web analytics

Newcastle Linked To Juventus Player Looking For Exit

According to a report in Corriere dello Sport detailed by Sport Witness, Newcastle are now looking at Juventus shot stopper Mattia Perin as competition for Martin Dubravka. It was just earlier this year that Martin Dubravka was said to be a target of the Turin club.

Mattia Perin joined Juventus last July for €12.3M from the club he had been with since he was just 16, Genoa CFC.

Perin was brought in to replace Italian goalkeeping legend Gianluigi Buffon who had just departed on a free to join PSG. Well, last week Buffon returned to Juve after just one year in Paris.

There has been many links for Perin this summer due to his limited playing time in Turin last season. Perin was expected to battle ex-Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny for the number one spot. However, Szczesny was looking to claim the number one spot for himself after spending the previous season as Buffon’s understudy.

The former Arsenal goalkeeper did just that and had the best season of his career for the Serie A champions. His form left minimal opportunities for Perin, who managed only 9 starts before his season ended in April with a shoulder injury.

Mattia Perin– Yes, Newcastle are interested

The report from Italy is claiming that Newcastle are looking at Perin due to the reported high fee for Lazio keeper Thomas Strakosha. The Albanian international is valued between €40-50m by his club. A fee which Newcastle certainly would not pay.

Perin would be much more economical as he was bought by Juventus for just €12m last summer. The fee for Perin would not be the issue for Newcastle.

The issue is going to be the quality of the clubs that are also interested in the twice capped Italian. In May, Roma were said to be preparing a bid but that interest has appeared to die out.

This week, though, it is Porto who are very heavily linked with interest in the keeper as well as the aforementioned Lazio, but only as a replacement if Strakosha were to leave.

The report in Corriere dello Sport list Sevilla, Benfica, and Fiorentina with ties to the player.

With the current situation on Tyneside, you would have to question Newcastle’s ability to attract any players at the moment. Especially one that could have as many options as Perin.

It is a shame though, for the price Perin would be the perfect player to push Martin Dubravka at Newcastle.

• lochinvar

Jul 10, 2019 at 3:50 PM

Bruce:
    “But no, I’ve been on holiday. I never take any notice of all that sort of speculation or tittle-tattle because the way the newspapers are today, no disrespect, I think there have been 150 managers associated with Newcastle.

Ok, name them
    I’d like to check if any are worth considering

• DavidKelly9

Jul 10, 2019 at 3:55 PM

Rob I know you would try to discuss the positives of a turd and i admire that I really do but the time has come to give it up my friend.
    What have we got to point this is going to end well a couple of spotty nose lads on twitter saying it’s done even though that Darren Carter lad has been saying this since early June
    Then we have the planes trains and automobiles come on man give me a break not one bit of evidence of who is on any of these flights.
    Ashleys visits to Newcastle must be the club being sold ??? wrong and the imminet approach for agent bruce was being the circumstances around them viists maybe?
    The statement through Peter Redding I am sorry if you had done everything a takeover requires and dear mike was such a help BZG will own the club guess what they do not.
    Finally with all the above hearsay in mind not one local reporter has reported any deal is even close to be going through, I got stick on here defending Caulkin when he first said Rafa was going to China guess who was correct ? Believe me I would love a takeover to be close but if it was even 3 weeks away from going through or with the PL one of them would know.
    As for until I hear a statement from the club I will believe it is ongoing come on people when did thay come out and tell us what happend with Kenyon?? All that will happen from now until the end of the August is Bruce will be appointed one striker of around 25m will be signed to try and calm everybody down (Like Almiron in Jan) and a few loans will come in you will not hear any statement from NUFC on anything BZG until maybe next January when they will suddenly appear again to get us through January.
    Sorry for the long post could of just said WE HAVE BEEN HAD AGAIN

• danishmag

Jul 10, 2019 at 4:01 PM

Lesh…

Where has the money gone from television and outgoing transfers then?

Has the infrastructure of the club been updated from that money? NO!

Have we seen a lot of incoming transfers in the region of what EVERY OTHER club in the PL can afford? NO!!
    (Here i mean clubs like Bournemouth, West Ham, Brighton etc.. Buying players for 20-40 mil like its the most easy thing to do)

Have we seen players getting better salaries? NO!

Tell me.. The club is the 19th richest in the WORLD.. 6th-7th in the PL!.. How come we have the lowest transfer budget every year?.. How come we have the 4th lowest salary in the PL?

It does not add up at all!

• oldarse

Jul 10, 2019 at 4:05 PM

lesh ok, where’s your figures mate danishmag has given his, down to you.

• Scholesy

Jul 10, 2019 at 5:04 PM

Any chance of a Washington sniper?

• JohnJ

Jul 10, 2019 at 6:42 PM

jazzyp

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:35 PM

hibbit the armchair fan

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:38 PM

Hi Guys,

I’m not a season ticket holder due to health issues only get to games on very rare occasions. There was the possibility of a disabled ST but I did not wish to go and support that snake even at special rates. But really with my Peripheral Neuropathy pain it’s really hard to be there. I have supported NUFC since 1957 and been to many games home & away before and after the re-development of SJP.

I’d rather cross the street than go past the door of an SD shop. Even his picture, Ashley’s, makes me feel sick!

If I had been a season ticket holder I would not renew but I respect that is an individual choice for everyone to make. I’m all for emphasising that horrible individual!

• JohnJ

Jul 10, 2019 at 7:14 PM

Repost from previous link

jazzyp
    Jul 10, 2019 at 2:35 PM

hibbit the armchair fan
    Jul 10, 2019 at 2:38 PM

Hi Guys,

If I had been a season ticket holder I would not renew but I respect that is an individual choice for everyone to make. I’m all for embarrassing that horrible individual!

• lesh

Jul 10, 2019 at 7:19 PM

Oldarse/ Danish

I can’t give any figures but feel that if Ashley, the person, is taking money out of the club, it would and should have been picked up during audit. I’m not saying that charges aren’t being made by Ashley owned companies (charges made by SD for warehousing merchandise and service charges for example).

As far as money from transfers, it comes in in instalments and goes out in one off payments and that would place further demands on prize and TV monies.

I cannot and will not condone Ashley’s management of the club – it’s he that is the millstone round its neck, nibbling it and feel as most do that his management and use of finances intended for other purposes – stadia, facilities, player development should be questioned, investigated and challenged by the TV companies and the EPL.

• lesh