web analytics

Report – Championship Club After Newcastle United Goalkeeper

Sky Sports is reporting that Blackburn are interested in bringing in Karl Darlow this summer.

The report says that Blackburn see Darlow as the replacement for David Raya, who is reportedly close to a move to Brentford.

Karl has just one year remaining on his contract at Newcastle. While he has stated in the past that he is very happy on Tyneside, he just has not played much since Martin Dubravka joined in January 2018.

In fact, he made just one appearance last season in the League Cup as Freddie Woodman was preferred to start in the FA Cup.

We are not sure if Newcastle would offer Karl a new contract or if he would even accept one. But now is the time to make that determination as Newcastle will not want to let him run out his contract.

Karl Darlow– drawing the interest of Blackburn Rovers

Darlow is a pretty reliable back up although he does not really match the skillset of Martin Dubravka very well.

Newcastle would likely be able to recoup the £4m they paid Nottingham Forest for him in 2014 when he was bought along with Jamaal Lascelles.

Darlow has made just 59 appearances since his loan spell ended at Nottingham Forest in 2015. He is just 28-year-old which is young for a keeper nowadays, so he it be best for him to go to a club where can player regularly.

• kay

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:46 PM

would mike ashley suffer an empty ground? he has the sky money and free advertising

• naptoon

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:46 PM

Toon 22
    Still in luton airport.

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:46 PM

Tony

Yeh Rafa left as he was greedy

It’s never MAs fault

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:47 PM

Kay

We can remember the last televised protest and the lengths he went to in stopping it

• willowdalerez

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:48 PM

Genjikai

So I take it you don’t follow the U23s then and are going off gut feeling / sarcasm. I’m posing a serious question to the blog. Our U23s did well last year are these 3 promoted fellas good enough to cover us in the Prem so we stay up.

Ashley will go when he will go but we are better off staying afloat in the prem then doing a Sunlun!!!

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:50 PM

Staying afloat and in the prem means he won’t ever leave
    He’s using us to profit from football

• kay

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:52 PM

toon 22, i remember, and everybody has the right to boycott or not, i just choose not to, i think it will have a negative impact on the club, i am not saying i am right, its just what i think

• Bobbybee

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:52 PM

Started writing this, then got a phone call so missed the buses.
    If you don’t get it, you’re just being a dick so don’t even bother. Gotta go anyway, so read it, digest it, if you don’t like it I’m past caring. But I’ll be gone so save your energy.

Tony, fair enough, but let me give you a history lesson.
    60s, huge crowds. But we were decent then. Early 70s, ditto. I don’t count the 60s, because my grandad, who lived in Morpeth paid. He died in 69. You only truly become a fan when it comes out of your pocket. Before that is, just training. @In 71, I had two paper rounds and spent it all travelling from Richmond to watch the lads. First game Spurs, we won 3-1.
    73, joined the army apprentices, near Aldershot. Rare weekends off, I’d travel up, home or away.
    76 left, came back to Richmond. Home and away, rarely missed unless it was for good reason.
    84, moved to Byker. Home and away still. 86, moved to Nottingham, then Keighley then Chesterfield in 91. Home and away, distance no object.
    By 2011, health issues were making the 320 mile round trip really hard. So I had a choice. Stop going, or move. Thankfully, our lass understands so agreed to move. Left friends and her family to move to a village where we knew nobody, so I could carry on going to games.
    So, when people are telling me if I carry on going to games, I’m not a real fan, I kinda get annoyed. Hence, as you call it, my zillion word rants.
    In the 80s, they weren’t real boycotts. Crowds dipped to 9,10,11,12k, but when we signed Keegan BOOM. Ditto when Keegan came back as manager.
    I don’t blame people for not wanting to watch shit, but I stuck it out. I’m a dyed in wool, 100% committed epitome of what a real fan is. I never stopped, no matter how bad it got. Not a real fan? Stfu.
    So when this shit with Ashley happened, I had my defences up. I moved when Ashley was charge remember. I didn’t care. NUFC came first. And why should I quit, when 50k others weren’t quitting?
    But then this with Rafa happened. But, bear in mind, I was still in the mindset of defending myself against fans who never go, telling me I’m not a real fan. Is that too hard to understand? I get angry over it – as you know.
    But last night I did some real soul-searching. I took a step back from being defensive. Looked at the bigger picture. It’s not about us being shit, it’s a boycott to rid us of a parasite. Tens of thousands are quitting – or so they say they are. Not because we’re shit though. We’ll see.
    Just missing one game after all this time and effort and struggle is horrible.
    So of course I got angry people telling me I’m not a real fan – and they shouldn’t say it to others, either.
    So now we see. If Hibbett and 25k others can quit, I need to support them. But if all this is just talk and people carry on going, I’ll go back. If 40-50k keep going, why should I quit? Im breaking up decades of support for what?
    That’s why I kept getting annoyed. Why I was so stubborn. You don’t get anywhere insulting people. It just gets their back up, as it did mine.
    And if you still don’t get it, jog on

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:52 PM

Tony

No you are cherry picking whatever info suits your churlish agenda.

If you were listening you’d be too busy to post as you’d be reading through the mountain of posts. Seriously go do as I asked go back and read, pick up the mood of the blog towards you and it’s shift.

You were certainly on the rough end of things and quite unfairly the other day, but now you are spoiling for a fight with everyone.

For what it’s worth I joined NUST and will go to their next meeting, I will make my voice heard and make my own mind up from there. I will also meet other people like myself who will do more than just talk about how to remove the odious one. At best I affect change at worst I’m £10 down.

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:53 PM

Without a manager I doubt any youth player has a chance in our team
    The ability of our next manager to get them performing in the prem is doubtful at best

We’re down to z listers

• woodey

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:53 PM

Ok, I have a class idea to ensure we have an empty ground for our televised games.

Tony/Eric/Richard Keys
    We would like to invite you to give a talk over the clubs announcement system before each half.

If that doesn’t piss the rest of the supporters off nothing will.

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:53 PM

No problem Kay
    Enjoy the match

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:53 PM

I am also listening to:

Dubai Micky says he is in the know and never, ever backs it up with any follow up.

“Listening” to Dubai Micky’s “radio silence” when it turns out his contacts were b@llocks.

Alreet Dubai Micky, what dentist knows what shyte now?

• willowdalerez

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:54 PM

Toon22

Maybe, maybe not, but anyone who buys when we are down won’t be the types with money to buy and compete in the Prem because those types are almost certainly going to buy a team already nested in the Prem. To many risks buying down as there’s no guarantee you’ll come up.

• naptoon

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:56 PM

If everyone did something … boycott, not buy official merch., contact m.ps whatever we would get out of this mess. We all need to do summick whatever it is. Just make the fat man feel like hes sitting on a cactus owning our club.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:56 PM

Bobbybee: I don’t need a history lesson.

I need to see what you have done in the present.

Which is flip after writing 500,000 words say you would never flip.

• Bants

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:56 PM

I bet there’s a Sikh guy in Derby complaining about the numpty he was stuck with in the hospital for 2 hours!

• Tongue in Sheikh

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:56 PM

Damn there was a good run there with nobody aknowledging Tony Baloonknot. Lets try again lads, and dont break rank!

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:56 PM

Yeh I agree

But the simple fact is MS won’t sell unless he is forced to
    A few years in the championship without the crowd behind them with focus the mind of Jabba

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:57 PM

Tony

500,000

• bill

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:59 PM

Toon22,
    I think that you need to get on the “Kay” case. Or have you sussed this one already.

Not boycotting, therefore supporting Ashley.

• kay

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:59 PM

i will, ive watched some awfull teams and some great teams but they have all had my support, infact the worse it is the more they need our support, thats a proper fan

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:59 PM

Bobbybee: you are saying the fckn opposite to what you said 2 days ago and then asking me to jog on. You said you would never give up the match days. That apart from your lass, it was your life and nobody could tell you otherwise. That yo moved back to go to the match, That this is all you have left.

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:00 PM

Kay’s obviously Jane

• Bants

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:00 PM

#97 – I’ve found him on twitta saying this geordie blokes patter was shite.

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:01 PM

Notice the PR

It’s exactly what you would expect from a company being sold tomorrow

Very poor 2/10

• Jib

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:01 PM

I just never figured Tony Baloney for such a tool
    This blog never ceases to surprise

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:02 PM

Hiya KBA

• OneAlanShearer

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:03 PM

An empty ground is nog what sky want to see. Ashley couldnt care less I’d imagine. Sky can put pressure on Ashley

• Genjikai

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:03 PM

Runaway
    If thats what is needed for this all to succeed then so be it.

• OneAlanShearer

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:04 PM

*not

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:04 PM

MA went to extraordinary lengths over the last televised protest

Let’s never try that again

• oldarse

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:05 PM

toon22 Your starting to grind my nuts again mate I asked you nicely have a day otherwise eventually you will go loopy believe me mate you been at it all day summit got to give you’ll

• oldarse

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:06 PM

end up institutionalised

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:06 PM

Tongue in Sheikh

You have my humblest apologies.

People telling him to stop wasn’t working so I tried reason, and not for the first time, then I tried humour.

All to no avail, apparently it’s just a toilet with a broken flush, will close the door and put up the out of order sign.

• northernirishtoon

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:06 PM

Alex hurst is chair of the nust not steve wraith

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:07 PM

Oldarse

I’m here to point out PR and the pro MA rubbish

• northernirishtoon

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:07 PM

I can also understand why at the minute the NUST are not advocating a boycott. It would finish them

• Mund

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:08 PM

What’s with the keyboard warriors on here today

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:08 PM

Jib: you have to explain what I have said that is tool-ish. In Spanish please, or Klingon.

There is no doubt that Bobbybee totally changed his mind and flipped, that Dubai Micky went radio silent after being the biggest ITK on here and that the rest of them elected Steve Wraith who is against a boycott.