web analytics

Statement From London Magpie Group To The Fans Of Newcastle United

Due to the dire state Mike Ashley has allowed our club to disintegrate too, we have agreed to put out information provided to us from the London Magpie Group.

We were contacted by them recently to see if we would assist in their effort of ridding Newcastle United of the scourge of Mike Ashley by providing information on our blog.

They are trying to unite many fan groups into one cohesive unit to best get the message to Mike Ashley to relinquish his ownership of this football club.

We agreed to assist them in getting their message out to the Newcastle United fanbase.  However, we want to stress that we would not call for any fan to boycott or not boycott St James Park.  That is a decision that is up to the individual.

Both the London Magpie Group and this blog are well aware of the ulcer-inducing angst of any fan to have to make a decision like this.  So we do not do this without hesitation.

However we are in uncertain times, and each day that passes under Mike Ashley’s dominion is a day more of degradation for this club and its supporters. In times like these, information is of paramount importance.

So we have provided at the link below, a message from the London Magpie Group.

Boycott Arsenal Statement

• RobLeenio

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:05 AM

Nice one Neil, good on you and your Dad for supporting the fans groups on this. We need to work together now, your forum is invaluable to allow us to communicate.

Howay the Fans!

• naptoon

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:07 AM

Bit of co-ordination this time. WD Ed / Neil for your pragmatic approach.

• RobLeenio

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:08 AM

droppy, I think at this point I’m willing to believe anything and realistically anything is possible. BZG with a minority shareholding for Ratcliffe is also possible, Ratcliffe in with Kenyon, any of them on their own or any other combination.

The interest is real, I’m convinced of that and Ashley has to see this is the end game for him, I can’t believe anything else.

Desperation? Maybe.

• naptoon

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:08 AM

Snap.

• naptoon

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:11 AM

Maybe … ratcliffe your the one to save me
    Cos bzgs bit
    Hit the wonder wall.

Thought I’d join in

• naptoon

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:11 AM

Bid. Bollix

• naptoon

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:13 AM

Hold on
    Maybe … ratcliffe your the one to save
    Cos after all
    Beezees bid hit the wall.

Boom. That’s better.

• carltoon

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:14 AM

What I want to know who are the group that Sir John Hall said he was assisting in the takeover. He also said BZG didn’t have the funds. That was just a few days ago.

• naptoon

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:14 AM

Save me. Bollix. Bollix.bollix.
    Bed time misprinting the lot.

• naptoon

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:15 AM

Carlton
    Sjh said what I must’ve missed that.

• carltoon

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:18 AM

On the local news a few nights ago. Was interviewed. Saying Ashley should sell up. That he was assisting a group on a takeover, and that the talk in city was BZG were scrambling around for funds.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:18 AM

Yeah what happened to Caulkins other bidders?

• carltoon

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:20 AM

I’m not sure but I think it was discussed on here. Most thought it was Kenyon’s bid.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:22 AM

Right people I’m off to bed.

See what insanity tomorrow brings after all it’s supposedly the Tapeworm’s deadline day.

• carltoon

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:23 AM

There’s definitely other bidders. Christ I wish they would hurry up. I can’t sleep at night thinking it will happen tomorrow. And Joselu was in a pub buying pints. So not in Spain as BBc said .

• naptoon

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:24 AM

Ah that’s new then probs a few on here thatve missed that. Anyway kip time. Ready for another day of twatter bs, fakeover, no signings and cauliflower heed being unveiled as manager. Sigh.

• carltoon

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:26 AM

Please not someone like Steve Bruce.

• RobLeenio

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:29 AM

carltoon, how are you, not seen you on for a few days?

I remember wayayman saying that was SJH stirring the pot as he was due a payout if the group he was advising beat BZG to the purchase. He seemed to think it was a bit of a dirty trick.

• MG-Man

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:29 AM

Great to see all the different groups united . Surely Ashley must realise he’s went too far this time

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:30 AM

Unless a sale happens right now, literally in the next few days, then it just can’t realistically happen until we are looking safe from relegation.

As we are, we look good candidates for the drop, so anyone coming in needs to have time to appoint a decent manager and 4 to 6 good players in the right positions. Time that just isn’t there now.

Let’s face it, it’s really become pie in the sky stuff, and BZG aren’t looking at all reassuring either.

Better to focus on the state of the club under Ashley and protest with all the enthusiasm we can muster.

• lesh

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:38 AM

Naptoon

‘I’m to stupid to know what I voted for?’.

You asked the question and by doing so have clearly shown you don’t know the answer. Give it a year or two and when the penny drops……..

• carltoon

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:41 AM

Hi ya Rob just been reading the blog. Don’t really like all the bullying. Still praying for a takeover.

• lesh

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:44 AM

Cartoon

BZG is a group of companies among which is an investment company. The BZ Group is well off but the investment arm may rely on pulling investors in – hence the comment attributed to John Hall.

We don’t know who’s been bidding do we.

• carltoon

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:45 AM

Yes I can believe that about Hall.

• RobLeenio

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:46 AM

I thought most folk had been pretty decent to each other recently. One or two have been getting a hard time, but by and large it’s been worse.

Busy, mind – I’ve never known the blog so busy. It’s hard to keep up.

I think we’re all praying for a takeover, and as Nicky says it has to happen soon….

• carltoon

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:47 AM

Leah I just wondered who the other group was SJH was talking about. Clutching at straws. I don’t really want to ever go back. It’s really depressed me this year.

• carltoon

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:52 AM

Every day some bang on and on, about the boycott when I’m sure almost every one on here has said they are not going to the Arsenal game. They want to get out and preach to the fans not on the blogs and twitter. Seen Poster on a bin with Ashley’s face on it with the word GREED on it. I thought what a great idea. Lots of these posters all over the toon

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 10, 2019 at 1:18 AM

Yeah, we clearly do need people out in the community visibly agitating for change, but I think lots of match goers will read the blogs, and many, if not the majority, probably don’t post, so I think it is good to post your anti Ashley views on here, if they are well reasoned, because it probably will reach many of those who might simply be going to enjoy a day out, without thinking too deeply about whether they are helping to prolong the current ownership of the club, and they really are the ones you want to speak to. As I’ve said a few times on here, boycott or go, but if you go, sing loudly for the lads, and loudly against the owner every time a chant goes round the ground. Total boycott just isn’t realistic, and if it were it’d just get us relegated. The lad’s still need to be supported, the louder the better, but let it equally be known that the owner is no longer tolerated.

• beefman13

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:02 AM

Lee Charnley i will hunt you down like a fox if you appoint that flat nosed ginger mo fo Bruce.

• dougie

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:23 AM

Got to agree with Nicky@20,if it’s not done before a balls kicked we’re gonna be in a right mess,relegation candidates for sure,Who’s gonna buy that!

• Toon Cat

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:44 AM

This time feels different, as though we’ve reached a tipping point. If there’s no takeover this summer I don’t think Ashley can just carry on as ‘normal’, with some yes-man installed as head coach and the club limping along week-to-week in relegation territory. He might think he can like all the times before but I can’t see it. I think theres too much anger and resentment. I hope so anyway because, if not now then when ?

• Bobbybee

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:51 AM

I was gonna come on, but I caught sight of the clock. So, nowt happening? No.
    #Boycott Arsenal

• Genjikai

Jul 10, 2019 at 3:22 AM

Wayaman
    If you get to read this is there any day which yous could bring the london magpies up for a march on sjp.
    Same with any of the other groups?

• Genjikai

Jul 10, 2019 at 3:24 AM

And toon22 when you turn up for the shenanigans i fully expect for you to be in a frog mask.

• DubaiMicky

Jul 10, 2019 at 5:30 AM

So 8 hours later and only around 180 posts? What’s wrong with you lot?

Tusanki, re the Chinese way of doing business, that’s what it’s like here too, it was a bit strange at first, but you get used to it, you also make friends with the people as opposed to just business clients.

Ineos bloke eh? Are we going to be Chelsea Mk 2? Jim, Jose and Peter? What’s next, prawn sandwiches (with no crusts) rather than ham and pease puddin’ stotties? I think not.

Fully expecting a feeding frenzy from Twitter etal from 11am onwards, the craziness will commence – I may well be taking a nap.

• hibbit the armchair fan

Jul 10, 2019 at 6:05 AM

• DubaiMicky

Jul 10, 2019 at 6:22 AM

hibbit, you can’t blame them – I’d love to know what Rafa actually said to them.

• one fine day

Jul 10, 2019 at 6:27 AM

Looks like Ashley n co have seriously underestimated who they were dealing with when they messed Rafa around .
    Their name if it wasn’t already will be dirt in world football circles .
    Reap what you sow .greed driven scumbags .

• Lindisfarne

Jul 10, 2019 at 6:33 AM

Whilst I understand the logic as to why the NUST can not officially support protests against the ownership of the club, in my opinion it does not stop them from organising a ‘Fans Zone’ where the match can be viewed via TV at an alternative venue.