses enjoy your day / night.
    keep the faith
    #karma

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:28 AM

Neil – I don’t have ESPN+ so I’m stuck with trying to improve my Spanish on Telemundo! Also, it’s great when a goal goes in and they commentator does his ‘gooooaaaalllll’ thing. I never get tired of that.

I’m surprised to see some of the Brazil and Argentina supporters mixed in together. I thought they’d be at each other’s throats!

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:28 AM

I said earlier today that I met with a schoolfriend last time I was back in Newcastle a couple of years ago. I doubt many read it because there have been so many posts today.

Anyway, he was part of a group undercover at away games and they had an “unserstood” arrest quota. By the end of the day they would arrest people for just about anything, public urination being a favourite.

That’s why I am wary of anything illegal which includes pitch invasions.

I am sure someone will call me an Ashley shill for saying this.

• one fine day

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:31 AM

getting ridiculous now
    official site has 28 articles on news now in the last 20 mins (all just regurgitating old news )

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:31 AM

Should be some crazy VAR moments in this game tonight. I wouldn’t want to be the ref tonight having that agonising wait to hear what’s going on in the VAR booth with all these mental supporters screaming at me 🙂

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:34 AM

Chancel: you made the mistake that I always worry about – using dessert instead of desert. I am not having a go. I always check whenever I use those two words and even have to think “1 S or 2”.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:35 AM

Where the hell is Jib when you need him? Why do Brasil and Argentina hate each other?

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:35 AM

Tony – anyone accusing you of being a shill for thinking that needs their heed checking! Thousands of supporters running on to the pitch would be incredibly stupid, especially from a safety standpoint. I think we’d be shooting ourselves in the foot and making ourselves look really bad. We won’t get much sympathy from fans of other clubs with such drastic action.

Sure it’ll make a big statement and probably get us on the national news, but for all the wrong reasons. We need to hit Mike in the right way and a mass pitch invasion is not it.

• Neil Harrison

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:36 AM

Chancel My MBembaship,

Yes, it’s always good to brush up on Spanish. And the commentators are great. So passionate. Love it.

• Toon Cat

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:36 AM

With regard to action against Ashley, I think its best to attack him on multiple fronts. It’s not all about boycotting home games. It’s not about hitting him financially. The overall aim must be to publicly embarrass him to the point where he feels it’s damaging his beloved SD tat empire.

I certainly think targeting any games that are televised is a good idea, whether by boycott, walkouts, late walk-ins, banners, pitch occupations or anything that forces the news media to take notice. It’s a PR war.

But thats not enough in itself. Maybe there can also be can be demos outside his shops, shirebrook, trying to get high-profile public figures engaged in speaking against him, online pressure on his business and anyone (KBA et al) associated with him, and so on. Basically pressure thats sustained and coming from multiple fronts.

Different people in different places with different skills will be able to put pressure on him in different ways. People take part or not as they feel able. It may work or it may not. It may not be the total answer but it might help push him in the right direction. Who knows ? But if not that then what ? It’s the least he deserves if he’s still attached like a blood-sucking leech to Newcastle next season.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:39 AM

Tony, you’re absolutely correct. I’m usually not one to make grammatical errors or spelling mistakes. I’ll blame it on this cracking game of football and the Jack Daniels I’m drinking!

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:40 AM

Watching on telemundo and they already surrounding Ref 8 minutes in. This could end up with a few sendings off.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:42 AM

Chancel: I don’t correct spelling errors. Only mentioned it because desert/dessert is something I always have to double check.

• beefman13