web analytics

Alan Shearer Has Classic Response To Transfer Kitty Claim

In George Caulkin’s interview with Rafa Benitez earlier in the week, Rafa Benitez confirmed what was widely reported about the transfer budget.

Rafa mentioned that he was led to believe the budget would be £50m plus the money recouped in player sales. Now it was not specified if this would include things like player wages and agent fees which Mike Ashley likes to include in his transfer budget.

Nevertheless, it was implicated that outgoing fees would be used to bring in replacements.

Lee Ryder, when tweeting about the Ayoze Perez to Leicester City deal, mentioned that the £30m would be added to the existing transfer kitty.

This went along with what was earlier reported and verified by Rafa Benitez as being what he was led to believe. However if Mike Ashley has created anything on Tyneside, it is skeptics.

Chief among them is Geordie legend Alan Shearer who has been quite outspoken against Mike Ashley. And he would know all about Mike from when he managed the club in 2009.

Alan had this response to Lee Ryder’s tweet:

It could not have been said any better.

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:06 AM

Such a gentleman is Mr Shearer

• Stardust

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:16 AM

If we had a ton of money to spend with new owners would any of you have kept Perez?
    I certainly would not have. Until February I’d had 3 years of dreading his name being on the team sheet. Appeared to be one of worst players we have ever had that was a regular starter over a long period. Suddenly for last few months he was on fire where everything came off for him. But he was still somewhat slow. In January I would have sold him for 5m. But as good as he became I still cant believe we are getting 30m. That is just crazy. Fine for Leicester if he continues to improve or at least maintains that form but as most will have noticed he can lose his touch and goes for weeks on end as a league one player.

We’ll have a player twice as good playing there soon. 20m to upgrade that position. bring it on

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:20 AM

Stardust

You seem incredibly sure of all this.

I will believe it when I see it.

• Tom1664

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:22 AM

Stardust – are you he of the shiny red bus parable of ages past?

• naptoon

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:23 AM

Can’t believe big al graced Ryder pushing that crap with a response. Bang on tho.

• lesh

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:27 AM

Stardust?
    Not the Stardust of many moons ago? The Stardust who when Ashley took over hoped he’d shake the monkeys out if their trees? A supporter of Ashley’s methods and utterings too.

If you are said same, then Tony Baloney’s in for a lesson from the master of being a real troublemaking tw@t!

• lesh

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:28 AM

Tom1664

Ah yes, I’d forgotten about Stardust’s bus. There could be trouble ahead….

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:29 AM

Ah now it becomes clear. Another 50p activated one.

• lesh

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:31 AM

If Stardust’s back, Froggy boy better multiply fast to keep up him

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:34 AM

Stardust, you seem to have history on here, but I hope you’re on the level this time. We need a sale to stop the club from imploding, something which a number of us predicted months ago if Rafa left.

I still believe in the sale process, I just hope Ashley does.

• lesh

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:39 AM

Regarding the suggested march to Charnley’s house – folly folly folly!!! It’d lead to trouble, Charnley’d have the bizzies on the case,as well as Ashley’s chums in the media who’d love the harrassment, intimidation, family frightening angle

Taking the action to Shirebrook’d have more impact

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:40 AM

#bleach it’s just a moniker mate, if you can be bothered typing the extra you go for your life, affects me none. I actually thought it was a really funny gag from Jail.

I think you’ve just intentionally left a trail of breadcrumbs to let people find out what you were previously posting as. I’ve followed it and I know who you are, but I’ll happily preserve your new anonymity, no point in burning it.

I was actually just curious as I remembered you switching your avatar to that image after I was asking Ed to use it in place of Ashley’s face, and then switching your moniker later on, but couldn’t put my finger on it. Just curious, not out to accuse you of being a multiple or anything like that, in case you thought I was.

• naptoon

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:43 AM

Even if we are sold is there time before end of August to sort out the mess we are in now. The clubs in $hite state and any manager appointed will be away to China so nowt will happen then I wouldn’t of thought. Then next to no time before season starts. Gonna be a struggle this season whatever happens I reckon and I reckon we are being strung along.

• lesh

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:44 AM

Rob

As if by coincidence, Stardust used to wax on about the panoramic views from his penthouse suite in one of the Cruddas Park blocks. And even more coincidentally, there was another character used to have similar opinions,and a penchant for provocation – Jeff in Benwell. I’ll leave you to join the dots!

• naptoon

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:48 AM

Charnley isn’t to blame he’s just a yes man. A figurehead and overblown p.a does anyone seriously think Charnley has the power to decide multi million pound contracts and purchases etc on behalf of fatty. I don’t he’s just a mug for letting it happen he’s Smithers Ashley’s mr.burns.

• Tom1664

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:48 AM

I’ve been coming here since the Modric saga and Stardust is probably the most “memorable” poster I’ve seen, even more so than Kets or Edd “Edd Speed” Speed.

Half the flack he got was for plugging a pro-Ashley line, to the point where you had to question whether he was actually part of Fat Ash’s staff.

If it is him, I suspect he’s either ITK or giving us one last wind up for the road.

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:51 AM

naptoon, whether we have time or not to turn things round depends entirely on the work that’s been going on behind the scenes. We simply don’t have the ability to know what that may or may not have been, but I hope it’s been extensive if we are about to be bought, otherwise as you say it’s gonna be a struggle at this point.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:51 AM

Nixon will have a list of players, that he and Rafa will have been putting together. The new guy needs to be in place for the China trip, but not necessarily before, and Charnley works off that list on transfers in and out, in consultation with the new guy. The club will see this situation as manageable and I think they’ll squirm their way out of this mess, which is Ashley’s forte, but of course, that’s as good as it gets under this owner, so it changes nothing at all. Ashley Out!

• naptoon

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:52 AM

If i had any genuine ITK info I’d have some sort of provenance to back it up and flog it to a rag before posting it on a blog.

• naptoon

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:54 AM

Robleenio
    Just can’t see the mob at the top having any sort of forward planning in place. Benítez case and point it’s shambolic and the silence is what is driving me batty there’s not even any rumours re transfers.

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:55 AM

I was curious about this stardust character, so I found that post. It’s on this thread

It’s actually a very well worded analogy, though rather…. self-indulgent.
    😉

Hindsight is, of course, a wonderful thing and this was written in January 2009, when many of us (me included) were still hoping that Ashley would come good, that his five year plan was actually in play. Obviously we all know what’s happened and failed to happen since.

• willowdalerez

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:55 AM

The takeover is dead. Anyone still flogging it or supposedly an itk is credulous as a turkey before Christmas or a Mackem Wum… Can’t see Cashley paying a red cent to have someone write something to rile us up, that’s what Bishop and “anonymous” leaks to click hungry reporters are for.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:01 AM

I don’t know if the takeover is dead, but Ashley certainly appears to have been trying to push it forward one way or another for the last couple of weeks. It’s probably dead, or stalled, at least for the moment, simply because decisions now need to be made regarding manager and players, and they’re out of time.

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:02 AM

tom1664, interesting to see you posting on that same thread. You’ve obviously been hanging round on here some time, but not so much these days. Hope you make it more regular again

I saw that Ed Speed posting earlier too – quite distinctive as he signed it Regards, Ed Speed. Unique.

There have been and still are some proper characters on this blog, no doubt.

lesh, I thought Jib was supposed to be Jeff in Benwell, though he denies it and I personally believe him. Are you saying Jeff in Benwell is also Stardust, Jib and therefore (apparently) jane?

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:10 AM

lesh, I see you on that thread also a couple of pages later on. That’s some shift you’ve put in over the years, matey.

You were banging the Ashley Out drum all that time ago. Fair play for having your eyes open when so many (including mine) were closed.

• Novocastrian66

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:14 AM

RobLeenio; how do you find those old posts? Love to know what my first post was. It will have been a long time ago.

• willowdalerez

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:15 AM

We clearly need a loan in to cover striker… Wonder who Charnley will find. Only hope he kept Rafa’s list (I presume Rafa gave him one ages ago before his future was settled) and acts on it right quick because anyone Rafa identified is likely gone or going in the next 2 weeks. Unlike our shambles of a club most clubs want their squad as complete as possible before training begins in earnest.

• beefman13

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:20 AM

Rafa, in his first interview with the Chinese takeaway mob.
    I am really excited by this project that I have waited so long for, we have to be patient , we are all in this together, we all have to focus on one goal, etc etc.
    Wow, this fella is a genuine mercenary.
    Its just on to the next then the next, he’s a brainwasher job.
    Succeeded at that at the toon.

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:21 AM

Ah, Novo, I just googled ‘stardust shiny red bus nufcblog’, no science behind it just a series of key words and let the Google algorithms and AI do the rest.

It came back as the third search result.

There is a command you can enter in the Google search bar which will return all the posts you’ve made over time. O know Online Guy has it written down on a pad somewhere, or someone with some web dev skills may be kind enough to post it again.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:21 AM

This blog has been collectively banging the Ashley out drum since the Keegan fiasco. There were a few of us that eased off a bit when Rafa arrived, believing like he did, that he might turn Ashley around.

the owner has had few friends on here for a decade. It’s been years of deserved Ashley bashing left right and centre, interspersed with little windows of hope, then inevitable realization. I don’t think anyone will be fooled again. Ashley’s a certified dickhead.

• willowdalerez

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:22 AM

Looking clearer to me we’re getting Moyes or Redfearn as manager. First out of a job and dying for a look in to the Prem again so will play yes man and grovel to get a chance to keep us up and thus rehabilitate his career and the other won’t cost Ashley a penny. Thoughts?

• naptoon

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:28 AM

Both would be hounded out hopefully … moyes might get Ashley’s objective of fourth bottom.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:30 AM

Redfearn can’t do the job, so that’s not really on. Moyes could, from Ashley’s perspective, certainly he’s better than McClaren or Pardew, but would get a rough ride, so I think they’ll be trying for a better fit, and he’s knocked about and jaded relative to his Everton days. Of course it might just come down to whoever they can get.

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:31 AM

Nicky, I remember debating Ashley with you and jane 12-18 months ago or so, you were really hopeful that Ashley could come good, even at that point. I told you there was no way back, the trust was gone and he had no option other than to sell.

It must have been around the time he called Staveley a tyre kicker. I’ve seen your stance hardening since then, mind.

• Thump

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:38 AM

@novocastrian66:

Site:[website you want to search for] [Search term]

So you would type into Google: site:nufcblog.com Novocastrian66

As for dates, use the advanced search feature to select a desired date range. I think there may be sorting options in there too, but it’s been a while.

If you get a chance, look up Google search operators. Google can be so much more than just keywords.

• Novocastrian66

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:42 AM

Cheers RobLeenio; found some old posts and some abuse from Jib. Nowt came up from years back though.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:42 AM

Yeah, I strongly believed in Rafa, and thought Ashley would see sense. I never softened my view of Ashley, I just thought he’d been handed something so obviously good, that he’d go with it rather than wring the life out if it for short term gain. Optimistic and to me realistic, but yes, wrong. I think Rafa believed though too, right up to the end, so I was in good company

• willowdalerez

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:45 AM

Naptoon – that’s what I’m thinking too Moyes might be able to keep us up, the only thing Ashley cares about.

Nicky – “it might just come down to whoever they can get”. That’s my worry, and I wouldn’t be sure Redfearn won’t get the nod, Ashley may have forgotten all about Carver.

Loads of potential other suspects I suppose but I can’t see anyone getting a warm welcome from the fans so really it has to be who doesn’t care and will take the job and the simple remit, keep club up = get a bonus.

• Novocastrian66

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:46 AM

Cheers Thump, I’ll give that a go.

• Magpiedownunder

Jul 4, 2019 at 1:48 AM

What I fear the most is a player revolt. Players disillusioned, wanting an exit, having no faith or belief in the club now that there seems to be a haze surrounding the place. Selling players is part of football, but when your whole team want to leave and there is no sign of quality replacements been found and no manager in place to pull the strings then the first team is weakened both physically and mentally. Not sure if a takeover is likely to happen. I will be cynical (if not realistic) and guess it isn’t. Therefore who do you buy to replace Perez, Rondon and the likely to go Joselu? What player would want o play for us if he current squad will more than likely want to leave?