web analytics

Newcastle Squad Confirmed For Premier League Asia Trophy

Newcastle United have confirmed the squad for the Premier League Asia Trophy but will have some key players who will miss out on the preseason tour.

Florian Lejeune and Rob Elliot will both miss out as they recover from injury. Florian is making great progress on his return from two devastating knee injuries within the past year.

Rob is currently nursing an injured shoulder.

The other players who will not feature are Miguel Almiron, Christian Atsu, and Henri Saivet.

Miguel and Christian have been given additional time to recover from their recent international duty.

While Henri Saivet is still representing Senegal in the Africa Cup of Nations, where they have reached the semifinals. They will play Tunisia this Sunday for a place in the finals.

It is also good to note that there is no mention of the hamstring injury that cut Christian Atsu’s AFCON tournament short a few weeks ago. It must not have been a significant injury.

Five youngsters will make the trip in what is looking like a very depleted squad. They are forward Thomas Allen, defender Owen Bailey, goalkeeper Nathan Harker, midfielder Matty Longstaff, and defender Kelland Watts.

We also see Joselu will make the trip so it does not appear that his move to Alaves is imminent by any means.

Here is a look at Newcastle’s preseason schedule.

DateTeamLocationResult

• welshy14

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:08 AM

2nd

• NY Mag

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:11 AM

Irishrob,

You’re calling other people first class idiots, then claim that SJH is in the know because he is on the board – on the board of what exactly?

• ilovetoon8788

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:11 AM

3rd

• Jib

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:13 AM

turd

• Jib

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:14 AM

SJH
    Is honorary life prez is what Irishrob means
    Oi’m Tinking

• Jib

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:16 AM

I don’t know if that makes him privy to the current workings of the club.

• NY Mag

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:17 AM

Jib,

With Ashley in charge – nee chance

• Ron Knee

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:18 AM

Louise Taylor on Steve Bruce:

The former Sunderland No1 paid little attention to modern coaching methods, technology or tactics – and now he looks like man whose era has passed

Wed 30 Nov 2011

• martoon

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:19 AM

Tom – Norway and Iceland

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:22 AM

I wonder how our injury list is going to go this season ?

• RobLeenio

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:22 AM

Jib, it’ll make him privy to knowledge of the square root of fewk all.

IrishRob is talking out of his ar$e for reasons best known only to himself.

Let’s not be taken in by the manoeuvrings of Ashley’s nascent media campaign against BZG. We need to focus both blame and our ire on the person with whom it really rests.

Hint: They don’t live in Dubai.

• MarkBro

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:22 AM

Apparently its on sky?

Facing a huge dilemma, 1st day of 14in Crete on Wednesday.

Cold beers and footy. If bruce is there i might give it a miss. Tough decisions

• IrishRob

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:23 AM

Ny mag…. He is also still privy to any information because he is due a small percentage of the sale of the club if Ashley sells.

Second he is an 86yr old man with 100M odd in his bank and doesnt need money for the rest of his life. Hes also a boyhood supporter of Newcastle and someone who has literally given half his fortune to newcastle over the years he was owner. Lastly he is probably one of the biggest supporters out there loyal to the club.

There is no way in hell hed come out and say it if it was lies or go against Newcastle for Ashley or money.

The moment he said it I knew BZG were full of shit and Ashley may not have been lying all along about them not showing proof of funds.

Like we all despise Ashley and hes a complete disaster but why is it so hard to believe BZG are lying especially when they have prior form.

• Bobbybee

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:24 AM

I haven’t read back so someone may have said this, already. Didn’t Ashley say, after the Staveley and Kenyon debacles that proof of funds had to be provided BEFORE he would let them in? Sure he did. To prevent tyre kickers he said. Therefore proof of funds must have been provided, despite what Sky may say.

• Lindisfarne

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:24 AM

I have no issue with Bruce as a Coach, no particular view of good or bad, I have a problem with him as a fellow Geordie.

• Jib

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:25 AM

If Bruce is there I defo won’t give it a miss
    ‘Twill be intriguing

• IrishRob

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:26 AM

Go fúck yourself Rob Leenio you’re just a toolbag who comes on here and tries to look educated when really calling you a pseudo-intellect eoilx be kind.

Never liked ya, dont talk to me thanks!

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:26 AM

David Moyes is just as bad as Steve Bruce. Why would people prefer that ex Mackem manager instead of another ex Mackem manager is beyond me.

NUFC is dying a slow and terrible death and it’s all because of that big fat, greasy, greedy owner that has been a disaster since day 1! Twelve years of hurt and it doesn’t seem like ending anytime soon. How depressing this all is.

• norfolknhope

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:29 AM

Hmm as it stands right now, I’m left really torn like the majority, I want to support our players and get behind them, as they deserve it, well some don’t, Mr colback for 1. However under this dictatorship I reslly can’t set foot in our ground and give Mr mussoli my (yes my hard earned) wages. I’m not worung hard all week all year to give him my financial support. I can’t rake food out my families mouth to justify feeding his inflated waste line and ego. I in 2 minds in all honesty to take some time away and even shut down my sky sports and bt subscription as again its just heartbreaking to even watch us on TV, to listen what pundits say. This will not be taken lightly and not a cash thing, but I can’t help but think of the savings I will see. Sadly not 350 mil however. But if we all did, spent that cash localy we’d not need that club right now to help put buzz in the area, and prepare us for 3 years time when we will be sitting in the same position where kev took over all those years ago.

• toon kk

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:29 AM

The potential takeover was a con, more fool you if you were sucked in by it. That was a crafty plan set up by MA to con fans and possibly even Rafa.
    On Bruce, MA is taking back full control of the club, so another yes man has been reinstated.
    I hope fans will stick together, but I doubt it.
    SJP will still be full after the dust settles.

Tbh I can’t be arsed anymore the club is fked.

• IrishRob

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:30 AM

Yes bobbybee but he do we know he has even let them in in the first place. We were all just presuming he did because we seen a few companies being made up which can be done for 100£ btw.

• one fine day

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:33 AM

Bobbybee
    That’s how I recall it too
    I think all this latest proves beyond doubt us that sky are well and truely ashlies mouthpiece .
    Downey is the mainline .

• Just a fan

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:35 AM

Irish Bob
    I would say hall got more money out of the club than he ever put in.
    But that is not a problem with me

• IrishRob

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:36 AM

Toon kk….

That could very well be true. Its almost certainly more accurate than BZG showing proof of funds to buy us. But people only want to see what they want to see and not actual reality.

Regardless, Ashley out, #BOYCOTT

• RobLeenio

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:37 AM

Anyone else think it would be absolutely hilarious if Charnley fails to get Bruce over the line?

In the past, I’d have been really bothered about our club being a laughing stock. Now, it’s perfectly clear to everyone in football that the mess we’re in is down to one man and his desperate lack of foresight.

If the World starts laughing at us, they’re actually laughing at Ashley and he will know it.

He might be able to put up with being called a slaver, or a ba$stard or a hard-hearted sociopath, but I bet his pride will be screaming when he starts being called a fool by the World’s press.

I’m at the point now when I’m happy to sit back, crack open a metaphorical can and wait while this whole mess explodes in the fat slug’s face.

• Tatforsale Mikey

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:39 AM

Robleenio
    You believe far too much what dubai Micky tells you. Get yourself off plane watching
    BOYCOTT EVERYTHING

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:40 AM

Saint John Hall again? He did massive amounts for the club, gave us the best football I have ever seen at SJP but also was the man who sold the club to be used as a billboard, behind the back of his ‘friend’ Freddy Shepherd. I will always respect SJH for what he did but for me even if BZG showed they had the funds MA would’ve killed the deal with his greed and dishonesty.

• NY Mag

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:41 AM

Irishrob,

I’m not disputing SJH’s age, wealth or his love for NUFC.
    And he’ll be far more ITK than I am, but he has no official capacity at the club and will not be privy to the inner workings of Ashley’s regime.

• IrishRob

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:43 AM

Just a fan…..

I’m pretty sure he had more than 75m before he bought Newcastle and I remember one thing clearly about his tenure was that he was highly praised for spending his own money and a lot of it too at the time for world record transfers such as Shearer.

Even though he wasnt super wealthy he always gave Keegan above and beyond what he wanted. The man bleeds black and white,

And I think its shameful that he comes out and tells us something and is called a liar despite the absolute dedication he has shown to the club and despite the fact he gains nothing from it either.

• IrishRob

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:50 AM

Of Course hes privy information in a possible deal if he is due a small percentage of it.

Second why on earth would he say it if he didn’t see it? Hes the last person to make it up.

Also being a former owner he could very likely be included or let in on the sale by Ashley for a myriad of reasons even if he wasnt due a small percentage of a possible sale, which he 100% is.

• TyneMouth

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:52 AM

It is quite astonishing, that in the absence of confirmed facts, any simple opinion posted on this blog, is immediately accepted as an absolute, unquestionable truth!

For example; **Sir John Hall is an honourable, truthful Geordie businessman, and a board member of NUFC, with access to all the financial aspects of the BZG takeover**

Well SJH is a Geordie, that is true, however many may take issue with some of the other points in that statement.

BZG do not have the money to complete this take-over. If this is true, and it’s a…., how have they been able to get this far?

How much money have BZG spent so far? Due Diligence, we are told, doesn’t come cheap.

The concensus, on this blog, is that this is merely a smokescreen, by Ashole and his gang, to divert attention from his non- investment in NUFC, and he manages this strategy by spending money in his involvement in a non take over scam!

Ashole is a proven Walsall Winker, but such a strategy is stupid and pointless. Ashole owns NUFC, if he doesn’t want to invest in the club, he will not. He is thick-skinned enough to not let the feelings of the people of Tyneside bother him.

PS… is there anyone reading this blog qualified enough to spell out how much money will have been spent by Amanda, Kenyon, BZG and Ashole himself.

I suspect it will be eye-watering!

• IrishRob

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:53 AM

Were only logging heads here at this stage, people are entitled to believe what they want. But like I said the moment sjh came out and said that no proof of funds have been shown I knew straight away BZG were full of it.

Leaving all that aside they did the exact same thing at liverpool last year. When it came time to show proof of funds they couldn’t so liverpool ended negotiations.

• IrishRob

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:59 AM

Tynemouth you’re doing the exact same thing as everyone else you’re presuming bzg even got to due diligence. There is no TBA single shred of evidence to say they got anywhere except set up a fes companies which cost £100.

If they haven’t gotten as far as people think they have then there would be no need to show proof of funds. Just like everyone is reporting now, that in fact they haven’t proved proof of funds.

Why is it so hard to believe when they did this EXACT same thing to liverpool last year.