web analytics

Report – Newcastle’s Transfer Budget To Top £100m

The Daily Star are reporting that Newcastle’s transfer budget this summer will top £100m, which if spent in total would easily be the highest spent in any transfer window by the club.

How the Daily Star come to this amount is not as straightforward as the title of the article suggests. Basically they are reporting that the transfer budget is £60m plus the £30m from the sale of Ayoze Perez. But that only amounts to £90m you might be asking.

Well, I’ll leave it to Ian Murtagh of the Daily Star to fill you in on the rest of it:

Newcastle sources insist the cash raised from Perez’ imminent move to the Foxes will be added to the £60m already promised to Rafa Benitez before his own departure earlier this week.

And with wantaway Isaac Hayden keen to quit St James’ Park for personal reasons and unlikely to leave for less than £15m, Benitez’ replacement will have a budget for the season running into nine figures.

As you can see, Murtagh is adding player sales to this amount and he is including Isaac Hayden in that equation.

It is true that Isaac Hayden will want to leave this summer to be closer to home for personal reasons. Rafa Benitez was sympathetic to Isaac and was seemingly resigned to his departure this summer.

However, we’ll have to see what happens under the new manager. Though we would expect the club to respect Isaac’s request as it is legitimate and he has acted professionally throughout this season.

Though there is yet to be an offer for Hayden and until one of significant value comes in, Isaac is a Newcastle United player.

Newcastle United Training Centre– where shirts are held and photos are taken

Ian Murtagh also touches on the likely skepticism by fans to this assertion or reinvesting in the squad, as it not very Ashley-esque. Ian Murtagh writes:

That sum will be greeted with plenty of scepticism by a fanbase still reeling from Benitez’ departure, upset at owner Mike Ashley’s running of the club and divided over Perez’ move to a Premier League rival.

He then reasserts him claims of the large transfer budget by referring to sources inside the club. He continues:

But insiders are adamant that Lee Charnley will honour his April pledge that £60m plus every penny raised through sales is to be invested in the team and the new man will be provided with the sort of funds his predecessor could only dream about.

I think Alan Shearer has the appropriate response to this claim.

• Brussels

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:08 AM

The response from Shearer sums up the true thoughts and feelings of the fans!

Based on AshLie only spending what we have and allowing clubs to pay over a number of years we can assume that the kitty will be boosted by 6 million for Perez.

A decently run club typically replaces their players with one of a higher level BEFORE they depart…

Who will we get for the 6m?

• kev1664

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:08 AM

Are all the players in today?

In the past they’ve brought them in over a series of days to do fitness tests etc. If we’re building on theories of new owners meeting the players before an announcement they would all be back together.

What if Ashley wasn’t planning on selling without the extra parts to the deal like SD advertising, etc, because they thought they had Rafa in the bag with a one year extension.

Rafa’s team send the email that its not going to happen 2 weeks ago, Ashley shits himself and accepts the initial bid and forwards the BZG paperwork to the premier league for the owners and directors tests. BZG are buoyant about the takeover and let dubai radio guy know there will be an announcement soon. BZG are waiting for the test results to come back so they can sign it all over and announce.

• toon22

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:08 AM

Dubs

It’s got nowt to with season ticket renewals ?

😉

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:10 AM

I’m glad I haven’t put towards Nufc trust. They talk a good game but I’ve always thought that is easy, it’s only when you see their actions can you actually support what they do. Thanks to self serving pr1ck Steve wraith they seem to be backing out of a boycott of arsenal.

Happy to take your money, offer the world and back track. Remind you of anyone?

• Brussels

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:11 AM

Toon 22:
    Just a coincidence ?

• Sheikh-en but not stirred

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:12 AM

@markbro

I don’t think you are negative.. you are realistic because of the turd who is destroying our club….

But we have to admit there are so many little things adding up which we have not had before!!

I think it’s taking so long because Jabba is difficult and the club is so split up by him for his benifit it’s just taking a long time..

I don’t know where to sit.. I have a foot in both camps… Yes it will happen and no Jabba doesn’t want to sell his cash cow

• Paul141726

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:12 AM

I may be wrong (yeah, like that hasn’t happened before) but wasn’t it 50million over a season plus any sales? That, to me, means 25million each transfer window plus sales. Hard for me to know the workings of AshLIE and his cronies. And also, do we not agree to pay for any outgoing transfers over a certain length of time? For instance, if we sold Ayoze for 30million, and then be paid in installments? Say, 6million per year over 5 years? Yet, if WE buy, we seem to pay all in one lump sum? Why can’t that be reversed? Please correct if I’m wrong.

And that’s if AshLIE stays. Who knows how new owners will operate. Hopefully not like the fat one.

And, can AshLIE pocket all the monies gained through transfers of our players if the team has not yet been sold?

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:15 AM

Use your vote in the NUST to dictate the direction that the NUST will go in.
    Thats what im going to do.
    Im going to vote for the most effective way to get rid of ashley.
    The NUST are more then just a voice, they payed the legal fees of the lads that got onto the pitch after we scored against bournemouth i believe.
    Surely the point of them is to listen to the voice of the members?
    Surely the point of them is to use the money of members to support the magpie groups fighting ashley?
    The more members, the more with a voice.
    We are stronger together.
    Turn up to meetings, rallys and protests.
    Do all you can.
    Thats how we will get rid of ashley.

• Jib

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:16 AM

• Jib

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:18 AM

Genjikai
    NUST payed the legal fees of the lads that got onto the pitch after we scored against Bournemouth

They organised a collection

• JohnJ

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:20 AM

DubaiMicky

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:48 AM

Hi Micky,

Have you heard for defo that the sale of NUFC is off? I’ve been a half glass full guy but it’s hovering on half empty!

• Paul141726

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:20 AM

@121–agree with you there sir.

My thinking also. I’m also under the impression that the money granted to the manager/coach is to also include wages and agents fees as well. Bet no other club in the PL operates like this. Absolutely staggering way to do business, if you ask me.

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:20 AM

Plus im assuming youll be able to vote for the people on the board of the NUST?

• Sheikh-en but not stirred

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:20 AM

@jib

It’s that reason we should unite against Jabba and do whatever we can to get him out!!

He is destroying the club and just does not care

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:20 AM

Can anyone clarify the the situation re freezing of assets during the handover? My current understanding is that once the process of transferring over the shares starts, the company cannot trade until the process is completed. Could both parties agree to a sale of a player during this time? Does the alleged realease clause make a difference?

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:20 AM

lesh, re posting that link to that early blog post, nee bosh marra. It was interesting reading back. Surprising how many names posting then still are today, regularly or not.

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:21 AM

They still done more than you jib

• Jib

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:26 AM

Genji
    I wouldn’t touch NUST with a barge pole
    But
    I did chip in a few quid to the lads fighting fund
    and put them in touch with a good brief in Dorset

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:26 AM

genjikai, “I disagree me if it had 20k members and 19k say boycott they would have too or its false representation and id be demanding my money back.
    Plus im assuming youll be able to vote for the people on the board of the NUST?”

Completely agree – if the NUST isn’t run this way, with each member having an equal voice and the board being voted for at the AGM, I’d be very surprised. If they take money, they have to account for it. If they account for it, they have to have proper lines of communication and that includes making decisions based on what the members want.

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:26 AM

Genji
    That’s what I thought, you pay, you vote the direction but when you have someone on the top who is not very trustworthy, and last night was pretty clear where he stands on boycott arsenal and is retweeting others who are not in favour of a boycott then I kind of feel it’s just better to wait and see how they progress.
    Just my stance on the matter.

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:27 AM

Well done jib. I retract my statement made to you based on my assumptions that you did nowt.

• Tino 11

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:28 AM

‘Mon the lads.

Regards,

Ed Speed.

• #BleachTheLeech

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:29 AM

Dig n dig

Posted your suggestions and they seemed well received.

Any ideas are welcome so what’s people’s thoughts on what we can realistically do?

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:29 AM

Ronaldo i respect your opinion mate.
    Alternatively lads donate a 10a lifetime membership to the ronaldo aarons blog consortium.

• Shoulders knees

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:30 AM

Lampard new manager @ Chelski

• NY Mag

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:30 AM

Chancel,

It’s a private sale between individuals – they can do whatever they agree between themselves

• Shoulders knees

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:31 AM

Gutted
    When I heard breaking football.news regarding premiership got hopes up 🙁

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:32 AM

Genji
    Consortium is dead, Mike Ashley called me a tyre kicker even though I stumped up more cash thank Kenyon!

Still taking donations though… all to good causes 😉 I mean I do need a new Rolex.

• NY Mag

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:32 AM

Ronaldo,

I just joined NUST and that’s what the say on their website – each member gets one vote (equal weighting for all members)

• crawfordm

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:34 AM

Chelsea appoint Lampard – the club is buzzing with the comment from their MD ” We will give Frank all the support required yo be a success ” Whilst at NUFC zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!

• crawfordm

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:35 AM

to

• DubaiMicky

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:35 AM

JohnJ, no mate, just gut feeling, want to be positive but it’s not in me anymore.

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:35 AM

Ronaldo news to me i want my 400 quid back!

• Mindshaft

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:36 AM

It can’t get any worse at this disaster of what remains of nufc – no manager, no coaching staff, fans in revolt, players wanting to leave and no end in sight of the fakeover

I can’t even imagine what the players must be thinking turning up today – I’m guessing a call to there agents and the words find me a club….any club spring to mind.

The F.A are a useless bunch of slap their own backs t0ssers, they’ve let teams down time and time again to maintain their happy incestuous club

Charnley oot, Ashley oot, a slow horrible death to them both

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:39 AM

Dig n dig
    Your suggestions last night where spot on.
    I like your suggestions of hitting any life tv coverage of sports events.
    Would show the toon supporters follow sport but mike ashley is not a sports fan.
    Why would he be hes ground down one of the jewels of the premier league into dust.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:40 AM

So Ash won’t give Rafa money for the academy and infrastructure improvements and our player of the season Rondon, but will give a Z lister 100 M . Hmmm… ST’s must be down. Are people finally seeing through the facade.

• geordiemark

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:41 AM

how many season tickets have been sold for this season ashley says to chunky charnley he turns around theres thousands missing my lord, ok chunky ill get my pr team to spread the news we have 100 million to spend on players that will get the horde back ………………………………………. fans dont bite, sorry ashley you have to first get a manager in then spend the 100 million on players then the fans may consider buying the season tickets, the way its going we be fielding our reserve team out come the opening day of the season

• #BleachTheLeech

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:41 AM

I agree with Rolando.

How has he wormed his way into nust first and foremost?

To then backtrack on a boycott once in a position of power is a joke tbh.

• RobLeenio

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:41 AM

I read dig-n-dig’s suggestions re the advertising around the Tour de Yorkshire. Sounds great in theory, it’s possible they’ll have restrictions on advertising with a political message. They can’t stop a few lads jumping in front of the peloton with a Sh!te Direct banner, however. If you actually bring down a racer you’ll be guaranteed coverage (kidding btw)

#Bleach, how about you suggest a minute’s silence from those who do attend on match day for the death of our club? It could be done on the 12th minute to represent the length of Ashley’s ownership and everyone could print off a RIP NUFC banner (circulated ahead of the match ion social media) on A4 to hold up whilst it’s happening.

A sudden silence in the crowd would be quite eerie on live TV, hard for the commentators to ignore.

• lochinvar

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:41 AM

Does training start at 10am at Benton today ? Less than 30 minutes to go then.

Might feel like the Hoppings when everyone’s gone home after a good time and the fair folk start to break up the rides, pack up and go their own ways. And they start rubbing their hands with glee as to the cash they’ve trousered from gullible punters. The Hoppings are an annual event. Ring any bells anyone ?

Jib hopefully your on the case with your Canon or is it Pentax and we’ll see all the smiling faces soon with the exception of Rafa.

Maybe Rondon will turn up and Perez come back, who knows.