web analytics

Promising Youngster Signs First Professional Contract

Ryan Barrett signed his first professional contract with Newcastle United on Monday.

Here is the tweet Ryan sent out commemorating this momentous occasion in his career:

Ryan was one of three 2nd year scholarship players who were offered contracts earlier in June.

Ryan is an U17 Welsh International right-back who has just turned 18 in June. He made 7 appearances for the Newcastle U18s last season before being promoted into the U23s in January and making 4 appearances for them.

We would like to congratulate Ryan and hope that he has a tremendous career ahead of him.

• ilovetoon8788

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:37 PM

Seeing the gym pictures of players in training, the state of gym is embarrassing for a Premier league club.

Lol

• Captain AmeriMag

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:37 PM

HAHAHAHA Sheikhs on a Plane got a proper giggle there Foggy!!

😀

Good work Sir

• Tongue in Sheikh

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:37 PM

CJtoon

Love that idea. Cost maybe 1000 pounds to get a fat ash squishy toy for everyone within throwing range to get one on the pitch. NUST flush with cash these days, maybe they could spring for it. Or sell them for a pound each at the gates. Throw them on the pitch as soon as the game starts, chanting Ashley Out. Sky cameras pan in on the thousands of fat men littering the pitch

• Tony Baloney

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:38 PM

Foggy: hope Sheikhs on a Plane is a better movie than Snakes on a Plane.

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:39 PM

Olg
    Unbelievable work.
    When we all work together we can all achieve the greater good.
    Lets make this happen.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:40 PM

Sorry, I didn’t realise that Sheikhs on Plane was an intentional pun.

• Tongue in Sheikh

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:41 PM

Also if there are any sheikhs out there reading this blog, my blog name is also a standing offer to any who purchase this club. Hopefully that tips the scales in our favour lads

• Bobbybee

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:41 PM

I get it. But we’re not alone are we? But beating City, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea etc – nowt like it. When the ball hits the back of the net and that roar goes up from 50k – pure magic. Hairs stand up on the back of my neck. Only buzz to match that was when I used to go to Wigan Casino. Electric. 🙂

• Tony Baloney

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:42 PM

Back to the boycott though. Am I right that this Steve Wraith guy is against it but the council are being asked to put up big screens to support it. Was Wraith voted in? Did he run on a platform of anti-boycott?

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:42 PM

I have to hold my hands up and admit I didn’t come up with “Sheikhs on a plane” haha

credit the guy that posted the thread on twitter earlier.

• Captain AmeriMag

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:43 PM

Take one for the team there Tongue in Sheikh good lad!!

Captain AmeriMag salutes you soldier 😀

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:43 PM

CaptainAmeriMag

You didn’t see my post early this morning?

SD now sell special clutching straws.

You get a free kick in the nuts and ST renewal reminder with every pack.

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:44 PM

Landing in 1 minute.

Ashley’s Jet is still there.

• NY Mag

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:45 PM

tounge in sheikh,

Too much imformsfion 😀

• Online Guy

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:45 PM

I joined the Magpie group a while back ..I was just about to join NUST ..im having second thoughts on that ..it just went from 650 members ? To near 7 thousand members and then Steve Wraith pops up ! and saying he does not want a boycott of the Arsenal match !

Well who is he to dictate policy ? 7 thousand others should Boycott that notion and do what they were going to do before he popped up ..Boycott Arse.

Well that had better go to a democratic vote among them as I don’t think one man as a figurehead should hold sway ..

I want a bloody Boycott ! its the only way..everything else fails and pales in comparison to the massive embarrassment that it will cause Mike Ashley .

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:45 PM

Tongue in Sheikh

Above and beyond man.

• Online Guy

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:48 PM

Ed , hold the bus a mo ..important .

One fine day , Genjikia , Lads

Just been talking to Chi’ secretary..0191-2325838.

Told they would put the idea of the Arsenal match being shown in Leazes Park to the City council if a representitive or individual in Chi’s constituency puts the idea to them right now.

Sec also said that the city council would probably go with it and not be opposed to the idea but NE1 would have to pay for it ..it would have to be paid for from private sector ..NE1 do that anyway..its the pubs and clubs and Local bussinesses that fund that sort of thing ..bit like the beach oasis thing down at the Quayside.

They will ask the City council, put it to them for us, no problem

So if your under Chi’s wing , area she covers ..give her a bell. They are now expecting a call.

Iv opened the door.

They are supportive and will represent you.

Ring now..hes in. Don’t be shy he’s a lovely guy.

• corkypants

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:48 PM

This takeover talk is getting boring as much as I’d absolutely love it to happen I think we’re just pissing into on coming wind building ourselves up for more disappointment we are gunna be Ashley’s cash cow for years to come the one thing that really annoys me is new owners have to pass a ‘fit and proper test’ surely Mike Ashley has broken so many rules that he should be brought in front of the fa to answer for his actions!!!!

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:48 PM

Tongue in Shiekh, I hope you have some mouthwash!

Body on the line, literally!

😉

• Bobbybee

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:48 PM

OLG, Sky hold the broadcasting rights mate, that ain’t ever happening. They’ve fined pub landlords £15k for showing PL games without a permit. You’d have to get a special licence and Ashley would object and the PL would object. Nice idea, worth a try, but the licence would cost a fortune if they’d even grant it.

• Markaccus

Jul 4, 2019 at 4:50 PM

Tongue in shiek

In a world of pain that nobody wanted, you’re the hero nobody asked for….. But your dedication can’t be questioned 😀

• Online Guy

Jul 4, 2019 at 5:05 PM

Jail

You are the type of bloke that holds grudges for years ..I will never understand that in a person , it’s horrible .

You hounded Bills son from the moment he came back trying to make him admit he was wrong every waking day ! ..now you have hounded him off.

Joe Stuck up for Bills right ,or anyone else right to have an opinion and defended that and you call Joe a coward for defending anyones right to speak !

For the record I did not agree with most of what Bill was saying ..I detest anyone defending Ashley but I’m against anyone sitting on his fkng high Chair trying to gag someone because he has a different opinion to you.

Control freak .

I did not agree with Bills son defending Ashley and told him so.

I think Joe was brave defending someone’s right to speak despite your attacking people daily.

Take a look at yourself man. Pathetic.