web analytics

Newcastle Striker Tweets About Debut In Newcastle Shirt

Newcastle’s Danish youngster made his preseason debut for the Newcastle first team today and seems to be over the moon with the experience.

The club earlier tweeted out a section of his post-match interview in Nanjing. He has just come out and tweeted about his joy with his debut.

It was good to see some of the young lads make their debuts today in a tough afternoon. The conditions were also rough in the sweltering heat of China but it was good for the team to get a run-out without any injuries.

It was a disappointing result and especially so for young Thomas Allan who had the unfortunate deflection into his own net for Wolves’ fourth goal.

The other youngsters to get a run-out tonight were Owen Bailey, Matty Longstaff, and Kelland Watts. This will have been a good experience for them.

We are very pleased to see the genuine elation that Elias has expressed in his interview. We are really happy for him.

• willowdalerez

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:00 PM

This by Barry Glendenning for the Graun’s Fiver is nail on head:

“Describing their new manager as Ashley’s “latest stooge”, Newcastle fan website True Faith was predictably enthused by his arrival from Sheffield Wednesday for compensation believed to be in the region of £4m, not that the Owls are best pleased. “Bruce’s imminent appointment will not set the pulses racing, instil any confidence or more importantly get the punters through the turnstiles,” it groaned. “A line appears to have been crossed now.” If so, it is the latest in a long line of them to have been traversed during what passes for Ashley’s stewardship. The multi-billionaire continues to step over them with impunity because those who want him gone evidently don’t desire his departure badly enough to do anything that might actually hasten it.”

For my own part, I support all who boycott and will be willing you on in spirit from Canada (that said I do hope we succeed under Bruce but we need rid of the cancer that is Ashley). I’ve become a believer that boycotts or Ashley’s bankruptcy are the only hope we have. So my message to ticket holders and boycotters in Newcastle is that from Princess Leia to Obi Wan Kenobi… Help us Toon Army, you’re our only hope!

• AshLIE is a Joker

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:01 PM

Rafa wanted to upgrade the training, youth and medical facilities. He also wanted to sign anyone of any age. Which would have helped us reach our potential.

Instead Fat Pr*ck is painting the walls! Fu*ks sake!

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:01 PM

That was his brother Tom though. There are 3 of them – brothers Curran.

• oldarse

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:01 PM

That’s the way he starts nice gentle coherent posts then starts to introduce cricket to break up footy talk then the abuse that right ERIC BALOONEY

• Mag52

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:01 PM

Get lost peterk.

• oldarse

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:02 PM

PR SHILL

• bettyswallocks

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:02 PM

I just get the feeling now that people will adopt a let’s wait and see mode after the initial outrage has subsided somewhat .

It will take a few defeats to really galvanise serious and sustained action against Ashley and there will need to be something drastic happen to have any affect . Ashley and his PR minions will be banking on the anger fizzling out and us going back to business as usual.
    I really hope he’s not allowed to get away with his blatant violation of the fans loyalty again.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:03 PM

Barry Glendenning is a Mackem fan and failed stand-up comedian.

Just so you know who is writing about us.

• optimistic prime

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:03 PM

Jazzy

The black is the stupidest thing Ashley has ever done.

I know all the local Graff artists they never touch SJP because of the stone.

I’ll give it a few days before theres graffiti all over it

• big bob

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:03 PM

Jazzy p
    Hope he turns out as good mate but difference is firmino was joining a top side so had Time to settle joelinton won’t just commenting on what I seen watching bundesliga last season
    They could have saved money and a gamble by signing rondon but when do Newcastle do things right
    Will joelinton be granted work permit ?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:03 PM

HIYA Abe.

• oldarse

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:04 PM

HIYA DIP STICK

• AshLIE is a Joker

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:06 PM

Oh god, Tony please try not to be a cretin for a while. We actually want to talk football, not listen to you talk about how everyone is against you, how you are a martyr and then talk a out cricket.

Just dont be a total douche kid ok?

• peterk3

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:06 PM

Mag 52
    Why not go and find a cricket blog and leave the serious NUFC talk to people who care about our FOOTBALL club.

• oldarse

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:08 PM

AshLIE is a Joker your wasting your time my friend it’s what he gets paid to do.

• willowdalerez

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:09 PM

Tony

Doesn’t matter if he’s Scum he’s bang on we haven’t been able to rid ourselves of Ashley and our support for club has trumped all past talk of serious boycotts. So what can we do boycott or show up on game day. boycotts may have no effect but they haven’t been tried.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:09 PM

But then again. Glendenning seems to now have sympathy for us – like we need it form a 3rd division supporter! Maybe seeing Bruce up close has made even a Sunderland fan worry?

I don’t know. There are many I would have preferred to Bruce but at least he isn’t “Ugly John” carver.

Yes Abe. I have called Carver “ugly” on another blog. I have also called him a pickled walnut with hair.

• posada

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:10 PM

Sky say 90 million for this window. They must have a source at the club so more than just a rumour.

Joe Linton. Can’t comment on him as a player.

Does anyone else share this fear. Who actually picks the targets. I have an image of the remaining chuckle brother, little Jimmy Crankie and Charnley sitting in a room looking at U Tube clips.

If it’s not that then what is it. Who is it. Would it give away a great secret if we were told.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:10 PM

Good you know your name now Abe.

• oldarse

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:11 PM

Now wait for the sympathy cries

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:11 PM

willow: from what OP said there were 30 there today.

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:12 PM

Anyone shutting down joelinton because of his record is bonkers. Actually watch him play before you decide anything like that. I’ve commented on previous links and actually said he’s the real deal but in certain environments.

Saying that, with Bruce in charge and what’s gone on over the summer, it’s like buying a Ferrari and only driving it to the end of the street. What’s the point?

Even further, we have been here many times before with many different players. Believe it when it happens, not when the ‘journalists’ say it’s close.

For what it’s worth, it’s not going to happen. Always convenient to have a big money signing around season ticket time. Last year was Plea. This year Joelinton. Next year?

• beefman13

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:12 PM

“Let’s wait and see what happens” I DON’T THINK SO, the only certainty is Bruce walking away 3m richer when he gets his p45.
    He is mugging everyone off.

• Joe Sophistication

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:13 PM

Jail

I see you have had a few pops at me this last week, Iv been away and just catching up.

Anyway just to say I’m no coward and your words against me are not kind or fair .

When I had words with you over Bills son is back it was not me defending his opinions it was me telling you he has a right to voice an opinion . That’s it in a nutshell.

Just reading some of the trouble that has ensued around him and his inflammotary posts this week and me thinking that his tack and contributions have changed for the worse, and at a different level than when I said he has a right to his opinion, I withdraw any support for his, and what I consider to be, bad troublesome posts of this week that fly in the face of true Newcastle United supporters and what we are trying to achieve and highlight to the world outside.

I don’t go with his opinions as he seems to contradict himself in his saying he does not support Ashley, then does !

Almost every post with him involved revolves around trouble, and it ensues !

Now Jail be a good Lad and read that again so I know we understand each other .

Any posts to the contrary from you will tell me that you aint read it twice or refuse to take it in.

Bills son’s tack changed . He has become vitriolic and unreadable , unless you want to render yourself into a depressed state !

Things are bad enough as they are Jail .

Peace on.

• toon22

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:18 PM

The PR are desperate

Happy days

😉

• Jib

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:18 PM

Lukas Jutkiewicz ?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:19 PM

I don’t have any opinion about Bill’s Son but I do know that when you do not follow the sheep on here you get attacked by the pretend alpha dogs and their followers. Juveniles like Toonboi and seniles like Abe Simpson. Bullies, Blowhards, Bores and Boors.

The Collective.

• Shadow_Shearer

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:20 PM

For ppl who think Ashley is going to buy jolington and then continue spending after, consider us lucky he buying one player.

That’s more than I was expecting this whole season, never mind this transfer window!!!

• Jib

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:20 PM

optimistic prime
    I’ll give it a few days before theres graffiti all over it

but then you just paint it black again
    duh !

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:21 PM

10 letters – a big name signing!!! or 32 in scabble

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:25 PM

But why are on her Tony, Old Chap?

Just thought you all needed a different view to the sheep-like things that are mainly said on here by followers of the 3 stooges and Dubious Micky.

Plus, I thought you would enjoy the cricket updates.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:26 PM

You aren’t going to link a Rolling Stones song Jib?

• Bigjim67

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:28 PM

So our new head coach confirmed as old cabbage heed, I’m absolutely fuming! Been in a vile mood since Rafa left and this announcement has not helped. I’m not bothered about Wolves turning us over.
    I noticed there wasn’t many at the protest at Northumberland Street tonight, had i been free i would have attended.
    The club has been destroyed by Ashley, can’t help feeling he’s got Bruce in to have a dig at the fans.
    Really pi##ed off at the minute.
    #boycott Arsenal
    #boycott everything

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:30 PM

How many times has Jib said “MY BAD”?

At least 2,222.

• oldarse

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:31 PM

OK are looking at the same BALOONEY as previous posts don’t think so, or some f8kcer with a split personality

• willowdalerez

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:32 PM

On Joelinton

Sarcasm intended – What’s not to like? He’s big, Brazilian, seems to hold his own against big defenders can move quickly in the box and most importantly he’s over 6 feet tall! Oh yeah that little thing called prem experience, proven goal scoring ability and he costs more than Rondon, well whatever I’m sure Charnley has it figured out in his masterplan for how to afford 40m of a rumoured 90m kitty and replace Perez, Diame and bring in cover at LB and LW sure np problem at all.

On a serious note – We have three strikers (and Almiron’s really only a winger so that’s really 2) and none of them are even 5’11’. Just paying a height premium is worth something because I promise you if we don’t bring in a 6 foot tall striker we should have hung onto Joselu because at least he was big enough to deflect a ball accidentally off his noggin and so would always draw at least one defender opening space for Almiron and Longstaff to create chances.

• Bigjim67

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:32 PM

I’m never gonna get behind the head coach or the team now as long as Ashley is owner.
    Ashley out.
    Bruce out.
    #boycott Arsenal

• Tony Baloney

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:41 PM

Abe: since I have a split personality I will send you one of mine since you appear to be needing one.

• bill

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:42 PM

Wouldn’t it be great if instead of being an MA mouthpiece that Steve Bruce turned into a right pain in the arse to MA. If he is a friend to Alan Shearer, I can see this being a possibility. He could blow the whole thing apart. Just a thought and a wish.

• jazzyp

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:43 PM

Big Bob

That assumption can be taken towards any player coming to Nufc mate.All hands on deck are gonna be needed this season and the more signings the better.
    Trouble is we spend no money and everyone whines,Then all of a sudden we look like we gonna spend big and hes not worth the money.
    What do fans want??