web analytics

Report – Fabian Schar “Proposed” To AC Milan

There were reports yesterday attributed to Calcio Mercato journalist Pietro Balzano Prota that Fabian Schar’s agent was in contact with AC Milan over a proposed move.

Today Calcio Mercato are again reporting that Fabian Schar may be on the way to the Northern Italian club.

However, the report is very strange in that is states Fabian was proposed to Milan for €15m. Now it is not clear if Newcastle have offered to sell the Swiss international or if it’s his agent that is allegedly trying to engineer a move. It seems to us to be neither of these.

The report starts out talking about Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren and Leipzig defender Dayot Upamecano being targets for Milan. It then adds that Schar has been added as a potential target.

This is what the report says:

According to what has been learned by calciomercato.com, in the meeting a few days ago with the CEO of SportsTotal, there was not only talk about Dayot Upamecano, but also another defender: Fabian Schär.

The Swiss defender currently plays for Newcastle and just like Upamecano, he was also proposed to Milan. His price tag is set at around €15m, and he’s not considered unsellable by the English side.

Now the operative word here is “proposed” and what does it mean in this context. As this is a translation, it could just mean that Fabian’s name came up as a suggestion in a meeting and that has leaked out.

Fabian Schar– Newcastle’s ball-playing defender

Some outlets are running with the notion that Newcastle have offered Fabian Schar to AC Milan for €15m and their new manager Marco Giampaolo will soon make a decision. However, the outlet they site for this is TuttoSport who just has a list of potential targets and lists Fabian’s name without any additional details.

The original report in Calcio Mercato has Upamecano as the target most preffered by Giampaolo with Schar being a back up plan. It also states that Giampaolo will make the ultimate decision but adds that a move for Upamecano may be thwarted due to his high price tag.

We don’t believe that Fabian Schar was offered to AC Milan for €15m as he is easily worth three times that amount. With Harry Maguire and Lewis Dunk going for £80m and £45m respectively, we can’t see Mike Ashley willing to offload Fabian for so little.

This looks like some press in Italy have expounded upon a leak from an AC Milan meeting and added some details that may not be accurate.

However, we have no doubt that AC Milan would be interested in Schar as he would be an excellent signing for them. We just hope that nothing comes of this as Fabian is fast becoming a Newcastle star.

• Tsunki

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:14 PM

If I’m part of the collective what group is Tony, Bill and Munster in? That’s a pretty exclusive club!

• Tsunki

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:16 PM

I believe Schar is pretty odds on to go before long but definitely a lot more than a poxy €15m.

• Stardust

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:18 PM

#39

“If your son had a chance to sign professional forms for Sunderland and no other club was interested, would you stop him?”

I wouldnt have to he hates them more than me and thats saying something.

• Tsunki

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:19 PM

Munster will be there at the Arsenal game in spirit, glued to the box, cheering Bruce on to successfully bettering that Charlatan Spaniards record and willing Ginger Jack forward into the box for the winning strike as we hammer the Gunners with our fluid exciting footballing style and masterstroke tactics.

• Tramp

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:20 PM

Report – Fabian Schar “Proposed” To AC Milan

Fabian “AC, will you marry me?”

AC Milan “Schar thing!”

And they lived happily ever after.

• Stardust

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:21 PM

can we all stop with the ‘stop making it about mackems’ sh1t.
    Its not everything but it has to be factored into it. This is NUFC FFS.
    Well its MAFC now but you know what I mean.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:21 PM

Yes, you are part of The Collective Tsunki.

Lesh, who wants to drive anybody new off here and wants to be Alpha Dog.

Jail for Ashley who is trying to set up a march for next May FFS.

Bobbybe and Jib who change their tune to be part of The Collective.

• Tsunki

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:22 PM

Quite frankly if my son could only attract the interest of s*”de&£@nd I’d tell him to get a job at Burger King.

• Stardust

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:22 PM

Tsunki you forgot Sewppa Stevey Agnuuuuuuu

• Tsunki

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:26 PM

White flag waving here Tony, coming out of the trench on crimbo eve here.

What’s your aim then? Straightforward question. What’s the problem at nufc right now and what in your opinion will fix it?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:26 PM

Hiya Jib.

You total google hypocrite.

• Stardust

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:27 PM

Lets say I had a weird son who actually said he would play for 5under1and. I would tell him not only would he be unwelcome in my hoose but also unwelcome in Newcastle and a traitor to Geordies. He can go and stay at Brucey’s hoose with Sewppa Stevey Agnew, and Ginger Fuzznut and drink blue pop.

• Munster Mag

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:29 PM

Stardust i take your point that i am not a geordie. That said i hate them too but not in the same way. I have travelled aal awa england with newcastle and was granted honourary geordie status after a whopping weekends drinking and support when we beat the dentally challenged inbreds many years ago at st james’. That said, as much as we all hate ashley (and that includes billson too as far as i can see) i will give bruce the opportunity and will criticise as and when. i did the same for rafa and have never been forgiven but i stick by the points. If bruce played Newcastle v sunderland (mitro goal 6 mins from time in a woeful effort by us against our rivals, at home, in a six pointer) the way rafa did, he would be hung. And rightly so, although criticism of rafa wasnt allowed, hilariously. So i’ll give bruce a chance although its a shocking appointment by fats. Hard to believe. I just dont see the benefit of turning on the manager as it will get us nowhere fast.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:29 PM

What are you talking about Tsunki?

• Moonraker15

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:29 PM

Stardust
    That’s not the question. If they were the only club offering him a pro contract would he sign it? I think he probably would!

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:30 PM

Chopra spoke on talksport as everybody knows but I heard this guy about 6.20pm in the car. Anthony, Geordie toon fan. Worth listening too, talks about boycott, Bruce, Ashley and even paddling pool ice baths.

Forward it to about 6.23pm on the link I’ve posted. Only about 5 mins long.

• welshgeordie9

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:30 PM

Tony

Cheer up.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:30 PM

We don’t hate the Mackems, it’s just that they make us feel uncomfortable. There but for the grace of God and stuff.

I have a theory about Bruce. I think he’s convinced the club needs him. And with 3 weeks till the window closes, and no other manager wanting a bar of it, he might be right.

• Moonraker15

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:31 PM

Stardust @52
    You’re pathetic mate!

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:32 PM

Jail
    What’s this talk of you planning a march? I’d be interested in joining. Good that we can highlight issues with sports direct and bring Nufc issues to attention.

I like this idea.

Ashley brought us to promote sports direct so until that changes or is affected, he won’t sell imo.

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:33 PM

Bought*

• Munster Mag

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:33 PM

Tsunki you have a group of one. The sly lying bastard boring tarquin lecturer group. ” Now stewdents this is no longwa a football club is it”? Muppet.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:34 PM

Tsunki: I have said a couple of times that you and Lesh and Jail for Ashley have an agenda to bully, boor and bulls!t everybody else off here because you are bullies, boors, bullsh!tters and bores.

• Stardust

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:34 PM

Moonraker,
    I understand what you mean mate.
    My son wouldnt. But if it was for lots of money and he changed his mind he would also understand he would be a traitor.
    So Bruce is on his way but he has to understand he has been a traitor and just about everyone I know will not be giving him a chance even if he does OK which I doubt it.
    And that is just what makes the appointment even more ludicrous. They know he is hated and will be turned on.Its madness.

But respect to you I know what you mean.

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:36 PM

Notice a few local ‘journalists’ saying that they feel joelinton will be signed once Bruce is completed. If anyone has twitter can you please ask them if they have actually been paying attention these past 12 years? See Alassane Plea last year around season ticket time.

If you would be so kind to tell them they are stupid, clueless, idiots who make all sport journalists look bad. If they disagree they can come see me on here.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:37 PM

And don’t get me started on Dubious Mickey Mouse Club.

• Stardust

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:37 PM

Moonraker there’s no need for that

• welshgeordie9

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:40 PM

everyone need to calm down

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:40 PM

Tsunki.

Your another one who is all gob and calls a kettle black.

I ask you a simple question – can’t answer.

But boy can you read your own bilious plug (to quote you) bigoted opinions into anybody’s post you disagree with.

There’s nobody thicker than someone who thinks he is a smart ar$e.

Join Beaten Optimistic, Robleenio and lesh… your in prime company with those arrogant numpties.

• papscrunt

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:42 PM

For me, its nothing to do with the Mackem connection or his unbelievably poor/average record. He’s from the area, he fully understands what the club means to us and how we feel about jabba. By joining he’s happy to be a part of putting the screw and the destruction of our club.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:42 PM

Tsunki: I also think that you are NOT funny. You write tripe and some idiots on here think it is clever. It’s not. And it is not funny.

• CJ

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:45 PM

I agree with everyone that Steve Bruce is not the manager I want to see at Newcastle and I also find the way he walked away from Sheffield despicable. Having said that it is what it is and our anger should be focused on Ashley and Charnley not on Bruce nor on the team.
    There are rumours that Carr is coming back as chief scout. Under the circumstances this may not be a bad thing as his track record of finding good players at low transfers was pretty good. Sissoko, Cabaye, Wijnaldum, Perez, Cisse, Debuchy Thauvin etc. Most left because they saw the lack of ambition in the club.
    I do not want Newcastle to be relegated. I want them to do well and will support the team all the way. The players deserve our support. I feel for all of them, especially Ritchie, Dummet and Lascelles who always give there all for the club. Almiron most be feeling gutted. He came in January because of Rafa and built a great relationship with Rondon and Perez…all 3 are now history.
    Do I want Ashley and Charnley out of the club 100% yes. Will I stop supporting the team 100% no.
    It’s one hell of a dilemma how to support the team while making it as painful as possible for Ashley and Charnley. For Ashley it’s got to be how can we impact his overall business empire. For Charnley negative chants against him would be a start.
    I know a lot will disagree with some of my comments and I am sorry for that but please appreciate I am a loyal Newcastle fan who is struggling to get his head around what is a horrible situation in the life of our club

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:46 PM

And as for hatred of the Mackems…

There are as many ar$eholes in Newcastle as there are in Sunderland.

And just as many good decent people too.

To hare somebody for their race, religion or place of birth is one of the worst vices their is.

I hate to lose Sland and love to beat them.

But hate the people?

• BENNY 10

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:47 PM

Reading a Tsunki post always makes me think of a clockwork orange lol

What’s with all the aggro on here you would think there isn’t too much to fall out over given how undeniably awful everything is.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:47 PM

If the players run around for him, and we get some hard-earned results, Bruce will win over the greater majority of fans. You can only fairly judge Bruce against the players he’s had, and the teams he’s pitted his sides against.

He’s most likely not good enough for us, not because he isn’t a decent manager, but because we are a club that should always be top 8, and always should have a top man in charge, and he’s historically a lower EPL, upper Championship manager. However, if he’s given a squad with decent depth, balance and quality, results would almost certainly follow. They won’t if he isn’t given the tools.

Know your enemy – Ashley, Barnes, Bishop and I’m afraid Charnley.

• Tony Baloney

Nicky. Totally agree

• Tony Baloney

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:50 PM

THE COLLECTIVE!!!!

• Stardust

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:53 PM

yea Bill as far as hating them I havent drawn a line on who I hate. I havent given it any thought. It is just about their football club. I wish them the worst and I dont like the fans because of who they support.

But if you dont dislike them thats fair enough. Im not here to argue. Just putting my opinion across and joining in.

• Rob1971

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:53 PM

See according toreports on twitter, Notts been agreed yet for Bruce:
    Sheffield Wednesday owner Dejphon Chansiri still refusing to accept Newcastle United’s offer of compensation for Steve Bruce. Offer is £3 million.