web analytics

Some Newcastle Fans Are Growing Very Skeptical About Joelinton Deal

As we wait for what we hope is the pending announcement of a new record transfer in Hoffenheim forward Joelinton. Some fans can’t help but be skeptical.

You can’t really blame any of them as yesterday Forbes reported the fee could reach as high as £48m which seems so unlike Newcastle under Mike Ashley.

While we suspect things are progressing and could even be completed by now, the announcement could be delayed as the team return back from China today.

Yesterday Hoffenheim captain Kevin Vogt spoke of Joelinton’s move to Newcastle, though he did suspect that Newcastle would not be his final destination. So there is little chance this is a ruse by Mike Ashley and company.

Here are some of the fan reaction to the seemingly endless amount of time it is taking to announce Joelinton.

• Moonraker15

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:04 PM

Our toon
    NO we are Mike Ashley football club!

• Mindshaft

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:04 PM

OurToon – you mean Mike Ashey football club, neither Bruce nor Rafa have any input other than to coach players and there’s a lot of evidence that Bruces coaching results in gaining the 2nd worst prem points return since prem began… let’s see though – don’t think anyone can blame Bruce for taking job and he’s no worse than McClaren / Carver / Pards / Kinnear … typical Ashley yes man desperate for a prem job

• IrishRob

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:04 PM

Mindshaft it doesn’t matter so much but to say Spurs have a low net spend is just wrong they have a massive net spend and owe hundreds of millions, the reason they aren’t buying players the past 2-3 years is because they couldn’t afford to.

• outside the box

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:09 PM

joe linton deal…..3 year package £40 million …. does sound like a stepping stone.. if he does sign can see him asking for new contract in 12 month time ….relegation clause …buyout clause …
    all will come become evident when length of contract is mentioned…
    any further signings will not be sanctioned until other players are off books loan or otherwise…

• Bobbybee

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:09 PM

Wayayman, that was the point of my original post. 🙂 We shouldn’t be rowing with each other.

OP, I didn’t mention Villa mate. The point I’m trying to make – unsuccessfully it appears – is that we’re a PL club making such a fuss, whilst Sunlun, Coventry and Blackburn fans scratch their heads and wonder wtf we’re crying about?
    Look at the mess they’re in. All won trophies since we won one last. We’re nothing special, just one of 92 other league clubs. Most of which are looking up at us.
    I’m not happy with Ashley. Nobody is, but he’s not NUFC mate, we are.
    So all I’m saying is, if people can’t be bothered anymore, or are just too sick to carry on, then fine. I get it. The fact I’m boycotting Arsenal means I’m pretty sick too, but not everybody feels the same and you can’t make them. We’ve just got to accept not everybody sees it that way. We’re all different people.
    All this bickering isn’t helping and people are leaving the blog because they’re unhappy being attacked. It’s all about opinions mate and we just have to realise not everybody thinks that way.

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:13 PM

Bruce, the new kit, and a new signing, Drum Roll, Lipton Tea will be served instead of PG tips at halftime, Mr Ashley would like to apologize for the mistake, someone said Lipton and people wrote Linton.

• Our Toon

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:15 PM

Mindshaft, moonraker

No we arent mike ashley football unless he’s changed the name of the club. Just like we’ve never been Sir john hall football club, he’s the current incumbent of the club nothing more. Football is still mine and something I’ll always love, just because the owners a complete ahole (to put it nicely) doesn’t mean my love for my club has diminished or it’s any less of my club.

I’ve maintained my stance which is now in its 5th year of boycotting, with the exception of the odd game (3 games in 5 years) due to work commitments with clients. I’ll return happily when Ashley goes but make no mistake this is our club.

• geordietom

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:15 PM

i cant believe people come on here and want us not to make any signings … cant believe they want us relegated…

we are NEWCASTLE UNITED …

telling people how to spend their money its their money ffs …

• Bobbybee

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:23 PM

Our Toon, who’d have thought it eh? We finally get to be on the same side lmao!! 🙂

• nufc 11

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:26 PM

Knowing Lee Charnley he will break the transfer record again alwrite but only to resign Joselu for 25 million wait for it, you couldn’t make up the incompetence at NUFC.

• Bobbybee

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:27 PM

We are Newcastle United. We will always be Newcastle United. If you can’t support us under Ashley, that’s fine and understandable. Don’t go for now. You’ll be welcomed back after Ashley leaves.

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:28 PM

How many have actually said they WANTED relegation though? All this alarmism and lying is just obfuscation. Some have said they’d take it if it meant Ashley going, thats nowhere near the same. If you don’t want to prove toon22 right stop looking like an Ashley puppet by posting those remarks and ragging off fans who have had enough, just because you want to roll over with a petty excuse don’t tar them with your sloppy brush.

• Tramp

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:28 PM

Geordietom

Can you tell me why you wouldn’t want us relegated?

Can you give a very good answer to that?

What difference would it make to you?

What is the point of remaining in the Prem just to fight relegation year in, year out, get knocked out of every cup early doors, show no ambition to improve training facilities, watch your best players leave and see minimal investment back in to the squad.

There is no effort or ambition from the club to achieve or do anything but exist so what exavtly are you supporting? When you say we are Newcastle United, what exactly do you mean by that? This isn’t Newcastle United. This is Mike Ashley United.

People have every right to tell you and anybody they like what to do with your own money… Because placing it in to the hands of the owner YOU are the problem.

BoycottNUFC

• IrishRob

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:29 PM

Geordie I’m sure your wife tells you how to spend your money tbf.

• hibbit

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:33 PM

our toon
    that’s very interesting do you have a link??
    this piece in The Mirror and the Liverpool Echo seems to contradict most of it ?????https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-takeover-details-fsg-rejected-13130398

• Bobbybee

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:33 PM

There you go Tom, you ain’t allowed to decide anything. You’ll do as you’re told. And be grateful for it.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Wow. Unbelievable arrogance.

• hibbit

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:36 PM

that was for OUR TOON @26

• Genjikai

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:36 PM

Bobby the protest the other night was decided 5 hours before it happened. There was 2 separate demonstrations one outside SD the other outside SJP.
    So all in total about 80 people turned up. You got to realise alot of people work all over the north east on different shift patterns. 300 people turned up the open magpie night on the monday.
    For protests to draw more people they need to be better advertised unless its a spur of the moment reaction ie. Bruces appointment. Were you need a good base of activists ready to pounce.
    Btw that protest outside of sjp was organised by a different rival blog. Grief it all you want it seems they have more passion for there club than the majority of you on here.
    Sir bobby robson would be devastated at how ashley has ran the toon.
    The general consensus on here now is you all seem happy with ashley at the helm.
    Whats the crack with that?

• Our Toon

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:36 PM

Bobby

I was thinking the same thing as I was typing, who would have thought it haha. It’s true though and I do listen to others opinions even at times it seems as though I dont.

In my opinion rafa was great to have but it also gave us false hope, the best thing he’s done is not sign a new contract so fans can now concentrate on supporting the team aswell as getting the main problem out of the door which is Ashley.

Bruce has got a rough ride on here and he may well be a yes man but the problem isnt Bruce, the problem is ashley, I wont ever stop calling this my club or changing its name because an owner is so disinterested in my opinion or anyones opinion. He’s here for a short time, unfortunately he picked a time when I’m alive. I’ll still love nufc, and it’ll always be nufc to me!!

Good in you btw on boycotting arsenal game, I know we’ve been at loggerheads over this previously but says alot about you as a fan especially considering you’ve paid upfront for that ticket. That is a much bigger sacrifice than me boycotting when I’ve not paid a penny, guess I’m saying it’s easier said than done when you’ve not got a ticket in advance. Hope your health is ok bud, let’s stay united as fans on and off the pitch!!

• toon22

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:37 PM

Business as usual

• geordietom

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:39 PM

tramp …

firstly if we get relegated again there will be no coming back imo . we will end up like the mackems .

the difference it would make to me . being in the 3rd division for starters …

show me where it says Mike Ashley United…

i want rid of Fat Ash as much as the next person …

i never buy owt from his shops i dont go to matches ( last game i watched was at pride park ) ..

so Tramp why have a go at me when theres other people on here think the same …

• Our Toon

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:39 PM

• Genjikai

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:39 PM

Our toon hes here for a short time?
    He could be here for another 20 years.
    Lets all club mike ashley fc.
    Cause thats what your doing.

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:40 PM

Our Toon it will be difficult to find a more blinkered and thoroughly hoodwinked Ashley punter than you. Not impossible mind. 😐

• Genjikai

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:40 PM

Club^clap

• Our Toon

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:41 PM

They had a similar article in Arabian business aswell

• geordietom

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:41 PM

Bobby …

yep mate but i like you wont keep my mouth shut …

i want put my thoughts on here i’ll put them on simple as that …

• RobLeenio

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:42 PM

Who didn’t think that the Championship promotion season was our most enjoyable season in years? It was, for sure – definitely more enjoyable than the two seasons in the Prem since we were promoted again, notwithstanding the Man City win, the Dubravka debut Man U win and a few other highlights. There were lots of wins, lots of goals, the expectation of a good performance and a good result when match day arrived. It was fun. That 4-3 vs Norwich city was an amazing game.

I don’t actively want us to be relegated, but if that’s the price we have to pay to get rid of Ashley, I’ll take it and look forward to another season of good football.

The problem is, there’s no guarantee of Ashley selling if we are relegated. Actually, as the Mackems showed us, there’s no guarantee of competitive, enjoyable football either. In fact, it could potentially be the beginning of the end of our club, as it could be for the Mackems too.

As I said, I’ll therefore not hope for relegation but I will embrace it and hope it helps our cause if it comes – but it would be a huge gamble.

• IrishRob

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:43 PM

Exactly hibbit, people are fooling themselves by trying to say there wasnt a bid of two million. There was a bid and BZG couldn’t prove funds, liverpool have said this numerous times.

Why cant people face it that BZG might not have the money they lead us to believe or that we think they have, and why on earth do people fall for the… ooh they have honor or decency when it comes to telling the truth. To put it in the words of Eamon Dunphy, ” it’s laughable Bill “

• optimistic prime

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:43 PM

Bobby

It wasnt aimed at you, I respect your decision regarding the protests.

It’s the others saying it’s pointless and na saying, all this tea room wingers bollocks.

A empty ground will raise awareness and nothing more, it wont hurt Ashley’s pockets. However if enough stay away it might be a kick in the arse to all those who talk yet do nothing.

I agree the bickering does nothing and it’s the usual suspects nae saying and trying to throw cold water on anything like a protest.

You can tell they’re all company and yes men, do nothing to upset the apple car but will happily grass you up for a raise.

I stopped going ages ago and it feels like I care more about the club than certain sections, people can say the club will be here after Ashley leaves but in what state will it be?

It already needs major surgery and it’s not far from needing a triple bypass.

• Genjikai

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:43 PM

Youve got people in australia sending wreaths over to charnley to say fcuk you
    Then people in the toon doing fcuk all about it.
    Im unhappy about this that, do something about it.
    If your not going to make a stand stop complaining lap it up and love the show mike ashley puts in front of you.

• Our Toon

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:44 PM

Tsunki

Interesting comment, explain how I’ve been hoodwinked by Ashley considering I’ve been boycotting for 5 years with the exception of 3 games in that time. I’ve not bought a toon top since Keegan left 2nd time round, I dont buy any products from any mash holding companies and havent done so for a decade.

Maybe you’ve changed tact because Ashley hoodwinked you by bringing in rafa and you thought oh he’s changed time to support us again?

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:44 PM

But people ARE doing what they are told. Put up with Ashley’s outward – sourcing tickover model. Put up with the worst manager appointment since carver. Buy stuff off Mike to keep him coming back at you for more. Accept Mike’s “No Cups” policy. Accept dallying with relegation every few years. Accept being the mugs of the league. Accept bring portrayed as hilariously delusional by the media.

Milgrams37 by Peter Gabriel. We do what were told. Told to do.

• Jib

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:46 PM

• Phil K

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:46 PM

This crap stretches on and on and on and on – just like the “takeover” bullshit from that bastard Ashley.
    He won’t sell, but he won’t use any money either. Igor Charnley expected to be conveniently outbid by now….
    I’m not at all happy with JoeShmoe’s attitude either. He seems to be treating us like a way to get into the Prem and then onto another club as quickly as possible. We’ve had enough of those kind.
    And the baldy bastard just keeps dropping names and doing NOTHING to sign anyone.
    We haven’t even signed a FREE AGENT yet – it’s my guess when they spend nothing, to say look we signed this upcoming young player from Chelsea what are you complaining about ? That Chelsea let him go because he’d blow over by a strong breeze, or be knocked off the ball by a 6 year old girl is why no-one else is interested.

This is the lowest these bastards have gone. Time for not only a boycott but to take it further like French strikers do

• optimistic prime

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:46 PM

Genj

TMG need a Twitter and Instagram account to organise these things better.

Or just a Ashley out page for the same thing

• Bladey

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:49 PM

Everybody knows JIB is a pathetic little ASH arse licker he tries so well to hide it but it only works when his carer feeds him his meds
    He should of left this blog for good but crawled back like a puppet
    ASH IN WISE OR PARDEW IN MUGS OUT

• Our Toon

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:49 PM

Genkijal

He could be here for another 40 years for all I know or you know. The club will be around alot longer than you, me or ashley, I’m not a defeatist so I refuse to call it anything other than my club or nufc.

Feel free to make a rallying call to take back the club, but it’s a bit hollow if you think it’s called mike ashley football club. I’m doing my bit in my opinion by boycotting and have been doing it long before it come into fashion because rafa left!!

• Tsunki

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:49 PM

Our Toon if you’ve done that then good for you well done and I mean that not being sarcastic.

I just find your acceptance of Bruce as the status quo far fetched. I’ll support the team in so far as I hope they do well despite their shackles, but I won’t get behind a sub standard championship never-was who is Ashley’s joke against the Mags.

• B&W blood

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:50 PM

I haven’t decided if i am boycotting or not yet, it is good to see some more reasoned viewpoints on here today, i will decide closer to the time,
    but what is really winding me up and making me more likely to attend is the abuse people who are going to attend are getting. I haven’t heard one person who is keeping their season ticket telling ones who have given them up that they must attend and abusing them for giving up and having a different view, can we not just let everyone do what they feel is right and respect their decision.