web analytics

Report – Fabian Schar “Proposed” To AC Milan

There were reports yesterday attributed to Calcio Mercato journalist Pietro Balzano Prota that Fabian Schar’s agent was in contact with AC Milan over a proposed move.

Today Calcio Mercato are again reporting that Fabian Schar may be on the way to the Northern Italian club.

However, the report is very strange in that is states Fabian was proposed to Milan for €15m. Now it is not clear if Newcastle have offered to sell the Swiss international or if it’s his agent that is allegedly trying to engineer a move. It seems to us to be neither of these.

The report starts out talking about Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren and Leipzig defender Dayot Upamecano being targets for Milan. It then adds that Schar has been added as a potential target.

This is what the report says:

According to what has been learned by calciomercato.com, in the meeting a few days ago with the CEO of SportsTotal, there was not only talk about Dayot Upamecano, but also another defender: Fabian Schär.

The Swiss defender currently plays for Newcastle and just like Upamecano, he was also proposed to Milan. His price tag is set at around €15m, and he’s not considered unsellable by the English side.

Now the operative word here is “proposed” and what does it mean in this context. As this is a translation, it could just mean that Fabian’s name came up as a suggestion in a meeting and that has leaked out.

Fabian Schar– Newcastle’s ball-playing defender

Some outlets are running with the notion that Newcastle have offered Fabian Schar to AC Milan for €15m and their new manager Marco Giampaolo will soon make a decision. However, the outlet they site for this is TuttoSport who just has a list of potential targets and lists Fabian’s name without any additional details.

The original report in Calcio Mercato has Upamecano as the target most preffered by Giampaolo with Schar being a back up plan. It also states that Giampaolo will make the ultimate decision but adds that a move for Upamecano may be thwarted due to his high price tag.

We don’t believe that Fabian Schar was offered to AC Milan for €15m as he is easily worth three times that amount. With Harry Maguire and Lewis Dunk going for £80m and £45m respectively, we can’t see Mike Ashley willing to offload Fabian for so little.

This looks like some press in Italy have expounded upon a leak from an AC Milan meeting and added some details that may not be accurate.

However, we have no doubt that AC Milan would be interested in Schar as he would be an excellent signing for them. We just hope that nothing comes of this as Fabian is fast becoming a Newcastle star.

• Shoulders knees

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:21 PM

No thanks

• bettyswallocks

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:24 PM

Steve cabbage heed Bruce is past his sell by date and not what we should be looking at in any way. He is a retired vegetable in denial. A has bean.

• optimistic prime

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:24 PM

It doesn’t matter so much not having a manager but we’ll really struggle without a squad.

• Shoulders knees

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:25 PM

Betty

The stench of out of date cabbage fills me with dread

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:25 PM

Cheers Jib,
    The next Mike Williamson,
    Could you look in to that a bit more for me please.

• jazzyp

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:26 PM

15 million Euros when Dunk’s going to Leicester for 45 million…Haha don’t think so Edd

• optimistic prime

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:28 PM

I wonder who’ll spend the least in the league this year, I reckon it’ll be tight between us and Chelsea.

• Shoulders knees

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:31 PM

OP
    Chelsea spent 40 million
    We have only spent 4 so far, only three weeks left in window never enough time for pencils to sign anyone best we can hope for is a loan 😉

• lochinvar

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:33 PM

Maybe Steve Bruce didn’t appear at Wednesdays friendly tonight because he’s been suspended from duties for gross misconduct.

Now that would be poetic justice

• Jib

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:33 PM

Jail
    You are asking for more than 5 weeks out of folks
    lives – a hell of a commitment.
    In 1936 the poor beggars were out of work with time on their hands.
    Then they got a brilliant sympathetic response from folk all along the
    route with great acts of generosity on their way.
    A token march on certain sections of the route may be the way to go this time
    (with maximum media coverage of course)

• Stardust

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:37 PM

Munster are you a geordie and living in the toon?
    If not thats maybe why you dont see logic in hating bruce etc.
    Im not being offensive by the way. Its just that I hate mackems and all my mates do too. We’ve grown up with it.
    However if you weren’t from here theres a good chance you wouldnt have the same feelings towards them.

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:39 PM

So I was talking football with my Dad today and obviously conversation turned towards Billboard FC.

He said to me “Is there a bigger Tw@ than MA?”

I answered no, but I’m starting to rethink that.

• oldarse

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:39 PM

Jib could be split a week then the next shift takes over all meet up at final destination

• Stardust

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:39 PM

I’ll guarantee Bruce will regret ever being their manager and the way he behaved.
    Well it’s too late. I dont forgive people like that. And I think most geordies will feel the same way

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:43 PM

Jail,
    seems they didnt walk the whole distance. cars transported them a number of times for 30 miles or so

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:49 PM

stardust,
    I dont think the problem is Bruce managing Sunderland for many, it’s the fact he is the embodiment of everything that has gone wrong with this club over the last 10 years or so. He represents 12 years of Pardews & McLarens, Wises and JFKs and doing things on the cheap with no results. A lot of people thought after BEnitez he might have learnt his lesson about employing losers, but here we are again and this time I for one don’t want to accept a single moment of it.

• Our Toon

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:50 PM

Stardust

Isnt bruce a toon fan? I pretty sure he is.

Have you ever celebrated a goal scored by colback whilst he played for the toon? I’d hazard a guess and say yes……even after he told us to shut up when he scored for the unwashed at SJP. So what’s the difference?

We’ve all applauded Chopra for saying it how it is on talksport, he also played for them aswell as us. Do we dispise him?

Bottom line is the anger and frustration should always be directed at Ashley, bruce if offered is going to take the job as its a no brainer for him. I dont want him but I dont hate him for Ashley and charnley decision making

• optimistic prime

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:50 PM

23 days till the windows closes not that it matters of course

• Shoulders knees

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:57 PM

Think someone told penfold it’s already closed

• Stardust

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:58 PM

yes mike Williamson I understand. but its also the mackem thing for me. with ashley being owner it doesnt really matter who comes in as we wont achieve anything. so I would have felt the same whether it was bruce, pulis, JFK etc. But they went and got the one mackem traitor who most of us cant stand.

And Our Toon with regards to him being a Toon fan, he says he is but I see him holding mackem scarf and cheering them etc etc. I dont forgive that.

And yes Colback, Chopra, Clark etc are not at the top of my fav players having played for them.

Im not arguing with you personally of course. I understand what you mean and respect that. Just for me I hate Sunderland with a passion. Nowt I can do about that.

• Tsunki

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:59 PM

Munster I am not pretending that I am the great social commentator at all, in fact just a gatherer of the collective thought of honest Mags who actually have first hand contact of the club and the region. Judging by your sole self-awarded heart it would appear you are more out of touch than anyone can imagine from a foul mouthed petty child of the Emerald Isle. Don’t get me pegged about being anti Irish either, I’ve toured your land a few years ago, great country and met some fantastic people. But sadly you’re not one of them you bilious plug. Go bother someone else with your flaky and frankly wrong, off skew and misguided ideas. No sale here.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:59 PM

steve bruce’s signings at sunderland. mostly old players near the end of their careers, ex man utd players & latin american flops

• Stardust

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:59 PM

I also hate cabbage heeds so it runs even deeper for me

• IrishRob

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:59 PM

Hes worth 40m they should hold out for 17-18m smh. Who even cares anymore sell them all off you fat blob of utter shít

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:00 PM

fair dos stardust

• Tsunki

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:01 PM

And Ballooney my sweet, let’s not fight in front of the kids it’s not fair on them, we know we love each other so we should be able to put our squabbles aside for their sake. Tell you what honey, why don’t I cook your favourite? Frites Avec Fromages, you know you can’t resist it. Whaddta say? Forgive and forget? 😉

• Stardust

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:03 PM

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:03 PM

aye those cabbage heeds have got a lot to answer for

• optimistic prime

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:03 PM

Dear night shift,

Enjoy the peace.

• lochinvar

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:04 PM

Stardust
    Bruce is now tarnished goods and NUFC shouldn’t touch him with a barge pole.

Charnley and Bruce are well matched like Toad and Ratty from the River Bank

• Tony Baloney

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:05 PM

Tsunki (sucky): I say shove your cheesy chips up your arse and condescend to someone else.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:06 PM

On a positive note, at least it’s not Dennis Wise with Lee Catermole & Sounness as assistants. We should be grateful it’s only Bruce.

• Tsunki

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:07 PM

I would Tony but I’m running out of options. We seem to be growing apart. I think we should hold it together for the kids sake though.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:08 PM

The Collective. Tsunki. Jail for Ashley. Lesh.

The idiot: Dubious Mickey

And who knows what: Abe Simpson

• Tsunki

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:09 PM

Steve Bruce and his “team” is akin to having Peeta Reeeed Monkey heeeed with Sewpakev as coaching assistant and Micky Gray academy chief.

• Tsunki

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:10 PM

Tony darling – you forgot Jib. He’s part of the collective remember sweetie?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:11 PM

Stan Boardman should start writing your jokes Tsunki as he would be the only one to write worse.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:12 PM

I didn’t forget Jib.

• Moonraker15

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:12 PM

If your son had a chance to sign professional forms for Sunderland and no other club was interested, would you stop him?
    There have been loads of players who played for both clubs. Bob Stokoe is a toon legend of the fifties and we know what he did at Sunderland in 1973.
    For me it’s not the Sunderland connection with Bruce but the fact that he’s a second rate manager following a world class one!
    Stop the Mackem shit ffs. They’re irrelevant to our present plight which Ashley has once again created!

• ToonRich

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:12 PM

TRY HARDER Newcastle news: Simon Jordan explains why Mike Ashley is struggling to sell the club
    The former Crystal Palace chairman believes the Magpies owner has set an unreasonable price

Source: talksport!!