web analytics

Deal Said To Be Announced Soon Now Downgraded To Advanced Negotiations

Mundo Deportivo are again reporting on Joselu and his supposed transfer to Alaves. They first reported early last month of a pending £1.7M move to the La Liga club.

Mundo Deportivo later followed up their initial report by stating that the transfer was practically a done deal but was held up by “certain legal deadlines”. These deadlines were not explained but led to some speculation that it might have something to do with the BZG takeover.

If you remember, it was Joselu who alluded to a “new board” in an interview with Radio Marca at the end of May when he said the following:

“I have one year left at Newcastle, I have possibilities to move but it will depend on the new board that will come to the club”,

“The market in the Premier League ends on August 8, so I am attentive to the movements that may occur with me.”

Joselu– advanced negotiations with Alaves

The latest article from Mundo Deportivo says that Alaves are still very keen on Joselu and are currently in advanced negotiations with the forward. This is a far cry from prior reporting which all but confirmed the deal was about to be announced in a few days.

The report mentions that Joselu is also keen to join Alaves and does not want to see out the remaining one year on his contract.

Mundo Deportivo also states that Alaves will be cautious and patient while hoping that Joselu will join the club after the first few weeks of preseason.

We were a bit shocked to see Joselu back at Newcastle this morning as we had expected an announcement of his departure was imminent. That appears not to be the case though it does look likely he will leave this summer.

It was too good to be true that his transfer was being held up by the proposed BZG takeover. We were suddenly stripped of that notion by the shocking transfer of Ayoze Perez to Leicester City which was announced earlier today.

Well, we will continue to wait and see what happens with the Joselu to Alaves deal. The only positive we can see is that at least we don’t only have Dwight Gayle as the only out and out striker for the time being.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:48 PM

Join the Toon 22 Appreciation Society . He’s known all along the “takeover” would never happen.
    Joselu. We can’t let him go. He’s Rondon’s “replacement”.

• toon22

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:50 PM

Sadly we need the guy at the club as we literally have nobody else
    Our front 3 are Gayle, Joselou and Almerion

He’s the only guy who will hold it up

• Shoulders knees

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:50 PM

Oh no he’s staying :-/

• toon22

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:50 PM

West

Was typing that as you were

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:51 PM

GeordieTom . You’ll never complete the jigsaw. – Too many pieces missing mate!

• c-dog

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:53 PM

When is transfer deadline day?

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:54 PM

NUFC LEAKS
    ?

@NUFC57041822
    36m36 minutes ago
    Ayoze Perez spoke with #nufc in January to inform them he wanted to leave. Rafa Benitez and Lee Charnley agreed to this and inserted a minimum release clause which stopped Perez getting any end of season bonus(s). His agent was given permission to inform other clubs. LEAK IS FACT

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:54 PM

Toon 22 – I’m with you now all the bloody way. I’ve tried to keep an open mind – hope value only. But this man is the Liar of all liars.Wonder if he’ll turn up to collect his award as “The Most Hated Man on Tyneside” AND In the World!!

• Small World

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:57 PM

*** Repost ****

+ Also add Joselu (who talks about the new board !!!)

Will the take over / fake over, take place. Who knows? However, player sales don’t stop it from happening. Ashley and the likes of our new proposed owners see things only from a monetary investment point of view. Bizarrely the sale of Perez may actually speed up the sale.

We see things only from a football perspective, the club owners don’t only consider that

When buying the club they are buying everything, all club assets, monetary investments, guaranteed income and cash at the bank.

For arguments sake, BZG say the club is worth £325 million, Ashley argues it’s worth £350 million. Ashley instantly solves the problem by selling an asset with a book value of £5 million (trust me Perez would be far less than that – most likely £0) for £30 million, hey presto the club is now worth £350 million to BZG as he has boosted the total value of assets. Perez’z speculative market value assumed by supporters or anybody else is worth diddly squat. His monetary value to a business is the value in the asset register or alternatively cash in the bank if sold. Even if the payments are due over 4 years it is still guaranteed income.

Of course his value to the team is a lot more, especially as he’s the only real goal scorer we have. New owners won’t take that into consideration in the first place, they’d leave it for a new manager to sort it out, hopefully with some sort of budget to play with.

Is the take over going ahead? B**gered if I know !!!

• Ashley be gone. O.O

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:57 PM

Tom

Never got his credit, drove the team foward always had a eye for a pass, his only downside was he had no pace.

• Jib

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:59 PM

toon22 has never heard of Muto apparently

• geordietom

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:00 PM

oldarse …

very good player mate …

was Lee Clarke …

only if you buy them at the pound shop ( jig saws ) not condoms for the cumming …

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:00 PM

C Dog we don’t need Transfer Deadline Day . It’s cancelled this year in Toonland. Now’t ever happens on it anyway apart from bad things. We can do without it. We have enough on our plates without it.
    Anyway the likes of Gayle, Saviet , Colback Murphy, Lazaar & Aarons plus a revitalised Horselu will be liked new signings

• geordietom

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:01 PM

OO …

i agree with you mate lost his place to sideways Batty …

• Rotonda heights

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:02 PM

i don’t think toon22 is uniquely the only person who never thought it would happen. it’s just the never ending repetitive mind numbing ” it’s never ma’s fault”, ”hiya kgb, ” ” undisclosed payments” etc, etc, etc etc that just does everyone’s head in

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:04 PM

Toon 22
    “Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism” (or MUTO for short) refers to a species of giant monsters that first appeared in Godzilla (2014).

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:04 PM

Small world that’s a fine and insightful post, thank you.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:05 PM

small world

thats what i was praying for

• geordietom

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:06 PM

some 1 said the other day you cant polish a turd . that aint true coprolite. fossilized feces .so yeah you can polish a turd …

• GeordieTwo

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:07 PM

This looks like a genuine opportunity to do a good garden sale. Players positioned around the garden with price tags around their necks. Get a somewhat used Hoser Loo for 500 quid. 250 down and 250 in payments over 5 years. Manquillo on sale for only 1,000 pounds! It’s your last chance to get him for this low, low price. Or we can do a 3 player for 1200 pound deal for you! Get Hoser, Manquillo, and Rolando Aarons for this low, low one time only offer. SD value points not accepted….

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:07 PM

Small World. The only place the £30M for Perez is going is into Ashlie’s back pocket!

• GeordieTwo

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:08 PM

Hmmmm. I’m not seeing the offers pouring in….. Hoy Lee did you get that advert out as I requested?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:08 PM

Too many comments to read through on catch up.

But good evening all.

• Ashley be gone. O.O

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:09 PM

I was talking to a mate earlier and he mentioned the “what if” we had been bought by the Citeh people when they were interested.

My mate says he wishes we had and won all the trophies they have and the players etc.

I try not to think about that “what if” too much as I find it quite annoying, it’s not the trophy thing that bothers me it’s the infrastructure and future of Citeh/Manchester

When I say infrastructure I mean the academy stadium the training grounds the other sports facilities they’ve helped build and all the other charitable work in the community the clubs done.

That’s jobs for you me your kids their kids and their friends, plus all the business opportunities that would have created more work etc etc etc.

It guts me to think Ashley not only robbed our football club of any sporting credibility but hes robbed our city friends and family the chance of possibly have a amazing positive bright future.

The nightmare could’ve been a fairytale.

Funk you very much Mike.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:09 PM

Are you saying wor Mikey is a coprolite geordietom? I’m thinking he’s far too fresh for that. I saw him on the bottom of Charnley’s boot just last week.

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:09 PM

Lee Clark is one of my all time favourite players.

Should have made it 8-1 Vs Leicester in that promotion season but the ball hot him on the back of the head and he fell over when running free in their half. Still makes me smile thinking of that.

Also that he wore an ‘I hate Mackems’ T-Shirt to the full final and allowed himself to be photographed wearing it while he was actually playing for Sunderland.

😀

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:09 PM

Look GeordieTwo I know you are trying to raise a bit o’money but wouldn’t it be far easier just placing ’em on FreeCycle?

• Ashley be gone. O.O

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:11 PM

Rob

Year above me at school

• Tony Baloney

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:12 PM

Toon22 sticking to his guns about Ashley was not what he was about. Most of what he said was belittling other people and saying they were PRO_FCKN KBA.

• 9

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:12 PM

As of now, pre-season training started with no manager, no centre-forward bar th e totally out of depth Joselu, and our current TOP scorer of last season still here boasting 4 whol e goals, this could not possibly be worse. This IS th e pits (Mackems excepted), so, THE PITS for an EPL team. The only consolation is that this is just a passing blip until new owners take over, which MUST happen, and happen soon. Then most of this sh*t will hopefully be behind us. Hopefully!

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:12 PM

Evening Bill. You’ve not missed much. Couple wild theories and a bit of scrapping I think

• geordietom

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:13 PM

spat me kebab out …

i thought jib said Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Orgasim…

• GeordieTwo

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:14 PM

Hmmmm, we don’t have that over here West Lancs. Does it work well? Would we get value for money? I don’t want to hear we only got 275 pounds and some taco chips for Hoser or anything like that! No, it’s full value or nothing. We’ve got the club’s valuation to think about after all as Small World just explained…..

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:15 PM

Optimistic I think we’ve had this conversation before mate. Rings a strong bell anyway.

Did he play for the school or did he just pay for Wallsend boys club

• geordietom

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:15 PM

geordietwo …

wor mickey would’nt pish on him if he was on fire … but yeah he is a piece of shite mate …

• Tony Baloney

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:16 PM

Geordie Two: what price a garden gnome in your garage sale? Charnley $2?

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:16 PM

I know you are labelling Toon 22 and myself as complete Jonahs but Mikey will get his money whichever way he wants and if it means selling the “crown jewels ” in the pack then he will. Longstaff next for sure. Then cash in on Almiron, Lejeune, Schar and Lascelles. After £30m for Perez , how much is that?

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:16 PM

Online Guy,

Re your previous post;

You are dead right about Jail and obsession with me.

However, you a dead wrong about me.

I last defended some of Ashley’s decisions on here 4/5 years ago and when I came back for a short time three years ago I said any time I had for him was gone.

NOT ONE of my posts since I came back on a couple of weeks ago has been written in support of Ashley. NOT ONE.

I’ve even stated in more than one post that I want rid of him ASAP..

However, the bigoted idiots and clowns on here decide that because I don’t start my posts with ‘the fat slimy greedy fkn slug Ashley’ that I am an Ashley lover.

This blog at one time used to be a place where you could have a difference of opinion and a good debate with other fans – not now – it is a festering $hit pot of slagging, nonsense, ridicule and out of the box negativity.

Jail, once a very good poster, has been dragged down to same level.

Most decent sensible supporters will now avoid this blog like the plague – me included.

• Shoulders knees

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:17 PM

GeordieTom

That was me, I wasn’t on about resin Coated ones but great big steaming ones 🙂

• Toonboi4EVA