web analytics

Players And Club Tweet After First Day Back

The players have completed their first day back at Newcastle in preparation for the season ahead. The club kept up with the activities of the day on Twitter sending out pictures and videos of the players.

They can be very good at communicating when it deals with things like training but it only highlights how sorely the club is lacking in other areas of communication.

However, in this case the communication with the fans was excellent as they sent out the following tweets:

One gripe we would have is that the club seems to be intent on acting as if everything is normal when it definitely is not. Some communication about the proposed takeover, the manager search, or even the future plans of the club would really help to calm the fears of many supporters.

In regards to the tweets on the activities of the day, we have no complaints. Though something really needs to be said about the state of the club off the pitch at the moment.

A handful of players also got involved and sent out tweets recognizing their first day back at training. One of the ones we were very happy to see back was Florian Lejeune who sent out a tweet simply saying “First day of pre-season training!”

However, he was carrying a bag over his head and with the current state of affairs at the club we were slightly worried that he may have packed up and left. Then we realized it was a weight bag and it was being used for fitness. In all seriousness, it is great to see Florian make such strides in his recovery from his second devastating knee injury in less than a year.

Here are the tweets went out by Florian, Federico Fernandez, and Paul Dummett:

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:18 AM

Right chaps this is my stop.

Will leave you with one lady anti Parasite tune.

Ash the conman!

Has he f&@ked it?

Ash the conman

Yes he has!

With Tea boy and Bishop, Dennis too

He has created a pile of poo!

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:24 AM

Lady=last.

• Shadow_Shearer

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:25 AM

Imagine what it would have felt like first day back without Benitez.

• Tino 11

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:26 AM

The club is a farce.

regards,

ed speed

• naptoon

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:26 AM

Think mines better droppy. Less imaginative but to the point and catchy.

• RobLeenio

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:30 AM

Just a bit of fitness testing, nothing out on the pitch?

Is that because they’re so short of coaches there’s actually nobody to take them through their paces, or maybe because they were stuck in a meeting for a good chunk of the day?

Seems a bit off otherwise. Pretty sure Rafa had them out running them into the ground from day one in previous seasons.

• RobLeenio

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:32 AM

If I was a player coming back, I’d have a load of questions I wanted answering. Chief among them being who was going to be managing and coaching the team and who’s coordinating transfer activity to strengthen the team or at least replace the outgoing players.

• naptoon

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:32 AM

Think it’s normal procedure run fitness test then produce personalised fitness regime based on the evaluated data.

• naptoon

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:35 AM

Rob
    That wouldnt go down well with the fat man upstairs look at the last player revolt with Nolan, Barton et al. Bounced straight out only player he seems to listen to is Lascelles, from previous reports and I’m sure he will be asking those questions to sort out his own future not for us fans.

• RobLeenio

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:39 AM

People keep on mentioning Ben Dawson as being a coach of the U23s. He’s not that any longer, he’s now Director of the Academy. As such, he’s actually the most senior member of the football staff (as opposed to admin / operations) remaining at the club.

He’s the natural stand-in mouthpiece from the club to the players and it’s no surprise he was left behind to step into that role. I hope he had a brief to pass on at least enough info to the players to reassure them today.

At least the Academy coaching staff seem well set and their trip away for the start of pre-season seems to have been unaffected. Them being away means they’re insulated from the uncertainty at the club and can concentrate on their football.

• RobLeenio

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:42 AM

naptoon, I’m not talking player revolt, I’m talking about a few questions they’ll have which need answers. I hope they’ve been sat down collectively and spoken with.

I just wish someone would open a line of communication with us!

• naptoon

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:52 AM

Even in my job I get monthly briefs on state of company, profits, kpis, contracts and competition, monthly so you would think so but everything experience tells us about fatty I doubt it.

• naptoon

Jul 5, 2019 at 12:54 AM

Think nowadays players just leave it to agents to sort out.

• lesh

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:06 AM

Ashley’s had a hard week.

He’s effectively sacked Rafa, the glue that held the playing side of the club together;

His SD MD (ditto the glue etc) has walked;

SD’s Company Secretary’s had enough – decided to go back to Australia. It’s a long way to go to get away from Ashley.

Ashley’s lost it, he’s taken leave of his senses, he’s power mad and it’s coming home to roost. His empire’s imploding (my auto correct made that ‘I’m looking’). Artificial intelligence seems to have him sussed out.

Ffs, sell up a get out!

• Tongue in Sheikh

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:23 AM

Seems a bit too chummy on here. Who wants to offend me so I may go off on them and get back off topic. Anyone?

• one fine day

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:37 AM

droppy
    some cracking dittys 🙂

• NY Mag

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:39 AM

Tongue in sheikh,

Hiya KBA 🙂

• lesh

Jul 5, 2019 at 1:41 AM

Tongue in Sheikh

To answer your question, apart from the wums, nobody wants to offend anyone who’s heart and soul are NUFC.

Dunno about anyone else, but I’ve had enough of Ashley and because of him, Newcastle United. I give in, hands up, had enough and thoroughly pi$$Ed off with him.

Those of you who are prepared to give the club your support are to be admired – your hearts are bigger than mine..

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 5, 2019 at 2:06 AM

Yeah, you can walk away, which would be fair enough, because life’s too short, or you can protest. Go, if you must, that’s ok too, but sing out for the lads once you’re there and sing out against against the owner too, and do both with equal gusto. Don’t just file in and take what’s given, leaving the ground each time with a nagging dissatisfaction you can’t quite confront or square away, or a short term burst of happiness that doesn’t last, that simply won’t do at all. And if a proper boycott can be organized, show some solidarity and support it. Rafa’s gone and with him all hope for a proper football club. That’s it, until Ashley sells up.

• Tongue in Sheikh

Jul 5, 2019 at 2:26 AM

Lesh

I know what you mean. Although I am somewhat insulated from the brunt of the pain due to the fact that few people give a toss about Newcastle where I’m from, it still wounds me deeply to see this team, and by extension, the Geordie people, debased and denegrated in connection with this team under Ashley. We have been a continued laughing stock, though mercifully (barely) this has begun to turn to pity…

I’m tired of having my obsession with this club let me down, or at a minimum, wear my expectations down to scraping survival with the hopes next year will be different. Watching other clubs spend and improve while we stand still. Just as a win can make my weekend, and put me in s buoyant mood, the far more frequent losses ruin them. I cant help but be invested in this club. I just want the torture to stop.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 5, 2019 at 2:27 AM

I suppose I will continue to support the Toon despite it being at it’s nadir.

Managers have come on gone but the club lives on.

I am now hoping for a manager that can gain the trust of the players and get them to continue to fight for the club as Rafa did.

Like it or not Ashlie is still here.

On that bitter note I am off to bed g’d night all.

• RonVanDam

Jul 5, 2019 at 2:35 AM

If the takeover doesn’t happen in this window than forget about it happening in the next 2years. Last 2 heavily published takeovers wanted our PL status secured before moving forward – well nothing happened. All this is becoming a farce to spin the fans around for a false hope. At this stage, it’s best for all fans to come together and drive MA out of the club. I can’t believe Freddy Shepherd sold our club to an idiot 12 years ago and the fans have been paying the price for that humiliation ever since

• terencelim

Jul 5, 2019 at 2:53 AM

Supporting the club is hard. Going to the match is easy and selfish.

• dejiuor

Jul 5, 2019 at 2:56 AM

No news is not good news. More pertinent tweets please.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 2:59 AM

The frog talked some football tonight. I hope I shamed him into it.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 3:02 AM

Are we going to hear “no comment” from those taking training? I am pretty sure they will say they will not speak about the organization, only about the team. training, fitness etc.

How about an interview with Steve Nixon?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 3:06 AM

Judging by the last time, Lejeune won’t be fit until about mid-October for those drawing up possible teams.

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Jul 5, 2019 at 3:07 AM

Steve Nixon, Head of Fcuk all!!!!
    Steve Nixon, Head up Ashley Ass, sorry Mike can’t find any money in here, what you laughing at Charnley, I found your spectacles.

• dejiuor

Jul 5, 2019 at 3:18 AM

This is anodyne stuff. Okay, of course I am interested to know this is the first day of training, but there is a huge lacuna.

• DubaiMicky

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:06 AM

So if Longstaff is still training with the under 23s as the chronic suggest, can I suggest he’s away too.

• DubaiMicky

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:07 AM

Sorry, Sorrenson, not Longstaff, my mistake.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:23 AM

Any news now Dubai Micky?

You were a rock star a month ago with the takeover ITK.

Now what?

• fog on the tyne

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:25 AM

Micky

I know its still early over there, and the weekend, but any rumblings this morning? Any truth in the tale that the death of the prince would hold up any statement/announcement?

Geordie dentist seemed pretty adamant about the statement coming this week.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:26 AM

definitely done. I heard it from the Sheikh’s pal. No really. I know.

On the radio.

A dentist told me so it must be true!

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:27 AM

This ITK shyte is beyond belief.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:32 AM

AND DUBAI MICHY: you have to explain yourself now???

Nothing you have said has ever come to pass.

Explain.

EXPLAIN!!!

• AshLIE is a Joker

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:35 AM

I’m pretty sure you didn’t like the way you were spoken to recently Tony. So maybe think about how you are talking to Dubai?

Some people might think you create a rod for your own back

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:36 AM

Yeah, I know all of these high ups here in Dubai. Believe me. I am an ITK here in Dubai.

I even know some radio hosts and a dentist.

DENTISTS FFS!!!!

• fog on the tyne

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:37 AM

What u being a knob for Tony? If you dont like it just skip past.

• Tony Baloney