web analytics

Chronicle Writer Responds To Silence On BZG Statement

Mark Douglas has responded to criticism of the Chronicle’s silence yesterday on the statements issued by BZG through Capital Radio’s Peter Redding.

Yesterday, it was Keith Downie who had responded about Sky Sports’ lack of coverage.

Here is a series of tweets from Mark Douglas:

This is excellent from Mark Douglas and a response from the Chronicle was necessary at this point. Mark is pointing out that he has contacted BZG but has yet to hear back from them.

He was also very respectful to Peter Redding, who released the statement on Twitter. Mark emphasizes that he has his doubts as the information is not really new and the avenue chosen was very unorthodox.

The Chronicle is still maintaining that the owner’s and director’s test has yet to occur which contradicts the statement released yesterday.

Mark Douglas is absolutely correct though that the state of this club at the moment is of paramount importance. Newcastle, with just a month left before the transfer window slams shut, have made no signings and have no manager.

They are the only club in the Premier League in this predicament and the people who run this club must be held to account.

Mark also did respond in regards to the silence from Newcastle with the following tweet.

Newcastle United, it’s fans, and those who cover the club are in a state of disunity right now.

This duality at Newcastle is furthered by a club that continues to run in complete silence.

Fans are at odds with each other about boycotts and renewing season tickets.

Fans and journalists are divided on the state and legitimacy of the takeover.

This is a state that has been inflicted by Mike Ashley’s refusal to treat the fans with any amount of respect.

A simple statement would resolve some of the growing discontent and confusion surrounding this club.

Meanwhile, this club is in serious threat of relegation as they continue to fall further and further behind. If they don’t act soon this fall could be fatal.

• Markaccus

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:55 AM

The tweet is still BS imo

• naptoon

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:55 AM

They’ve used it instead of calculated ha spell check on my iPad didn’t pick it up … learn something new every day.

• RobLeenio

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:57 AM

The spelling of the name is irrelevant – it’s a phonetic transcription from the Arabic characters, so just like with Russian translations of names it’s open to interpretation.

However, the fact that the bio says ‘Born in 1988’ suggests it’s some bloke in his early 30s who’s repurposed his account for a wind up. To me at least.

Doesn’t mean the rest of the info we’ve seen / heard today is false, however…..

• lesh

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:59 AM

Nicky

You really think that Ashley make a serious attempt to set the club up to survive a Prem campaign? Think again bonny lad.

Far better a new buyer takes over at some stage and make a serious attempt to rebuild the club after years of Ashley’s abuse.

• Kamakazeee

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:59 AM

@RobLeenio;

It says here the Bin Zayed Group was formed in 1988 – http://www.binzayed.com/history.htm

• Reilly

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:59 AM

Steve Bruce is now being linked with the Newcastle job

?
    9/4 from 33/1 earlier this morning

• naptoon

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:59 AM

Rob
    Seriously ha … I don’t know wether to take you seriously or not you seem an intelligent guy … not given to gullibility or incredulous claims. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof not blind faith and a positive attitude.

• Foggy Hall to Timbuktu

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:00 PM

Rob

Has there been any interesting updates/ news? Or is it more of the same?

My stepson unfortunately fell ill yesterday and we were at the hospital. Haven’t been able to trawl through the pages of posts on the blog.

• naptoon

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:00 PM

Cauliflower heed there would be a riot.

• kev1664

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:01 PM

Foggy,

Agree nowt of substance on Twitter today.

That whole fake account was tried when the first announcement came out. Discussed to death. All people have to do is delete all the tweets, change the name and change the @handle.

• Champagne Charlie

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:02 PM

Its going mental today at the bookies.

Double Wow!

Agent Bruce now 13/8 fav.

• Our Toon

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:02 PM

There is no takeover unfortunately, I cant stand Ashley and have boycotted for many years as a result of his mismanagement but I think too many fans think far to highly of BZG without actually knowing them or the people behind it at all.

In the arab world its all about boasting in public to make yourself look good, this all looks like smoke and mirrors to me and if it doesn’t come go through then it’ll be no different to what happened when the same jokers tried to buy liverpool.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that BZG are preventing us from making any progress this window? Giving ashley the excuse he needs really, can’t believe I’m even suggesting this but it seems like they’ve made no progress at all

• naptoon

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:03 PM

Champagne
    Seriously? … nightmare scenario about to unfold I reckon that should convince another 10000 to boycott.

• Tatforsale Mikey

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:07 PM

Well if the bookies are right about Bruce that for me definitely puts takeover to bed
    BOYCOTT ARSENAL

• jazzyp

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:07 PM

Jesus christ if I told ya ya mama is really ya dad who is the one and only Mikey boy Ashley ,would ya believe me.
    Gullible is defo the word of the day…Suckers

• NY Mag

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:07 PM

Lesh,

If any sale negotiation got to the point of applying to the EPL for O/D test.
    I’d imagine it would be a signed agreement contingent on PL approval – if that was the case, there’s absolutely nowt Ashley can do about it.

• Champagne Charlie

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:08 PM

It better not be Brucey.
    I can’t deal with that accent he’s cultivated.

• ArtyH

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:09 PM

I really do not understand why even S.T holders would not back a boycott for only a few matches, no one said all season, its just to get rid of the oaf and make a point. Even if it was just the first game it would send shockwaves through the football world as it live of $ky and obviously world wide. Just imagine the damage it would do to him and $h&t Indirect, there would be some explaining to do and even his P.R team could not handle that much crap!

Boycott to get our club back!

• naptoon

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:10 PM

I can easily believe Bruce working for the tapeworm hope you lads are on a wind up.

• magicmac54

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:11 PM

Ashley represents the very worst of capitalism, his greed knows no bounds, he is making a fortune out of Newcastle United, so there is simply no way will he sell our club while he is milking us dry, it has taken quite a while but most fans have seen the light and are not believing all this yearly bullshit about a false takeover, my God we have learned the hard way not to trust this horrible little man, he is a cheat, a compulsive liar, weak character, and a total con man, he needs to be forced out of our great club , its time for the gloves to come of my fellow toon fans, he might break our hearts, but he will never ever break our spirit, its well well past the time for a total boycott, not just his shops, but , but also dont attend anymore home games to this blood sucking leach is finally forced out, the world media know we are amazing and loyal fans, just think about the reaction of the national media if the ground was empty, they would be all over it, i know its a big ask as our fans love the club so much and are so so loyal, but our greatest strength is also our greatest weakness as Ashley knows he can do anything he pleases and get away with it, well its well past the time we let him know enough is enough and he will never get away with it ever again, you have got to be cruel to be kind. Lets totally unite toon fans, you know what has to be done to get rid of this horrible little greedy parasite once and for all, the sleeping giant hes finally awoke. HWTL

• Nedders

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:13 PM

Steve fcuking Bruce. I’m out, well and truly. Won’t even be checking for the scores, done with football.

• rozehnal

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:14 PM

Looks very very likely Steve Bruce is our manager. It will be all but done by today and probably announced too. He has become favorite odds on in just the last few mins on Sky Bet.

• fog on the tyne

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:15 PM

If you look through that twitter account, it has over 5000 followers. Read through them, ALOT of the follwers seem to have arabic sounding names and lots of africans as well. I’m on the fence with this.

• RobLeenio

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:15 PM

kamakazeee, cheers mate, hadn’t picked up on that.

Still, I guess that could be changed and therefore means nowt, really.

• toon22

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:15 PM

What no Morhinio ?

WTF

• jazzyp

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:16 PM

Bin Zayed Group Europe
    As part of our ongoing efforts towards expansion in the European Market. HH Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nehayan has completed the formal takeover of Newcastle United FC in the English Premier league on behalf of the Bin Zayed Group. A full statement will follow #nufc #BZG #Dubai

• fog on the tyne

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:17 PM

Bruce 4/1, jose back in to5/1 on sky bet

• RobLeenio

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:18 PM

naptoon, I’m just an ordinary bloke mate. I take what I see with my own eyes and make my mind up about it. If I think the wind is blowing in a certain direction, I’ll say that. If I think there’s something which looks a bit odd, I’ll flag that up, even if it doesn’t fit with what I’ve said before.

I try to be honest, but obviously I acknowledge I’m open to bias. No set agenda, though mate, except to see our club get rid of the fat one so we can see how we travel with the brakes off again.

One day, he’ll go, it’s inevitable. I think and hope it could be soon.

• lochinvar

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:22 PM

Steve Bruce’s son was reported as following NUFC twitter or other such links this week…….just a ruse ?

• Markaccus

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:22 PM

Bruce would be a deliberate insult to the club, fans and the city. The Bat Fastard will know fine well what the reaction will be to that. For me this is an effort to ruin the club. He really does hate everyone and everything NUFC. Cnut.

• chancel be a fine thing

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:23 PM

My concern is that we’ve heard nothing on twitter from any Gregs employees. I can only guess they’ve signed an NDA.

• lochinvar

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:24 PM

Need a Manager that the players will follow and respect…after Rafa that’s a hard act to follow

• Tatforsale Mikey

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:25 PM

Bet 365 and paddy Power Steve Bruce 13/8
    For fs sake man

• Shot Bru

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:25 PM

one fine day

You shoulda had some of your hard earned dish on Agent Bruce!!

• dexter53

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:25 PM

Just checked oddschecker. Fom nowhere to 4/1 favourite in a crack……..
    Steve Bruce. God help us.

• lochinvar

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:25 PM

not forgetting
    Newcastle is considered 38-year-old John Terry to be the candidate for the post of head coach, The Guardian reported.

• Shot Bru

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:26 PM

*cash

• RobLeenio

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:26 PM

Foggy, hope your stepson gets better soon mate, nowt worse than sick bairns. My lad’s been in hospital twice over the years and the stress is unlike anything else. My daughter on the other hand seems to have the constitution of a Sherman tank!

Anyway, unless you count the statement from BZG via Peter Redding on twitter yesterday morning, I’m not sure there’s been much of substance. Many people saying they’ve heard from players that they were told yesterday the takeover is all but done. Fog on the Tyne posted an image of a conversation he’d had on here earlier saying just that, as did dexter53, though I think most people missed that one.

if you missed the Peter Redding stuff, you can find it all here https://twitter.com/dubai_geordie

• Jib

Jul 9, 2019 at 12:26 PM

Nedders

Strange
    I’d already figured you were that sort of “supporter”

• jazzyp