web analytics

Joelinton Deal Is Progressing But Length Of Contract Is Sticking Point

Goal journalist Ronan Murphy has tweeted the following update on Newcastle’s pursuit of Hoffenheim’s Joelinton.

It seems that things are progressing but the length of the contract is a sticking point. However, we would imagine this should not be enough to sink the deal.

The club will most certainly not want to give the player just a three-year deal if they are spending £36m on him. Since Joelinton is just 22 years old, the club will try to tie him down to a longer contract.

This is some confirmation that Newcastle are trying to agree to personal terms with Joelinton which shows the deal is progressing.

If reports are to be believed, the transfer fee should be £36m which hopefully will already be close to being agreed between the two clubs.

There was a report yesterday in Futbol Insider that Newcastle were concerned the news of this transfer was made public by Hoffenheim. If another club comes in for him, that could potentially raise the fee.

Newcastle are in the driver’s seat for Joelinton at the moment. We would think they can work out the length of the contract with the player’s representative without too much of an issue.

• G

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:22 AM

I’m amazed anybody would want to sign for us for any amount of years?

• barkel

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:23 AM

If he’s any good he’ll be gone at the end of the season anyway

• geordietom

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:23 AM

Jib …

golf not my cup of tea mate …

jib … you lost me again OW? …

• G

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:24 AM

barkel, from what I’ve seen of him (admittedly, not that much), he hasn’t stood out as a great. Average for the German league I would have said.

• Ron Knee

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:24 AM

@2

He won’t be sticking around if/when we’re in the Championship.

• geordietom

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:25 AM

am i thick Orson Wells …

memo to meself geordie tom you pattas shite…

😀

• TomaKaThor

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:27 AM

So clearly hoping to use us as a stepping stone and Rondon was desperate to join and half the price and proven

• toon22

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:30 AM

5 million in 12 years

• geordietom

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:31 AM

According to German outlet Sport1, Joelinton’s proposed move to Newcastle has been ‘held up’ because of a contract disagreement.

They claim that the 22-year-old wants to sign a three-year deal, but the club prefer him to sign for four years.

This doesn’t sound like the sort of issue that can’t be overcome, however it wouldn’t be Mike Ashley’s Newcastle United if there wasn’t some sort of late drama!

Ronan Murphy
    ?
    @swearimnotpaul
    Joelinton’s transfer to Newcastle is being held up because of a disagreement over contract length, according to Sport1. The forward wants a three-year deal but the club want him for four years. #NUFC #TSG

9:33 AM – Jul 18, 2019
    In response to Newcastle fans commenting on his tweet above, Bundesliga journalist Ronan Murphy says everything ‘should be okay’, suggesting this is an issue both parties will get past, however it’s not exactly the news we wanted to hear on the Joelinton front this morning.
    Joelinton’s £36m move ‘held up’ after ‘disagreement’ between player & NUFC – Sport1
    July 18, 2019 Olly Hawkins Leave a comment
    Share on facebookTweet on twitter

Ronan Murphy
    ?
    @swearimnotpaul

9:33 AM – Jul 18, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    52 people are talking about this

Get the Latest NUFC news in your inbox!
    email address
    In all honesty, I find it a little hard to believe that a 22-year-old would be demanding a three-year deal. That said, I don’t think anyone would blame him if he didn’t want to commit too many years to Mike Ashley and Steve Bruce’s Newcastle United!

Considering we’re severely lacking in attacking options and have just 21 days to sign at LEAST 5-6 quality players, let’s pray this one gets wrapped up without any issues as soon as possible

Only Lee Charnley could risk scuppering a club record deal that was described as ‘imminent’ by several reputable outlets in Germany just yesterday…

this is from talk of the toon …

• G

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:33 AM

I wonder how much his buy-out clause will be? £35M I reckon.

• Tramp

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:33 AM

I do appreciate Ed/Neils articles so this next comment is not aimed at either it is aimed at NUFC.

WHO THE F*%K CARES!?

I honestly want to see a show of hands from anybody who feels excited by NUFC signing any player.

It means nothing.

I will not support this team in any way whilst owned by MA.

I truly hope SW take the harshest legal action against NUFC.

No longer can fans keep separating owner from club. The owner is this club. NUFC are a disgrace and it doesn’t need to be said every time “under Ashley”.

NUFC IS MIKE ASHLEY IS SPORTS DIRECT.

I will not be supporting NUFC until he’s gone.

• ToonRich

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:39 AM

Question: Even if we do get some signings over the line…are you going to be showing them any love? If so how?!

I’m boycotting (in my own way, as I’m not local)…already ditched Sky, and havent bought a shirt in a couple of seasons! I applaud the fans who are standing up to MA. I would love to see an empty stadium, to see how the media react.
    Perhaps a handful of Wor Flags could go in with a huge banner to fill the empty seat, whilst protests take place outside…
    Support the team by leaving them messages on their social media accounts, and/or visiting the training ground?

Every little helps I guess!!
    #AshleyOut #BoycottNUFC

• Jib

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:40 AM

bye

• jimiley

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:53 AM

I do not understand why we have given Bruce a 3 year contract when we are being bought out next week unless the Arabs want him???

• nufc 11

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:54 AM

Mike Ashely haggling? No way, my Guess is this will drag out until the last few mins of the window, only for nufc to discover their fax machine is broken…. Who would have thought of it?

• jimiley

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:56 AM

I am a bit worried about this takeover.
    A few weeks ago the Arabs said all was good and its been silence ever since from both sides.its as if it had never happened.

• Mickey G

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:59 AM

Regarding the debate, wether to boycott games or not to because of loyalty to club and players etc.
    Let me please give my twopenneth worth, with this anology.
    If your daughter was being abused by her husband or partner , beatings etc. But she didn’t want you to get involved because she loved him. I for one would do something about it because of my love for my daughter even if it did upset her. It is the best thing for the long term . Sometime a bit of tough live goes a long way. Boycott every match until thus leech leaves .

• Bambams

Jul 18, 2019 at 11:12 AM

Mickey G
    #17

Spot on fella

• dee em

Jul 18, 2019 at 11:52 AM

Wouldn’t it be great if joelintons first name was Billy.