web analytics

Report – Rondon To Join Rafa At Dalian Yifang

Assistant News Editor of Sky Sports Lyall Thomas has tweeted out the following information in an exclusive report on the future of Salomon Rondon.

The report does not disclose the fee but does mention Rondon’s £16.5m release clause.

It will be interesting to see if West Brom were able to get the entire release fee from Dalian Yifang as most English teams were reluctant to pay that amount for a player approaching 30 with just one year remaining on his contract.

He will reunite with Rafa Benitez once personal terms are agreed. Rafa Benitez has gotten off to a great start with the Chinese club.

He has won his first three games and his team have scored three goals in all of them.

The addition of Rondon should certainly add to the firepower up front. Though current striker Emmanual Boateng, who is a Ghanaian international, has 4 goals in the 3 games since Benitez arrived.

• toon22

Jul 15, 2019 at 6:16 PM

I would feel sad if both of them never came back from China

Ever

• Tsunki

Jul 15, 2019 at 6:17 PM

No doubt about it this is Mike’s Big Punt.

Then he will win. Then he will know that no insult is too great for him to bestow on us, and he will know he can do whatever he pleases and we will do as we are told and cough up our money.

• toon22

Jul 15, 2019 at 6:17 PM

Hiya KBA

Who do you think Jabba will pretend to sell us to next time?

• jane

Jul 15, 2019 at 6:23 PM

“He’s gambling that we will swallow down this whole charade and eventually fall in line.”

a lot of that gamble depends on results.

• danishmag

Jul 15, 2019 at 6:26 PM

I honestly believe that some fans out there, are so far out now, that Ashleys life could be in danger.. I personally wouldn’t do anything physically to harm the man, but i am pretty sure that he has pissed so many fans of now, that someone could be able to so something.

I must say, that i do not encourage other to do it, but on the other hand i would not cry about it.

Just beeing honest here.

• Mindshaft

Jul 15, 2019 at 6:27 PM

Tsunki – I agree, buy a couple of players , get Bruce to talk a lot and become fall guy , rinse, repeat
    I can’t believe commentators and media pundits pulling out the he’s a Geordie line like we’re some inbred mongrels that will only support our own … I don’t care where he’s from, he’s a 2nd rate manager and at away games I’ll definitely be singing cheer up Stevie Bruce, oh what can it mean …

• Mindshaft

Jul 15, 2019 at 6:30 PM

Danishmag – I don’t think many people in Newcastle, shareholders or people in the city of London would be too upset at the news of fattys death – can imagine a few parties though

• DubaiMicky

Jul 15, 2019 at 6:30 PM

I reckon we’ve got an Oyston on our hands guys. And that doesn’t please me to have to say it.

• Toon Cat

Jul 15, 2019 at 6:32 PM

I think tsunki #42 makes a good point about Ashley gambling. That’s an absolutely fundamental part of his character that often gets over-looked when people are trying to make sense of Ashley’s actions. He is an inveterate, high-stakes gambler and he is cushioned from the effects of his recklessness by his vast wealth in a way most hard-core gamblers aren’t.

• Bigjim67

Jul 15, 2019 at 6:33 PM

I don’t have an ST and because of work commitments i don’t get to many matches(i got to see 5 home matches last season). My son has said he still wants to go to matches this season which is up to him but i really don’t want to go to any, I’m not looking forward to the season. As for old cabbage heed as the new manager, i won’t support him. Hated him as mackem manager and will hate him more as nufc manager.
    Hate myself for saying this, but i really don’t care if we go down.
    Pi##ed off doesn’t even come close.

• MidlandsMag

Jul 15, 2019 at 6:44 PM

Hibbitt@24

I am on the 10 year deal but will not be attending the games. I will keep it until Jan/Feb when it can be cancelled (unless a takeover miraculusly happens).

• nufcalex

Jul 16, 2019 at 1:51 AM

Cannit wait for Bruce to give colback a new 5 year deal….