web analytics

Which Of These Former Premier League Managers Would You Prefer If Bruce Deal Falls Through?

With the Steve Bruce compensation fee likely being more than the accumulation of five years worth of his base yearly salary, we are not too positive on the likelihood that Steve Bruce will end up as the next manager of Newcastle United. Maybe positive is not the best term to use in this case, as we would be delighted if the deal were to fall through.

With that in mind, we have decided to create a poll for who you would prefer to be the next Newcastle manager. The criteria is that they have to have recently (within the past five years) coached in the Premier League and would not be an unreasonable selection i.e. Jose Mourinho or Arsene Wenger. We chose this criteria because that is reportedly what Mike Ashley is looking for.

While we have no idea if any of these candidates would even take the position to work under Scrooge McDuck, to the best of our knowledge none of them have publicly turned the job down. While some of these candidates have been linked to the job, some also have not. We also have a few former managers in the mix, though we admittedly understand they may be very unlikely to be asked.

The list is in alphabetical order by last name. I have made it obvious who my selection would be.

Which Of These Former Premier League Managers Would You Prefer?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Genjikai

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:28 PM

Toon22
    I believe chico is a genuine friend of the toon from the usa.

• NY Mag

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:30 PM

toon22,

Most of what?
    You’ve lost me……(as usual)

• ChicoUSA

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:33 PM

Genjikai
    Thanks. I am indeed a Toon supporter from the states. Been semi-active on the blog for about 5 years now….Apparently leaving little impact on the memory of Toon22! 😉

• toon22

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:34 PM

The 120 million you commented on

😉

• NY Mag

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:35 PM

Chico,

Hiya…..you could’ve had a worse response from the shillmaster general 😀

• toon22

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:36 PM

Yes ive not been around long mostly posting about football
    It was 3 fakeovers ago i decided to post more often

Ive had it with the lies and the PR

It ends one way or another now,we want Jabba gone regardless

• ChicoUSA

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:37 PM

NY
    😀

• NY Mag

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:37 PM

toon,

Ah…I was just responding to someone else.
    Of course,I bow to your superior intellect on such business matters 🙂

• ChicoUSA

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:38 PM

toon22
    All joking aside, you are a key asset to the this blog! Keep on trucking my brother!

• toon22

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:39 PM

NY mag

I dont doubt your skill in business,far from it.You are obviously far better versed in such things than myself
    Its just that i disagree with your conclusions

I wont ever accept Jabba has been anything other than a total nightmare for us

• toon22

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:40 PM

ChicoUSA

Thanks

I was being civil with my welcome,honestly

• ChicoUSA

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:40 PM

Woe, woe and thrice woe! 😉

• ChicoUSA

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:41 PM

Toon22
    Thanks! That woe was for NY and EGBill

• toon22

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:41 PM

3 fakeovers an so many lies

How did it end up like this at the toon ?

JABBA happened

• toon22

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:42 PM

You get a change of pace with the night shift,its nice

Less swearing,its just the lies are the same

😉

• toon22

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:43 PM

And ive had it with the lies now

• ChicoUSA

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:45 PM

Ashley is a pestilence! A plague! A curse!

No lies there! 😉

• NY Mag

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:46 PM

toon22,

We seem to be veering of course from the original post – someone else mentioned spending 120M, I said that was unlikely.

Anyway, to answer your question – I don’t make any conclusions, I only try to follow the facts.
    Sometimes that adds to your agenda, sometimes it goes against it.

• toonluvva

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:50 PM

This vote is as pointless as the Peoples Vote of June 2016. Any preference will be ignored.

• Tartantoon

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:50 PM

I would genuinely prefer to have the team picked by lottery and the tactics chosen from a book of football cliches than have Steve Bruce as our manager. As for Mark Hughes, the four that voted for him should be tracked down and publicly flogged as a warning to others.

• toon22

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:51 PM

As it stands the lies end on Wednesday
    It’s where the football talks
    The club seem to hope nobody will notice as they haven’t done s thing to promote the games

It’s where the PR lies end and reality kicks in
    Roll on Wednesday

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:58 PM

I liked number 10 on the list put up by TNMW, t’other day!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:00 AM

ChicoUsa

Don’t know about you but a welcome like that from toon22 would make me very paranoid!

• NY Mag

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:02 AM

Bill,

I missed the 7pm deadline – how did the ritual go?

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:03 AM

The list is modest, should of course be better, it’s bad compared to Rafa, but the real problem as Allardyce highlighted, is the lack of control over transfers. Who ever comes in won’t get the players they need when they need them. This has never been lost on us, and surely can’t be lost on anyone coming in. Basically it’ll come down to the person they can get to do it, apparently Bruce.

I’d have gone for Moyes, Rainieri or Flores from that list, but doubtless they’d all say thanks but no thanks and probably did.

• ChicoUSA

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:07 AM

Bill
    To be honest (love that phrase!) it was a surprisingly warm welcome from toon22. I feel nothing but respect for his endurance and consistency, even if he sometimes misses the fact that folks like you, NY and many others he has called “shills” actually hate Ashley as much or more than he does!

• carltoon

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:08 AM

Don’t think the ritual went too well. Haven’t heard about Ashley’s demise yet. Bill will have to try harder. Of course we could resort to the blunt instrument.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:10 AM

Todays blog has had a very toxic feel to it, anyone who who even hints at saying anything positive about Ashlie.

ie ‘I would love to see MA dragged through the streets by a team of rabid horses’ the act of putting love in the same sentence automatically make you a PR/ Ashlie lover to be set upon by the resident inquisitor and his acolytes.

• ChicoUSA

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:11 AM

Nice one Carltoon!

• carltoon

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:12 AM

Bill I just mostly read now. It’s become hostile.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:15 AM

NY Mag

I carried out my ritual burning of the Magical Sigil at 1900 hours as I said I would, have seen no other feedback from anyone else although i did get 3 hearts ( last time I looked).

I’m prepared to do my bit as best I can, I’ve even said I’d be prepared to join in the last leg of the march that Jail is proposing, time and commitments permitting.

• TyneMouth

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:16 AM

On the theme of following the facts, ( thank you NY Mag);

How many of the so-called ‘Facts’ are true?

+++ is there / or was there, ever a take over bid from BZG?

+++ who authorised the Perez transfer?

+++ why have NUFC never acknowledged their position related to the supposed take-over?

+++ who informed the local media the salary and contractual details of Judas Bruce’s future contract with NUFC?

+++ why have none of the parties involved in the takeover shenanigans so far, denied, acknowledged, or contradicted the published speculation?

There are many more questions to ask, many, many more.

What we need, desperately, is ‘Truthful’ answers!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:17 AM

By the way for anyone who didn’t see it the number 10 on TNMW list was err!

• NY Mag

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:18 AM

Carltoon,

It’s lovely to hear your soothing voice (words) again….there been days of never ending vitriol, which doesn’t do our fan base any favors.

• carltoon

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:18 AM

Not one word from the club. WHY.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:19 AM

If you’re the18th richest club in the world, despite not having won a decent bit of silverware in 50 years, and nothing domestically for 65, then you are obligated and can afford to go after a Rafa or similar calibre manager and give him the tools to win something. It’s like we’ve existed in a vacuum for a dozen years. Normal rules of engagement just don’t apply. Such a tough job, and so we always need the best manager we can get, but it’s pointless if he’s never given what’s required to win.

• TyneMouth

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:19 AM

Something is happenin’ I don’t know what it is, but…

• carltoon

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:21 AM

Ah! Well I still read every day and night. It’s just so disheartening. I wish Rafa was still here missing him already

• NY Mag

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:23 AM

Bill,

If you got three hearts then the world must be OK mate……….BTW, what’s the coundrdown to our first pre-season match?

This is d-day for toon22………..

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:24 AM

carltoon

Magic unfortunately isn’t an instant fix, it does work but not always as you hope it will, it’s a bit like trying to get an object to move, initially nothing but once it starts it can become unstoppable.

That’s what I’m hoping for, it is just another slight force to add to the others being proposed including the boycott.