web analytics

Michael Chopra Does Not Disappoint In TalkSPORT Interview

Yesterday we had a report out about Michael Chopra’s pending appearance on talkSPORT.

Well, he certainly did not disappoint and finally, we hear someone who tells it like it is with regards to Mike Ashley.

TalkSPORT has sent out a tweet with some highlights of the conversation with Michael.

We were especially pleased with and agree with Michael Chopra’s sentiments in regard to the pending appointment of Steve Bruce.

This is what Michael has said about Bruce:

“It’s a tough one for him. He’s like myself, a Newcastle fan, a Geordie, and you want to be back home.

“Steve will always be thinking he’s the right man for the job and why not, you have got to have confidence in yourself.

“But if it doesn’t go right he’s thinking ‘what if I’d stayed at Sheffield Wednesday, we were on the verge of the play-offs last year and could have had a chance this year’.

“It could all backfire.

“If you’re in Steve Bruce’s shoes, a Newcastle fan, and Newcastle comes calling, you’re going to take the job.

“On the other side, the fans don’t want him. It’s hard, they’ve gone from Rafa Benitez, a world-class manager and one of the best in Europe, to – and no disrespect to Steve Bruce – but he’s a mediocre Championship manager now, he’s not good enough for the Premier League, especially not Newcastle United.

“That’s what’s been most disappointing for the fans. There’s been talk of Mourinho, Vieira, all these big names, and now they’ve gone to Bruce. I don’t even think he was their first job, Allardyce was, and now they’ve had to go to Brucey.”

That is exactly correct. Barring the classless way Bruce has left Sheffield Wednesday, Michael Chopra is spot on with his comments on Bruce.

We all understand his motivation in taking the job and don’t doubt his intentions. He is just not good enough. He is a “mediocre Championship manager”.

The biggest revelation came about Michael’s claim that he had put the club in contact with a buyer from Saudi Arabia. Michael mentioned this after stating the widely held opinion that Ashley does not want to sell the club.

This is what he said about the alleged buyer:

“I found a guy in Saudi Arabia at the end of last year who was very interested in buying the club.

“We spoke to Lee Charnley and he put us in touch with Andrew Henderson, Mike Ashley’s lawyer.

“We called him up, we wanted the mandate from Andrew Henderson to speak to the guy in Saudi about buying the club. Andrew Henderson said if he’s got that much money, is a royal out there, tell him to fly to London to see me.

“From that, I get that they don’t really want to sell the club. They wouldn’t give a mandate to someone who has found a buyer for the club.”

These are stunning claims and if he can provide further evidence, it would be a damning indictment of Mike Ashley.

We have long held the belief that Mike Ashley does not want to sell the club because it is a perfect situation for him as long as he is in the Premier League.

He gets the advertising for Sports Direct that he craves and with the high TV revenues, there is little chance of him having to worry about the financial health of the club.

Michael Chopra did a fine job today as a Geordie and we commend him for his willingness to speak on behalf of the fans of Newcastle United.

• toon22

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:34 AM

You can be sure Chopra will be remembered by us once Jabba,and his goons are gone

Hiya KBA

• toon22

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:34 AM

He has no intention of ever selling the club

• one fine day

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:36 AM

Chops stood tall while shoala n Nolan bottled it
    Well said

• IrishRob

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:36 AM

What a HERO!! I was thinking he was gonna be paid off by Ashley to do a Kevin nolan on it, luckily Chopra has integrity and decency.

• DubaiMicky

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:38 AM

Hope he didn’t put a bet on Allardyce/Jose etc…

• Captain AmeriMag

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:40 AM

Get in Chops Son!!

Hopefully he’s the first of many to speak out against Ashley, the more ex-players and public Geordie figures speaking out the more chance we have of the rest of the country taking notice

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:40 AM

Bill’s son is back,
    You say you want rid of Ashley, what are you planning on doing about it?

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:40 AM

To all you accusing me of being in Ashley’s awe…

This is what I’ve posted twice on her now.

Tell me what you disagree with…

Optimistic Panda said that Ashley has publicly stated nobody gets to see NUFC’s books without providing proof of funds. I’ve never seen that statement and when I asked him for proof – he was the one that made the statement of fact – he gob$hited his way out of it.

He then said he didn’t agree with most of post…

AND THEN REFUSES TO SAY WHAT ELSE HE DISAGREES WITH??

And he calls ME a straw man – you couldn’t make it up.

So come, these are my opinions – WHAT DON’T YOU AGREE WITH??

Let’s summarise what I’ve said since I came back on here;

I want Ashley out (for about the 50th time)

He has no ambition other than staying in the Prem

I’ve supported the club since 1960 as a 7 year old

I have far greater ambitions and hopes for NUFC in my lifetime

I’m desperate to see us win a domestic trophy – 59 years of support and I’m still waiting

Ashley wants to sell but won’t for less than £350M

I now believe that BZG never provided proof of funds

I don’t think with massive Sky money, hugely inflated transfer fees that give our squad a value of £100M+, and 52,000 fans that an asking price of £350M is ridiculous – and defo not for a true billionaire.

My reality check opinions;

The only greatness we can claim as a club is our support

52,000 sell out crowds for a club that has won nowt domestically for 64 years is proof of that

However – greatness in football terms is not finishing 2nd in the Prem, being losing FA Cup finalists or qualifying for the Champs League

I think fans who accept the above as greatness are deluding themselves

As a fan I’ll never accept 2nd as being great – I want us to WIN SOMETHING

I support a boycott but I won’t be attending – I’ll be at the match

I don’t support a blockade of supporters going to the Arsenal game – there will be violence and possible massive come backs from the FA for the club.

I think complaint letters to the FA will make us a bigger laughing stock among other clubs fans than we are now.
    I don’t want Bruce as manager but I’ll give him a chance to prove me wrong

And finally – NO WAY WILL I EVER ACCEPT,THINK OR BELIEVE THAT RELEGATION IS A GOOD THING.

• one fine day

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:41 AM

Alan Brazil looks like he should be at least wired up to some sort of monitor ?
    A long way from winning the uefa under sir Bobby !:)

• Tony Baloney

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:43 AM

Explain what you said before Mund?

Your uncle said the BZG – NUFC deal was done 3 weeks ago?

Same as Dubious Micky and what he said 3 months ago.

#jokers

• Mindshaft

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:45 AM

Just look at the facts
    Is Ashley stealing actual cash from the club ( well it’s his club so no)
    Has this summer been a total disaster (yes)
    Has Bruce been a complete failure everywhere he’s been ( yes)
    Did Rafa play great football (no)
    Did he bring the fans, team and Newcastle in general together in support of the toon (yes)
    Has there been any communication from the owner or chairman to the fans ( no, NADA, zilch, nothing)
    Do they have any ambition beyond avoiding relegation (no)
    Will we try for a cup run (no)
    Has Ashley been voted worst premiership owner by numerous media ( not voted on by toon fans) yes
    Are the fans feeling completely alienated by the club they live (yes)
    Have we list all hope ( yes)

I’m afraid these are facts and the only positive that you can add us that we have only been relegated twice in Ashley’s tenure of 12 years, albeit it looks like we will make it number 3 this season ( as against never in previous 12 years pre Ashley)

On a side note – Chopra who was average for toon has told it like it is … I’ll always like him for (purposely :)) missing an almost open goal against us while playing for mackems – they gave him a ton of stick for that ?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:45 AM

JFA.

GMAFB:

Give me a fckin break.

The JFA march is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

I WILL EXPLAIN LATER.

• one fine day

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:47 AM

Tony beloney ,
    Pull your head in .
    Your getting too wound up here .
    It’s football tony ..just football .
    Your now on here for five minutes and calling someone you have never met but supports the same team as you a c@nt. ?
    Let that sink in a bit eh ?

• Mindshaft

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:49 AM

Bills entitled to his view as is anybody else – frankly I don’t give a monkeys if you disagree with mine – it’s the internet for god’s sake …
    Tony – we get it mate, what’s the point of giving former itks a hard time

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:49 AM

TB,
    Yes you, would it be stupid if it raised 10K for good causes?

• optimistic prime

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:51 AM

Oldarse

I see what you mean about TB

• Tony Baloney

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:52 AM

JFA: you haven’t raised a penny yet.

• one fine day

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:55 AM

Tony b
    The only thing you seem capable of raising is a glass the way your carrying on here

• oldarse

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:55 AM

optimistic prime they are a couple of NUTTERS, my friend IGNORE.

• Markaccus

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:55 AM

The idea of JFAs March is to raise money for people with poor working conditions and are in poverty because of sh1t wages et.c, all while putting the plight of NUFC in the limelight. If people see NUFC fans protesting Mike while also raising cash for his and others like hims victims, they’d get behind it. Can’t see why it’s such a daft idea?

• oldarse

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:57 AM

Balooney BECAUSE IT HASNT STARTED YET DICK BRAIN.

• optimistic prime

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:57 AM

Bills.

Stop with your BS

I answered several times and others posted several links that you choose to ignore.

I’ve asked you several times if the BZG statements aren’t true why hasn’t Ashley responded.

You still refuse to answer, why is that?

I’ve answered you as have others yet you squirm with your lies and mis direction.

Answer the question.

• Stardust

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:58 AM

Daniel Going
    ?

@DanielGoing
    Follow Follow @DanielGoing
    Saw a jet landing at NCL this morning, tail no. M-USIC. James Ratcliffe owns it, flew in from Geneva this morning. Jim was reportedly interested in a #NUFCtakover after failed bids from from Amanda Stavely & Peter Kenyon May be nothing, but there just might be something! #NUFC

• Stardust

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:58 AM

Its back on lads

#cans

• Tony Baloney

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:02 PM

Not true. Equating a hunger march in 1936 with a march against Ashley in 2019?

• one fine day

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:02 PM

And with that latest bit of flight tracker ….
    Early start in the morning
    Later boys n girls
    Play nice eh?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:03 PM

Oldarse: do not insult me. I don’t insult you although it would be very easy to do it.

• Markaccus

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:04 PM

Many of Ashley’s employees have to use food banks because of zero hour contracts. The sentiment is the same even if the severity is not.

• sam down south

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:06 PM

Bill son – agree with most of your points but i don’t get how you can decide the club is worth £350million because: (a) no previous buyer and their associated lawyers and accountants feel it’s worth what Assly is asking for, and (b) we don’t know what Assly is selling – I suspect he is asking for £350million but has added that he wants to keep all the Shite Direct pitch advertising for +10years. Would you buy a house for the asking price if the seller suddenly says he wants to keep the garden!

If it’s not sold after 4 years then simply put Assly is selling it at a price and with strings attached that no one can agree to. Happy for you to go to the match – would be even happier if you could cover up the Shite Direct advertising as I suspect this is why Assly doesn’t want to sell. If 52,000 people wanted to knock over the advertising before the match it might make Assly take notice of the fans.

• oldarse

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:09 PM

Come on BALOONEY try

• oldarse

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:10 PM

Remember your just 20 miles from me dipstick

• IrishRob

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:11 PM

Blockading the Arsenal fans, that’s a brilliant idea its terrible to stop other people from supporting their team but it’s a bloody Brilliant idea, that gets front page news easily, and leaves the stadium even emptier. But most of all it will get us fined left right and centre by the FA. NOW THATS HOS TO GIVE ASHLEY A HEADACHE!!

The only problem is it’s hard to see how it wouldn’t erupt in violence though 🙁

• Rob1971

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:14 PM

Stardust if Daniel had that on twitter he has removed it, it no longer exists

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:14 PM

Beaten Op,

I’ve never seen the links – but I’ll say your right on the POF.

So now – take your own medicine and tell me what the ‘most’ of my post is you disagree with.

GO ON – ANSWER.

• optimistic prime

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:15 PM

It’s getting canny bad when people are throwing mud at a charitable event.

You may not agree with the reasoning behind it but any money raised would be helpful to those in need.

Disgraceful to knock somebody trying to help others less fortunate.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:15 PM

Abe Simpson (Oldarse) What are you talkng about?

• IrishRob

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:18 PM

Optimistic…… #22 Maybe a reason Ashley hasn’t responded is because he wants to use the situation to run down the clock on the transfer window so he doesnt have to spend money. He can turn around and say we didn’t have time with the potential takeover.

So by not denying it publicly he can still use it as an excuse to why he doesn’t have time to spend money in the transfer window. Did you ever think of that maybe??

• oldarse

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:18 PM

Blockading the Arsenal fans a Bad idea we have no right to do that it’s not their fault we’re in this sh*te

• BenbulbenMag

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:18 PM

Folks

The WUMS, SHILLS, PR PLANTS and MACKEM SHIT STIRRERS are currently out in force on the blog. Take a leaf out of Toon22 ‘s page and do not let them get you hot under the collar. Respond to them if you want but do not let them drag you down to their level of stupidity. Their experience at that low level will beat you every time. Poke fun at them and their ridiculous assertions instead.

All True Fans can see through them very easily. To quote a famous line from Hamlet “The lady doth protest too much, methinks”

Chopra was the first real interview I’ve heard where the truth was spoken. A$hlie is a cancer on the club. (This is not an expression that I use lightly. Apart from the fact that Ed is battling courageously through it, I’m sure it has affected every single person on this blog in some form or another.

But make no mistake, that is exactly what A$hlie is. Cancer. An utterly reprehensible sociopath. We will not be sidetracked, we will not be derailed. His reign of misery needs to stop.

Whether that happens via a takeover or by us dropping through the leagues to flush him out of our system, we will not be deterred.

A$h lie out.

• optimistic prime

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:18 PM

Bill’s

How am I beaten when its you who wont answer?

I’m not repeating myself for a cretin like you who has no interest in looking at info that doesnt back up their position.

Go back and look.