web analytics

Sheffield Wednesday Refuse To Accept Mike Ashley’s Offer For Steve Bruce

Paul Joyce, the Northern Football Correspondent for the Times, has learned that Sheffield Wednesday owner Dejphon Chansiri is still refusing to accept Mike Ashley’s offer of compensation for Steve Bruce.

Paul Joyce was the journalist who first reported that Steve Bruce and his assistants put in their resignations on Monday.

It was then reported that Mike Ashley had caved and sent £4m to Dejphon Chansiri. But it looks like those claims may have been a bit wide of the mark.

The is the tweet from Paul Joyce who now says that Mike Ashley has only offered £3m.

Mike Ashley has a fight on his hands. Chansiri is not going to let the shameful actions of both Ashley and Steve Bruce pass without a fight.

He is absolutely right to demand full compensation from Newcastle. Sheffield Wednesday have been left in the lurch by Steve Bruce and sometimes you have to do what is right.

We understand that this is Steve Bruce’s dream job and that he is from the area. We just don’t care. It was dishonorable to engineer a move in this fashion.

If he had just waited and let the two club’s work out a deal, then fine. But it looks as if he has resigned to try and force a move. Both Newcastle United and Sheffield Wednesday deserve far better than that.

• NY Mag

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:34 PM

Carltoon,

Can you post a link to it?

• carltoon

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:40 PM

It’s Steve Wraith twitter just posted it. Don’t know how to link it. Where’s Jib. It’s a letter from a law firm to the premium league. Fit an proper persons MA and LC.

• one fine day

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:41 PM

kimbo
    from earlier
    you stated large sports direct going up at the ground ..a text from a contact who works near there ?
    can same contact send a pic of this ?(i take it they have said smart phone)
    otherwise this just sounds like one of your wind ups

• carltoon

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:42 PM

Is there no one on here that can post the link from Steve Wraith twitter account.

• RobLeenio

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:43 PM

Bills son “Join Beaten Optimistic, Robleenio and lesh… your in prime company with those arrogant numptie”

I actually tried to engage you in a conversation – I posed a number of questions, you answered a few, called me arrogant and then I explained why my point of view differed to yours.

Please explain to me what I said or did to be described as an ‘arrogant numptie (sic)’. If that’s the way you deal with people who just try to speak with you rationally, then frankly you deserve all the abuse that you get.

Shame, burnt bridges here. All I wanted to do was encourage you to treat those with a different view with a little more respect, but evidently that’s beyond you.

• one fine day

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:44 PM

Going back over the nights posts
    have to say amongst onlt the lonelys rants captain amerimag did give me the best one
    new french manager linked to newcastle…..#canscansoolalla

• barrowtoon

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:46 PM

Hope this doesn’t break the blog! Wraiths letter

• one fine day

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:48 PM

BARROWTOON
    we will stand jointly accused it it did 🙂

• carltoon

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:52 PM

Thanks Barrowboytoon wish I could have done the link. Does anyone think it’s legit. Supposedly sent to the media as well.

• carltoon

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:54 PM

Sorry Barrowtoon.

• ToonRich

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:56 PM

Can only hope this letter is legit! Would be epic if it is…and it gets us somewhere closer to MA/LC out the door!!

• RobLeenio

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:58 PM

Thanks for sharing guys and Carltoon, thanks for bringing it up – it had been missed otherwise.

Wonder why he hasn’t shared a photo of the second page. Maybe seeking legal advice before he does?

Questions for the UK media if they’ve had this for a week and haven’t mentioned it. The Premier League are surely going to have to respond publicly.

• toon22

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:00 AM

Hiya Tony
    Don’t fancy arguing
    Aww I’m missing out on the fun

Let’s hope SW make us wait forever

• IrishRob

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:01 AM

Where’s the rest of it? That’s clearly half the document at best.

• one fine day

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:01 AM

Don’t think its legit
    OK very much legal speak but seems loaded with caveats …the second page where it states a “top london law firm”
    seems to be trying very hard to gain some credibility ?
    even if it is i very much doubt those at the premier league will give a toss about how we are run as long as the golden egg keeps on giving .
    just my thoughts.

• toon22

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:01 AM

Barrowtoon

Oh I’m LOVIN that

Hahahahaha hahahahaha

• toon22

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:02 AM

You think emailing the Orem won’t work now PR ?

Hiya

• toon22

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:03 AM

Tony

Tony

Tony

Tony

Tony

Tony

Tony

Hiya

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:04 AM

Quite right. Make him honor his contract. I think we are very probably looking squarely at Dawson and Redfearn now, with the senior pro’s helping to maintain discipline and focus, and on balance it might be for the best, until we can prize the parasite off.

• RobLeenio

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:05 AM

carltoon, quick lesson for you – go back to the tweet, click on it with your right hand mouse button, select ‘copy link address’ with your left mouse button, then right button click on the comment box and left click ‘paste’.

Then just make sure you leave a space at the end of the link and everyone who reads it will be able to click and follow it.

One other hint, if you right-click on a link you can then select ‘open link in new tab’, which means you don’t navigate away from the blog when you open a link.

Hope this is useful, don’t mean to patronise you.

• NY Mag

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:06 AM

Rob / Carltoon,

I’ve read it now….and while it looks quite professional, there’s no lawyers name on the top of the page (which you would expect – in fact not expect,but absolutely necessary)
    I suspect this is nothing more than a fan / fans writing to the EPL in the hope of getting some traction – good on whoever it was for trying – but, I think it may well be filed in the dustbin .

I could be completely wrong of course 🙂

• RobLeenio

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:07 AM

I said earlier that we can’t look to the Premier League for help. They’re a private members club for the rich and super-rich and any criticism of Ashley is an implied criticism of them all.

They know that if they’re divided then they’ll be conquered. Shame we can’t learn a lesson from them in how to stick together.

• carltoon

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:09 AM

Have yous read the cover letter. They have sent it to the media but there has been no response. So they want it on social media. Hope this is not fake.

• Tsunki

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:09 AM

Munster, Tony, bills son (what was the question btw?) I know I’m probably not funny except in my own head but hey what can you do?

At least I can comfort myself with the knowledge I’m on board with most honest, right-thinking fans who want to see the captor of their great (yeah I said GREAT sonny) club flung into the Tyne,
    Not the nice one, the one at haltwhistle he he sorry haltwhistle. 🙂

Your group is obviously against us and promote the status quo.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:09 AM

Put them on gardening leave, and advise Charnley to put the money toward a proper number nine to lead our line.

• one fine day

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:10 AM

this was the only bit i could find ..looks like a cover letter .
    wraithe just looking for retweets and self promo i think

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:10 AM

file it r sole you tw@t.

• carltoon

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:11 AM

Ah NY don’t rain on my parade. Thought it might be to good to be true.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:11 AM

tsunki: you are very much NOT funny. Boring. Usually.

• RobLeenio

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:11 AM

Really it doesn’t matter if it’s from a ‘top London law firm’ or not, as long as the legal logic is valid. After all, it’s explicit that it’s not making any direct allegations so there is no case pending, merely (I assume, having not seen the second page) pointing out the legal position in regards to specific rules.

If it’s shared widely and gains traction, there will surely have to be a response.

• Novocastrian66

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:13 AM

The FA will have to mediate with the Steve Bruce situation. This stand off cannot continue. The LMA may have to convene a meeting too. Messy.

• NY Mag

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:13 AM

Carltoon,

Sorry….wasn’t meaning to be negative,
    Just my opinion – I’ve been wrong many times before 🙂

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:14 AM

tsunki: You are on a board with a bunch of sheep that you and some others bully. Jail For Ashley and the Lush (Lesh).

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:15 AM

NY Mag: you are a fake. Fck off.

• carltoon

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:15 AM

Ny I bow down to your superior knowledge. I just got over excited at the thought it might be real.

• one fine day

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:16 AM

roblenio
    I posted
    the cover letter at 27
    reading back does anyone think this may have come from our very own online guy 🙂 if so well done him .just the bit about email not secure had me thinking …
    Also as far as the second page goes …if you enlarge the image you can clearly see the numbered paragraphs and headers for each part so very much a legal layout .

anyway i see tony has shown up so laters .
    will jump for a while

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:16 AM

Fake fake fake fake.

Fake your booty.

• RobLeenio

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:17 AM

Tony, do you actually have anything interesting to say or are you solely on here to have a go at other posters?

From Ed’s comments on every single page of this blog:

“We’d ask that you be civil towards other readers”

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:18 AM

One fine day.

I have been on for like 4 hours man.

1 2 3 6