web analytics

A Look At The Three Reserve Players Promoted To Train With First Team

Three youngsters have been promoted to the first team and have reported back to Newcastle this morning for preseason training.

They are most likely there to fill out the numbers. However, it is interesting that neither Elias Sorensen or Yannick Toure were among the three as Newcastle have a shortage of first-team strikers currently.

The players who did get called into training with the first team are forward Thomas Allen, goalkeeper Nathan Harker, and midfielder Mo Sangare.

Thomas Allen– filling Ayoze’s shoes

Thomas Allen is a nineteen-year-old forward who plays as a second striker or as a wide forward on the right. He is a Newcastle United Youth Academy product who signed his first professional contract last summer.

Thomas is a local lad born in Newcastle and has been with the club since 2012. He must have impressed Ben Dawson last season to get this opportunity.

Nathan Harker– imposing young keeper

Nathan Harker is a twenty-year-old goalkeeper born in Northampton. He made 27 appearances for the U23s last season and had 8 clean sheets.

He has also gained quite a reputation at saving penalties having saved a late penalty against Reading U23s in February and then 3 in a penalty shootout again verse Reading in May.

Mo Sangare– left-footed central midfielder from Liberia

Mohammed Sangare is a twenty-year-old central midfielder who was born in Liberia. He has dual English citizenship but has already made two international appearances for Libera.

He made 36 appearances for the U23s last season with 2 goals and 2 assists. His contract is due to run out next summer so hopefully, he can get a new contract soon.

We are happy that these youngsters will get an opportunity to train with the first team. Co-caretaker manager Ben Dawson will know all about these three players from coaching them last season.

• Bobbybee

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:55 AM

Bobbybee

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:53 AM

You know, just because you say fans who go to games aren’t real fans, it doesn’t make it so. It’s utter bollix. It’s a difference of opinion. Some of us see fans who don’t go as not real fans you pillock. Some of us see it that you support the team regardless. As long as players represent MY club, in Newcastle shirts, they’ll get my support. Or are they not real players?
    Sunlun fans are laughing at us. We’re a mid table PL team, they’re in the first division. They’re not crying about it. They’ll turn up next season. Not in huge numbers, but in decent numbers. If they go top, they’ll get 30-40k. It’s called supporting your team through thick and thin. We’ve got fans like that. Hard core proper fans who support the players. It’s not their fault Ashley’s an arse is it?
    Anyone who’s read my posts from years ago heard my argument then. I hate Ashley. But I hated McKeag. I despised Westwood. Didn’t stop me supporting the TEAM.
    I don’t care who owns us. According to plenty on here we’ve never had a good owner. Even the man who built Keegan’s Entertainers – they brought the plastics out the woodwork alright – and built SJP KNOWING he could never even own it ffs. Didn’t see them boycotting then. Know why? Because we were good.
    Loads on here saying we’re not proper fans have never even SEEN SJP ffs.
    Look, it’s dead simple. If you’re not happy, stay away. Don’t go. Go back to doing whatever it was you were doing before the Entertainers. Because a lot saying they’ve always supported us are full of shit. Supported us through the, 60s and 70s, but not the 80s. Numbers don’t lie.
    Yes, compared to the heady days of the Entertainers we are crap, but compared to the second division, we’re not. It’s all relative to what your starting point is.
    I’ve got respect for those who were at that meeting. But considering the ‘outrage’, a well publicised event only pulled 300 people.
    You know I loved Rafa. I stuck up for him when he was getting stick for his tactics, but let’s be honest, he didn’t hang around to see what happened with the takeover. He knew what was on offer – what had always been on offer – but he was in China before his contract even ended. That well known hotbed of football. Oh yeah, and 12 million a season. Wake up. Football is ALL about money now. That’s why it attracts leaches like Ashley.
    That’s why I choose to ignore owners. I hate him, but precedents tell you, you can’t hold a billionaire to ransom. You just destroy the club. And I WON’T be a part of that. Nor will thousands of others. Tens of thousands of others. And when I look around, I’ll recognise fans who WERE there in the real dark days.
    As for getting other clubs to join us – good luck with that. Will that be the fans who chant Ashley’s name to wind us up? Did we go and support Blackburn and Coventry fans? No, because we didn’t care less – and neither do they. A few might, but no more.
    I’m paying my money to watch my team in my time. It’s got nothing to do with you.
    I know what I’ve done to support my team. Been bricked at Millwall. The rat run at Boro. Moved home so I could carry on supporting my team. Travelled home and away when home games involved over 300 mile round trips and not missed a game. And I’m not a proper fan? F**k off.

• lochinvar

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:56 AM

Atletico Madrid have signed Portugal forward Joao Felix for 126m euros (£113m) from Benfica in the fifth most expensive transfer in history.

You could buy a third of a top club for this money

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:57 AM

Planewatch

What you reckon guys? Just another coincidence?

• lochinvar

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:58 AM

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:59 AM

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:00 PM

Good for the three lads. All three have potential and Nathan Harker has been involved with the first team before. He’s my next door neighbours’ nephew and they were made up when he was called up for the trip to Portugal in the Jan / Feb of our season after promotion.

Thomas Allen is one that those of us who follow the U23s have been excited about for a while. Quick, skillful, eye for goal, should make it as a pro, hopefully for us. I know EGB is a fan.

Mo Sangare has been doing really well for the U23s also. An athletic CM who likes a challenge but is skillful and quick getting forward too.

Also, I think all three lads qualify as home-grown for the FA targets

• Captain AmeriMag

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:01 PM

Foggy you beautiful human being, keep up the good work Sir

😀

IT’S HAPPENING!!

• Wayayman

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:02 PM

Genjikai PLEASE don’t suggest that to TMG mate, they all remember how that went down last time it was tried and to be honest it was embarrassing.

You know I’m saying this for the right reasons mate, and I’d always get behind direct action but this is one of those that sounds like a good idea until reality hits and you’ve only got 10 people in the procession. It just looks like that Farage party’s walk to London that humiliated them and everyone concerned.

• jimiley

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:02 PM

I overheard a conversation between Penfold and Big Mike in the SJP car park

P ” The season ticket sales have gone through the floor.”
    BM ” Have you gone public on the fakeover?”
    P “No boss”
    BM “So whats happened?”
    P “They do not believe a fakeover is happening?”
    BM ” What do you mean they do not believe a fakeover is happening. They are Geordies for phook sake they always believe.”
    P “No boss, the bullshit aint working this time.”
    BM ” Phook it. We’ll just have to go for the nuclear option.”
    P “Nuclear option?”
    BM ” We’ll have to buy somebody. That always works. A record buy. But nothing stupid like Leicester are paying. I’d carry Perez to Leicester myself for that sort of money. 25 million and no more. I need all the profits I can get to buy another store. Now get to it.”
    P “Yes Boss.”

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:02 PM

Captain

I am restoring faith.

Too many coincidences. I know people laugh at planewatch and chopperwatch but thats too coincidental???

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:03 PM

Or FCB is next level trolling us??!!

• Jib

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:04 PM

Rumour that China Asia Cup PL replacement for NUFC
    being sought.

• Wayayman

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:07 PM

Bobby bee spectacularly missing the point, failing to see how ‘football has changed’ despite writing that in his rant and not putting two and two toghether when talking about billionaires owning clubs while knowing Ashley has gained far more from us than anyone in the 60’s 70′ and 80’s ever did. Even Hall & Sheperd’s earnings from us is chicken feed compared to what Ashley has got from owning us. That’s the difference, big picture thinkers see it, small minds just can’t.

• Singinginthecorner

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:08 PM

Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:03 PM

Or FCB is next level trolling us??!!

Just the sort of thing ashlie would do the planes are prob empty

• #BleachTheLeech

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:08 PM

Wayayman@8

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Steve Wraith wasn’t it?

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:09 PM

From Nufc.com
    Oh dear
    Assuming Perez leaves – and with significant concerns over the future of messrs Gayle, Hayden and Longstaff – here’s the senior squad as it currently looks:

Goalkeepers: Darlow, Elliot, Harker, Dubravka
    Defenders: Clark, Fernandez, Lascelles, Lazaar, Manquillo, Schar, Sterry
    Midfielders: Aarons, Colback, Hayden, Ki, Murphy, Ritchie, Shelvey
    Strikers: Gayle, Joselu, Muto

Internationals: Almiron, Saivet, Woodman
    Injured: Atsu
    Fitness tbc: Dummett, Lejeune, Longstaff, Yedlin

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:10 PM

Nufc confirm perez leaves because of buyout clause.

Takeover optimism is rising lads!!!!

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:11 PM

Wayaman i understand mate. Just trying to drum up ideas havnt put nowt forward yet.
    Just sick to death of no one doing out (accept for the likes of yous).
    I feel like its in everyone’s concern to get involved.
    You on twitter mate?
    Never had an account but just started one. Dont know how to use it yet like but ill work it out.
    Wouldnt mind being able to converse with you mate obvs am new to this but i want to drive this forward.

• jimiley

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:11 PM

Wayayman
    Spot on
    The McKeags and Westwood took hundreds of thousands.
    Ashley is taking many hundreds of millions.
    We have a better team now but thats chicken feed. I never felt Westwood treated the fans like c..ts but I most certainly do now.
    The club then actually spoke to the fans. The level of contempt now is breath taking.

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:12 PM

Singing in the corner, foggy.
    Its cheaper than running a football club properly that’s for sure.

• Jib

Ritchie
    Rondon
    Perez
    Atsu

Substitutes:
    Muto for Atsu (66)
    Fernandez for Hayden (69)

• MG-Man

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:16 PM

Please don’t even think about that coffin lark again , it made us the laughing stock last time , the only way to get at Ashley is through his tat shop . My suggestion . Get wor flags to knock up a massive jd sports banner and march behind it on way to the ground , that will soon sicken the fcb

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:18 PM

Mg-man.
    Maybe JD sports can donate?

• Bobbybee

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:27 PM

F*”k off wayayman. I’m sick off hearing it. Don’t like it, don’t go. What you want? A big badge? I’ll get one made up should. I?” I’m such a, loyal fan I don’t go to games no more”. You can pin on it your bib.
    You’re delusional. Look at what’s happened to other clubs. Ruined probably beyond repair. This is not MY fault pal. This is Sky’s fault. But I went before Sky and I’ll carry on now. What would happen if we did a Sunlun? Or a Coventry? People would be jumping off Tyne bridge. Luckily though, they’d float gently to the ground like real snowflakes do.
    Other fans are laughing at you ffs. Mid table PL team?
    I would be quite happy if Sky pulled out. Its ruined football. It attracts people like Ashley and players who only care about the money. Small minded, you bloody cry baby. Get a grip.
    So well go back to having a hard core of die hard fans. You think we’ll miss the boo boys? Dream on.
    I don’t know, who the f**k you think you are pal. You don’t decide what a real fan is. You don’t decide what I do with my life. You’re nobody to me. I don’t do politics, I do support. Try it sometime

• kev1664

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:41 PM

Foggy @3

I think that plane going to Luton was discussed here this morning.

The guy who posted it had a theory about the Sultan of Malaysia meeting Mohammed bin Zayed from Abu Dhabi. I point out to him it was the wrong Mohammed bin zayed then he blocked me for no reason.

• hibbit