web analytics

Inaccurate Comments On Ashley From Former Captain Are Disappointing

Former Newcastle captain Kevin Nolan has given an interview on talkSPORT that will shock some Newcastle United supporters.

Below is a three-minute clip on what Kevin had to say about the current state of Newcastle and what Mike Ashley wants for the club:

Kevin says that Mike Ashley had great intentions of putting Newcastle United back on the map when he first bought the club.

History would show these statements to be naive by Kevin. Mike Ashley has shown that he has no intention of Newcastle having any success. It is Sports Direct that Mike Ashely bought Newcastle for. He had intentions of plastering his company’s logo in every available inch of St James Park.

Kevin also says that the Ayoze Perez money will go back into the transfer budget for the new manager. And then he makes the ridiculous statement “that’s one thing he’s done with Rafa”.

I can’t even believe that statement. Newcastle have -£30m net spend under Rafa Benitez so this is just verifiably false.

What we also take away from these comments is that Kevin is convinced that Mike Ashley wants to sell the club. We, however, are not. He has a very interested buyer in the Bin Zayed Group who Mike Ashley appears to be toying with.

Kevin also touches on the dispute he had with Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias but only mentions it in regards to player bonuses.

This is a far cry from his statements when he left the club to join West Ham United in the summer of 2011.

Here is what he thought of Mike Ashley and his running of the club back then:

“I envisaged ­spending the rest of my ­career at the club.” “I was settled, happy and I adored the supporters.

“I was captain of a huge club and played with a smashing group of lads I had untold respect for.” “But ultimately I was forced out because I lost trust in key people at the club and when you lose trust in people it’s almost impossible to ­regain it.

“From January and shortly following the sale of Andy Carroll to ­Liverpool, I was involved in ongoing discussions about signing a new contract ­between four and five years.

“I discussed the deal at length with managing ­director Derek Llambias and even shook hands on it. In my book when you do that man-to-man you expect them to see it through.

“But what we talked about and what they finally offered me was laughable. They did a U-turn on what we agreed They showed me no ­respect. I felt totally betrayed.

“Then they had the nerve to claim I rejected a new contract. What contract? A deferred option to increase my deal by 12 months with a bonus that hinged on the ­success of the team on the pitch the following season.

“Perhaps I was just naive. I thought I had a good relationship with the board.” “But when it all came to a head in the summer I knew my time was coming to an end.

“I had given the club everything but they didn’t want to give me anything in return, just broken promises. I ­simply couldn’t work with people like that. There was no way back for me.”

I guess time gives you a different perspective on what has transpired in the past. However, these comments by Kevin Nolan are just very disappointing.

• DubaiMicky

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:06 AM

Repost (Geordie Pete Redding has read my WhatsApps on +971506072051 )

Come on lads, listen in, we might get a shout out!

• Ashley be gone. O.O

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:08 AM

Hibbit/Bobby

Hats off to you both, I know it’s a big sacrifice.

Stinks that fans feel this is their only Avenue.

Hopefully one day soon we’ll get our club back

• ilovetoon8788

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:11 AM

Next manager. Kevin Nolan. The new yes man. Wonder how much Ashley paid him to spout that shi*

• RobLeenio

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:12 AM

Bobby, I know that’ll hurt mate, staying away. I imagine you’ve not done that voluntarily for many years, fair play to you.

I hope you actually are there for the Arsenal match as it’ll mean this purgatory is over.

• hibbit

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:13 AM

monumental moment in the life of the blog

bobbybee RESPECT mate

• Tinman

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:14 AM

Dubai, what was the question? Sorry if I missed it.

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:14 AM

In all honesty. Not renewing my ticket I feel a little bit lost.

Everything was planned around going to the match on a weekend.

Truly sad. Gutted

• geordietom

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:14 AM

DM …

all i’am getting on the pod cast is Madonna …

• Just a fan

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:15 AM

Hibbit
    Re season tickets.
    A big decision hope it doesn’t backfire when the good times roll lol
    It will be hard to get tickets next to each other that’s if you did.
    Good luck in the future

• RobLeenio

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:15 AM

Nolan is a snivelling, brown nosed wretch who has completely sold himself and his respect. The worst thing about this interview is he’s been a victim of the fat man yet has completely ignored that to intentionally cr@p on the fans from a height.

If anyone wants a lesson in how to turn a Million friends into a Million enemies in less than 5 minutes, this interview is it.

• geordietom

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:15 AM

never trust a scouser … lmao …

• hibbit

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:15 AM

Bobby
    i know exactly how your feeling this morning, total respect for that well said

• Genjikai

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:16 AM

Bobbybee
    Hats off mate, like i said the other day you deserve to watch the toon.
    Ashley doesnt deserve to own the toon.
    Its for people like you we are making the stand.
    Its for people like all of us we need to make a stand against ashley.
    All unite,
    One goal, Ashley out.

• RobLeenio

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:17 AM

Mickey, the adverts on this station suck worse than my Granny with a lump of ice.

😀

• Just a fan

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:19 AM

How come every time somebody comments on Ashley and it’s not negative they are”being paid”
    Free speech is still allowed.

• Pain in the Blog

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:19 AM

Tony Baloney,

I’ve just spent over an hour catching up on last night’s posts. It occurs to me that Chicago is six hours behind BST. That means your unprovoked anti-Dubai Mickey tweets between 6am and 7am our time this morning were delivered between midnight and 1am your time. It is fairly obvious to anybody on here that you had too much to drink and – like many drunks – got unnecessarily aggressive. Bit of advice, don’t post when you’re drunk. And don’t have a go at blog favourites.

I have never, in all the time I have read the blog, encountered such universal criticism against one poster as I have witnessed this morning against you. You have been slated by one fine day, AshLIE is a Joker, dig-n-dig, chancel be a fine thing, NY Mag, Diddly, Shoulders knees, Dagwoodz, geordiemark, hibbit, bill, Singininthecorner, Captain Amerimag, Tatforsale Mikey, Toonboi4EVA, Jib, Geordie in Oldham, Nostradamus, magscar, Sheikh-en but not stirred, Reilly, Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore, toon22, posada, Tsunki, TyneMouth, RobLeenio, Foggy Hall to Timbuktu, and, of course, Oldarse. (I just cut and pasted the posters names as I read through the blog this morning).

If that doesn’t make you realise what a prat you are then the fact that you were supported only by count and a new WUM, NUFC FOR SALE, shows what company you are in.

I think most of the blog would like you to refrain from posting on here again once you have slept off your hangover.

• #BleachTheLeech

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:20 AM

BobbyBee

We’ve not always agreed on things in the past and have been downright nasty to each other at times but kudos to you for making a stand.

Short term pain for long term gain. Hopefully.

We won’t know if we don’t try.

Hwtl
    Hwtf

• DubaiMicky

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:21 AM

That maybe true Rob, I’ve asked for a namecheck for the blog – and Tony specifically.

Send some WhatsApps to him, they’re free! mention #EdNUFCBLOG +971506072051

GeordieTom – sorry, I’m currently getting some beat generation from a group I have no idea about.

• RobLeenio

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:22 AM

Oooh, just a fan, that’s a very shill-ish comment, mate. Best Duck!

😉

• #BleachTheLeech

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:23 AM

Hibbit

Cheers for the info.

I’ve asked our group if there’s any info regarding the 5/10 year deals and how to get out of them if anyone wishes.

• Ron Knee

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:23 AM

Don’t drink and post. You know it makes sense.

• one fine day

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:24 AM

From previous
    Bobby bee
    Respect mate
    Been thinking too on the whole season tickets thing …
    If ( inshallah n all that shite ) we are taken over I think the new owners should be contacted pronto and put a freeze on season ticket sales .
    Then invite all the lads n lasses who gave up tickets in the last five years to have first dibs to take back there seats if possible .
    It’s only fair in my book and would stop ” new fans ” jumping on
    If there’s not enough spare then use the wad n build the gallowgate and offer them seats there .
    Dreaming ..? Yes but it’s these guys who sacrificed and need to be respected first .

• Jib

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:24 AM

Fabio Borini played 111 games in the English top flight, scoring nine goals and five assists.

just a fan – I think the extreme attacks on anyone who dares not to be 100% negative
    about Mike Ashley makes NUFC fans look very insular , parochial and a bit dim.

• Shadow_Shearer

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:25 AM

Nolan should get his tongue out of Ashley’s ass. This is a disgrace of an interview!!! Perez money back into the club??? What else you been smoking apart from Ashleys ass?!?!

On another note, BZG should buy us or go to hell as they are wasting our time. We’ve already lost Benitez in that time. I’m 99% sure they are not buying us so do the decent thing and announce your not buying, that announcement can’t be part of the NDA.

• NY Mag

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:25 AM

Micky,

Thanks for the link, I’m quite enjoying listening to this radio station (beats having to listen to CNN in this hotel)

• Bobbybee

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:26 AM

This bloody deal better go through. And everybody better not be BSing about giving up. I’m doing this out of solidarity with the fan base despite my misgivings on holding a billionaire to ransom, but if 40k people turn up I won’t be too happy.
    So, my apologies to anybody I’ve offended. I was only defending myself though, I never attacked anybody first.
    Not sure how I feel, I think I need a coffee.

• lesh

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:26 AM

RobLeenio

Somebody likened me to a dog that growls at someone (Baloney) when others wonder why.

Sometimes animals are more sensitive than humans eh?

😉

• Kamakazeee

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:29 AM

Getting bored of it now

• geordietom

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:29 AM

jib …

escuse no parly italiano…

• #BleachTheLeech

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:29 AM

Some info on the 5/10 year ST deals. Hope this helps.

Hi.
    we’ve posted a few times on this but getting the message out wider is a real challenge as we all know. People on 10 year deals can cancel their DD with their bank and should advise the club they’ve done so. ST cancelled.
    There’s a difference of opinion about whether payments can be recovered from last February onwards. Some have said they’ve had DD refunds from the bank but others have written it off.

• lesh

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:30 AM

Could Nolan be selling himself as a candidate for a job as Ashley’s stooge? Shameful comments from someone who should know better.

Bobbybee

Your protest speaks volumes but I hope it becomes unnecessary

• hibbit

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:31 AM

same old bobby ,well i for one will take that offer but if only 39999 turn up your still OUT 😉

• geordietom

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:31 AM

Borini …

to take perez’s spot could work …

• posada

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:33 AM

One bit of that statement just sums up football. If accurate.
    I had given the club everything !
    No you didn’t. You played for us for a few years and were well paid.

The young people we lost in Afghanistan and other places gave everything.
    Footballers have been in a bubble so long they don’t reason like the rest of us.

• lesh

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:34 AM

NY Mag

You mentioned Luton Limos being booked to go PM from Luton. Were you telling fibs?

• RobLeenio

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:35 AM

lesh, lol fair play, mate.

Let’s call it some kind of uncanny 6th sense. You did go after him like a dog with a bone, mind!

😉

• geordietom

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:36 AM

Dm …#19

cant blame you mate but we know some one who will..

• posada

Jul 5, 2019 at 10:38 AM

When folks talk about boycotts be careful.
    There are two worlds. This blog world and the real one.
    Often they are different.

I remember a game after last season. Ashley was at the game. The chant started – stand up if you hate Ashley.
    Only a scattered few in the East Stand bothered to.