web analytics

Poll On Steve Bruce As Local Journalists Verify Him As Likely Next Manager

Mark Douglas of the Chronicle has tweeted confirmation of earlier reports from the Telegraph that Steve Bruce’s appointment is very close and barring an unexpected turn, very likely.

This is what Mark Douglas has tweeted:

Keith Downie has also reported that colleague Richard Graves has seen Steve Bruce leaving Hillsborough this morning. Sheffield Wednesday staff and players reportedly have the day off today.

It is looking very much like Steve Bruce will be the next manager at Newcastle United. While this is extremely raw right now, we will put out a poll on this potential appointment.

We expect the response to be very much in the negative as this is quite a shock at the moment. We have gone with the question of supporting Steve Bruce rather than being happy with him as the choice.

Would You Support Steve Bruce As The Next Manager Of Newcastle United?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• JohnJ

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:12 PM

I’m gutted that my hope of a takeover seems to be as dead as a Dodo

I’m gutted that my hope of a semi decent manager also seems to be as dead as a Dodo

I’m always a half glass full person but I have to say at this point in time there’s bugga all left in the glass.

But……. Pitch invasions of any kind are not the answer – the invaders will incur hefty fines and total bans from SJP – The club could lose points and the loss of those points could be the difference between staying up or going down.

So if you want to make an impression stay away – that will tell the world and the slug that’s time the slug sold the club. It’s my belief that Mr Ashley can’t stand being embarrassed.

• Reilly

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:14 PM

fkin madness

• outside the box

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:14 PM

cannot believe kevin nolan as number two .?imposing a number 2 before you have appointed a manager ?….
    how many managers would accept that ?…..

• MarkBro

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:15 PM

The dentist lol…revisit the takeover at Christmas…jesus, cant go through this again.

Makes brexits seem like a walk in the park

• Stardust

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:15 PM

The fishing and hunting shop in the toon have had to take on extra staff

• TomaKaThor

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:16 PM

I said at the time what are the odds on Nolan becoming manager the suck up

• Stardust

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:17 PM

Mate works for amazon and has just delivered a bullet proof vest to Charnleys hoose

• Yorkgeordie

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:17 PM

Makes sense of Nolan’s OTT praise of Ashley if he already had a new job!

• Stardust

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:19 PM

Two traitors employed by two traitors on the same day. Couldn’t make it up

• Singinginthecorner

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:20 PM

Just found out why we hear nothing from the fat man

• Mag52

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:20 PM

AO.

• Singinginthecorner

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:20 PM

So no news till least 24th july

• Stardust

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:21 PM

At some point in going to have to leave this and find something else to do for a few years as I’ve only got utter contempt for these people now and my hatred is turning on the club.

• Rob1971

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:22 PM

Nufc.com are spot on with the last line:

Further details of Newcastle’s pursuit of Steve Bruce as a replacement for Rafa Benitez are emerging in the media, as the 58 year-old Tynesider closes in on the post.

Appointed by Sheffield Wednesday in January on a 12 month rolling contract, Bruce was giving little away when interviewed at the conclusion of the Owls’ Portuguese pre-season tour on Tuesday evening.

However it has been disclosed that he held face to face talks with Lee Charnley in Manchester on Wednesday after flying back into the country.

As a consequence of that, Bruce contacted the Owls owner asking to be released from his deal at Hillsborough – a release clause initially speculated at £1m now believed to be nearer £5m.

By Thursday lunchtime, those alleged to be in the know were confident that agreement would follow soon and that Bruce would take charge of our first team against Wolves in China on Wednesday.

Words fail us.

• Dubs Left Glove

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:22 PM

@ Singinginthecorner i bet you the previous social media officer was binned for the kit release/face palm tweet.

• Stardust

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:24 PM

Aye dubs the gestapo will have shot him oot the back on his tea break

• optimistic prime

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:26 PM

I’d rather be in league one than have Bruce as manager, their plight down the road isn’t as embarrassing as this.

🙁

• danishmag

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:26 PM

I am guessing that Bruce will get a warchest like McLaren Got.. 80mil to buy from..
    And what can that buy? Not to talk about which players Bruce can attract?..
    And i am certain that we haven’t sold the last player yet, as the only way to finance players is by selling, and making a profit!

Perez 30mil
    Hayden 20mil
    Ritchie 10mil
    Clarck 10mil
    Murphy 10mil
    Longstaff 30mil

Thats plus 110 mil..
    Then buy for 80mil..
    Thats another 30mil into Ashlies pocket.

And Charnlie coming out afterwards saying that we had a netspend of 80 mil..
    The players sold was spend on salaries etc

• MacToon

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:27 PM

Belfats, how’s tricks?

Ridiculous state of affairs, hasn’t been our club for a very long time and unfortunately, it will continue to be so for the foreseeable future.

• hibbit the armchair fan

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:29 PM

well for the first time i’m actually happy about not renewing,
    i just don’t get Bruce taking the job and don’t get the club offering him it,who ever made that decision wants certified

• optimistic prime

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:29 PM

The only thing left to do is to burn the club too the ground to cleanse it of the disease that is Ashley, like a Phoenix the club will rise from the ashes stronger.

Fat greedy parasite out

• MarkBro

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:29 PM

Joselu is in training…

• toon22

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:29 PM

Remember guys

“MA hasn’t taken a penny out of the club”

• MacToon

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:29 PM

Didn’t Bruce have shed loads @ the maccums to spend?

and what happened to the fan’s forum thing, thought that was a requirement for PL clubs?

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:30 PM

Well we’re finally seeing the real Bills son, I hope the regular poster and duplicitous coward Joe Sophistication feels he done thge right thing by defending this guy and all he stands for. Yes Bills I can see thousands rushing to renew their tickets after Bruce gets us tenth.

• Genjikai

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:30 PM

Lads/lasses
    Time to stop this takeover talk and wake up and smell the shit thats in front of yous.
    Unite,fight lets drive him out.

• Mag52

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:30 PM

So from the general reactions to date at the prospect of Steve Bruce becoming our next manager, Ashley’s cunning plan would appear to be working a treat.
    “Get in somebody the supporters will detest and the boos, jeers, name calling will be aimed at him rather than me. The anti Ashley movements at present gathering momentum will be distracted and supporters divided.”
    Charnley ‘Good thinking big man’.

• toon22

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:30 PM

Just another thing the league don’t enforce

• MacToon

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:31 PM

*scrub that about Agent Bruce down the road – he’ll get what he’s given here and that’s that.

• RobLeenio

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:31 PM

I was one advocating for the inclusion of the likes of Nolan, Barton, Steve Watson and even Temuri Ketsbaia in our coaching team, so we could build a cadre of our own heroes who could become manager one day, instead of being linked with the likes of Viera, Arteta and Gerrard.

I never for one minute expected that Nolan would appear, if reports are true, as part of the fixtures and fittings, with his feet up in front of Ashley’s fire, smoking Ashley’s Havanas and with a crystal balloon of Ashley’s Hennessy cognac in his left hand, before another manager is even signed.

What kind of brown-nosing sycophant has he proven himself to be?

Again, it’s kinda irrelevant in the context of needing Ashley out, but I do feel massively betrayed by him. What happened to our old skipper?

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:31 PM

Well we’re finally seeing the real Bills son, I hope the regular poster and duplicitous coward Joe Sophistication feels he done thge right thing by defending this guy and all he stands for. Yes Bills I can see thousands rushing to renew their tickets after Bruce gets us tenth…

• hibbit the armchair fan

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:32 PM

you have to wonder how many of that 124 are mackems,
    no sane toon fan would back him,
    he’s a dead man walking,

• Small World

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:32 PM

Lots of reasons why Steve Bruce appointment has *wrong* written all over it, however I find the Sunderland connection thing ridiculous.

Bob Stokoe – NUFC through and through, bled black and white until the day he died. Won the cup for Sunderland
    Bobby Moncur – Captained both teams, NUFC all time great
    Jeff Clarke – Another centre half went the other way and served both clubs admirably
    Chris Waddle – Sunderland fan, Newcastle hero back in the day
    Steve Howey – Sunderland lad who once signed for NUFC only ever saw us as his club
    Steve Harper – Did he ever carry a red & white scarf as a kid? Don’t know but life must have been tough for him if he’s always been a Mag

If Steve Bruce wanted an easy life and didn’t have a passion NUFC he’d not be in discussions.

Is he the type of manager we want? The answer is the same as – Is Ashley the type of owner we want?

Unfortunately for all parties we can see how this is panning out

• Sir Braveheart

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:33 PM

I voted that I would support him, bit here’s what I really mean by that.

I think the appointment is a joke. A sick twisted joke. On par with jokes about cancer or Jimmy Saville.

I’m not convinced that Ashley isn’t doing this to pss us all off deliberately. It would make no sense but then, Steve Bruce makes no sense. Approaching Allardyce makes no sense. We’re long past sense.

I fear it’s going to be a train wreck.

But…

I won’t start off Bruce’s reign by heckling him, booing, shouting abuse. He has a job to do. I’ll judge him on how well he does that job.

Even if he wins every game and we win the league I will NEVER say that it was a good appointment, because any success will be pure luck not judgement. I judge Ashley on his appointment, and I’ll judge Bruce on how well he does. I won’t judge or chastise Bruce for taking the job. It wasn’t his fault he was offered it and I don’t blame him for taking it.

So support Bruce….no. But likewise I can’t say I won’t support him either, because that suggests doing something that would be the opposite of support. Like boo or jeer.

Basically I’m just apathetic about the whole thing.

• optimistic prime

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:33 PM

It hasn’t let me vote!

It just shows the current voting,

• Steve The Cabbage Heed

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:34 PM

Afternoon everyone…..I’d like to introduce myself to the blog

Can you please love me? I’m one of you! Always have been….

• eggman

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:35 PM

haha this summer has to be the greatest mackem windup ever , its so well orchestrated, fair play to them they have played a blinder..

• Mag52

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:35 PM

Whoever Ashley employs as manager, whichever players he buys, whatever he says, he is the man at whom all our opposition must be directed. And I do mean all.

• optimistic prime

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:37 PM

I wont support Bruce or Nolan and if I see either I’ll tell them both they’re parasites taking their 12 pieces of silver in exchange for any integrity they had.

• Steve The Cabbage Heed

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:38 PM

Fyi I’m the poster formally known as Sheik en but not stirred!!!

Takeover is off so thought I better introduce my friend… Steve The Cabbage Heed