web analytics

Newcastle Left-back Sent Out On Loan

Liam Gibson has completed his loan move to Grimsby where he’ll take the number three black and white striped shirt for the Mariners. The loan deal is just until January as the youngster gets some first-team football under his belt.

This is the tweet Newcastle United have sent out about Liam.

Here is the announcement from Grimsby Town FC.

Though he has reached the age of twenty-two and is only going to a League 2 side, the club still have a bit of hope for the Durham born youngster.

He has suffered through two illnesses that have delayed his development and Newcastle still thought enough of him to extend his contract.

He is also the older brother of Lewis Gibson who infamously left the club to join Everton a few years back.

Here is an interview with our former goalkeeper Steve Harper who helped coach Liam last season. He gives insight into what Liam can bring as a player and the plans the club have for him.

We wish Liam the best and hope he does well for Grimsby Town.

• DubaiMicky

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:04 AM

Anyone noticed who our sponsor is for the Asia Cup?

National Sports app China – anyone see anything similar to the logo of shoite direct?

Hmmm

• DubaiMicky

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:05 AM

• Mund

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:08 AM

Wow Tony come on fella what is your problem mate.

Brilliant when you generally look forward to reading the blog in the morning with a nice cuppa only to come on and see the sheer and utter amount of crap Tony has posted.

What i dont understand Tony why you think anyone who posts any info owes you and explanation. Or what is it you said they need to be accountable for there posts. haha wow do you think they should have a firing squad or something along the lines of that???

This is a blog of huge opinions and topics where people come to chat among others or just post there opinions or frustrations. But you seem to dissect everybody’s post with a fine tooth comb.

I feel sorry for you and your boring life if this is how you get your kicks. Nobody on this blog owes you an explanation. I dont know if you come from a world were you have a position of power (i feel sorry for anybody who works underneath you) but you dont have no power on this blog and just sound like a pathetic repetitive old man.

You shoot me down for posting stuff i got told by my uncle which i also posted the doubts i had about his credability, so tell me why am i talking shit and others for just posting stuff they have been told. Think about that for a second its stuff we are passing on that we have been told!!!

On regards to my uncle i stopped contacting him the day he told me the supposed meeting that he told me about didnt happen and wait for it he ended with “looks like he is defo gone” meaning rafa and finished off with “they are looking at Bruce” which i said at the time you must be joking and on that note i thought he doesnt know sh!t mentioning Bruce and imagine when we are now strongly linked to Bruce what goes through my head but i havent reached out to him since and probs wont.

• Sheikh Unknown

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:09 AM

Another day is here with no new manager, no new players and no new owner.

Why has Shearer been silent on everything NUFC?
    Why have all the press not been ripping into all things NUFC?

• droppy in Wallsend

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:11 AM

Dubai

Apparently it doesn’t translate directly to SD but let’s face it the colours are the same and the deliberate message is plain to see. Are Wolves using it too? Highly doubtful.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:18 AM

Robleenio – Bills Son – I actually tried to engage you in a conversation – I posed a number of questions, you answered a few, called me arrogant and then I explained why my point of view differed to yours.
    Please explain to me what I said or did to be described as an ‘arrogant numptie (sic)’. If that’s the way you deal with people who just try to speak with you rationally, then frankly you deserve all the abuse that you get.

Robleenio

I see that you are rewriting history.

This is exactly the issue I keep referring to.

People like you read my posts having already decided you are going to disagree no matter what I write.

Let’s have a look at the exchange between us on the boycott and I’ll let sensible non biased fans draw their conclusions.

Bills Son

On the boycott, I respect the right of any supporter to boycott any game or games whatever their reasons.

I support the team not the regime and as such I will continue going to games – whilst I understand that some fans may not agree with this I defend my right to take that position (I bet at least 40,000 other will as well).

Robleenio

Bills Son, respecting the right of those to boycott whilst not doing so yourself is actually the exact opposite of supporting the protest – it’s intentionally and knowingly torpedoing the boycott before it’s even begun.

You say you want Ashley out, but it seems like you shoot down every decent suggestion of methods of protest.
    At the very least you need to stop broadcasting that the boycott will not work.

Bills Son

You are accusing everyone who will turn up against Arsenal as being apathetic.

That we are all Ashley apologists settling for mediocrity.

How arrogant is that.

The truth is we want to SUPPORT the team – we want to WIN the game – we want to go home or to the bar punching the air and full of SMILES

Robleenio

Bills Son “You are accusing everyone who will turn up against Arsenal as being apathetic”

Nope, just you – most who go won’t be bothered about Ashley

Bills Son

Most who go won’t be bothered about Ashley??

ARE YOU FOR REAL??

Have you ever been to a match at SJP??

Even our loyal away fans give Ashley stick – it comes across loud and clear on TV.

I’ve heard some right daft ways of disagreeing with me…

But you’ve got FIRST PRIZE.

Take a bow Robleenio.

If that’s your way of engaging someone in a conversation Robleenio I give up.

I tell you I support the right of people to boycott and you say “At the very least you need to stop broadcasting that the boycott will not work.”

That is a total fabrication – I’ve NEVER said anything remotely like that,

But, of course, this was the gem…

Nope, just you – most who go won’t be bothered about Ashley.

Really?

I’ll be the only apathetic fan in a crowd of 40,000+ the most of whom “won’t be bothered about Ashley”.

Seriously, only someone who writes before they think could come out with that nonsense.

I rest my case.

• Munster Mag

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:18 AM

Chansiri, a class act. Sadly he will have to cave in as the SW fans will want Bruce out anyway for how he has behaved.

• MAUTITOON

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:21 AM

Mike Ashley ,the architect of newcastle calamity , the curse of the geordie nation will soon befall you,so mend your ways before you reach a point of no return.

• The overrated Frenchman

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:22 AM

It seems strange that the Chinee betting shop logo isn’t on the shirt. A perfect place to advertise you’d think. I wonder how that arrangement came about.

• geordietom

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:26 AM

at this moment in time i dont care who our manager is we need someone in to get players sorted tactics ect ect …

RAGE AGAINST THE REGIME

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:27 AM

I see Ayoze got off to a flyer – goal on debut.

good job we have replaced him ……

• GermanGeordie

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:30 AM

Tony you really are sad and pathetic! You don’t have to take everything as gospel, as fans we have learnt over the last 12 years to take positive news with a pinch of salt! Stop chatting sh* t and boring the rest of the readers with your crap

• AshLIE is a Joker

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:32 AM

Fu*k Ashley, I hate this man so much. He has such a smug, punchable face! Looks like we are nailed on for relegation this season. Just can’t believe we are in this position, beyond a joke!

• lesh

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:32 AM

Been thinking about the supposed ‘legal’ sent to the EPL and FA, it doesn’t read as though drafted by a solicitor – based on my limited exposure to the law.

However if it is flawed, it could stimulate interest in the media because it’s flawed – is it or is it not a formal letter. But, the points it’s making could be picked up and published. If it works and draws attention to Ashley and his stewardship of NUFC, bingo. If not, it’d be no surprise.

• jazzyp

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:33 AM

Bill’s son

A genuine question with no malice intended.
    But what is your take on Nufc as it stands???.
    Surely you can see why fans are clearly frustrated and rightly so.Everyone has a right to do as they please..Boycott..Or attend it matters not to me

• hibbit

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:38 AM

Please people show a bit of respect these guys they gave the ultimate sacrifice for the club they loved

RIP John Alder and Lee Sweeney
    Gone but never forgotten..

• Munster Mag

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:38 AM

Perez was always a good player but loads couldnt see it. Presses cleverly, brilliant running at pace with control over the ball. Surprised he didnt end up at a more glamourous club but leicester are growing fast. I thought they wanted rafa and it would have been an ideal place for him but the owner wanted a more modern approach than rafas counter attacking, according to a pal of mine who lives there. I thought our win there was one of rafas finest moments with us and the unity of perez and the players with the fans and benitez was lovely to watch. Tragic how we have gone backwards. Cheers Fat Man.

• jazzyp

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:38 AM

Geordietom

Thanks for those kind words yesterday mate,Meant a lot bud.
    Mental illness was once frowned upon and classed as being a nut job,But now is as accepted as a common cold as being a disability and not a liability.
    For me I try and live my life and laugh it off rather than let it devour me,As I tried to do with Bill’s son yesterday.
    As they say Medication and a loving family to help and support you goes a long way.
    Cheers mate

• Jib

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:40 AM

That legal letter is a spoof
    It calls LC and MA directors of NUFC
    MA owns NUFC but is not a director
    Also no mention of ownership to which
    the fit and proper rules apply.
    Surprised NY didn’t pick up on that !
    The poster that said it is part of
    Steve Wraith’s obsession with attention
    probably has it right.

• Jib

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:42 AM

I wonder if there will be any acknowledgement
    of Flt MH17 before todays match ?

• Jib

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:46 AM

I laughed out loud at NY’s jib’llfixit
    Then suddenly thought of the connotations
    🙂

Lonelytinytodger has to be the best user name ever

• giimps

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:46 AM

Not unless the club can benefit in some way, either financially or as a media distraction to the complete clusterf@ck that is unfolding

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:58 AM

jazzyp

My take is Ashley couldn’t give a damn about NUFC as long as we stay in the Prem.

He has zero ambition for the club other than that and that brasses me off as much as any fan.

Appointing Bruce is a massive gamble and I think one of the reasons he’s done that is because he wants to sell and Bruce’s deal means compensation will be low.

The critical thing now is signing good strikers.

Clubs that get relegated are almost always the lowest scorers not necessarily the worst defensively.

It looks like we are stuck with Bruce and he needs appointing asap so that we can move players on, bring new ones in and start proper preparations for the new season.

Ashley is being an idiot arguing about an extra £2M compensation – pay it today and get Bruce out to China asap.

• lochinvar

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:59 AM

It’s a moot point.
    Shearer never stopped twittering on about BZG and all matters NUFC but now he’s on Silent Running.
    Why ?
    Is he the mediator between Chumley and mate Bruce ?

Would someone who uses Twitter like to check when he last tweeted ?
    Let us know that you’re safe Alan
    One ping only, Alan, one ping only

• lochinvar

Jul 17, 2019 at 9:03 AM

Don’t sent Bruce to China
    He’s not employed by NUFC
    He’s still employed by Sheffield Wednesday
    He’s likely to be the subject of a court case or arbitration

Even if was to be involved, no Visa, no time, not worth it , not welcome

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 17, 2019 at 9:24 AM

Robleenio…

My last point with you.

You didn’t engage with me.

You tried to ram your views down my throat by ignoring my opinions.

That’s your definition of engaging??