web analytics

Sean Longstaff Speaks Of Pushing Forward Under Steve Bruce

The Chronicle have posted an interview conducted with Sean Longstaff from China.

This is the first we have heard from our exciting young midfielder since the departure of Rafa Benitez.

There were reports that the local lad was absolutely gutted that Benitez was no longer the manager. That news strengthened the belief of many that it was just a matter of time before he would end up at Manchester United.

However, the club set his valuation at £50m which has thus far tested Manchester United’s resolve in bringing Sean to Old Trafford.

Sean Longstaff– keen to impress Steve Bruce

The good news is we heard no public resistance to this move by Newcastle from Sean. We only heard that he wanted to speak to Manchester United but only if a fee could be agreed.

That was always followed with the caveat that he was fully committed to Newcastle United.

Sean has come out and spoken to Lee Ryder today and this is a bit of what he has said:

“I just keep my head down.

“I am just trying to get fit – that’s all I can focus on. I am still a Newcastle United player.

“I want to get back on the pitch as soon as I can. That is what I am looking forward to doing.

“I make more and more progress everyday, that’s all I look forward to. I can’t wait to get on the pitch and impress the new boss.

“If somebody had said to be me a year ago I would be in this position, I would probably have laughed at them.

“This time last year I was deciding whether to go to League One on loan. A year on, you are seeing your name linked with one of the biggest clubs in the world.

“For me, it is all a positive really. It gives you even more confidence. When I was in for a short amount of time people took notice of me. It is flattering but my job is at Newcastle.”

These comments are reminiscent of what Sean Longstaff said to NUFC TV in early June. At that time though, he also spoke of his dream to play a full season at St James Park.

That was before the news of Rafa Benitez leaving hit the players and fans like a ton of bricks.

This is what Sean told Lee Ryder about the news of Rafa leaving and his plans for the way forward:

“The new boss is coming in and it’s a clean slate for everybody – including me.

“I just get my head down and work on the pitch. Like anybody knows you are no use to anybody if you aren’t fit.”

“Nobody wanted to see Rafa Benitez go.

“But that’s what football is – it changes, all of the time.

“I would say everybody was sad to see Rafa go but the squad is excited now as a new manager is coming in.

“Rafa leaving is in the past. It has to be positive now from within and we must all look forward.

“This is a new challenge and it is up to us as players. New staff members are coming in so it is about everybody pulling in the right direction.

“We have to look forward to the new season with a freshness and an open mind. We need to be ready to go.

“It is for everybody. All of the players have a clean slate.

“It rejuvenates everybody knowing that they have to impress the new boss. The standard will go up a notch.

“It is something that everybody has to look forward to and relish. That’s the older lads and the younger ones. It is better that way. We are all looking forward to it.

“There’s no excuses now so to speak so everybody has to get their head down and get focused on what will happen in the future.”

These are excellent and quite reassuring words from the very mature twenty-one-year-old.

The motto coming from this club over the past two days has been to push forward.

Sean mentions that here and it seems to us that the squad is looking to crack on under the new head coach.

Our hope is that we can get at least six first-team players in this window and not lose any vital members of the squad.

This will be crucial for this club to push forward when they have been left so far behind.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:38 AM

Abe: I changed my avatar just for you. It is a picture of downtown Chicago that I took from my ex-girlfriend’s place on the 22nd floor of her building on Belmont Avenue. Shows the Hancock building which is an iconic shot.

#notDinnington

• Pain in the Blog

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:38 AM

Been off the blog for a few days due to having guests up from London. What do I find reading through the blog? Lies, lies, lies. Tony Baloney told us he definitely wouldn’t post on this blog again! So much rejoicing and then this.

Best not comment on other liars then Tony.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:42 AM

One of the big things that stops foreign strikers from performing in the Prem is their inability to cope with the physical side of the game.

Joelinton won’t have that problem, let’s just hope he has the skill and goals to go with it.

And let’s hope he isn’t another Alfonso Alves the Beazilian striker Boro broke their transfer record for.

I was at a sports dinner on a table with former NUFC player Joe Allen…

He said Alves was the worst Brazilian he’d ever seen…

Since David Blunkett shaved his missus muff with a blunt razor.

• TomaKaThor

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:45 AM

Lonely people crave any sought of attention even if its negative attention from strangers over the internet, thats this Tony guy, his life is most likely a train wreck, you should pitty him and just ignore him, he will tire himself out if everyone ignored him, and either make a new handle or troll else where. Sad sad story.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:46 AM

Pain: I changed my mind.

• Mund

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:48 AM

Tony just seems to be one of the worlds many idiots who believes everyone owes him an explanation. I’ve said before I guess he is in a position of power the way he parades himself on the blog demanding this and that and spitting his dummy right out when he doesn’t get those answers.

Utter bellend and I think he knows it that’s why he revels in it soaks and bathes in bellendness and throws it all up on this blog. Or maybe he isn’t in a position of power maybe he gets belittled everyday because he is a nobody with no life and the only way he gets his kicks in his pussy life is to become the ultimate keyboard warrior.

• kilcline

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:51 AM

Longstaff will be flogged on deadline day for about £30m plus add ons we will never see.

We will then bid for some french guy for £20m who is valued at £40m and “not get it across the line”

Matty longstaff will then be promoted to the first team squad.

• RobLeenio

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:52 AM

Not sure why anyone keeps putting words in Sean Longstaff’s mouth – he’s been consistent in his message all along. He’s acknowledged the alleged interest from Man U and said it was flattering but that his future lay with NUFC at least a few times now, and it’s exactly what he was saying in private when the links first came about, from what I’ve been told.

Personally, I think that the draw of playing with his brother in the black and white and forming a Longstaff axis in Centre midfield (Longstaxis???) will be too much of a draw for him for a few years.

If Bruce does indeed intend to sit down with him and ‘discuss his future’, then there could be another new contract on the table for him soon, too, despite the fact he only signed his current one 12 months or so ago.

• RobLeenio

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:53 AM

Lol, someone’s being actively modded. I haven’t seen that for a while.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:54 AM

At least I didn’t claim my Uncle who works at SD said there was a definite takeover the next day. TWICE.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:55 AM

That was directed at you Mund.

• TyneMouth

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:56 AM

Billson

Thank you for your 9.42am post.

It’s a pleasure to read such a high level of sophisticated humour on this blog.

You are lucky to be blessed with such an unique talent!

We are not worthy…

PS… Bet your Mum’s ever so proud of you…

• RobLeenio

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:57 AM

On Rondon, best of luck to him in China. Big statement from Rafa to get him out there as his first signing, it shows exactly what the Gaffer thought of him over the last season and just what we will be missing from the squad when the season kicks off.

They appear to have a great relationship and a high level of respect for each other. Good luck to them both in China.

Dalian Yifang are now the first Chinese team whose results I’ll actively look out for.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Rondon ended up on Rafa’s coaching team once his playing days have ended.

• toon22

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:57 AM

Early start today Tony
    It’s what 3:30 am over the pond ?

Or are you west coast ?

• Lindisfarne

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:58 AM

kilcline….. & repeat

• toon22

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:58 AM

Night shift ?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:58 AM

Robleenio: I have no idea why I would be moderated as I am not the one swearing here, Mund is. I think Dubai Micky made a lot of statements that turned out to be wrong and I think I am OK to say that. I also question whether the boycott will work which judging by past attempts it wont.

• Mund

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:59 AM

Tony what is the definition of insanity?

Serious question fella

• Tony Baloney

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:59 AM

frog: watching the golf.

• geordietom

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:59 AM

famous quote … all though i changed it slightly . for Fat Ash …

” we maybe idiots . but we are not fools ”

• Tony Baloney

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:00 AM

Mund: to believe what your pretend Uncle said about a takeover of NUFC?

• posada

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:00 AM

It’s not Joe from Linton is it.
    Plays for Amble FC in the Morpeth Sunday League.

If it is then Boycott Arsenal !

• hibbit

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:02 AM

see the players are being lined up one by in a well choreographed routine of support the team and the new gaffer, just another round in Ashley’s continuous PR onslaught that so many are happy to except.

• Mund

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:02 AM

No tony the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Exactly what your doing with the repetitive crap you keep spouting

• toon22

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:03 AM

Hibbit

Nobody noticed the PR

It’s sad just how bad things have gotten

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:03 AM

Wouldn’t say no to us signing the guy Longstaff is trying to tackle !?!? Dack for Blackburn could easily make the step up to the premiership!

• toon22

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:04 AM

Mund

Tony’s is PR its fairly obvious

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:04 AM

Bruce, Agnew, Clemence and the players are pro’s. If they are any good then they’ll just get on with it. They aren’t the problem, not at all.

Bruce can’t win at Newcastle, but somebody has to do it, otherwise we all go down the pan together.

Know your enemy, Ashley, Barnes and Bishop.

• posada

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:04 AM

When did they put all those buildings up in Dinnington.
    Not been that way for a while.
    It’s looking good.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:04 AM

Tynemouth..

You don’t have a sense of humour.

Bet your mam is bored every time you come round.

And trust me…

If my mam, God bless her, was still around she would have roared at Joe Allen’s joke.

Bet your mam would too.

• geordietom

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:05 AM

Mund @24…

does that go for the frog as well ?…

• Mund

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:05 AM

Hahaha mate you do make me laugh with your ridiculous ways.

That pretend uncle told me weeks ago that Bruce would be manager so I guess he wasn’t as full of crap as I first thought. But again you repeatedly saying the stuff your saying against the people you have a problem with on this blog gets you know we’re does it? What’s the definition of insanity tony?

• toon22

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:06 AM

Oh I’m love how the traitor talked about SBR in his first interview

You and your mackem mates arnt wanted

• Tony Baloney

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:06 AM

What Mund has done is make ridiculous statements about his Uncle being an ITK and then spend about 500 words 50 or so times defending the false statements. Now he says I am insane.

He will probably claim Einstein made the statement of the definition of insanity soon. Which is an urban legend.

• toon22

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:07 AM

20 years experience

To date has came second in the FA cup under his belt

Worst win rate in prem history

Horray

• toon22

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:07 AM

Tony

Hiya

Who do you think he will pretend to sell us to next time?

• Mund

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:07 AM

Geordietom

I guess so mate but toon22 doesn’t bother me at all Tony full of baloney is very directive in what he says towards people. He probs got picked on his whole life and now he thinks it’s his time to shine

• toon22

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:08 AM

Tony

Undisclosed Payments

😉

• toon22

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:10 AM

Tony

You think you’ll stay awake till just about this time tomorrow again ?

Did you forget your American?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:10 AM

Mund: the stuff about your uncle and the takeover is documented on here, so give it a rest man.

1 2 3 8