web analytics

Alan Shearer – I Told Steve Bruce Not To Take It

Alan Shearer has written an article in the Sun about a conversation he had with Steve Bruce three weeks ago. During that conversation, the topic came up about what would happen if Steve Bruce was offered the Newcastle job.

This is what Alan Shearer has written in his article:

My advice to him that night was simple: “No, no, no, don’t take it.”

I said: “Why are you going to be any different to Keegan or Benitez? If you take it, you must be mad because you know how it works there.”

But Steve is his own man and I respect that. I can’t tell him what to do, even though he is a good friend of mine.

He was not Newcastle’s first choice to replace Rafa. He might not even have been their second, third or fourth pick.

It looks more like he could have been the last man standing — and Newcastle just knew he would probably take the job because he has always wanted it.

This is not too surprising that Alan advised Steve Bruce not to take the job. Alan knows all about Mike Ashley and blasted him in two articles last month in the Sun in regards to his treatment of the fans and Rafa Benitez.

We are a bit surprised that Alan has come out with an article making it public of the advice he gave his good friend.

Steve Bruce and Alan Shearer– Don’t take the toxic Toon job

Alan’s article goes in detail about the toxicity that exists at the club. He makes it clear that Steve Bruce is well aware of what he is walking into. Alan is very clear that Steve will have no excuses if he fails.

This is what Alan says about that:

But Steve can have no excuses at all if it goes wrong because he knows exactly what he is taking on.

He knows what is going on and what has gone on in the past. He knows how fed-up the fan-base is.

He knows how the football club is run, it is not a secret anymore.

This is without a doubt the toughest and most toxic situation Steve has ever walked into.

No job is impossible but this one is very, very difficult for so many different reasons.

The reasons that Alan goes on to explain are not only due to an owner who lacks ambition and is ambivalent about the club’s success. He also mentions how much the squad is lacking in depth and Premier League quality at the moment.

The club have yet to make any moves in the transfer market though there are some reports that Joelinton is close to being sealed.

Alan goes on about this summer’s preparation for the new season and how Steve is coming into a situation where he will desperately need to play catch up.

Steve is at a disadvantage already because all the other clubs have had weeks to plan and will have stolen a march on him.

He’ll do a good job just to keep Newcastle up this season.

We’ll have to see how Newcastle fare in the transfer window as they need at least six additions to a lop-sided squad. But yes, Steve Bruce will do very well to keep Newcastle in the Premier League this season.

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:22 PM

Cabbage heads a traitor

• Mister Tuff

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:25 PM

The term quisling describes Judas Bruce to a T.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:26 PM

Wor Alan: “Don’t take it on Steve it’s a mugs game.”
    Steve: “But I wants it Al. I wants it and I shall have it.”

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:26 PM

Steve bruce statement whilst at Sunderland

This opportunity at Sunderland has everything I want – the infrastructure, the fanbase, an ambitious chairman and an ambitious new owner.

“I don’t need anything else – I have everything here. Everything you look for as a manager is here at Sunderland.

“This is a big club with a big history and a long tradition.?”

Just a money grabbing mercenary with no loyalty. Also a fat faced prick shit manager

Traitor

• GeordieTwo

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:27 PM

And then Steve falls backwards into the fountain of molten lava that St. James Park shall become when he steps onto the sideline.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:29 PM

And after we hit rock bottom under Steve by late September the Eye will turn elsewhere and we’ll start over yet again.

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:31 PM

Can’t wait for the usual January sale lie this time

It’s going to be epic

• IrishRob

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:31 PM

Wow big Al didn’t hold back at all did he. He couldn’t of done anymore yo get him not to take the job and he still took it. He sounds pretty píssed off with Bruce.

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:32 PM

We’re going to love the traitor and his mackem mates at the home games
    Well those who bother going

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:33 PM

Baa Baa Tsunki and The Collective.

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:37 PM

Tony

Shocking crack mate
    Maybe you should get a job in insurance

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:39 PM

Tony from what I remember that’s you on here now from this morning to night
    America is what 6 hours behind

A bit odd at best

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:39 PM

Let’s see if you can make it a full 24/7

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:44 PM

Maybe you work the same hours we do in the UK some how

Like 3am till 2pm with an evening awake till say
    10 pm ?
    Or worse if your west coast

Odd hours indeed my pretend American PR friend

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:47 PM

Wonder if Ashlie will bus in some mackems to fill the empty seats, pretty sure we’ll be able to spot them as the cheer SB into the dugout and then every time Arsenal score.

The real clincher will be to find a pile of shite on one of the seats after the game.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:48 PM

froggy; you are talking about craic? YOU ARE.

the person who has repeated himself for a year or more and call everybody on here a shill is talking abut craic!

• NY Mag

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:49 PM

toon22,

Were you at that protest tonight? I’ve just been watching the interviews on sky sports with a few fans.

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:49 PM

Tony

I’ll be back the morra pointing out your obvious mistakes

What time you sleep over there ?

It’s easy enough to figure out

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:50 PM

Froggy: I am an Ashley PR shill and he pays me to be on here and annoy The Collective.

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:50 PM

At leat you should be awake now Tony

Not like today aye ?

We’re that stupid

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:51 PM

No comment

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:51 PM

I’m not stupid enough to furnish anything to a blog

• Toonboi4EVA

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:56 PM

Tony, can you not either change your attitude or just kindly pi$$ off.

Quite often now when I catch up on the blog your constant whining, calling out others and demanding answers for god knows what is really starting to annoy.

• carltoon

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:56 PM

NY Mag that wasn’t me talking to camera I was at the back out of the way. Although the Chronicle took my photo with a poster in front of me .

• NY Mag

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:02 AM

Carltoon,

I saw a few fans interviewed – a couple of guys and one lady.
    I was trying to study the footage to see if I could see you, but to no avail.

You need to push to the front next time 🙂

• WLtoon

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:03 AM

Well done to Wor Alan for telling it how it really is . Why should well known celebrities suck up to Ashley and his cronies, or the BBC for that matter. Chopra and others are also starting to voice their opinion about the fat twat that runs the club.
    I think the situation will only get worse for Ashley , he is slowly but surely getting sussed,and eventually he will have no choice but to get out. Hav,nt got a clue how long that will be , but it will happen,, eventually

• NY Mag

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:04 AM

Carltoon,

I also watched the Steve wraith interview – he came across really well.

But, why on earth was he wearing his granny’s dress?

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:11 AM

You think Tony forgot he was supposed to be American ?

Not just the time of day thing but they really don’t “cuss” sorry if spelt wrong
    And arnt anything like him

• true toon

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:34 AM

I don’t blame Steve bruce. Imagine you are managing a local grocery store and suddenly Jeff bezos from Amazon calls u and offer you the CEO job. Most people will take it in a heartbeat whether they are qualified or not.

Having said all of that I don’t think I will ever accept him as nufc manager