web analytics

Salomon Rondon Joins Rafa Benitez At Dalian Yifang

Salomon Rondon has officially been reunited with Rafa Benitez at Dalian Yifang.

Here are tweets from West Brom as well as our former number nine on this move.

We wish Salomon all the best. He was our player of the season last year and would have been an excellent permanent signing for the club.

It wasn’t meant to be and he needs to be adequately replaced this summer. Joelinton, who we hope will be announced today, seems more like a replacement for Ayoze Perez to us.

Hopefully, the young Brazilian will not be brought in to replace both Ayoze and Salomon. We also have Joselu who has left this summer. So the club will need to replace him as well.

• lochinvar

Jul 19, 2019 at 8:52 AM

Come and feel the yen

• archaeomag

Jul 19, 2019 at 8:58 AM

Both would rather move to China than stay here and work for Mike A, nice.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:03 AM

Nufc-83,
    Before you go spreading your misinformation what Rafa was asking for would have made in the 8th highest paid manager in the PL, given we are the PL”s eigth richest club and the millions he has saved the owner from languishing in the Championship for the last two seasons is probably about right.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:05 AM

Mund: you really shouldn’t be concerning yourself with my state of mind you should be thinking about why you passed on wrong information on here about your Uncle’s ITK rubbish. And then said “it isn’t my fault, how was I to know”!

Spout rubbish and then complain when you are called on apouting rubbish. And you question my state of mind.

But, you will get plenty of hearts from the sheep so carry on.

• tooned in

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:09 AM

Not to pick holes but I’ve read two articles about us playing Man City – I am pretty sure we are playing West Ham ??

• posada

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:10 AM

Lets be right about Rondon.
    It took him until Christmas to get going last season.
    Almiron helped him greatly.
    Like Belamy was the pace Shearer did not have anymore.
    Could not fault Jan onwards though.

• oldarse

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:10 AM

Balooney Hi Tony just a quickie what hoods you from in Chicago mate got to shoot off on a mission this morning cheers be good

• c-dog

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:11 AM

Players don’t resurrect careers
    Lazar and Muto had potential
    Which they never lived up to
    Not happening for them ever at Newcastle
    Joelinton had bags more potential
    My worry is he won’t reach it under Bruce who is a poor manager

• Tony Baloney

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:12 AM

I counted the number of people at the SD protest yesterday on one of the photos. There were 18. It doesn’t bode well for the boycott. It just seems there is still a lot of indifference even after Rafa left (took the Chinese lucre).

I am not against a boycott, I just don’t think there is the critical mass to make it worthwhile. Prove me wrong.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:15 AM

Abe: I live in Lincoln Square now which is about 5 miles North of Downtown. I have had a house in Wrigleyville and another in Roscoe Village. 1800 West Roscoe, the pencil factory lofts if you want to look it up. Also lived in the South Loop.

You still trying to say I live in Dinnington 🙂

• Pit yacker

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:15 AM

Catching up on the night shift – wow there some pretty strong views
    Got to respect people’s opinions and if an argument is genuine and compelling it may change peoples minds but I’d say that most seem pretty fixed and there’s little point repeating the same old same.
    I am going to continue supporting the team, not overly happy about Brice replacing Rafa (though that’s more to do with Rafa leaving) – not sure we could get an upgrade on Rafa with current ownership
    I also don’t believe the deal to buy the club is dead or a fake-over, I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens and if Bruce is doing a good job then he may keep it (though wouldn’t put any money on it)
    Also think we will buy 3-4 players, it will not take us forward but will at least give Bruce a fighting chance of keeping us up
    Will boycott Arsenal to protest against the regime but I can’t pretend I won’t be looking for the Newcastle score 1 second after the final whistle – it’s too hard wired for me to stop following the toon
    Feel free to call me a sheep etc but 40+ years of supporting NUFC means I personally can’t walk away
    HWTL

• Toonboi4EVA

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:16 AM

Just when I was enjoying catching up on the night shift comments, bang… Ruined!

I’ll try later…

• Jib

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:17 AM

Yen Japanese
    China Yuan or Renminbi

• posada

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:20 AM

Just been watching Joe Linton on u tube. Hard to judge as his best bits are condensed into a couple of minutes. Also, who were the opposition.
    Some good skill and goals.
    Seems pacey.
    Had an eye for a pass and a good lay off.
    Did not see a really powerful shot. That said I have only seen one other player shoot like Shearer with the same power etc and that was J F Hasslebank.
    One thing I did like. When he was hit and challenged he kept the ball or found a lay off.
    That’s not just strength it’s balance. The latter is probably just as important.

Someone said he played a good game against City.
    That would be the better measure. Perhaps that is what the club are going off.

Have my concerns about who and how decisions are made at the club. However, it’s down to them. Also down to the owner to make sure they are shrewd and clued up. I can’t do a damned thing apart from watch and support.

It’s Boycott Arsenal unless they get Joelinton in, one other striker of equal status.
    Quality midfielder and a left back.
    In fact spend that 90 million.

• The overrated Frenchman

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:21 AM

This is a good move for Rondon. He’s never been more than a bottom rung sort of EPL player, and given he’s about to turn 30 it’s basically all over for him at any sort of decent level of football. Why not go to China and trouser the cash, just like his new manager. You only have to go through the motions over there to pick up your big fat wedge. Self-respect is overrated.

• Jib

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:22 AM

Rafa was joint 6th with Ralph Rabbit Hutch of Soton

• Trent1211

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:22 AM

I don’t really ever post but it’s genuinely pathetic to read people drinking the Kool Aid and already on the give Bruce a chance bandwagon. Mike loves you. Lee loves you. The club is in intensive care on life support and you’re happily whistling Local Hero. Mugs. My season ticket is gone til the parasite is gone. Toon22 preach.

• Jib

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:24 AM

The overrated Frenchman
    Self-respect is overrated.

That should be the national motto of Australia

(pass the sandpaper mate)

• Tony Baloney

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:26 AM

You will be sadly missed ToonBoi.

• The overrated Frenchman

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:28 AM

Jib, that’s a pretty weak and tenuous sort of insult, even for you.

• geordietom

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:33 AM

i see Tammy tap in names popped up again …

• TomaKaThor

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:34 AM

Bruce comment on sky sports ”I can’t say much, i haven’t spoken to Charnley since I have been here”

Sounds familiar

• geordietom

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:40 AM

we dont know how Fat Ash’s mind works . well we do he’s all about the money for his beloved tat shops. i really hope he would go bust lose everything . but i cant see that happening any time soon .

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:40 AM

One of the big things that stops foreign strikers from performing in the Prem is their inability to cope with the physical side of the game.

Joelinton won’t have that problem, let’s just hope he has the skill and goals to go with it.

And let’s hope he isn’t another Alfonso Alves the Beazilian striker Boro broke their transfer record for.

I was at a sports dinner on a table with former NUFC player Joe Allen…

He said Alves was the worst Brazilian he’d ever seen…

Since David Blunkett shaved his missus muff with a blunt razor.

🙂

• nufc 11

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:21 AM

Bruce banging on about needing a striker, knowing Lee Charnley he will spend the budget on a reserve goalkeeper, or spend it resigning Joselu.

• IrishRob

Jul 19, 2019 at 11:48 AM

Jail….. that’s just not true, he would have been the 2’nd highest paid manager behind pep. Only Pep is on more than 9M a year Rafa would have been getting more than 9M a year in the new deal he wanted. Poch is on 8.5M a year in second and Klopp is on 7.5M a year in 3rd.

It’s a lot of money to pay for a team who finishes in the bottom half of the table nevermind a team who finishes 2nd.

It was still a mistake to let him go but it was a bit cheeky looking to be the second highest paid manager in the league. Especially considering he was already the 6th highest paid manager in the league already, when we weren’t anywhere near 6th position in the table.

It’s a lot of money and a little cheeky if you ask me, to give you an idea of the difference steve bruce is reported to be on 1-2M a year now hes on that because hes not worth anymore but still one thing you cant deny is Rafa was looking for far too much money, I love the man and wish he was still here but it says a lot when he was willing to go to a meaningless league on the other side of the world for 12M a year.

• ThirdStripeBlack

Jul 19, 2019 at 12:58 PM

Think this short clip sums up perfectly just what we have missed out on by letting Rondon (and Rafa) depart. The fact that this is saving Yedlin from a broken arm or neck might be awfully fitting of our current plight.

Honestly, I am just going to miss the sheer gentlemen that Rafa and Rondon both were. You don’t find honest, hardworking good sports like that easily.

From Australia, and a fan for 30 years, please do all you can to get that parasite out of our club. Band together. Organise. Be stubborn. Show the players we still appreciate hard work. But we know who the enemy is.

Pray for a sale.