web analytics

One More Shoe To Fall – Let’s Hope It’s Positive For The Club

Neil reported earlier today that Peter Redding, the Geordie journalist in the UAE for Capital Radio, said the statement soon to be released by the Sheikh led BZG would be the last word on their takeover attempt.

Peter said it would finalize the takeover one way or the other.

Here’s the tweet from James (@ToonCaboom) about three hours ago.

Chronicle reporter Lee Ryder is still sticking by the club’s whispers that the owner has still not received a bid yet – but not sure why they would believe Ashley given his long history of lies at Newcastle.

This man simply cannot be trusted – we all know that.

Mike Ashley – Newcastle owner – but not for long?

Peter Redding said that it’s simply not true and a bid has been made to Ashley and they say it’s £350M.

If Sheikh Khaled reports he tried but couldn’t buy Newcastle, then it’s becasue Mike Ashley doesn’t want to sell and he should come out and tell the truth for a change.

If that happens then our fans will do av everything they can to force out the owner – to save the club from any further damage – but any demonstrations and the like will need to be peaceful.

We should remember that potential new owners will be watching and could potentially come in and buy the club.

But that’s only if the Sheikh comes out and says he was unable to buy the club.

The excellent news would be that they have bought the club and then we’ll ask the Chronicle why they kept reporting, since May 26th, that Ashley had not received a bid for the club.

Maybe becasue that’s what Ashley told them.

But there have been two sets of facts – one from the club and one from Newcastle – both cannot be true.

But if BZ do manage to buy the club, they will presumably name their manager and if it’s Jose Mourinho then – wait for it – Ashley may even have told the truth about not wanting to give Rafa a new deal because it would cost the new owners a £6M buyout clause.

But the Sun reporter Justin Allen, who broke the takeover news, has already said that Rafa was the manager BZG wanted.

So there’s one more shoe to fall – and we hope it’s positive for Newcastle fans and the club.

Losing Rafa was a severe and unnecessary blow the club will find difficult to overcome.

And like yesterday – pretending nothing was wrong – is like putting your head in the sand – but come to think of it that’s the way Ashley has run the club since May, 007.

It’s like having an elephant in the room and nobody comments on it.

But if Ashley leaves and Sheikh Khaled comes in – there could still be dancing in the streets in Newcastle very soon.

We have to hope and pray some good news is on the way.

We need it.

Howay The Lads!!

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:33 PM

Lesh: I seem to be the only voice of reason.

Boycott or not boycott? Elect Steve Wraith and not boycott but now Bobby bee says boycott.

I am confused.

• Ron Knee

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:33 PM

7:30 AM Central Daylight Time

It’s going to be a long day.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:34 PM

Support the frog now! Even though he has been a tw@t to all of you for at least 3 months calling you shills.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:35 PM

So I had had a google, it seems NUFC have extended season ticket renewals in 2015 (Mclaren manager/relegation that season), 2016 (Rafa championship), and 2018 (Rafa season just gone). I could not find anything for 2017, I assume season ticket sales went well, as we were on a high from promotion and we believed Rafa had more power than he did and that we were on the up.
    This year 2019, there seems to be no deadline extension, yet I’m guessing uptake is at an all time low. If Ashley is planning to stay, why not extend the deadline and and get Lee Ryder to tell us about the exciting new players and manager we will be buying. I see this as another positive sign the takeover is on the way.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:36 PM

Tried turning it off and on again but the whining continues.

Hard to describe it’s like fingernails down a blackboard but it’s also sounds a bit like “everyone is wrong but me”

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:36 PM

I am so happy I have been able to unite jmiley who has not had a good word to say about anything ever with Bobbybee who after 500,000 words decides he was wrong all along.

• Tsunki

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:38 PM

It’s like someone just puked Alphabetti Spaghetti onto the blog. 🙂

• Toonboi4EVA

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:38 PM

Why is it that when I’m catching up reading the blog, that same pillock pipes up demanding that people explain themselves…

Can’t you give it a rest!

• Markaccus

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:39 PM

Tony B

Can’t see anyone supporting the frog, like?
    I defended you against him yesterday, as well as saying others have treated you harshly.
    However, today you have gone full nutter, and I’m not quite sure where it has come from.
    You and the frog are acting the same way. It’s the “agree with me or you’re an enemy” attitude.

• Yorkgeordie

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:40 PM

About Nolan.
    Ameobi tried this and was rewarded with a (made up) job in NUFC. Watch this space for Nolan to arrive.

• toon22

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:41 PM

Tony

Still trying to cause an argument
    Still on with the bickering

Be gone bargain bin shill

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:41 PM

Lesh: I took your advice about staying calm. Imagine what it would be like if I said what I really thought 🙂

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:42 PM

For gods sake.

Another slagging off match going down?

Tedious

• oldarse

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:42 PM

ED Come switch this dick off check his ip address just to make sure if he’s from where he says he from Chicago I think

• toon22

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:42 PM

Tony

Undisclosed Payments

😉

• Yorkgeordie

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:42 PM

Also confirms that there will be no takeover, in my opinion

• hibbit

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:42 PM

this guy Phony Baloney is a attention seeking wum, working to agenda of disruption and eventually destroying the blog,
    please don’t feed him he’s insulting half of us and laughing at the rest,

• c-dog

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:43 PM

Myself and jib are headed to the old George tonight for a few ales if anyone fancies one

• toon22

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:43 PM

It’s proper bottom of the barrel stuff from KBA

You think MA would pay people to defend him at a company he’s just about to sell ?

Me neither

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:44 PM

And Abe simpson @39 is giving me advice now. FFS

• toon22

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:44 PM

Tony

Your proof of the sale lie

Cheers

• MAUTITOON

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:44 PM

nostalgia already,

• toon22

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:46 PM

Tony

Tell again how those accounts are proper mint

It’s a popular view point among toon fans

• toon22

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:46 PM

Tony

Hiya

• kev1664

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:46 PM

repost from a few threads ago for those that missed it.

The thing the gets me about the toon is.
    Only us, as a club fail to at least try.
    No other club does these things.
    You would think the league would step in.

It’s such a travesty for football.
    Stuff like this really gauls us fans.

After us how many more clubs can the league let it happen to.

This needs to be looked at from the high.
    Reading this blog alone proves that.
    Only the powers that be can step in.
    Loving the toon theres nothing we can do
    Lets hope the sale is on.

p.s STOP FEEDING IT

• oldarse

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:47 PM

hibbit that means TB he’s working for Ed’s competitor’s probs after his advertising revenue

• scott

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:49 PM

Tony Baloney

Bobbybees decision is the same as the one your dad had all those years ago!

Pull out or stay in & you are the result of staying in making bobbybees decision all the more understandable!

• Genjikai

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:49 PM

Tony , your irrelevant.
    From your own words your over 3000 miles away and cant do nothing about it.
    If you cant understand why bobby has made a stand against ashley then you never will.

• Bobbybee

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:50 PM

Tony, I will explain mate. I bought my ticket. I had every intention of going, but a lot of people I didn’t think would give up have. I don’t want to do it and I still don’t think it will work, but after some serious soul searching – which I hadn’t bothered doing until now – I’ve decided to at least try.
    That said, I’ve reserved the right to change my mind. If the effort is crap, I’ll go back straight away. It’s not easy to do this. I accept I’ve left myself open to abuse and I’ll take it on the chin if people choose to call me out on it – as you have.
    Seeing Perez go and knowing he won’t fight to keep Longstaff, I’ve decided to give it a go and see if we can move him. I’ll be amazed if we do, but if I don’t at least try, I’ll never know
    Up until now, it’s been dribs and drabs. Now there seems to be a concerted effort – if everybody is to be believed. And there’s the catch. If, after a few games, the ground is full, I’ll be pissed off and will go back because I’m not prepared to do it unless everybody is behind it. I don’t want to do it because I don’t think it will work, but I’ll see how it goes. I’ve already made it clear that if I feel everybody else is full of shit and people have claimed to given up but really haven’t, I won’t hesitate to return.
    I’m still hoping it won’t happen. I’m still hoping BZG take us over. We all can have a change of heart. I have. Right or wrong, time will tell.

• hibbit

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:50 PM

Phony Baloney is a wum nothing more nothing less,

• toon22

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:50 PM

Email your local MP
    Parliament are in the process of doing something about people like MA

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:50 PM

I am totally confused now!

Support the boycott and NUST. But the new head of NUST is only in it for himself and says son’t support the boycott?

Bobbybee spent 3 years of his life and 500,000 words saying it is his money and he does what he wants and it is his life and suck it up everybody else, and now he recants it all?

And Dubai Micky tells us so much ITK and now says maybe it was all just a hoax? I don’t know, you can’t blame me. Here’s Charnley’s address, go and harass his kids and then firebomb Sports Direct Stores.

• toon22

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:52 PM

Tony

Nobody has any intention of breaking the law
    I suggest you follow suit

• Mund

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:53 PM

Tony

Is your life that boring and uninteresting that you have to come on this blog and stir sh!t the way you do??

This is a blog and yes with a blog comes many opinions some will agree with others and some won’t that’s what opinions are all about. Most people on this blog are in it for the club and us fans should stick together. Yes we can disagree and have discussions but we can’t be forceful when someone else’s opinion doesn’t match our own

But you just seem to get some kick out of it stirring up crap like I said you must lead a boring life if this is what you do all day. You must be the most common poster and 99% of the time it’s BS

• toon22

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:53 PM

We won’t let you bicker and argue as a way to defend MA

• bettyswallocks

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:54 PM

Mr Baloney confirms suspicions that he was a wrong un by alienating and denouncing the majority of blog members to try and create maximum disruption.
    A pathetic attempt to cause disharmony by someone who is somewhere between a cockroach and that white stuff that accumulates and becomes encrusted at the corners of the mouth when really thirsty.

• hibbit

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:54 PM

bobby don’t bite, he’s just try to wind you up .and he thinks your an easy target

• Mister Tuff

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:54 PM

c-dog do you have a plan in case he turns up as Jane – wearing his peek-a- boo bra and his split crotch panties.

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:57 PM

Bobby

Just scroll passed his comments. Thats what I do….it’s easy.

Bobby where abouts did you used to sit?

Im Leazes end born and bred.

• toon22