web analytics

Newcastle Transfer Target Fails Medical At Benfica

Goal are reporting that Juventus goalkeeper’s pending move to Benfica for €15M has been delayed due to the severity of the shoulder injury he suffered in April.

Newcastle were linked with a move for Perin last week as possible competition for Martin Dubravka.

This is what is being reported in Goal:

Benfica have confirmed that they will not be completing the signing of Juventus goalkeeper Mattia Perin in the current transfer window due to a failed medical.

Perin, 26, had been set to join the Portuguese giants this week following a single season in Turin.

The two clubs agreed a fee worth a reported €15 million (£13.5m/$16.8m), with Perin himself describing the opportunity as an “exciting adventure”.

It seems that Perin’s injury will keep out for a further four months. Due to this Benfica have decided to delay the deal until the next transfer window.

This will be a disappointment for Mattia Perin as he is itching for an opportunity for first team football. He will now have to wait quite a while before that will be possible.

Newcastle will still need to look for a keeper to push Dubravka. The three goalkeeper now at the club that are behind the Slovakian all have only one year left on their contracts.

We hope that Freddie Woodman will sign a new deal and then go out on loan. While Karl Darlow can be a decent back up, we are not sure where his future lies. The club will want to cash in on him this summer if they are not going to give him a new deal.

• geordietom

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:40 PM

OLG …

and his fine will be like 2 grand …

• jazzyp

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:41 PM

Afriyie Acquah interesting Nufc again as he is a free agent. Rafa benitez showed interest last season before he eventually went to Empoli

• GeordieTwo

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:42 PM

I’ve heard that Joelinton does a very good job at either RB or LB, so we probably don’t need any of those either. At least that’s what the club is counting on…..

• geordietom

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:42 PM

Jazzy …

snap mate was just gonna put that . saved me doing it cheers …

• JohnReese

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:43 PM

On Woodman, I think you can draw a lot of parallels with De Gea, when he initially came to England in terms of his frame/build. The best thing for him would be a year in the championship, starting every game andhavjg to compete against some strong attackers/defensive units at set pieces. Anyway who’s seen much of him knows that his big strength at the moment is his shot stopping.

However I think the buzz around him after the young lads won the World Cup has died down a little and I’d be worried that no championship sides would take him.

• JohnReese

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:45 PM

*having to compete. Stupid fat fingers.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:47 PM

Spot on JohnReese. That sounds like excellent advice.

• Online Guy

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:49 PM

Tom

I’m not sure what to do about my dots … suppose we will have to share the buggers

It’s my trade mark though..how about you use 4 dots ? Were the boys polite ?

• GeordieTwo

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:51 PM

Acquah is 27 now. Is he really good enough? Nobody else seems to think so. In other words he’s ideal for Ashley.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:51 PM

Just there’s a lot of people always telling others to protest, then only a few usually turn up.

• Online Guy

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:57 PM

Best thing for Woodman would be to send him out to a pub team,, Sunday League ..winter morning kickoffs on hard permafrost rutted pitches with a crater in the goalmouth, at ten , after a night on the piss would sort him out .

Never mollycoddle a keeper ..he won’t like it.

We treat players like pedigree pups …

Send them out for a good kicking playing Sunday League with players still half pissed from the night before ..that’ll sort them out.

Make them wear tights. They did yi knaa !

• GeordieTwo

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:57 PM

Or we could just wait one season and then we’ll be in the Champo, Dubravka will be gone and Woody can be our main man! Simples!!!

• Online Guy

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:59 PM

TNMW

Yes I know, you right ..lots support the Magpie group in what they are doing and don’t attend .

Do you attend or are you too far away ?

• GeordieTwo

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:00 PM

Brucie speaking to the lads:
    “lads I may not be Rafa Benitez but I wear red and white errrrm I mean black and white to bed every night!”

• GeordieTwo

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:02 PM

OG men in tights? Just like Robin Hood and his merry men? Yes I can see that working!

• GeordieTwo

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:04 PM

Jazzy have you taken into consideration that Joelinton plays a very tidy CM? We may not need Acquah after all…..

• GeordieTwo

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:05 PM

Well, now that I’ve got the squad sorted oot I’m going to take a break lads. Are those sighs of relief I hear?

• Online Guy

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:07 PM

Tom

I think Jib will get community service… dredging the ouseburn at Byker and picking up litter in Old Eldon …perhaps a spot of gardening for Charnley.

Now are there any suggestions as what punishment a Magistrate could hand down to Wor Jib for his streaking escapade ? ( If he takes me up on my offer )

Red lipstick Jib mind .