web analytics

Some Newcastle Fans Are Growing Very Skeptical About Joelinton Deal

As we wait for what we hope is the pending announcement of a new record transfer in Hoffenheim forward Joelinton. Some fans can’t help but be skeptical.

You can’t really blame any of them as yesterday Forbes reported the fee could reach as high as £48m which seems so unlike Newcastle under Mike Ashley.

While we suspect things are progressing and could even be completed by now, the announcement could be delayed as the team return back from China today.

Yesterday Hoffenheim captain Kevin Vogt spoke of Joelinton’s move to Newcastle, though he did suspect that Newcastle would not be his final destination. So there is little chance this is a ruse by Mike Ashley and company.

Here are some of the fan reaction to the seemingly endless amount of time it is taking to announce Joelinton.

• danishmag

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:06 PM

Still no signings?… no way, i do not believe it.. NO signings yet?.. Have we heard this shite before?

• RobLeenio

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:09 PM

Neil, some of our fans are sceptical that the world is round.

It doesn’t mean they’re right…

• RobLeenio

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:10 PM

Of course, if they said that it was a flat disc being carried through the cosmos on the backs of four elephants, who in turn stand on the back of a giant turtle, then that’s an entirely different matter.

• It's on

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:13 PM

Planewatchers. Where is the squad just now?

• crawfordm

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:13 PM

The arabs involved in a fakeover and saying nothing ! A brazilian now involved in a non transfer ?? How does Ashlie manage to gag so many people ? One would have thought the Brazilians reps would have said something over a week ago if not true.
    Undisclosed fees, gagging orders , non disclosure’s – all in a days work for Mashley dodgy dealings.

• Bobbybee

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:14 PM

Loch, missed the bus mate, see overleaf. 🙂

• Mindshaft

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:15 PM

not his last step – you mean he has a flight transfer at the airport???

• TikiTakaAcca

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:15 PM

Couldn’t care less.

He’s scored 22 in 87 and most of that time was in the Austrian League ..

36M is shocking.

Football is an all round embarrassment now, can’t wait for NFL to start up again.

• It's on

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:16 PM

No annoncements ’till Brucie can sit next to him for photos.

• Steve The Cabbage Heed

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:18 PM

Of course he will sign!! Why would he not??

The takeover?? Of course it will happen!!

We just need to wait and be patient…. The line is really a long way

• It's on

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:18 PM

annoncements = announcements

• SuperShearer

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:19 PM

Just to be clear – most fans are skeptical about EVERYTHING Newcastle related these days. And with good reason:

1. Takeovers – multiple. Not one has come to fruition.
    2. Rafa staying – nope.
    3. Interesting list of new managers – nope.
    4. Club breaking their transfer record for the second time in 6 months – nope.
    5. Season ticket renewals at a 10 year low – For. Good. Reason.

• Wayayman

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:19 PM

Bobby, mid table PL team eh? Let’s have this conversation again at the end of this season if Ashley is still owner.

The point is, it’s not the NUFC we know. It’s different to other owners we’ve had in the past precisely because of the way the game has moved on recently. Ashley only owns us to advertise SD globally – we are a hige tat shop window for him. He doenst put anything personally into the club yet denies an excellent manager the chance to use his vast experience and contacts to bring in players he thinks will improve the team.

That’s also why we are different to Blackpool, Coventry, the makems, Leeds, Pompey etc as we have a billionaire owner who wont even let the manager spend the clubs own money how they see fit. We’re not in the same league as clubs like Wolves, Bournemouth, Everton and Spurs, all clubs that we have been light years ahead before he took over.

• Steve The Cabbage Heed

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:20 PM

Annoncements???

That is what happens in Sunderland

• It's on

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:21 PM

Imagine if they have the conveyor belt like on the Generation Game with Brucie lining up the players for sale. Remember we have a squad of about 29 just now and can only carry 25 registered over 21 yo players.

• Wayayman

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:21 PM

And this wasnt meant to provoke another irate response Bobby, it’s just a conversation with two opposing opinions. I admire you for seeing the big picture and sacrificing not going to the Arsenal game.

• dee em

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:22 PM

I hope the story about the Arabs seeking American money is for the growth and not the purchase. If they look at the Man City model the only way to get near them and increase the brand value is to invest more than twice the 350 million purchase price in players even in the medium term. I also cannot believe they made the statement of proof of funds back in April as a lie – very proud people in that part of the world and they also would have been wary having failed with Liverpool.

• optimistic prime

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:30 PM

Why are other clubs like Sunderland and Villa laughing at us?

Because they know eventually they’ll be ahead of us because their clubs put sporting achievements before the balance sheet.

They have owners that want them to recover and recreate past glories and we have Ashley and his bean counters

Que the doormats

• Jib

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:34 PM

Phew the blog stinks of Mackem wums today
    But if you are in League1 and just lost your
    best player – Lee Cattermole
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Sorry shouldn’t laff

What else is there to do ?

• RobLeenio

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:37 PM

dee em, I agreed with your entire post up until that last point.

There has never been any suggestion that there was a failed bid by BZG for Liverpool, apart from in the media.

Most observers say that BZG went to Liverpool, were told the price was £2 Billion, said “OK, then” and walked away. That’s not a takeover attempt, that’s me wandering into a jewellers asking about a nice watch I see in the window and realising that I’m not going to get that one past the missus at the end of the month.

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:41 PM

Jib classy as ever – toe the Ashley line or you’re a mackem wum. Apparently he reckons taking your spine out and serving Mike is being a proper Mag. Proper Mags just shut up and pay up and don’t mind being comic relief for other clubs fans.

• IrishRob

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:41 PM

Told ye if he wasnt announced by this morning it ain’t us who’s buying him. He apparently had a medical friday or sat last week usually it takes an hour or two after that until he’s announced. So it’s either someone else like wolves or palace buying him or he was only being used to make it look like were buying someone.

There was just no way in hell Ashley was gonna spend 30-50M on a player, and if he did then somone else owns us or partly owns us its as simple as that.

• hibbit

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:42 PM

Bruce and Joe Linton and the new away strip at the same press conference is just to big of an opportunity for Ashley and his PR team to miss the press a media coverage will be intense,
    if he’s signed the unveiling will be tomorrow, to achieve the biggest impact possibly.

• Mindshaft

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:43 PM

I think the Spurs model is probably what Ash would like to achieve – their net spend probably isn’t that much over last 10 years and they’ve bought a brand new stadium and have a state of the art training facility…. just shows what can be done if the club is ran properly and how badly Ash and Charnley are running Newcastle

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:44 PM

Jib fyi I have a friend who is a diehard mackem (nobody’s faultless etc) and if you saw the smirk on his face as he waits for reaction to his questions on how I feel about getting Brice as manager, or Andy Carroll coming back or What’s happened with this takeover etc you’d realise your “give him a chance” and decidedly pro Ashley stance makes you look like one of them more than anyone. Its what keeps their dreams alive knowing we are taking all this willingly.

• Our Toon

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:44 PM

Rob

Liverpool said they never recieved an offer as the club was not for sale, they said that FSG never met the arabs.

Our friends who now form BZG said they’ve offered 2.6b and that 750m was coming from a swiss hedge fund.

Funny that isnt, seems so bizarre yet so familiar. Fast forward to today and it’s not to dissimilar to the nonsense coming out of UAE

• justthetoonofus

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:44 PM

Does anyone think that the players we’ve been linked with are related to the takeover? Like most people, fat ashley isnt going to spend 50 milly on a striker. Similar deal to when mansour bought man city

• Mindshaft

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:46 PM

Jib actually amazes me… I’m not sure how he manages to get food in his mouth with his head so far up ashleys ass

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:46 PM

Hibbit – yep. Ashley bringing out both barrels of PR

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:48 PM

Probably having an SD tent made that’s big enough to throw over Steve Bruce. Plus it’s very windy today so it would be awkward to carry out.

• Our Toon

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:50 PM

Joelinton will be coming here but as expected it’ll be a stepping stone, as I said anything beyond tuesday with no announcement would make alarm bells ring.

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:50 PM

Mouthwash or enema jib? Must be a difficult decision?

• Moonraker15

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:51 PM

He turned up at SJP with his agent, spotted Charnley and the fckin black painted walls and said “get me out of here sharpish, it a voodoo coven”!!

• Bobbybee

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:52 PM

Wayayman I KNOW mate. I’ve been going to SJP all my life, away games until my health went south too.
    So what? I’m boycotting Arsenal to make a point. My point. Nobody else’s. My decision. I’m all grown up I can make those choices. But I’m not demanding anybody else should. That’s a decision for them to make. Not me. Not you.
    Look at it another way. Would you go to games if I came on here and demanded you did? Of course you wouldn’t. Why should you? So….?
    Honestly, who do people think they are? You can’t tell grown adults what to do and how to spend their money. I can’t believe I’m having to repeat this.
    I’m boycotting Arsenal. Anybody who doesn’t agree with me isn’t a real Newcastle fan. Seriously? Who made me king for the day?
    So we won’t win anything under Ashley. Strange, I’ve never seen us win anything but then, that’s not why I support Newcastle. If success is that important, we picked the wrong club mate. Not that I had any choice – but I wouldn’t change it.
    If 50k turn up against Arsenal, maybe I got it wrong. Then again, first game is when a lot are on holiday so it never sells out as a rule.
    Deliberately missing a game is gonna rip my heart out but I want to make a point, but that doesn’t mean I have a right to demand everybody does it. I’m doing it and I don’t even think it will work – and I’m not the only one. It’s never worked mate. Ever. Why should we be different? It damages the club and a lot of people don’t want to do that.
    But, despite that, I will boycott Arsenal. My choice. My decision. And that applies across the board. Every single fan has a choice to make and nobody – absolutely nobody – has a right to demand anything from them.

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:52 PM

It’s deafening here with all these alarm bells ringing.

The swap Benitez for Bruce alarm
    The Bogus takeover attempt alarm
    The is-it-or-isnt-it-over-the-line transfer alarm

Wish someone would turn them off can’t hear meself think. 🙂

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:54 PM

Getting used to the relegation alarm now though

• IrishRob

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:57 PM

Dee I wish I could down vote your comment because the naivety is off the scale!!

• hibbit

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:58 PM

• Our Toon

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:58 PM

Quite sad coming on here and its seems as though theres a few that hope we fail under bruce, hope transfers dont go through etc. Expectation is we’ll be relegated this season which to be honest isnt a surprise. If bruce keeps us up will he get any plaudits?

Also rafa has gone as he’s found a club that will match his ambition, time to move on. Last I checked we were Newcastle utd football club not Rafa Benitez football club

• Moonraker15

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:02 PM

If this Joelinton is any good why are we the only club interested? Are our scouts seeing something the others can’t? Does he even exist?
    This club is an embarrassment! Ashley can’t be allowed to rob us blind; we have to protest to get the media on our side and force the slug to change or sell up. Also Charnley’s getting away with murder. He’s got to take some responsibility for this chaos!