web analytics

Sky Sports Reports That Newcastle Are Still Chasing Mateta And A New Target

Sky Sports reporter Kaveh Solhekol was on Sky Sports earlier today and said that Newcastle were still interested in Mainz striker Jean-Philippe Mateta.

We were linked with Mateta early last month with the claims that we had a bid of between €20-€25M turned down for the French striker.

It has been reported that the player would be available for fee in the €35-40M.

Jean-Philippe Mateta– very promising young striker

Mateta is a budding superstar and if Newcastle were to sign him along with Joelinton that bring some real firepower to Newcastle’s attack.

We can’t however see them paying fees in the range of £35m for two players. So Mateta may have be seen as a back-up plan in case the Joelinton deal falls through.

Solhekol mentions another striker in his report and one that would definitely be in Newcastle’s price range as a second striker addition this summer.

From our knowledge, we have not been linked with this player before.

Mbwana Samatta– Tanzanian scoring sensation

Mbwana Samatta is a twenty-six-year old Tanzanian striker who plays for Genk in Belgium. He has a sensational scoring record including an amazing 32 goals in 51 appearances for his Belgian club last year.

He has been heavily linked to Galatasaray as well as Aston Villa over the past few days. But according to Kaveh Solhekol he is on Newcastle’s shortlist. He is valued at about £10.5m.

Here is a tweet from a Newcastle fan showing the Sky Sports report about these two strikers.

• Sports Direct FC

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:16 PM

Season ticket sales must be way down

• Genjikai

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:17 PM

Bill if your going to do nowt, dont complain nee more.
    Over and out.
    Enjoy mike ashley fc.

Lesh bobby and anyone else who would want to be considered in having a chat with chris waugh on their reason for not renewing and boycotting.
    Then email me at genjikai.nufc@gmail.com
    Or get intouch with the magpie group twitter dm

• TomaKaThor

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:18 PM

Not seen anything of these two, but id take them, ofcourse we wont unless something is happening we are unaware of. Perhaps sell gayle and get one in ontop of Linton

• Jib

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:23 PM

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:28 PM

Copied and pasted from FB for the benefit of Munster, catchy, Yorkymag, Our Toon and beefman13 among a couple of others.
    ”All you lot wanting rid of Rafa must be proud as punch today. Whether you liked or hated the bloke and his brand of football it wasn’t about that at all, but you’ve got to be be most narrow minded individuals to not have realised or to have simply ignored the fact that he was the only thing stopping this club slipping into total chaos all over again. We’ve gone from a man who’s won countless silverware, and the only one willing to step up to Mike Ashley and try to change his putrid self-destructive way of running the club, to another one to add on to the “yes-man” list in Steve Bruce who’s going to nod and smile at Ashley’s every whim. So well done you sackless twats because this situation is exactly what you’ve been advocating all along, whether knowingly or not”

• bettyswallocks

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:31 PM

This Samatta lad is a helluva talent. I was in Tanzania when they Played Kenya in the ACN. They lost 3 – 2 but he set the first one up with a power driver from outside the box and they scored from the rebound , then he beat 3 defenders ended up on the byline, turned back and beat 2 more before blasting it in the bottom corner.

IMHO this lad is going all the way he has strength , speed , skill and a powerful shot. Just saying like.

• Jib

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:32 PM

One man’s total chaos
    Is another man’s new season with different coaching staff
    OK Bruce probably isn’t fit to lace Rafa’s shoes but the fans
    begged Rafa to stay and yet he went.
    Deal with it

• dig-n-dig22

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:36 PM

This is only SkySports news doing their bit for the fat tw@t trying to get the STs moving, after all Ashley wouldn’t dare ship any of our valuable nuggets out until he knows we have a full SJP

• toon22

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:37 PM

Ahh

JIB

So your saying Rafa let us down ?
    Nowt to do with Jabba ?

Its never Jabbas fault

• toon22

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:38 PM

Jabba really dont get it does he
    He really thinks he can smooth this over

He has gotten his own way for so long he has lost touch with reality

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:40 PM

Jib,
    I was at Fulham remember, the fans didn’t beg him to stay at all, everyone, imo knew he would be swayed by Ashley alone, are you insinuating he done the dirt again?

• beefman13

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:40 PM

I was more than happy for Benitez to stay, I was not ever that keen on him though, said it many times, I thought about 90 per cent he would stay, I thought there would be a takeover, b. Ollocks,
    Ukn hell Danny your a proper niggler arnt you, love to hear ya gob going.

• Jib

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:42 PM

Rafa said he wanted a project with a good squad that would
    do well in the PL and the cups especially the CL.
    I’m racking my brains to think of a Chinese team in the CL

• jimiley

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:43 PM

The Toon faithful are as thick as mince. Buy a player for 30 million and they will torture themselves again.
    The main man urinates in their faces and they open their gobs.
    I suppose you get used to the taste of urine after so many years when you are used to nowt else.
    This Joe Linton might be decent. Shall we go and watch him. He might keep us up??
    Morons who deserve all the urine coming their way.
    And then they have the cheek to moan!!!

• jimiley

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:45 PM

Rafa left because he was not allowed to manage. Presented with players by Penfold and told by Penfold who to sell. What world class manager wants to be dictated to by that master executive Mr Charmless??

• jimiley

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:48 PM

This has gone on for 12 years. It would not last 12 months at Liverpool or Arsenal. Our fans are morons.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:51 PM

Jib,
    He wanted it here, Ashley prefers managers like Bruce, a carbon copy of Mclaren, there wasn’t another project available and there was 30M on the table for two and a half years work which will set up his kids grandkids and some very nicely, if Ashley had of given him what the club can afford he would still be here instead of a Moyes, Allardyce, Bruce character.

• bill

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:57 PM

Genjikai,

Not sure if you were aiming at me but I stopped attending when MA arrived. I won’t be back until he has gone. I have signed up to do whatever I can, but living in Manchester, it isn’t easy to get out to do anything. I do the usual stuff like filling my basket at SD and leaving it but what else do you suggest?

I was in the crowds that got rid of Westwood and McKeag, by violent action. I think that is now down to others.
    I joined NUST in its infancy, but found them to be nothing but a talking shop. I have said this before on here, I offered them £5000 to add to the amount they could raise to get rid of Ashley, to no avail. Blaa, blaa,blaa.

Without action there is no reaction, Newtons Third Law.

• Billy Whitehursts V sign

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:57 PM

Brief update, I have always hated the close season but this time it is so much worse. With only 3 weeks to go I am still not interested. New £40 million Centre Forward, not interested.
    Ridiculous rumours of 4893 potential signings, not interested.
    New manager, not interested. Protests, not interested.
    Mike Ashley, not interested.
    New paint job; really not interested.
    Sky sports, Total sport, Talksport, absolutely NOT interested.
    What is wrong with me?? It is so sad and so unnecessary.
    Hopefully I will get it back……..
    It’s not sport if you’re not trying

• Mister Tuff

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:03 PM

Jib is Tony Baloney.

Give it a rest Jibaloney.

• Our Toon

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:05 PM

Jail

Rafa, pep, klopp whoever’s in charge it makes no difference, you went back and bought a season ticket purely based on rafa being manager. You were too shortsighted to see ashley would never change no matter who the manager was.

You even parted with money and put it in Ashley’s pocket because of Rafa, rafa done a stellar job and no one can deny that, he gave us a chance to have hope but he wasnt infallible which is something you failed to see or failed to acknowledge.

I come on here to vent and the blog gives me a chance to offload any gripes I may have. Most of the 2nd half of season I stayed off and made the odd comment to say I’m happy hence not being on to have a rant. It’s always short lived under Ashley though.

It’s pointless having someone of Rafa calibre with an owner like Ashley, and rafa should have walked in my opinion long before the end of his contract as he was treated with utter contempt, not by the fans or a few who went happy at the odd decision or tactic utilised but at the way the owner lied and used him.

Will you be the same with bruce or will double standards kick in, you may not have liked some of my comments but at least I’ve been consistent no matter who the manager is. Let’s see if you’ll be consistent!!

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:06 PM

Billy that’s exactly what I’ve been like over the last couple of years, I’ve fallen out of love with football, it’s Toon or nothing for me and since NUFC is (hopefully) temporarily in flux with this monster at the helm, my interest will continue to wane… It’s like being in mourning, just every day now i’m hoping for a miracle…

• bill

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:07 PM

Jib,
    A small point but Chinese clubs do not enter the Champions League. Rafa thought that NUFC were capable of achieving this given time. Why not, we have been there before?

I think MA has missed a great opportunity for his businesses in running NUFC on a shoestring. He could have gained a fantastic reputation within the sports world if he had made us into something special. He is now regarded as a hard nosed businessman, only interested in money. This generally turns people off, especially those interested in sport. His reputation is basically in the gutter.

• bill

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:11 PM

Mister Tuff I think that you may be correct, there seems to be a direct correlation between a lack of post from Jib and and increase from Tony Baloney.

• TomaKaThor

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:11 PM

Simply going of youtube, i would take Mateta over Linton and the other guy

• Our Toon

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:11 PM

Jail

Final note is all you look to do is have confrontation, you have a gripe with almost everyone on here. All you ever wanna do is have arguments / disagreements!!

Grow up and have sensible debates rather than walk at home, put a chip on your shoulder and come on the blog.

On a happier note, let me know of this walk is a go, it’s a good idea and something I’d definitely want to get involved with

• Billy Whitehursts V sign

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:12 PM

Lascelles, it’s awful, I want to be involved, interested, excited by new players, looking forward to Arsenal, looking forward to boycotting Arsenal, anything, but this…….

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:14 PM

About 8 names mentioned by The Chronicle. Not this guy and no Joelinton. All Smacks of Fake News to me I’m afraid.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:14 PM

Ashley will have wanted Rafa, but will not have wanted him dictating to him how to run the club, demanding long term commitments, particularly when he is trying to sell.

We now have Steve Bruce, a decent manager, a Geordie and an affable guy, who I’m happy enough to support along with the team as always. Rafa is gone, we need to move on.

The goal must be to continue to support our team while making it abundantly clear that Ashley is no longer tolerated on Tyneside.

Don’t waste your energy attacking the manager. Focus it on leveraging out the owner. He’s close, there is real interest, time to really turn up the heat.

• jane

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:18 PM

and Jib hasn’t been posting as jane either lately.

• toon22

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:19 PM

No hes been busy posting as Tony

• bill

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:20 PM

It sounds like most of us feel the same, becoming totally disillusioned with our football club. Like many others, I cannot support another team. I have tried but it doesn’t work. You have one football club in your heart and someone is stamping all over it.
    I cannot remember a time when I have felt so down. Even attending games when we were near the bottom of the old second division didn’t feel as bad as this.

• toon22

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:21 PM

Neil

Can we keep the picture of Rafa at the top of the page
    I personally doubt the traitor deserves his picture here

• toon22

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:23 PM

Jabba must honestly think he can keep at it with the lies and the asset stripping forever

Like it will have no consequences
    Hes so rich i bet his forgotten what those actually are

• toon22

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:24 PM

Rangers lose latest round of merchandise fight with Mike Ashley

He wont ever leave
    He will have to be removed by the HMRC

• Mister Tuff

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:25 PM

bill – lot’s of little things _- grammar, vocabulary relentlessness etc etc gives the game away.
    Taking the p**s out of other posters. No doubt.

Jib is Tony Baloney.

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:25 PM

Toon22… absolutely agree @33

• bill

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:29 PM

As I have said before people posting to cause problems usually have mental problems. Let them take their problems with them as they pass by.

• toon22

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:42 PM

I would like to officially call this he first lie

Newcastle boss Steve Bruce insists he will not be a puppet for Mike Ashley

• toon22

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:43 PM

Bruce said: “There have been a couple of things said and the big one is whether I am going to sit here and be a puppet.

“That won’t happen – and I am in charge of transfers. To say I won’t be in charge of recruitment has insulted me.

So Rafa left as he want going to be given any say in transfers but this guy thinks he will ?

Id say deluded at best