web analytics

Steve Bruce Speaks Out About Talks With Newcastle Newcastle United

The Sheffield Star has published comments made by Steve Bruce after Sheffield Wednesday’s 3-1 victory over Lincoln City in their opening preseason game.

This is what Steve Bruce has said:

“Speculation is speculation. It’s in the hands of the club.

“For me, at this particular moment, there is nothing really to talk about until the two clubs reach some sort of compromise.

“Look, it has happened so quickly that I have got to take stock of the situation,” he said. “It’s in the hands of both clubs and we will see what develops over the next 24 to 48 hours.”

These are fairly innocuous comments from Bruce but to be expected under the circumstances. The reporting that the the compensation fee is what is holding the process up seems to be accurate from these comments.

It is interesting that he starts off with a reference to speculation and then all but verifies that the reporting has been fairly accurate.

Steve also mentions the word “compromise” so that is verification that both clubs are in fact at an impasse at the moment. He also gives a little bit of an indication that he could change his mind as he states “I have got to take stock of the situation”.

He then goes on to reiterates that it is in the hands of both clubs.

We do hope that Steve comes to the conclusion that it is probably in his best interest to stay at Hillsborough. The fans seem to appreciate him and Sheffield Wednesday were expected to make a big push for promotion this year under him.

The situation on Tyneside is more toxic than it has ever been under Mike Ashley. The fans are completely done with this owner and are now starting the process of actively forcing his relinquishment of the club.

Bruce should stay as far away from it as he can. We do hope he may be wavering a bit as he may not have expected such opposition from Sheffield Wednesday owner Dejphon Chansiri or the absolute fury on Tyneside.

If anything, this extra time will give him an opportunity for some introspection and to hopefully fully comprehend the decision he is about to make.

• toon22

Jul 13, 2019 at 4:56 PM

MarkBro

Jul 13, 2019 at 4:52 PM

toon22 @133

Was that aimed at me?

• MarkBro

Jul 13, 2019 at 5:05 PM

Hopefully take stock means hes realised what a tight Cnt ashley is.

Haggling over 5mil. What will he be like come transfer time?

Hopefully Bruce will do his research on Ashley and ask a few mates their views

• MarkBro

Jul 13, 2019 at 5:06 PM

Toon22

Cool

• ArtyH

Jul 13, 2019 at 5:21 PM

I really dont give a flying one now and the folk I have spoken to recently are in accord with me on this issue.
    If the club is sold and someone new has an interest in working with the players and the city, count me in, anything else, I’m done!

• Shadow_Shearer

Jul 13, 2019 at 5:36 PM

Mike Ashleys 24 to 48 hours, is like 48 months to the fans

• Kenny

Jul 13, 2019 at 5:41 PM

If all toon supporters read this blog they would see true fans, support for the the players, the toon army, but for 12 years my life has been like shit, I can’t take much more, someone please do something to get rid of this scum bag of an owner, he is like bloody woodworm, I do hope the foundations give way and a bright future dawns, its hard to take so I’ve made my mind up NO GOING BACK UNTIL HE’S GONE

• true toon

Jul 13, 2019 at 11:18 PM

“Oh oh dear Stevie thinks he is a Geordie but he is just a stooge for mike Ashley”

• widowmagandapoke

Jul 14, 2019 at 2:18 PM

I wonder if Steve has read any of nufc blogs. If so he surely be having second thoughts. If he takes the chalice under the present regime, then I and most fans will despise him. If he came in under a new management in place I would give him the benefit of the doubt if he started doing well. However I am staying away until it changes which may not be in my lifetime which is a very depressing thought.