web analytics

Deal Said To Be Announced Soon Now Downgraded To Advanced Negotiations

Mundo Deportivo are again reporting on Joselu and his supposed transfer to Alaves. They first reported early last month of a pending £1.7M move to the La Liga club.

Mundo Deportivo later followed up their initial report by stating that the transfer was practically a done deal but was held up by “certain legal deadlines”. These deadlines were not explained but led to some speculation that it might have something to do with the BZG takeover.

If you remember, it was Joselu who alluded to a “new board” in an interview with Radio Marca at the end of May when he said the following:

“I have one year left at Newcastle, I have possibilities to move but it will depend on the new board that will come to the club”,

“The market in the Premier League ends on August 8, so I am attentive to the movements that may occur with me.”

Joselu– advanced negotiations with Alaves

The latest article from Mundo Deportivo says that Alaves are still very keen on Joselu and are currently in advanced negotiations with the forward. This is a far cry from prior reporting which all but confirmed the deal was about to be announced in a few days.

The report mentions that Joselu is also keen to join Alaves and does not want to see out the remaining one year on his contract.

Mundo Deportivo also states that Alaves will be cautious and patient while hoping that Joselu will join the club after the first few weeks of preseason.

We were a bit shocked to see Joselu back at Newcastle this morning as we had expected an announcement of his departure was imminent. That appears not to be the case though it does look likely he will leave this summer.

It was too good to be true that his transfer was being held up by the proposed BZG takeover. We were suddenly stripped of that notion by the shocking transfer of Ayoze Perez to Leicester City which was announced earlier today.

Well, we will continue to wait and see what happens with the Joselu to Alaves deal. The only positive we can see is that at least we don’t only have Dwight Gayle as the only out and out striker for the time being.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:45 PM

I have had a bit of stick on another website for calling Carver Ugly John. It was, I bet you are no oil painting yourself like! I said, you bet I am partner! Vincent Van Gogh self portrait or The Scream!

• TomaKaThor

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:45 PM

Things are worse than ever, dark days ahead, there is no deal, but we wont be told that.

• HarryConkers

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:46 PM

Surely a logical compromise between fans would be:

EVERYONE (including Toon22!) stay / get positive about the takeover!

Then, if Ashley is still here…

EVERYONE get on board with boycotting the Arsenal game.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:47 PM

Tom I mentioned a few ex players I’d like to see involved with the toon as coaches. It was in response to being linked with everyone else’s hero’s in Gerrard, Arteta, Viera and Phil bloomin Neville.

Lee Clark was one of them, with Temuri Ketsbaia and Kevin Nolan. I reckon Joey Barton would do a job too.

All have their badges, all have done well coaching various teams, sadly none of them would come and work for the leech

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:47 PM

There 65 comments between my first and second post in only a few minutes, Neil and Ed are certainly getting some mileage from the blog! 🙂

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:47 PM

GT sorry mate I didn’t realise that you were so much older than me! But please get on the phone to Toxic Ash first thing in the morning. Somebody is sure to help you with a CV but wouldn’t worry too much about that because so many people have already turned Ash down . Just tell him you are Tommy “loads o’ mates” and not Billy no Mates like him

• naptoon

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:47 PM

Harry
    The same thing is said every takeover rumour. Its what fatty counts on dont fall for it.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:47 PM

EGB

You should write for BBC their sitcoms are poop these days.

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:48 PM

Conkers that’s exactly the approach in taking mate. I think the takeover will happen until in told it’s not, but in the meantime we need to prepare for a battle

• HarryConkers

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:49 PM

Naptoon,

Surely you have to admit there’s more substance this time.

This is the first takeover I’ve believed….

• Tony Baloney

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:49 PM

EGB: I think you might have run out of material for your Ashley/Arab dialogue.

• toon22

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:49 PM

Let’s just all sit back and enjoy the shafting we’re getting from MA

??????

• geordietom

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:50 PM

ROB …

i even saw Nobby’s name mentioned this morning on the net …

• naptoon

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:50 PM

Bring the lube mike …. what dya mean you want a fiver for it.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:51 PM

Charnley I charge of picking new manager.

Who would even trust him to pick his nose.

• HarryConkers

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:51 PM

Come on toon22…..I remember seeing a glimmer of excitement from you when this was first announced. It was beautiful.

Don’t let impatience suffocate the facts.

• naptoon

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:52 PM

Harry
    Wish it was true m8 but weve been down this road many times b4.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:52 PM

Tony

I/m sure that the nice Mr Ashlie can provide me with much more. 😉

• geordietom

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:52 PM

WLG …

are Tsunki …?

• geordietom

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:54 PM

WLG …
    i played along with your little skit …

time to stop i think …

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:54 PM

Let’s face it is impossible at present to write anything constructive whilst we are in this Mushroom Syndrome . In the dark the whole time and the only glimpse of daylight we get is when some beggar opens the door and clods another shovel full of sh1te on us . It can’t go on!

• oldarse

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:55 PM

toon22 Hang on just ran outa KY jelly

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:56 PM

Robleenio

I’m prepared to fight, my thoughts on takeover are that it’s possible but the giant stumbling block happens to be a giant bumbling c&@k

I shall maintain my silliness as whilst it sometimes misses the mark, I have also had positive feedback.

• naptoon

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:56 PM

Wlg
    Classic analogy there.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:57 PM

Yeah GT. All good fun no malice. Thanks for the craic – much appreciated mate

• GeordieTwo

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:58 PM

This new managerial hiring scheme we’re putting together on here seems bang on. Whoever has some time on their hands and has played football at least once should apply. Let the brilliant Lee Charnley sort the wheat from the chaff and Presto! we’re on the way to another relegation!

• HarryConkers

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:58 PM

WLG,

That’s because we take everything as a negative…..

Perez going is fine in a takeover scenario….its a built in clause that’s already factored into the deal.

Hoss however is a bid on an asset with no clause, so will have to wait.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:00 PM

I think I could definitely teach Hoser Loo a thing or two about shooting on goal without falling over the ball…

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:00 PM

GeordieTwo

I applied as I once took Newport from League two to the Champoins League on Fifa and I play 5 a side.

I am in the running.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:01 PM

In the running droppy? You’re definitely right at the top!!!

• naptoon

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:02 PM

Hoss is the only target man we have cant let him go yet even tho he traps the ball like a wall. Cheers mike.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:03 PM

It does get very depressing when you see Leicester spending £70m on new players especially when one of them was ours.

I hope they win the league again next year, in fact I might make them my 2nd team
    After Gateshead!

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:03 PM

GeordieTwo

Just got to remember to mention at interview that I have no ambition and think that £47.38 is a suitable transfer budget.

• willowdalerez

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:05 PM

This on another board just gave me a laugh “Our Ginger Messi is back in the mix. Just like a new signing!”

Where did the barmy flight tracking lads go lol casing the vip lounge at the airport I expect

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:06 PM

Sadly folks and turning onto a serious note. I think we’ll find the Arabs will announce in next few days that they are pulling out of the deal saying that Mr Ashlie still wants £350M + despite getting rid of Rafa and selling Perez for £30M.
    Albeit I still maintain that if Rafa had signed even a 12 month extension to his contract he would have taken the Club off the market and we would have been faced with yet another 12 months of the same old.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:09 PM

It certainly feels like this won’t happen now West Lncs Geordie.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:10 PM

Just realised I missed a bit out

4iiiis

Boss some Arab gents have just turned up, so I’ve put them in the VIP lounge.

MA

About bloody time, I reckon they must have been doing a flying sight seeing tour of the country supposed to have been here days ago.

Anyway now they are treat them nice, give them a few beers and some bacon sarnies to keep them sweet. I just want to finish this call to Alan.

4iiiis

Can’t do that boss they’re Muslims they don’t eat pork or drink alcohol.

MA

Really, OK let me think, I’ve heard they like sheeps eye balls so do some sarnies with them in and some camel milk.

4iiiis

Right boss leave it to me I’ll sort something out for them.

MA

Good evening gentlemen bought my dosh have you.

1st Arab

Hello Mr Ashlie, indeed, we want to finalise the takeover of Newcastle Untied Football Club
    lock stock and barrel.

And where is Mr Benitez shouldn’t he be here.

MA

Err, Ah he’s just popped out for a Chinese be back later

But hang on you do realise that the deal was for the Newcastle United Sanitary Co. Ltd only, not the whole club.

2nd Arab

What you are trying to sell us your toilets for £350m.

MA

Sorry has there been some misunderstanding, which of my Newcastle United Company’s did you want to buy.

1st Arab

All of them for the agreed fee are you trying to change the deal now.

MA

No of course not I’m a man of my word, lets all sit down and thrash this out to my satisfaction.

2nd Arab

Again you have insulted my family but as a gesture of goodwill and hope I extend to you and invitation to come to my country very soon where I’m sure we can come to an amicable solution to this problem.

MA

Thank you your majesty and thanks to you Mr Hatstand for getting us this far.

Later

MA

Well 4iiiis that went very well didn’t it although I reckon they might be bloody tyrekickers again

4iiiis

Well they did have the ready’s in those cases they showed it to me.

MA

Yes but I enjoy running this club and the fans love me for saving it, don’t they?

4iiiis

Err yes boss, I’ll go ahead and book a flight for you then, how about tomorrow.

MA

Good idea never been to Arab land, go ahead.

Much later

4iiiis

Hello Mr 1st Arab I’ve booked him on a flight for tomorrow and here’s my bank details.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:10 PM

Glad to hear you are still a believer HC. I really hope you are right and I am proven wrong. Perhaps selling Longstaff to Manure will cast a little doubt. If there is a deal why is he so hell bent on appointing Rafa’s successor.? Any new owners may well not want who he “choses” or more to the point who will take on the job.

• Toon222

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:11 PM

Time to start covering the toon and st james park, inside and out with pics of fat mike the pervert

And every toon u go 2