web analytics

Young Venezuelan Striker To Remain In Argentina As Rondon Is Linked With Rafa In China

We have been linked with Jan Hurtado throughout this summer. The young Venezuelan was said to the perfect protege for Salomon Rondon to work with under Rafa Benitez. What a difference a month makes as those dreams are dead and buried.

There is news in the Daily Mail that Rafa Benitez is trying to lure Rondon with him to Chinese club Dalian Yifang. There are no quotes or hints of approaches being made in the article. It just states that Rafa is trying to get Rondon to Dalian Yifang. We’re not sure about this one but we’re sure Rondon would get a healthy pay rise if he were to make the move.

Jan Hurtado has had quite the summer of intrigue. There were first the reports that Rafa Benitez wanted him signed up in May. Then came the links to Serie A with Gimnasia’s President having travelled to Italy to try and sell the player.

There was a bid by Sampdoria that did not meet the €9m asking price of Gimnasia and was turned down. Sampdoria never followed up with a second bid as Gimnasia held firm on their valuation of the young striker.

The next act in the Jan Hurtado saga dealt with him not reporting to training and pushing for a move to Boca Juniors. This would mean that he would stay in Argentina but also brought out the new information that Gimnasia only held 50% of the player’s rights with a company holding the other half.

Today there is a report in Football Italia that claims Boca Juniors have had a bid of €5.5m accepted by Gimnasia and that he is on his way for a medical.

This is another striker that Newcastle will have missed out on. Though admittedly this one would have been one for the future as he is only 19 years of age.

• IrishRob

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:52 PM

First!!

• Swlabr

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:52 PM

Hibbitt….cue Toon22 ……..”It’s never Charnley’s fault”

• Toon222

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:54 PM

BOYCOTT ARSENAL

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:54 PM

Lilongwe Geordie

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:50 PM

It is a bit odd that Charnley does get such an easy ride from the fans. His name might be muck to most of us, but he is hardly singled out for significant abuse or focus unlike other previous employees. Possibly because he is viewed as a puppet/figurehead?

I wonder how he would respond/take it if the focus of fans ire was directed at him in chants on match days in Ashley’s absence.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:56 PM

Hibbit

I often draw a smug little face and glasses on my boiled eggs just so I can cave his head in.

I would do something like that for our poor misunderstood owner but I’ve never felt the need to scrape septic tanks for my dinner.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:56 PM

I don’t think Hurtado was ever a serious target. Lazy journalists linking it due to Rondon and the nationality connection. Probably the better move for him as a player to stay there as well for now.

• optimistic prime

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:58 PM

Atleast its sunday tomorrow and we’ll have another 101 rumours to consider.

I wonder what the big headline will be.

• bettyswallocks

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:00 PM

LESH………….Just been catching up on today’s blogging. I have to say that all of your posts today regarding The Club, Ashley, Our Predicament etc.etc. I agree with wholeheartedly .

Moral of this post being that if you don’t mention politics we probably agree on quite a lot.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:01 PM

OP,
    BZG takeover NUFC and announce plans to merge the club with Man City, the team owned by his second cousin, as clubs announce plans to relocate to Harrogate, half way in between.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:01 PM

I was more surprised to hear that Churnley had a wife rather than said wife getting drunk.

• yorkymag

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:02 PM

No chance
    I will be there and hope 52000 are too
    This talk of boycotting is simply ridiculous
    I guess you are another poster who never goes to games
    The only way forward is to fill the stadium and support our team
    Regardless of all the nonsense around manager takeover owner

• #boycott Arsenal

Of course you can mate.

• Toon222

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:12 PM

Very good yorkymag

Hiya JIB, Jane, Kay or wotever profile ur in now

Shite PR

I suppose fat mikes doin a great job too

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:13 PM

Droppy, Boiled egg, brilliant. still laughing!

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:14 PM

Its what I do.

Obviously the wife wants me sectioned but we all need a vent for frustration.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:15 PM

Ha ha, that was quick Jail.
    Jail for Ashley
    ?@AshleyJail
    6m6 minutes ago
    I often draw a smug little face and glasses on my boiled eggs so it feels like I’m caving Charnleys head in.
    @TheMagpieGroup_

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:15 PM

Jail,
    I’d imagine you’d have to get very drunk to become and be Charnley’s wife.

• Toon Cat

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:16 PM

There has been confusion all summer about what is going on at the club and they have increased that confusion rather than clarifying.

As recentky as today there are totally contradictory stories from journos saying the takeover is still looking imminent while others saying the process has hardly started. Clearly someone is lying or making things up.

I get that these football hacks have no expertise in takeovers but they’re paid to talk to those who do. What has been lacking all along is a clear description of what stages a takeover needs to go through, what they involve and best estimates of how long they take. And then an indication of precisely what stage of that process a Newcsstle takeover is at.

Okay, I’m not saying its easy but if none of the journos can do that, or even look as if theyre seriousky trying, what on earth is the point in them ?

• toon22

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:18 PM

Where is your seat 22

• yorkymag

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:20 PM

Just a simple point
    The 10 years plus protests have really made a difference
    I don’t want nufc to be relegated and protests only hurt the team
    MA doesn’t give a f…

• toon22

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:20 PM

Hiya KBA

Poor show again

Your proof he ain’t selling lol

• yorkymag

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:21 PM

Tell me Again 22 where do you sit at the match
    Thought so in front of the telly

• toon22

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:25 PM

Hiya proof

Who do you think he will pretend to sell us to next time?

• geordietom

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:25 PM

yorkymag …

but who’s telly is it ?…

• toon kk

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:25 PM

Yorky
    While it’s your right as much as anyone else’s if you want to watch MA budget football.

Are you happy with our squad?
    Would you like to see a ambitious owner?
    Or is it just the day out?

• stan anderson

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:25 PM

How can people make up lies about takeover when fans are desperate for change of ownership. It is cruelty of the highest order.
    Toon fans love the club probably more than they should as it makes us easy targets for Wums.
    Also the slug realises he can use our passion against us and he does so on many occasions.
    We take it and keep coming back for more.
    This time I feel he has gone to far and hope he gets a nasty shock when fans desert on mass.
    We will be back though,when he is no more.
    It’s our club not his and hopefully we can oust him.
    AshLie Oot

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:25 PM

Well I think it’s time for a break.

Apparently we arrived at the town of Pointless in the great State Whocares.

• toon22

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:26 PM

As we’re all that stupid we’re falling for the 8 th sale lie in a row

Proper thick us toon fans

• toon22

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:27 PM

Hiya proof

LoL

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:27 PM

Toon Cat,
    The issue with setting out the process and stages is that none of it is set in stone. There are stages that all will have to go through, but like when Ashley bought us, he skipped due diligence (allegedly) which cut the process down. The fit and proper person can run smoothly and be done quickly, it it could take a long time gathering and assessing additional information. Timelines on negotiations on the detail of the sale are essentially a piece of string, could be anything.

The journalists are making it up as they go along, they get added clicks from posting controversial articles ‘Sources say no no or proof of funds’ is going to get way more hits than ‘Bid that we heard about a month ago did happen and proof of funds were sent ages ago’.

Good journalism is clearly a dying art, and that is mainly due to the insatiable appetite of the public and the accessibility of it all.

Justin Allen, the Sun reporter who broke the news, allegedly had a source at the Premier league. How on earth did he then have an inside track on them 100% wanting Rafa to stay? His source would be no wiser than us on that.

The lack of leaks and real info coming out is likely to be down to one of 2 things;
    The sale being conducted in a very professional environment with all involved maintaining complete professionalism.
    Or
    There is no info cause there isn’t any sale.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:28 PM

Toon Cat, Not quite what you were looking for, but the geordie dentist gives some views of whats going on in this twitter thread:

• toon kk

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:32 PM

Stan
    MA Has played Gullible Newcastle fans since he bought the club.
    Fortunately some of us see through it.

• yorkymag

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:35 PM

Toon KK
    Of course it’s a day out
    Of course I would like a better team
    But you have to choose
    The point I am making badly I guess
    Is for the 52000 that go to games it is a choice
    For those that sit on armchairs or in pubs
    There is no choice to make
    That makes me an Ashley lover ,not at all
    But someone who just loves going to the game

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:36 PM

toon22@32, hahaha I have just literally scratched my computer screen to make sure it wasn’t a piece of dirt. I arnt sure, but I think that’s the first time I’ve seen you use an apostrophe! Are you sure you’re the real toon22?

• geordietom

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:38 PM

chancel … @ 38

thats because the early evening shift has took over …

• toon22

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:41 PM

Can’t stop my phone adding them

😉