web analytics

Local Journalists Confirm Fee For Ayoze Perez To Leicester Is £30m

Three local journalists; Miles Starforth with the Shields Gazette, Keith Downie with Sky Sports, and Lee Ryder with the Chronicle have all confirmed that the deal for Ayoze Perez will be for £30m and not the £16m as reported by the Daily Star earlier today.

This may have been an amount inserted into his contract as a release clause. Here are the three tweets by the local journalists:

So it does appear that a fee of £30m has been accepted by Mike Ashley and Newcastle United for the reportedly want-away player. This is fair value for Ayoze if he was determined to leave.

Graeme Bailey had earlier reported that Ayoze Perez was not going to sign a new contract and with only 2 years remaining on his current deal, now may have been the only time to sell for maximum value.

We are very disappointed to see that Ayoze will leave and now play for another Premier League club. We feel that he is justified in wanting to leave, as five years at a club run by Mike Ashley has to be frustrating. However, we think there could have been better opportunities for him if he had waited.

It looks like he may have jumped at the first option that presented itself to him. This may be a common theme this summer with our squad.

We hope that Lee Ryder is accurate in his assertion that the £30m will be pushed into the transfer kitty. However, we have our doubts as Mike Ashley has never done that in his time at Newcastle despite claims to the contrary. We have no reason to believe he will at this point in time either.

Then again maybe this can be combined with the Wijnaldum, Sissoko, and Mitrovic money and we could have quite the kitty on our hands. Assuming that the summer of 2015 was when he spent the Andy Carroll and Yohan Cabaye money.

But the fee does not really matter in any case. We will now have to replace Ayoze Perez and in the current market wide forwards are very expensive as they play such a vital role in the modern game.

Ayoze Perez joined Newcastle in July of 2014 for about £1.5m from Tenerife. He made 195 appearances for Newcastle with 48 goals and 17 assists.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:43 AM

You really don’t make yourself or the fan base look bad, under the circumstances. It’s a bold and empowering act, but yes, I accept a difficult thing to commit to, illegal and some might get injured, but I think this is about as bad as things get for the club, other than tumbling down the leagues, which at this point I’d also take to be rid of him. He’s stolen the club.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:43 AM

The pace of this game can’t last for ninety minutes. They’re going hell for leather out there. And the tackles are very meaty indeed to say the least. I’m exhausted just watching it.

No way is this finishing eleven against eleven. No chance.

• carltoon

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:44 AM

Just checked news now. Nufc official site. Just posted every old article . What’s that all about. Has some one gone mad over there.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:45 AM

Chancel: I was accused of being an Ashley plant/shill earlier by Betty Swallocks and Oldarse. They were very nasty about it.

• carltoon

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:46 AM

Is there no one in charge of the asylum.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:47 AM

carltoon – maybe someone left Charnley with the website passwords and he thought he’d do a bit of an update? He’s probably much better on the IT side of things than anything to do with football. What a muppet he is.

• Toon Cat

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:48 AM

@ carltoon .. I think the whole club’s having a collective breakdown ..:)

• carltoon

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:49 AM

Tony I wouldn’t let it bother you. Ignore it . Just keep posting your opinions.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:49 AM

GOOOOOAAAALLLLLL! What a lovely build up that was. We’ll not see football that beautiful during my lifetime at the Toon.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:49 AM

Argentina defend like Mike Williamson on roller skates.

• carltoon

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:50 AM

Ha ha. Yes probably. You couldn’t make it up.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:53 AM

Thanks Carltoon. I can defend myself. I can certainly run rings around those two. Lesh gave me good advice which I ignored 🙂

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:56 AM

Tony – I agree with Carltoon, as difficult as it is to ignore, you shouldn’t feed the trolls. There are some genuine fans on here who have trouble mixing with their fellow supporters and there’s also people who don’t care about our club at all (and even a few Mackems I’m guessing) who are here purely to wind people up.

I’ve only bitten once and that’s when JIB used a derogatory term for people with Down’s syndrome and I was incensed. I got accused of being part of the PC brigade because ‘people can’t say whatever they want anymore’ and JIB eventually had to apologise after a large number of people demanded he do so.

He even had the cheek to say after he half apologised ‘it’s funny how you had a sister with Down’s syndrome all of a sudden’. All of a sudden? No! I always had a sister with Down’s, I just happened to never mention it because it’s nowt to do with football and I’m only mentioning it now because of his childish need to name call like a bairn constantly. And he claims to be mature? Ha!

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:59 AM

Messi waving the imaginary card at the ref. I’d instantly book Messi for doing that. I hate it. Let the ref do his job, you don’t need to tell him who to book. I’m glad we don’t see it as often in the Premier League these days.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:59 AM

A foul but not malicious. How long before Messi starts waving the imaginary yellows? The best player I have ever seen but he does like to do that.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:00 AM

Tony – that was spooky, us mentioning the card waving thing 🙂

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:00 AM

Chancel: I didn’t see him wave it. But knew sooner rather than later he would.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:05 AM

When Messi waves an imaginary card, he’s asking for protection. It’s much less about getting a fellow pro sent off and gaining an advantage in his case.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:05 AM

I don’t think I’ve ever posted this many messages in one go before in all my years on here. I usually dip in and out again. I should get the Jack Daniels out more often!

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:06 AM

Chancel: I have seen people call people M^ngs and R*ta8ds. It is not being PC to not use those words, it is ignorant to use them.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:08 AM

Messi isn’t the nice guy that people think he is. Yes, he gets lumps kicked out of him because it’s the best way to stop him, but you have to trust the ref. If the fouls are blatant and persistent then the ref will have to start dishing out cards eventually. It must be incredibly frustrating for him but it’s my number one pet peeve waving imaginary cards at the ref. Can’t stand it.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:09 AM

Years ago I lived in a house with other students. My girlfriend was epileptic and one of others in the house called her “Epi” in front of me. That’s as close as I have ever got to hitting a woman.

• Online Guy

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:10 AM

Genjikia

Yes I was talking to an official at the prem .To do that you need to e-mail them firstly to get a dialog running on the twisted pair (Telephone) .

They are very polite and good to converse with .

I asked them if they had provision to step in and help if a football club owner was going through some changes and struggling with the load and the stress of running said football club .

I did ask them to take a look at the situation at Newcastle United as it seems that the owner is having trouble with the load and might be making decisions under massive pressure and making wrong and rash decisions that will harm the Club long term.

I also said that he could not be making decisions and be part of the horrendous running of the club and the rash decisions deliberately..could he ?

That’s the jist of it .

• Online Guy

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:12 AM

Tsunki # 202 , previous thread .

Another Gem of a post .

• Online Guy

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:14 AM

Tom

I was jesting about the Hibbits.

See Jibs explanation on my behalf . Thanks Jib.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:14 AM

Tony – JIB is the first person to accuse people of being immature and stupid, yet he constantly resorts to name calling like he’s on the playground. He says he’s old and well travelled and all this nonsense but he makes that look unlikely with the things he says. I’ve never in my life heard someone older than me use those words you said. Have you? I’m guessing not.

Something doesn’t add up with him. He’s obviously obsessed with Google. He’s on here all day, every day and acts like he knows everything. People say ‘where’s JIB when you need him’ when they want to know something. Why wait for him? Just get yourself on to Google before he does!

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:16 AM

Yeah, it’s not great, but it’s more a reflection of the tactics used against him than a flaw in his level of sportsmanship. He rides so many challenges that would otherwise be a booking, and evades so many of them too. When he gets caught, it’s so very often because of cynical defending, and he’s reminding the ref. He’s a beautiful footballer, you clatter him, you shouldn’t get away with it. He’s exceptional and the exception.

• Online Guy

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:17 AM

Jib

As ever your unpredictable having a pop at me you knacker .

I do love you though . Don’t know what we would do without you.

X mm that’s to Jane. Time of the month Jane ?

Tell Vinegar Tits I’m asking after her.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:18 AM

Argentina have that Arsenal kid in their defense who gave away like 3 pens in his 1st few games (only 2 called I think)

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:19 AM

Chancel: I have read this blog for years and know who are in the fight club.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:21 AM

easier to ask Jib. saves 15 minutes of googling.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:26 AM

Messi’s close control is insane. Who does he think he is? Beardsley?

• Online Guy

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:27 AM

Tony

You have stood your ground in the face of a lot of questions and put downs ..mind I had my doubts when we were all deeply concerned at the events of the day when that statement on Rafa leaving came from the club and Ashley, and you were posting about Cricket in the middle of the maelstrom !

It would have looked to some that you were not particularly concerned about Rafa leaving, hence the inquisition and the doubts that you endured from some ..me included.

You have had to Jump through a few hoops and Betty seems to think your in the Ash camp .

Good Luck !

• Online Guy

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:37 AM

The Referee tonight England V USA was first class .. Honest decisions and exact ..she did not miss a trick .

There’s the answer despite predjudice from uz fellas , female refs, I think that’s the answer for the prem league

Female refs , bring them in .

Mind Var is going to bring as many disappointments as it is celebration.

We will be calling its demise and getting rid , eradicating if you like, before September is out.

• davis_toons

Jul 3, 2019 at 8:18 AM

“Players obviously can’t be sold during a takeover…. ”

Precisely..

..please..takeover..takeover …takeover…takeover…be it good or bad…takeover …

• Lee Dodd

Jul 3, 2019 at 9:19 AM

Perez Rafa and the Rest of the Squad know more than they are letting on .. Basicly the sale of the club will not happen so with Rafa Gone then they all want out . I hope Ashley GETS what he DESERVES in more ways than ONE !!!!

• masterp1983

Jul 3, 2019 at 10:24 AM

May as well start getting the free transfers in sooner rather than later. Wellbeck and Sturridge? Surely one can stay fit for 5 games a season? Can’t they???? CAN’T THEY?? 🙁