web analytics

Former Newcastle Striker Agrees To New Deal

Aleksandar Mitrovic has just signed a new 5 year deal to remain with Fulham despite the London club dropping back to the Championship. It was widely speculated that Mitrovic would leave the London club due to the relegation and the potential financial issues resulting from it.

However, the Serbian hitman has shown immense loyalty to Fulham and is willing to fight it out in the second division once again.

This is the announcement by Fulham:

Aleksandar has apparently spurned all interest in his services this summer to remain at Fulham. There have even been reports of a big offer to move to the Chinese Super League.

Aleksandar Mitrovic– we are going back up

Mitrovic left Newcastle last summer in a big £22m move after spending the second half of the 2017/18 season on loan at Craven Cottage. He never really fit into Rafa Benitez’s counter attacking system and seemed to really thrive under Serbian coach Slavisa Jokanovic in their promotion campaign.

However, it went south from there for the Cottagers. The team spent over £100m in the summer transfer window but bad buys and horrendous defending resulted in a 19th place finish.

Mitrovic had a decent season for Fulham despite their struggles with 11 goals. Former Newcastle midfielder Scott Parker will be delighted to have Mitro remain on board as they try to battle their way back to the top flight.

Keeping the Aleksandar Mitrovic will have greatly enhanced their chances.

• Stardust

Jul 7, 2019 at 8:21 PM

#cans
    #BringBackBaloney

• fairscup

Jul 7, 2019 at 8:26 PM

The Chosen One also is not at a club

• Dubs Left Glove

Jul 7, 2019 at 8:30 PM

• Captain AmeriMag

Jul 7, 2019 at 8:34 PM

I’ll take that pinch of salt, rub it on me hand, give it a lick and down that tequila shot!! Suck of lime and we’re in takeover dream land!! Howay boys, it’s happening!!
    😀

• JohnJ

Jul 7, 2019 at 8:35 PM

I live in hope that it has been done – all will be revealed, or not, tomorrow 🙂

• Billy Whitehursts V sign

Jul 7, 2019 at 8:41 PM

I dont post here often, pop up for a while and disappear again but felt the need to re engage now.
    Not that any of this really matters now but let’s get this straight.
    To my knowledge Rafa made no public comment from the time of the meeting with Ashley et al until the day after his contract expired. Why? Because he was still under contract and a professional covered by employer / employee contracts etc.
    Everything else that was “reported” is almost certainly made up bollocks.
    I have no reason to disbelieve a word he has said since.
    Perhaps NUFC hoped he would change his mind? Seems like normal behaviour from arrogant halfwits.
    I can not see how Rafa is in anyway to blame here. He said what he wanted and the club seemingly didnt agree therefore they had to.part ways.
    Still very, very sad and in almost everyones opinion totally avoidable.
    This continued belief, in a proven, failed approach, adopted 12 years ago, in how to run a football club makes absolutely no sense. Why not try a new way, a Rafa way? Who knows? It cant be purely stubbornness surely? How many more relegations, good people disregarded, good players surrendered, supporters buckering and disenfranchised …………….
    Breaks my heart all this, really does and worse it all seems completely avoidable. There is another way, there has to be!
    It’s not sport if your not trying.

• toon22

• #BleachTheLeech

Jul 7, 2019 at 8:46 PM

Billy whitehurst

Well said.

• Bobbybee

Jul 7, 2019 at 8:50 PM

I’ll be delighted if my ‘prophesy’ of an announcement comes true tomorrow, but only so I don’t have to miss a game deliberately. I don’t drink but I might raise a glass the day Ashley departs. I suspect there’ll be street parties the day he goes.
    OLG, I take no credit mate, I’m just supporting others who have given up their ST. I bought mine in March because I was convinced Rafa was staying. So much for gut feelings. I just thought everything would be fine this season and was wrong. Mind you, that said, would you not agree that losing Ashley would be even better than Rafa staying? Rafa can always return, Ashley never would once he’s gone!!

• scott

Jul 7, 2019 at 8:50 PM

Surely these John terry as manager rumours can’t be true!
    I’m fairly certain we haven’t sunk that far…………….yet!

• Captain AmeriMag

Jul 7, 2019 at 8:52 PM

Repost:

See Mitrovic has signed a new contract for Fulham. His temperament, consistency and ability to follow orders were always in question but his passion and loyalty certainly never were. Hope he does great and gets them back up, Championship defenders will be gutted right about now! Mitro’s on Fire!!

• Online Guy

Jul 7, 2019 at 8:53 PM

Steve Wraith at NUST declaring that NUST was not a protest group and received some criticism on here from me and a few others for not getting behind a boycott ..2 days later and he issues a statement saying that he will be behind a boycott.

I imagine he reads here and we have had some influence?

Anyway that’s another 7 thousand people from NUST hopefully not going to the Arsenal match and possibly not attending any home games or renewing season ticket.

In the light of that I’m hooking up with NUST.

Now get round the table with the Magpie group as, as one we can drum Ashley out of town in the not to distant…

Well done Steve Wraith .

Bobbee bee has possibly been the catalyst for any one who posts here undecided about a boycott .

Arise Sir Bob !

• Online Guy

Jul 7, 2019 at 8:54 PM

Bills son is back ,

I see your back ..now are you the original Bills son that Jail hounds 24/7 ? Or are you Bills son’s son or grandson of Bills son or Bill son is backs Son ?

Read that slowly !

If your back Bills Son or Bills son’s son or grandson you help the blog in some way as If Jail is hounding you 24/7, as he does, then he’s leaving someone else alone .

He’s got to have someone to hound all day you see and if it’s not you it’s me or Jib or Munster.

Anymore ?

• Jib

Jul 7, 2019 at 8:54 PM

Captain AmeriMag
    Do you ever read the article at the top?

• Online Guy

Jul 7, 2019 at 8:56 PM

Good research Jib

If it was an ex prem league boss on Ashleys chopper ( ho) he would know the ground .

If there was a new manager on Ashleys chopper he would be new to the prem as Ash would not waste the fuel on somebody who already knew the terrain.

My Guess Ashley has been to the Jungle and poached Roger Milla the Manager of a top Pygmies team and we are getting their Centre foreward who is only 3 foot six ..He scored 300 goals last season in the Cameroon council toilet cleaners paint league , he likes the ball played in low.

Mind it’s said that pygmies are extremely hard to control according to Roger who kidnapped 150 pygmies in order to build a football team.

I have nothing against pygmies before anyone starts !

• Bobbybee

Jul 7, 2019 at 8:57 PM

Right, I’ve got many Gotham’s to catch up on. Later chaps.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:00 PM

A twitter user put it in to perspective that anyone thinking that selling our top goal scorer of the last two seasons for 30M was good business, Bournemouth have just sold Tyrone Mings (who I’m sure I read made ten starts in three seasons, please correct me if I’m wrong) for 26.5M inc add ons???

• naptoon

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:02 PM

Mitro was sold and wasnt replaced … I liked him …. but nothing a £2mill season long loan couldnt sort out left the tapeworm a nice £20 mill profit. Cnut.

• toon22

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:04 PM

Jabba hasn’t a clue

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:05 PM

OLG,
    You’re a fruitcake and I’ve never hounded you, I just didn’t like your threatening to get people banned, your scycophantic “I’ve got news but I’m not sure whether I should share it or not because of the haters” and your general hypocrisy, is that ok with you?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:05 PM

Lots of reposts as the bus is gathering speed again, I think my skit is worth a repost so here it is.

MA

Welcome Mr Zog, I’ve heard good things about your management style, you don’t take any nonsense from players I understand.

Zog

No I eat them if they argue with me or don’t stick to my tactics.

4iiiis

Ooer, that sounds a bit harsh, we could run out of players!

Zog

Whats this thing, my dinner?

MA

Sorry but that’s my dogsbod… er managing director, not a snack but have a patsy, I mean pasty.

Zog

I’ve heard a lot of good things about you as well Mr Ashlie, that you are mean, two faced, although I can only see one at the moment, greedy, duplicitous, a liar, can’t be trusted, all things I like in a humanoid boss. I hope they are all true and if they are I’m sure we can work well together.

4iiiis

Ooer, that’s a bit harsh, he’s not that bad.

Zog

Are you sure I can’t eat him, he looks like a big grub with and egg on top, mmm, tempting.

4iiiis

Ooer, look boss I’ll just nip out and check the goalpost moving if that’s OK!

MA

Never seen him move so fast, so Mr Zog are the terms of the contract acceptable to you.

Zog

Yes perfectly, one yummy member of a certain blog each day to lay my eggs in and another to eat.

MA

Excellent when can you start?

• naptoon

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:06 PM

Cnut what he is hates us… simple as that his stated goal is followed to a tee. Buy low sell high buy low again … he wont leave hes raking it in.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:07 PM

As for Bill’s son is back, yes I do believe he should be held accountable for his unwavering support of Ashley and especially when returning, to pretend to renounce that support while doing the exact opposite.

• naptoon

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:08 PM

Jfa
    Here here

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:10 PM

Bobby

Snap, that’s what I’ve been doing for the past few nights, season 2, which hadn’t appeared on a terrestrial channel so I’ve had to depend on a friendly geek for them for me to catch up.

I’ll be off shortly to watch tonights batch.

• Stardust

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:11 PM

This all very strange so the only conclusion I can make is that tomorrow Ashley will announce that the takeover is off. Today he flew over St James for one last goodbye as he knows he cannot go back. Then he picked up Charnley to get him away from tomorrows trouble. Then they flew over Stamford Bridge and he told Charnley, ‘Dont wory we’ll just come here instead’.

Nowt else makes sense.

• Online Guy

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:11 PM

Temper temper Jail

• Online Guy

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:12 PM

Control freak

• toon22

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:12 PM

Take a look at the PR

Oh yeh we’re sold for sure

Hahahahaha

• naptoon

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:14 PM

Tomorrow or friday … dead cert.

• Jib

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:14 PM

Jail
    Tyrone Mings is
    a A central defender
    b English
    Played 5 times for Bournemouth before Xmas
    Went on loan to Aston Villa and played 15 times
    playing a big part in their promotion.
    That’s probably why Villa are buying him

You were nearly right

• Stardust

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:15 PM

Mourinho just dropped to 7/1 in the betting

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:15 PM

Like, now, later!

• Online Guy

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:16 PM

Jail

It always amazes me how you can dish it out from on high and not expect anything in reply .

You need to wake up to the fact I will give it back to you in spades..

Don’t mention me in your nasty asides time to time as you Do , don’t be disrespectful, and you will never hear from me other than on a friendly basis.

Deal ? Clear ?

• Toon Cat

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:16 PM

Rumours on Twitter that season ticket sales are 10,000 down. Don’t know if theres any confirmation but, if true, it’s a powerful message to Ashley

• Jib

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:17 PM

NOT

• bettyswallocks

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:17 PM

Bleach the leach……….. What did you email Micky about?

• toon22

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:19 PM

JIB

Your mate Mikey is a business genius

Hahahahaha