web analytics

Report – Exciting Manager Being Considered For Newcastle Position

The Telegraph are reporting that Newcastle are considering Quique Sanchez Flores for the vacant managerial position.

The ex-Watford manager has just resigned at Chinese Super League side Shanghai Greenland Shenhua on Wednesday. Wouldn’t that be a story if a Spanish manager left the Chinese Super League to replace a Spanish manager who just joined the Chinese League.

Also in other Chinese Super League news, it seems that Jose Mourinho has rejected a massive contract offer to coach Guangzhou Evergrande.

Sanchez Flores is fifty-four-years-old and has been the manager of ten teams since getting his first gig with Getafe in 2004. The former Valencia right-back most recently coached at Espanyol for two seasons prior to his move to China where he has only lasted for half a season.

Quique Sanchez Flores– the most interesting coach in the world

Most Newcastle fans will know him from either his playing days in La Liga with Valencia and Real Madrid or as the coach of Watford when he replaced Serbian Slavisa Jokanovic for the just promoted club in 2015.

Despite finishing comfortably in 13th and reaching the FA Cup semi-finals, Sanchez Flores was sacked in what we at the time thought was an outrageous decision.

We really like Sanchez Flores and thought he did quite well at Watford. While he has tended not to last long in most of his appointments, he has coached some big teams like Atletico Madrid, Benfica, and Valencia.

He has a career points per match average of 1.5 and a winning percentage of 42. He plays very nice football and we think under the circumstances he would be an excellent appointment.

With news in the Chronicle that Lee Charnley has returned from meeting contacts and agents in Europe, we hope that Sanchez Flores was on that list.

This is what the Chronicle has written about Charnley’s European trip:

Newcastle United managing director Lee Charnley has returned to the UK after spending time in Europe this week.

With the Magpies searching for a new manager and summer signings, it is understood Charnley has held meetings with a host of agents and contacts.

We hope he has not come back without significant progress as time is ticking and a new manager needs to be appointed very quickly.

• Toon222

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:30 PM

Tonytoon73

Wot makes u so sure? U must have inside knowledge do u?

Fans must unite and BOYCOTT ARSENAL

• toonedout

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:30 PM

So, based upon recent history – if the new manager is a useless, clueless, self serving yes man and we hate him, Ashley will rate him. If the new manager has a plan, shows ambition and gets the players playing for each other and the fans and we love him he is on borrowed time until Ashley forces him out – Until the FCB is gone we are a shell of a club

• Pit yacker

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:30 PM

do we really believe that if someone does not think that a boycott will drive MA away then they are PR for MA?
    Just because I personally don’t think it will have a substantive impact I wouldn’t argue against people doing it – more power to them – freedom of choice

Also do we really think that MA pays people to post on this blog? Why and to what end? To stop a couple of hundred blokes / women having a crack about NUFC – seems unlikely

• Genjikai

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:30 PM

Jib perez left due to ashleys lack of ambition.
    I dont blame anyone who wants to work hard and improve themselves.
    Good luck to him.
    30 mill is good money for him.
    Will.it benefit the toon?
    Im not so sure.

• toon kk

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:31 PM

Toon 222
    that’s my point, I want more than a game of football to watch, yes we all want a successful team. But people wouldn’t keep going to a boozer if the beer was pi55 poor.
    Rafa gave us hope but he’s gone. So we don’t want to return to the prior years.
    All the bad publicity and the running of the club is enough to get most fans down.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:31 PM

Sources for your info Jib? Also a few grand a week tends to add up over years where I’m from.

• RobLeenio

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:31 PM

I’ve been thinking about the idea of sticking a big screen complex in the Leazes Park for the Arsenal match. I love the idea, but the logistics are immense.

Requirements:

Police cover
    First Aid cover
    Drink and food outlets
    Toilets
    Waste bins and collection
    Road closures
    Accessibility considerations for the less physically capable
    Security to check those entering the area for weapons
    Ticketing to prevent overcrowding of the space
    AV company to set it up
    Council Health and Safety / risk assessment, issuing of licenses
    Sky Sports complicity

While none of these things are insurmountable, it’s going to take a while to sort it all out. Is there enough time, given we don’t even have permission off the Council yet?

I think the idea of getting the City Centre pubs to throw their doors open and welcome the fans in is better, but not so good for families, unless some venues are dedicated to families and others are not.

It’s a tricky one, not trying to be negative, just realistic.

• Mindshaft

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:31 PM

I thought the 100 million was over 2 seasons i.e 25 million per window + player sales

• kay

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:32 PM

perez left for a club that wanted to win something, wages dont come into it, lets be honest

• Jib

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:34 PM

Genjikai
    Ayoze started talking to the Spanish media about leaving the Toon
    in December – If Rafa had stayed he would have talked him round
    I’m sure .

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:34 PM

My kinda toon, Chicago is.

The Wrigley building, Chicago is.

I worked in there for 17years.

Not Dinnington (Dinton as people who live near there call it)

• Genjikai

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:35 PM

I agree jib with that.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:35 PM

Jib: you turned on me.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:35 PM

I think at least in part Perez saw the writing on the wall when Rafa left. He knows the club will slide again now until Ashley is gone. He’ll be partnered with somebody cheap (Hoser Loo?) and working with substandard coaches. He wants to get the most out of his career and is just entering his prime. Leicester is a good choice thanks to the buffoon who owns us and drives away quality players.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:35 PM

Well this is suddenly much more pleasant.

Obviously not the poor guy who died.

As a further point to having given up attending games 5 years ago I am now looking into getting a Kodi box although my Sky services are through Virgin so technically I’m helping Southampton most of all.

Boycott Arsenal

Ashley out

• #BleachTheLeech

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:36 PM

I’ve only got to read 3 threads off this blog today when usually I manage catch up every single day.The inane bullsh1t being posted is clogging it up ffs!

Divide and conquer in its purest form!

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:37 PM

In other words 0 per window and player sales money at most if we’re lucky Mindshaft. We have no net positive spend over the last few seasons again now with the Perez sale.

• lochinvar

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:38 PM

How about some locations find a way to project the match onto outside walls conveniently white washed if need be.
    Fans will congregate and the police are unlikely to intervene knowing that wouldn’t be very constructive as it would only be for about 2 hours. Difficult to proove who was responsible for the projections so as to avoid any civil issues over licences.

Or the Council could set it all up with venues across the city but they won’t because they have their vested interests.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:38 PM

Pit yacker,

Dead right.

Only an imbecile would think that a billionaire would pay shills to come on this blog and post PR.

• dutchmagpie

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:39 PM

It’s been along time since I posted on this blog but, enough is enough my thoughts are simple mike Ashley is a puppet master and we are the puppets , we can’t stand together as a team , a town or a city . What ever against one man He knows this ,and plays on this . He speaks one language dollars and cents ,once that starts bells ringing ,eyes will open ,,, how do we know if a boycott won’t work until we try it,

• Tatforsale Mikey

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:39 PM

Well the Mrs has had enough of me and the toon she’s booked a holiday to crete going on 9th August. She reckons she can’t cope with the first game carry on…. I prey to god there’s no mackems sitting round the pool winding me up

• lochinvar

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:40 PM

Tony Baloney@53
    Jib: you turned on me.

Just as well you typed that right or did you mean it the other way
    Jib: you turned me on

Love always finds a way

• Toon222

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:40 PM

Mindshaft

More like over 20 years ffs, his net spend per season since he bought the club is sumthin like 2.5m per season

Yet we hav twats like rio, keys, gray and wise saying hes spent hundreds of millions on new players

And i think we can add nolan 2 that list of twats now too

BOYCOTT ARSENAL

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:41 PM

Robleenio

Re the Longstaff brothers

Just going off what I’ve been told.

Not stating it as fact.

OLG reckoned Chi was quite positive on the big screen despite the logistical implications so it will be hard but not necessarily impossible.

• Jib

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:41 PM

I think you place too much emphasis on players
    altruistic motives.
    Rafa left – a section of the fanbase were on his case
    he could stay on PL wages and was probably guaranteed
    game time for exposure to the Spanish national coach.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:41 PM

Spot on dutchmagpie. Anybody who gives up without trying never wanted to do anything useful in the first place. What good is somebody’s opinion that it won’t work? There are many who want to try something different which may have an impact in helping to push Ashley out.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:41 PM

What would it matter if I live in Dinton Village or Chicago?

• Our Toon

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:42 PM

Toon KK

I agree, just boycott till he goes, not sure what irishrob was replying to though haha

• GeordieTwo

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:44 PM

It has nothing to do with altruistic motives. Perez wants the best career possible. That doesn’t include working for yet another Ashley flunky. The only decent manager he saw at NUFC was Rafa. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he left now. He has a measured worth in the Prem now as well, 30M. Not bad. And playing for an ambitious club and owner.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:44 PM

Genji

Any clues on next meetings for any of the groups mate?

• RobLeenio

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:44 PM

Jib, I think Micky said the Dubai Royals wouldn’t be bothered by something that was going on with the Sharjah Royals.

That said, we’re not talking about the upper echelons of the Dubai Royal Family, it’s a minor branch who have business interests across the region. It’s possible that they couldn’t afford to risk insulting a family they may rely on to do business, I guess.

• Jib

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:44 PM

Geordie 2
    Take my word for it
    I read he was on £2.3m pa with us
    and is on 2.5m pa with LC and has a 4 year contract

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:45 PM

And Abe Simpson is reporting me. OK.

• Toon222

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:45 PM

Dutchmagpie

Spot on

We wont know if somethin will work unless we try it

BOYCOTT ARSENAL

• Jib

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:46 PM

Of course he also gets a percentage of the fee

• Tony Baloney

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:47 PM

Jib: you have nothing to say about the Bobbybee hypocricy?

• RobLeenio

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:48 PM

lochinvar, I like the guerilla version – I think you’re right about the coppers who would actually be short of manpower on match day anyway. I doubt they could react.

• RobLeenio

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:49 PM

droppy, I wasn’t trying to contradict you, just adding a bit more flavour to what you said. I think Matty could be the better player in the long run and I’ve said so before.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:49 PM

Imagine if all the scientists and inventors throughout history had thought well it might not work so I won’t bother.

• stan anderson

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:49 PM

So pleased to read that BobbyBee is making a stand against the slug.
    Even 1 match missed must hurt so much.
    I went through similar emotions as Bobby and others on here and survived.
    It,s so hard when it,s in the blood!
    Got to try something to change the total mess we are in.
    AshLie OOT