web analytics

Chronicle Writer Gives Update On Manager Who Has Interest In Position

When it was confirmed that Rafa Benitez would not be returning to Newcastle, a slew of managers were linked with having interest in the vacant position.

One of those was former Feyenoord manager and ex-Netherlands captain Giovanni van Bronckhorst.

This is what van Bronckhorst’s agent Guido Albers said last week:

“I think the rumors come a little early. No one from the club has spoken to Gio. But I think every trainer in the world is interested in the Premier League.”

“Of course he would like to work at Newcastle if that opportunity arises. is a great club with a great fan base, but it’s up to them who they go for”

The Chronicle’s Lee Ryder has tweeted an update to his interest in the position.

Van Bronckhorst managed Feyenoord for four years and decided to leave the club at the end of this past season. He led Feyenoord to the Eredivisie title in 2017.

While it looks like Roberto Martinez is currently Newcastle’s main target, there is growing doubt that he would leave Belgium to take the position and work under Ashley.

While van Bronckhorst was successful at Feyenoord and also a great leader on the pitch, his lack of experience is a concern if he were to become Rafa Benitez’s successor.

• Stardust

Jul 4, 2019 at 2:54 PM

I feel like Bobby bee. Will be a shame for me not to go but I feel I have to join the protests. Good luck Bobby but it doesn’t matter. Get down the off licence and get them stacked up in the garage

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 2:54 PM

Your right bobby i wasnt there during these terrible times i wasnt born like, but nevermind.
    What youve been through bobby sounds like mainly just shit.
    I dont want another 50 years of mainly just shit.
    Its unfair on the future generations of toon supporters mate.
    Times have changed since the 60s and 70s. So should views.

• NY Mag

Jul 4, 2019 at 2:54 PM

Taco,

I have no idea mate…sorry

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 2:55 PM

That is the future that if i dont make a stand now will be ahead of me and i will only have myself to blame for not standing up for whats right.

• NY Mag

Jul 4, 2019 at 2:56 PM

toon22,

I never mentioned protests…..what I said is don’t preach 🙂

• WLtoon

Jul 4, 2019 at 2:58 PM

Another week has passed without a statement from BZG. I know they may have NDAs to stick to but in my opinion it should NOT prevent them giving some sort of comment or even a vague hint of how this so called takeover is progressing. Its ok for a local dj to give hints of or an imminent? statement,, anyone could boast the same info.
    I do think there is still a slim chance that there is something brewing in the back round simply bcos nobody has said the deal is off bcos of whatever reason. There seems to too many coincidences for it to be pie in the sky bullshit,, and i doubt very much that either BZG or Pinsent Masons would be privy to any of Ashley,s devious games.
    It is the start of the UAE weekend now so i doubt we will hear anything til at least Monday, that,s if we hear anything at all

• lesh

Jul 4, 2019 at 2:59 PM

Be aware

Anyone falling for Stardust’s info, beware. Be very aware.

He’s a poster that used to show up on here years ago and he’s a fantasist who posts crap that’s nowt but lies!

• Stardust

Jul 4, 2019 at 2:59 PM

I don’t know why there’s such doom and gloom. These people said twice they had agreed fee and since then misheard has given little snippets out. Nothing has changed. It should happen. Frustrating waiting yes but just bear with it
    #cansinmilan

• Captain AmeriMag

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:00 PM

Binoculars at the ready boys!

Plane watch in 30 minutes

🙂

• oldarse

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:00 PM

#92 Booby if you couldn’t give a F*kc what anybody says then you shouldn’t be on here pontificating to others it’s called hypocrisy

• Stardust

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:00 PM

Thanks lesh. You been on the red bus?

• Mister Tuff

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:01 PM

Jib rest assured you’ll never see my tackle – you filthy swine.

If we ever did meet and you started that mullarkey, calling me honey or making on you were Jane I would give you a good slapping. Nothing would stop me.
    Your high pitched cries of you wouldn’t hit a woman would you – look I’m even got the bra and suspenders on would be to no avail.

• oldarse

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:02 PM

sorry 94 bobby

• jimiley

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:02 PM

Genjikai
    It was shit you are right. I started going in the early 60s and have never seen the team win a domestic trophy. I hope that tragedy never befalls you.
    For some diehard supporters to never win anything and play bog standard footy for the vast majority of that time and still attend every game is a badge of honour. It shows they are true supporters whilst the Keegan era are really just hangers on.
    It makes them feel superior. A better quality of supporter. And if you can defy a boycott because of your passion for the club then you must be a right top geezer.

• ctommo

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:03 PM

Kev1664-
    If announcement is takeover is on it’ll be done from the UK. Probably with the new owners standing there. It wont matter what the time is in Dubai.
    If its deals off it could be announced any time.

So what I think your saying is, that an announcement could be any time? 😉

• MarkBro

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:05 PM

Im quite happy having gayle back. Can definitely playa part cutting in from the left..

Any takeover updates? No promised drafted statements?

Thought as much

• welshy14

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:05 PM

this has went on way longer then before. Staveley and kenyon were more less told to out up or stop wasting time. this seems more like Ashley dragging his heels takes him weeks to sign of a transfer deal never mind selling a club. we just need to be patient.

who was the part who email laura Coleman from pinsent masons. yous cut of my info man haha

• NY Mag

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:07 PM

Mr T.

No matter whether I’m feeling happy or sad or frustated or anything really……your posts always make me laugh…..thank you 🙂

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:07 PM

welshy14,
    Might just be something to do with ST sales.

• toon22

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:07 PM

Oldarse

Wanting to bicker and cause argument

Again

😉

• Just a fan

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:08 PM

Bobby vee
    I would like to know the league match when there were less than 10k

• Stardust

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:09 PM

Patience.
    Cans.
    Fridge.

Just keep repeating that to keep on track

• welshy14

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:10 PM

to many co efing inky dinks its happening HWTL

• toon22

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:11 PM

Who do you thinks up for sale next ?

Id put my money on Shar, nice big profit there for MA

• toon22

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:12 PM

You think we will have a manager before the season starts ?

• kev1664

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:14 PM

Ctommo,

Well, yes, but people saying it wont be announced tomorrow or tonight because it’s a day off or its past 5 in Dubai are being a little silly. It would be a uk announcement if the deals on.

• welshy14

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:14 PM

frog new manager new owner new strikers wingers left backs ice baths we will have it allllll

• oldarse

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:17 PM

toon 22 don’t go there you know that shit yesterday wasn’t my fault. and bobby was out of order #94

• NY Mag

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:17 PM

toon22,

Do you think we won’t have a manager when the season starts?

• toon22

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:17 PM

Who do you think he will pretend to sell us to next time?

We haven’t had any Asian fakeovers

😉

• Diddly

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:18 PM

3.30 captainamerimag. ?

• Bobbybee

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:18 PM

Jimiley, you were also on here whilst that meeting was on. Why weren’t you there? 300 turned up. You’re all mouth pal. You and Stan and them, you should be right in there, but no, you leave it to others. You’re just a keyboard warrior. Pure gobshittery. Does my loyalty to my team bug you that much eh? Is it coz I’m something you never could be?
    I have never once had a dig at anybody who’s given up going – except in retaliation. Know why? Coz I couldn’t give a shit what you do. Mr Nobody. Why should I?
    Why is it I can get on with others who have a different opinion? And that’s all it is. I don’t believe for one second you can beat a billionaire. We’re in the PL ffs. No wonder other fans laugh at you lot. Especially fans in lower divisions who have real cause for complaint.
    If you don’t like what I say, stop bleating on.
    Match going fans, in general, don’t give a toss what armchair fans think. You’re blaming the wrong people. Sky are to blame. Ashley’s to blame. Go after him, not loyal fans. All you’ll do is what Coventry and Blackburn fans have done. Damage the club. Beyond repair unless rich owners go in for them. More chance of him selling if we’re in the PL and filing the ground.
    So, you lot, stop whining at me. I’m not the only fan on here. We’re not to blame. Stop crying over it. Go after Ashley and rip out your Sky TV. They’re keeping him here, not us.

• toon22

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:18 PM

NY mag

Redfern will be temp so no , he won’t be told he’s doing it full time

• Jib

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:18 PM

I always thought it was malarkey

• Mister Tuff

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:19 PM

NY getting a couple of laughs is worth the effort if others have a chuckle.
    No need for all this foul abuse and gutter language.

• toon22

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:20 PM

Bobbybee

You obviously do care or that post wouldn’t have happened

Read it back

😉

• toon22

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:21 PM

Yep

Not as much PR fuelled bickering today

• MarkBro

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:21 PM

We’ll definitely miss his goals, crucially, the bloke that set most of them up…rondon

• Bobbybee

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:21 PM

Toon 22, no don’t care. I defend myself though. I’m entitled to. And I will.

• ctommo

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:22 PM

Kev@146 Just messing with you matey.
    I actually agree with you, it was just how I read it.