web analytics

Capital Radio UAE Quotes BZG On Reports Of No Bid As “Simply Not True”

Yesterday Lee Ryder of the Chronicle tweeted in response to a fan asking about the takeover that as he understands it there have been no bids yet.

This is the exchange between Lee and the fan:

What we can gather from Lee’s tweet is that he has been told that “there is still no bid on the table”, however this may not be “concrete info”.

We wonder who exactly has told Lee that there has been no bid made yet. It would have to be from second-hand sources because if that came from the club, it would surely have been worth reporting as that is concrete information.

Peter Redding has again taken to Twitter but this time in response to media claims that the Bin Zayed Group have not made a bid yet.

This is Peter’s tweet:

It seems from this that Peter has directly contacted someone at the group and they have refuted the media reports from yesterday.

Peter also added that he did press his source about the pending statement and that all he was told was that it was “incoming”.

Peter then followed up a question about what the statement would entail. The fan asking the question seemed to hope that it would be positive. However from Peter’s response, it seems that it could go either way.

While Peter Redding has been very communicative about this situation and he seems as frustrated with the uncertainty of it all like the rest of us, we just don’t know what to make of it.

• Tsunki

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:25 AM

We’ve had quite a few invaders from the snoozeland blogs lately. What are they up to?

• Jib

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:26 AM

Happy birthday
    Jonas Guttierrez

• Tsunki

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:27 AM

One “t” jib ha ha

• hibbit

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:28 AM

Wayayman

to be honest lads i’ve put my faith in someone i know in the ticket office, who’s told me if this deal doe’s go through before the start of the season there will have to be a massive drive to get ex season ticket holders back to St James as sales are at an all time low

• toon22

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:30 AM

Can’t sell the club without a seller

It’s what MA has done so many times before it’s just not funny

• count

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:30 AM

Good one lascelles. No one on the blog has made that remark for a day or so at least.

• naptoon

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:31 AM

Peter redding of “theres a statement prepared and will be released in a few days, maybe even tomorrow” (on Sunday) fame. Utter bell … he knows nowt. At some point it’s obvs either fatty or bzg will release a statement about the (non) takeover unless someone can give me an exact date their just after hits on Twatter.

• geordietom

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:31 AM

howay your MAJ just tell us if you’ve bought us or not …

• toon22

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:33 AM

Naptoon

At least that’s 2 days that arnt in the normal rotation of sale days

My guess is it’ll be Monday…lol

• naptoon

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:34 AM

8th or 15th probably both

• kev1664

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:34 AM

Hobbit,

I’d love to see those figures published, I highly doubt they will though.

They were quick enough in the last couple of seasons to bang the drum of record uptake on tickets.

P.s I can’t believe everyone missed my message from the last thread.

• kev1664

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:35 AM

Hibbet*

• kev1664

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:36 AM

Come on man autocorrect, hibbit*

• geordietom

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:38 AM

toon22 …

reading through last nights comments about spanish players. Costa comment . not strictly right he’s from brazil .

took spanish citizenship . so he could play for spain …

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:38 AM

Hibbit

Hats off to you.

We are the same. 3 generations of tickets – 3 tickets.

I have been a season ticket holder since I was 10 years old. It’s all I have known.

Reassuring to see your post about the drive to get ex season ticket holders their tickets back. Fingers crossed.

• WLtoon

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:39 AM

Is there any thruth that both Ashley and Midhat are in London today?

• geordietom

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:40 AM

Hibbit …

sorry for all your family mate …

any way as jimmy nail said/sang …

The TOON will rise again …

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:41 AM

WLtoon

Where have you seen that?

• richyg01

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:44 AM

Cant believe Ashley had the cheek to tweet Jonas

• RobLeenio

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:45 AM

Used to like Nolan as a player and one of the main driving forces behind our promotion under Hughton, now think he’s a bell-end of the first water.

Here’s his TalkSport interview for those who have not heard it

• Bambams

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:47 AM

If BZG are not going to take over the club, they will know now if this is possible or not. Then I would expect them to have made a statement stating it’s off.

They wont want to be held ‘partly’ responsible for not allowing the current owners from having no time to work in the transfer market.

I can just see Ash coming out with ‘We had targets set to come in that would break our Transfer record, but had no time because of BZG ‘

So, as a bloke glass still half full, I am still confident it will happen.

Ash, as usual has altered from the Heads of Terms, or else it would of been complete by now – I think the potential buyers are playing brinkmanship with him.

There has to be a cut off date agreed by all parties.

Just my thoughts.

• RobLeenio

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:47 AM

Talking of bell-ends, jeez Tony what a muppet you’ve proven yourself to be. The blog seems to be attracting some proper tools, along with the decent new posters.

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:49 AM

I literally just skip over that Tony’s post.

Cannit be chewed with all of that. I didn’t start posting on here to read people whinging on like that.

• RobLeenio

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:50 AM

On another note, hibbit, fair play to you and your family, I don’t know whether to pat you on the back or shed a tear – I think I’ll do both (metaphorically of course).

I fervently hope your sacrifice proves unnecessary, but if not I hope it proves worthwhile in the long run.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:50 AM

WLtoon, there is no definitive proof that they are or that they are not as far as I’m currently aware. But the alleged upcoming announcement and the various unusual plane and helicopter activity point towards the negotiations coming to a head and a meeting taking place.

• oldarse

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:51 AM

Think Ashes arse has gone because potential managers are turning there back on him making him look a propper tit

• lochinvar

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:51 AM

Semantics maybe along the lines of…

BZG have said ” we are prepared to buy the club and will make an offer of a specified value once we have completed all the forensic analysis of the values and costs ( as there are multiple company structures set up by the current owners to consider ) involved.

Ashley says: ” how much ? – please be specific” ( so in his mind no offer as such just an intent to offer )

Let’s not forget that when Ashley bought the club in a hurry didn’t he get caught out by some undisclosed cost that Shepherd had hidden away ?

If you buy a house you usually say to the seller ” I’m interested and will make what I determine to be a fair offer based on the results of the structural survey and what my mortgage lender says it’s worth ”

If you buy shares you buy them at the price in the market on the day, not what they were a week ago

Please just make hm an offer he can’t refuse

• Jib

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:52 AM

The good ship NUFC is adrift rudderless (Rafaless) in the Arabian Sea
    who will get to it first ?

The Emiratis or Somali (SD) pirates

• kev1664

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:53 AM

What would everyone’s opinion be if they were meeting yesterday and today they announced exclusivity and owners and directors tests to be done?

• oldarse

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:53 AM

above posts re balloney and I got slated when I outed the TURD

• Ashley be gone. O.O

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:54 AM

What bollocks from Nolan, shame on him

• hibbit

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:55 AM

lochinvar
    Ashley didn’t get caught he just didn’t bother to look !!!!

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:56 AM

Kev

I think you know the answer to that!

• TyneMouth

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:57 AM

If ever there was a more appropriate blog name than the eponymous ‘Baloney’ I’ve yet to come across it!

Howeve, come to think of it…

….I think I stood in some once!

• #BleachTheLeech

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:59 AM

Hibbit

Any percentages or numbers available mate?

I tweeted your post about giving up your ST just to let you know.

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:00 AM

Kev- I’d be more than happy with that unless there is enough time to see the Fat Greedy Leech out of our club and we can at least buy a proper ST.

• kev1664

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:00 AM

Foggy,

I mean do you think we’ll have the time to right all the wrong that Ashley has done before the season starts?

Will the reinvigorated fan base be able to pull the current players to get some decent results in before January rebuild?

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:01 AM

ST= Striker

• Bobbybee

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:01 AM

I’ve already bought my ST. I buy it before the previous season ends because I’m on a long term deal.
    I’m boycotting the Arsenal match already and I’ll seriously consider not going after that. He’s got my money already so I’m not sure what it will achieve and if 40k people turn up the following game I’ll go back. No point me boycotting having bought the bloody thing if nobody else does.
    I still don’t believe it will work but I’ll give it a go.

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:03 AM

Kev tbh I wouldn’t even worry about relegation under new owners as I know he will pump money into the club unlike you know who!