web analytics

Which Of These Former Premier League Managers Would You Prefer If Bruce Deal Falls Through?

With the Steve Bruce compensation fee likely being more than the accumulation of five years worth of his base yearly salary, we are not too positive on the likelihood that Steve Bruce will end up as the next manager of Newcastle United. Maybe positive is not the best term to use in this case, as we would be delighted if the deal were to fall through.

With that in mind, we have decided to create a poll for who you would prefer to be the next Newcastle manager. The criteria is that they have to have recently (within the past five years) coached in the Premier League and would not be an unreasonable selection i.e. Jose Mourinho or Arsene Wenger. We chose this criteria because that is reportedly what Mike Ashley is looking for.

While we have no idea if any of these candidates would even take the position to work under Scrooge McDuck, to the best of our knowledge none of them have publicly turned the job down. While some of these candidates have been linked to the job, some also have not. We also have a few former managers in the mix, though we admittedly understand they may be very unlikely to be asked.

The list is in alphabetical order by last name. I have made it obvious who my selection would be.

Which Of These Former Premier League Managers Would You Prefer?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:44 PM

I want Kevin Nolan with John Carver as his assistant!!!

• jazzyp

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:45 PM

jazzyp

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:43 PM

OP

If Bruce comes in then I would suggest no sale mate.Yet everything points to something happening as much as that might be me still hoping for the best.
    We have integrated players deemed surplus back into the first team which is a worry.No worthy forward at the club.Mutterings of unrest from our top players.

As it stands we are a mess and no way will we survive another season in the PL with the current crop of player

• toon22

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:47 PM

Voted for Pardue

Just for the sh1ts n giggles

What a depressing list that is

• lochinvar

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:49 PM

If the England one day cricket team were NUFC would we have the best football club in the world…..probably

• Stardust

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:51 PM

They know that 95% dont want Bruce and most really hate him because hes a mackem.

They know the crowd will turn on him and the atmosphere will be toxic.

They know that this is going to cost them with regards to gate receipts and merch sales.

And yet they are sill willing to go ahead and do it even knowing the have to pay compensation to SWFC and that because it is clearly going to turn sour they will also have to sack him and pay him off.

And yet……………..they are still willing to do it. It is beyond incredible.

When things are as bad as this why not make the worst decision you can possibly make. They are doing it. The one bloke that will make everything worse they are going to bring in.

I am astounded.

• Neil Harrison

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:52 PM

Toon22,

I know. It was depressing just listing it.

• Stardust

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:52 PM

I would rather have Pardew than Bruce

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:52 PM

Sanchez Flores by a mile !

But again there is no point if he is just going to be made to be a yes man which I don’t think Flores would want to be!

@Posada

Yep always thought they must be getting kickbacks in some way from Mondial all those rumours about Carr getting a house in France etc !

• Jib

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:55 PM

I think they should give Jail for Ashley a crack
    with Average Contents as his assistant
    Mr Tuff as CEO

• Jib

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:56 PM

and toon22 as PR

• optimistic prime

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:57 PM

Mag P

I can’t buy that Ashley has done this as a cruel thing the fairytale to hope for, he doesn’t care what we think and has given us plenty of shit windows without batting a eyelid.

I believe the BZG statements but cant work out what and why things are going as they are. The only thing that rings true is Ashley wants Kenyon to keep commercial deals.

In reality who the funk knows and that’s why it’s so annoying.

Jazzy

I’m with you pretty much. It seemed different from the outset, different than before. Now it seems same old same old.

You cant even say they’ve been caught on the hop as the club has known since May Rafa wouldn’t sign a contract.

That’s around 10 weeks ago, why hasn’t a deal been agreed to sell the club or a new manager in place.

Anyone with a bit of sense would want either sorted asap to protect their investment.

Jail

I want Joey Barton and Stan Collymore.

Both hate Ashley

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:57 PM

Anybody know which agency Joelinton or Saint Maximin are represented by?

• optimistic prime

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:00 PM

I’d take Pearson I think.

He doesn’t get much credit but he kept Leicester up the season before they won the league with a run of 8 games on the trot playing decent football. Made way for Ranieri and the rest is history.

• optimistic prime

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:01 PM

Jib

If it’s pure fantasy

Ketsbia and G2

• captainmarvel

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:02 PM

Let’s think…Have the signs gone back up in SJP?
    If not then it is very feasible that the sale is still on..
    Now the sticky bit, Bruce or a.n.other. As Ashley has made a pigs ear of getting rid of Rafa he needs a fall guy who will be cast aside when the club is sold.
    Therefore whoever the fall guy is will be paid as little as possible, step forward Brucey who if he does walk away from Wednesday will be the lowest paid Manager, (actually coach)in the Premiership.
    I know this is all conjecture but it is not out of the question is it?

• jane

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:06 PM

“I’d take Pearson I think.”

i’m the other person who voted for Pearson for the same reason 🙂

hope everyone’s enjoyed the great day of sport.

• toon22

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:06 PM

Neil Harrison

😉

• toon22

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:08 PM

Stardust

Agreed Pardue is actually a better manager lol

JIB i think you would do a better job at PR

😉

• Stardust

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:09 PM

test

• toon22

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:09 PM

vest

• optimistic prime

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:10 PM

Captain

For me if you were getting a manager in who was going to get the bullet and get compo why would you pay £5million for the pleasure, you’re taking £6million out of the club from the new owners.

The compo wouldn’t be yours to pay if you sold the club or intended too.
    You could pay more get better, you already have.

Bruce as a patsie on the cheap but it isn’t cheap doesn’t work.

I cant see why Bruce would accept so little knowing Rafa got way more, same job same targets same backing.

• toon22

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:10 PM

Jest

• optimistic prime

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:11 PM

Jane

Haha

• Stardust

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:12 PM

I hope Sports Direct FC lose every game.

I will feel sorry for the players because they think they are playing for NUFC. I will feel sorry for the fans for the same reason.

• toon22

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:13 PM

Guys

We have till next Tuesday left for the current circus to continue
    As on Wednesday, sorry ive no idea when the game is as the club seems not to care, the lies end
    The fallacy of us being a prem team able to stay in the league ends

• oldarse

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:14 PM

Pearson Can see him kicking the shit out of VAR

• Jib

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:14 PM

Perfect day of sport
    except
    I wanted Rodger the Lodger to beat Jocovic

• MarkBro

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:14 PM

Haha what a poor list, i was driven towards  Sanchez Flores, after that problem karanka

• toon kk

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:15 PM

Little point in voting, Brucey will be coming.
    Fans will soon get used to the idea.
    MA likes a sh.t yes man, he’ll get the flack instead of MA just like Pards did.

What a mess, turn your back on the club until Ashley fks off.

• MarkBro

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:15 PM

*Probably

• Jib

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:16 PM

Djokovic
    even

• Stardust

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:16 PM

lets play the ranking game.
    put these in order of who you hate the most.
    Ashley, Bruce, Charnley, Carver, Shola, Pardew.

Heres my choice

Charnley
    Bruce
    Ashley
    Shola
    Carver

I dont even hate Pardew

• Stardust

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:18 PM

When I see Ashley I almost laugh but when I see Charnley I want to smash me f****** phone

• toon kk

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:20 PM

Although C H is no world class manager, I’d have preferred him to Brucey bonus.

• RobLeenio

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:21 PM

Congrats to Hamilton

Congrats to the England cricket team

Shame on you Mike Ashley. What a shambles.

• toon22

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:22 PM

For the first time in the current sale lie we have a Wednesday deadline
    A one based in reality

Were what we can put out on a football pitch against what should be a comparative team can be seen for all,where no PR bs will hide anything

It will be there for all to see

• toon22

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:23 PM

If we get hammered the value of the club goes up in smoke
    No point in buying a memory as thats all thats left

What we used to be

• toon22

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:25 PM

And no amount of PR other the usual waffle will be able to hide it

We are a shadow of our former selves,its plausible we might never see the likes again in our lifetimes now

But hey dont protest as it wont work

• RobLeenio

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:25 PM

Any news on the protests today? I’ve been out, haven’t been able to keep an eye on what’s been transpiring.

Any updates would be welcome and appreciated.

1 2 3 5