web analytics

Stars And Fringe Players Return To Newcastle

The club’s Twitter page has announced that the lads are back:

The Chronicle also has a lot of photographs of the players returning back to training. Ayoze Perez is not one of them though as he will soon be announced as Leicester City’s second signing of the summer.

One very interesting face we saw in the scroll of photographs was Joselu. So his move to Alaves may not have been as far along as reported. The last we heard of it was that is was basically a done deal but being held up due to “legal” issues. Whatever that means.

Henri Saivet was not there as he is still on international duty with Senegal in the African Cup of Nations.

Players like Jack Colback, Rolando Aarons, and Achraf Lazaar (who has dressed to the nines in his return to training) will be looking to resurrect their Newcastle careers after being out of Rafa Benitez’s plans these past few seasons.

Yoshinori Muto will also look to show what he has after a very slow start to his Newcastle career.

While we did see Sean Longstaff in the photos, we did not see any of Martin Dubravka, Isaac Hayden, Fabian Schar, or Miguel Almiron.

And of course, the players return with no first-team manager in place.

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:44 AM

I noticed Joselu has turned up for training.

• IrishRob

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:45 AM

First one after First!!

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:47 AM

Repost:

I like it Genji, thousands of fans in black and white shirts with ‘HOPE’ written on the back. Lying face down around SJP, playing dead. Take an aerial shot of an empty SJP surrounded by ‘dead’ geordies. This could be one of many Ashley Out art pieces. Prints could be sold to raise money to support protesters, the collection could go on tour to raise awareness elsewhere…….Take some organising mind.

• IrishRob

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:50 AM

Chancle I like that idea but but how about instead of getting hope or names on shirts or, what if everyone collectively got ‘No Hope’ 00 on the back of replica jerseys for the away matches.

• geordietom

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:51 AM

genjikai jail …

just a thought can some one contact the arsenal version or the gooners group .and ask them if we get some posters printed up . will they be willing to get them in to the ground . and show them off from their seats up in the gods ? …

worth a try …

get other fan bases behind us would help …

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:53 AM

Summary of proposal.
    We get black and white coffin.
    4 carry coffin. Rest of fan base follow. (Set it up properly). Could even have it where it starts off few and more fans join as we go.
    Walk through toon to sjp.
    Lay coffin ,have silence, lay down toon tops.
    The club is dead under ashley.

• toon kk

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:56 AM

Let’s wait and see who our new head coach is, we won’t have a manager as such coming in.
    Then see who we sign in players.
    If it’s one big disappointment, which anything to do with MA it will be, Then boycott SJP.
    Any fans who go aren’t a real fan they just want to watch a game of football but have no ambition than MA and are part of the problem.

• Toon222

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:57 AM

Genjikai

Great idea about the coffin

But the blog stil has too many ashley supporters

Hes mugging us off, laughing at us

The longer we support his shite the longer hel stay

Thers simply no way the fans would hav settled for this in the 90s or 2000s

Shows how far hes pulled expectations down

Time to take a stand and drive the fat b@stard out

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:57 AM

I like that Irish, fans would have to do a Posnan to get it on tele.

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:57 AM

Geordietom.
    I know that arsenal fan tv is big.
    I was sitting at the table with the nufc fan tv at the meeting. He posts on here i asked him to up the anti ashley rehtoric. didnt ask who he was on here.(schoolboy error)
    Maybe they can get something sorted?

• toon22

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:57 AM

That picture says a thousand words

You think that looks like some kind of centre for sporting excellence?

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:58 AM

Geordie Dentist when asked if he has heard about an announcement today.

• nut meg

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:59 AM

I like the idea of a coffin, put it on a horse and cart.Have the pole bearers there and the undertaker leading the way, don’t forget the wreaths.

• lochinvar

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:00 AM

Side show – but take a look at the state of Benton and then watch this link on Stadiums – see the slow mo clip of the development of the New Nou camp

Understand the importance and benefit to a City of a cathedral on the Hill such as SJP

Beyond Ashley’s mental capabilities

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:00 AM

Not my idea mate, idea of the collective.
    And it would take the collective for it to succeed.
    Im sure we can all come together to get this sorted.

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:01 AM

Nut meg aye set it up properly.
    Make it theatrical.
    Could easily be achieved.

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:03 AM

Then jib well do it again.
    And again and again.
    Im not going to stop until hes gone.
    And i know alot of yous wont stop too.
    This is the beginning.
    We will be the end.

• Ron Knee

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:03 AM

RIP
    NUFC

• nut meg

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:04 AM

AND somebody with a bugle to play the last post.

• Genjikai

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:07 AM

Tbh like if 50000 of us took a bag of shit to his store on northumberland street and left them there with a note saying just returning the shit you serve us.
    I think hed get the point.

• beefman13

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:22 AM

Jib, yea, Steve Wraith, the krays best fiend, 2012? that wasn’t the season when we finished 5th was it. Best achievement apart from Leicester in Prem history.

• beefman13

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:27 AM

I will reiterate, Rafa plays the fans and media to a tee,BRAINWASHING, what ambition is there going to China? What project? famous club 10 years old? It’s an honour? couldn’t turn down such an opportunity? THE BIT!!!!!!!!!!!

• Bobbybee

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:53 AM

You know, just because you say fans who go to games aren’t real fans, it doesn’t make it so. It’s utter bollix. It’s a difference of opinion. Some of us see fans who don’t go as not real fans you pillock. Some of us see it that you support the team regardless. As long as players represent MY club, in Newcastle shirts, they’ll get my support. Or are they not real players?
    Sunlun fans are laughing at us. We’re a mid table PL team, they’re in the first division. They’re not crying about it. They’ll turn up next season. Not in huge numbers, but in decent numbers. If they go top, they’ll get 30-40k. It’s called supporting your team through thick and thin. We’ve got fans like that. Hard core proper fans who support the players. It’s not their fault Ashley’s an arse is it?
    Anyone who’s read my posts from years ago heard my argument then. I hate Ashley. But I hated McKeag. I despised Westwood. Didn’t stop me supporting the TEAM.
    I don’t care who owns us. According to plenty on here we’ve never had a good owner. Even the man who built Keegan’s Entertainers – they brought the plastics out the woodwork alright – and built SJP KNOWING he could never even own it ffs. Didn’t see them boycotting then. Know why? Because we were good.
    Loads on here saying we’re not proper fans have never even SEEN SJP ffs.
    Look, it’s dead simple. If you’re not happy, stay away. Don’t go. Go back to doing whatever it was you were doing before the Entertainers. Because a lot saying they’ve always supported us are full of shit. Supported us through the, 60s and 70s, but not the 80s. Numbers don’t lie.
    Yes, compared to the heady days of the Entertainers we are crap, but compared to the second division, we’re not. It’s all relative to what your starting point is.
    I’ve got respect for those who were at that meeting. But considering the ‘outrage’, a well publicised event only pulled 300 people.
    You know I loved Rafa. I stuck up for him when he was getting stick for his tactics, but let’s be honest, he didn’t hang around to see what happened with the takeover. He knew what was on offer – what had always been on offer – but he was in China before his contract even ended. That well known hotbed of football. Oh yeah, and 12 million a season. Wake up. Football is ALL about money now. That’s why it attracts leaches like Ashley.
    That’s why I choose to ignore owners. I hate him, but precedents tell you, you can’t hold a billionaire to ransom. You just destroy the club. And I WON’T be a part of that. Nor will thousands of others. Tens of thousands of others. And when I look around, I’ll recognise fans who WERE there in the real dark days.
    As for getting other clubs to join us – good luck with that. Will that be the fans who chant Ashley’s name to wind us up? Did we go and support Blackburn and Coventry fans? No, because we didn’t care less – and neither do they. A few might, but no more.
    I’m paying my money to watch my team in my time. It’s got nothing to do with you.
    I know what I’ve done to support my team. Been bricked at Millwall. The rat run at Boro. Moved home so I could carry on supporting my team. Travelled home and away when home games involved over 300 mile round trips and not missed a game. And I’m not a proper fan? F**k off.

• captainmarvel

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:05 PM

Beef, porkies and chicken all linked to NUFC..

• Moonraker15

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:28 PM

Bobby
    Good passionate opinion shared by many. Trouble is it highlights the position we’re in; yes we are obviously better off than Sunderland or boro, but Ashley is definitely robbing the club if you look at the money that’s come in against money spent on players. You can’t say that about Steve Gibson and Sunderland have been badly run for sure. The talking down by Ashley’s regime is deliberate policy rather than lack of money.
    However, other clubs have forced a change in policy; look at West Ham now their fans actions were borderline violent but it definitely worked! They would never boycott the matches though and I think a full house protesting is more powerful!