web analytics



BZG Have Released Statement Through Capital Radio UAE’s Peter Redding



Peter Redding has just sent out the following tweets which he claims is a statement from BZG to Newcastle United fans.

These are the tweets that have been sent:

We sense there may be more coming from Peter but what he has laid out is somewhat encouraging. That is unless of course there is a big “but” on the way.

If these tweets are in fact accurate, we can glean that both parties are interested in a sale. They state that the current owners have cooperated amicably throughout the process.

The big statement is that if a deal is not forthcoming it will not be due to lack of effort from both parties. It appears to us that unless something happens that is outside the control of Mike Ashley and BZG then this may be happening.

They also claim they have completed every aspect of the takeover process. While this is not an official statement derives from a meeting Peter has apparently had with BZG, this has to be seen as positive news.

We wonder if this is the extent of the pending statement that Peter had spoken of last week, or if an official statement is still forthcoming.

We have yet to hear from Mike Ashley or Newcastle United at the moment, and that could be where the potential pitfalls lie.


139 comments so far

  • optimistic prime

    Jul 8, 2019 at 9:52 AM

    Comment #121

    Jazzy

    Not a nufcexit

    0
  • oldarse

    Jul 8, 2019 at 9:52 AM

    Comment #122

    Anagram of Pardew = Warped = strange and unpleasant English Dictionary

    1
  • kev1664

    Jul 8, 2019 at 9:54 AM

    Comment #123

    Naptoon,

    How do you know his info was crap? Maybe last week BZG finally got premier league approval and were waiting for Ashley to sign before they released a statement saying it was done. Thinking it was a formality they let Peter know and the Shields Gazette managed to find out as well, plus it was the Gazette that said it could be as early as last Tuesday. I’m sure Peter said they had prepared a statement which was due soon.

    Looks to me its final sign off required.

    4
  • #boycott Arsenal

    Jul 8, 2019 at 9:55 AM

    Comment #124

    From Peter Kenyon in January.
    ”I would like to express personal gratitude for your patience and integrity in this matter and hope we can continue our discussions in the same spirit.”
    From Peter Redding/BZG today
    ”The current owners have cooperated amicably throughout this process and if a deal is not forthcoming it will not be due to lack of effort from both parties”.
    As pointed out by .com, eerily similar.

    4
  • Nufc-83

    Jul 8, 2019 at 9:56 AM

    Comment #125

    Statement is definitely from them and it implies his is being held up by a 3rd party (not Ashley). Please god do not let it be that they have failed the owners test!!

    2
  • naptoon

    Jul 8, 2019 at 9:58 AM

    Comment #126

    Kev1664
    Statement in a few days … wrong.(last week)
    Statement today uncorroborated.
    No major news outlets following up other than shields gazette.
    Fill ya boots if you want to believe what you read on twatter but not for me.
    Common sense dictates his info is crap.

    1
  • Toon222

    Jul 8, 2019 at 9:59 AM

    Comment #127

    Can sell without a seller

    Its all bullshit

    BOYCOTT ARSENAL

    3
  • oldarse

    Jul 8, 2019 at 9:59 AM

    Comment #128

    If all this is pukka get your money on Jose Mourinho as the next manager

    1
  • lesh

    Jul 8, 2019 at 10:10 AM

    Comment #129

    fog on the tyne

    If everything was agreed between it and AshLie, surely BZG would’ve said so?.

    1
  • dig-n-dig22

    Jul 8, 2019 at 10:26 AM

    Comment #130

    It seems to me BZG are starting to put the knife into Ashley They know the fat tw@t is already facing a shit storm over Rafa’s exit, so if this deal caves in and it’s down to the fat tw@t then we will be upgrading to a Monsoon especially if the fat Tw@t chooses to saddle the club with a load of debt by doing a deal with the Kenyon group.

    2
  • MarkBro

    Jul 8, 2019 at 10:48 AM

    Comment #131

    Nothing new.

    Same bullshit, mike doesnt want to sell.

    Business as usual next monday….

    2
  • RUNAWAY777

    Jul 8, 2019 at 10:59 AM

    Comment #132

    In that statement its telling you to get ready the takeover is off ashley you really think we going to fall for this shit again well maybe a few thousand who think he can do no wrong your the ones keeping him here .

    2
  • dee em

    Jul 8, 2019 at 11:12 AM

    Comment #133

    Personally I believe they have told Ashley they wanted mourinho, Benitez got wind and organised the Chinese job.
    The premier league fit and proper will take longer due to possible family connections so it may well be imminent. No coincidence mourinho turned down the most lucrative deal ever offered last week, he like the club a lot and the “project” he’s talked about wanting may well be sir bobbys home. He has more connections to the club than I think we understand. Mourinho with real funding is still a seriously strong proposition

    2
  • swemag

    Jul 8, 2019 at 11:27 AM

    Comment #134

    My God we need some good news, to say that the last weeks have been depressing is the understatement of a lifetime.
    I was starting to think of things to distract me for the coming 2-3 seasons from following the Toon. How to change my life as to not allow football to have such a central role.
    Surely we must have hit rock bottom with the sale of Perez.
    Please let this deal go through and that these new owners are as good as we dare to dream that they might be.

    3
  • captainmarvel

    Jul 8, 2019 at 11:35 AM

    Comment #135

    How I read that it’s with the F.A. If both parties are in agreement it’s down to the fit and proper part being passed.

    2
  • magpie6699

    Jul 8, 2019 at 12:00 PM

    Comment #136

    captain – yes, that’s the interpretation I put on it. If Ashley was messing about they would surely not have said “both parties” but something like “we have done all we can”. Otherwise the statements are contradictory – and we’ve never heard contradictory statements about this takeover, have we?

    0
  • doddy

    Jul 8, 2019 at 12:06 PM

    Comment #137

    Chris Hughton is still available

    0
  • magicmac54

    Jul 8, 2019 at 12:38 PM

    Comment #138

    Groundhog day, the same shit a different day, please stop living in fantasy land my fellow toon fans, wake up and smell the coffee, stop thinking with your heart and think with your head, and you know in your head Ashley has no interest in selling Newcastle United, his only love in life is sheer greed and money, he is making millions out of our club every season, as long as he is making a huge profit out of our club there is simply no way he will ever sell our club, we are just another branch of Sports Direct to Ashley, but unfortunately for us we are probably the strongest branch of Sports Direct, please stop handing over your hard earned money, its time for short term pain, for long term gain, if we keep filling the ground every home match, he will be at Newcastle United for another 12 years.. HWTL

    1
  • davis_toons

    Jul 8, 2019 at 1:10 PM

    Comment #139

    Takeover now in FA/premier league hands.

    They are trying to say both parties have got nothing to do with it if it fails?

    Woah!!! Nice one.

    0


You must log in to post a comment.