web analytics

Liam Gibson Has Picked Up An Injury In Pre-Season Action At Scarborough

Newcastle left-back Liam Gibson who is on loan at Grimsby Town has picked up a knock in his third game of pre-season action for the Mariners. He started the game but had to be removed after just four minutes due to an injury.

There is no word on how serious the injury is or if Liam was just removed as a precaution.

The Chronicle put out an interview from the Grimsby Telegraph with Gibson this morning. The interview is from last week and was when he had arrived at Grimsby town.

This is what Liam Gibson said about his arrival at Grimsby:

“I can’t wait. I came down on Tuesday and then met the lads the following day, and I feel like I’ve settled in already,” he told Grimsby Live.

“Everyone’s made me feel very welcome, so I’m really pleased to be here.

“I really want to kick on now and forget everything that’s happened in the past. I’m just hoping to get a good few games under my belt this season.

“In the past, I’ve always been worried about my health and whether I’d go downhill again, and worried about being laid up in bed ill.

“Now everything’s sorted, I can just focus fully on my football, and that can only be a positive thing for me, and hopefully I can have a good season with Grimsby.

“Since I left Accrington and went back to Newcastle, I always knew I’d be trying to get back out on loan again.

“I’m glad I’ve managed to get something sorted this summer rather than January as I think it gives you a bit more time to find your feet, rather than going straight in without getting to know the lads, the manager and all the staff.

“I had a good conversation with him, and he showed me round the training ground and stadium.

“He just told me what he expects from me and how I was going to fit into the team, so the talks are very positive, and it confirmed that it was a good decision to move here.

“The manager was saying that he wants to be in and around at least the Play-Offs come the end of the season, and I honestly think that can be achieved.”

Last week Liam completed his first 45 minutes of action in the Lincolnshire Senior Cup at Gainsborough Trinity.

He then made his first start for Grimsby Town in the Mariners’ 1-0 win at home against Doncaster this past Friday. He was able to play for 56 minutes before being replaced.

We hope today’s knock is nothing more than that and is not another setback for the youngster as he has had enough of those already in his short career.

• Lindisfarne

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:00 PM

First man down

• optimistic prime

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:01 PM

Gutted for the lad, a chance to escape the madhouse and get sound real time on the clock and this.

Chin up lad quality always shines through.

• optimistic prime

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:02 PM

Some.

Spell checker can lick my tatties

• jazzyp

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:05 PM

by that photo looks like he’s been eating to many pies

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:07 PM

Repost

Munster

you havent been reading the blog then. call me whatever you want, you have the worst PL manager and 22 yo kid to replace 20 goals. so you.and others want to jump on those who didnt believe it? Yep, that helps. before today there was a net spend of 5 million in 12 years. people already rushing out to buy tix to fill the stadium first day. MA continues to feed us scraps and everyone keeps coming back for more.

• Scythe For Bruce

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:08 PM

Liam Gibson? Looks more like Louis CK.

• Scythe For Bruce

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:11 PM

I wonder if Ashley smashed our transfer record today as a middle finger to Rafa? ‘See what you could have had if you’d been a bit more cooperative and not tried to run everything?’

Except as our manager that was Rafa’s job. To oversee the running of the club and to try and improve it from the youth teams to recommending what we needed in the training facilities. He wanted to make the club better, but Mike didn’t see that as an advantage, he saw it as a threat.

What a fool.

• jazzyp

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:12 PM

Sports direct

As Hibbit says “Divide and Conquer ”
    That is what Ashley has achieved mate.And this will remain the case until he sells up because he has coursed such a divide within the group of fans now.Spend a bit of money and I guarantee there will be 5 or 6k easily pleased and the boycott will have been forgotten about

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:15 PM

jazzyp

I’m waiting for the MA is great signs opening match. Maybe it’s just me but I thought it was expected for owners to buy players. shows how little is expected after 12 years.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:16 PM

ou couldn’t make it up.

Dubravka was called a journeyman, Shcar, Fernandez and Ki relegation team members and Rondon a cheap no fkn good Prem failure of a striker.

All because they cost little or nowt.

Now we sign a player for £40M and he’s $hite as well.

What sad miserable lives some ‘fans’ of NUFC lead.

HWTL.

• Our Toon

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:17 PM

Sports direct fc is Ashley paying you to advertise the name or you doing it for free? 😉

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:18 PM

Bruce

I thinks it’s more to shift the blame of Rafa leaving on Rafa. MA can now say Rafa solely left for more money.

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:19 PM

Bill

who said he was shite?

• Our Toon

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:21 PM

It was always reported that rafa would have money to spend this window, and if hoffenheim or reports or nufc are to be believed we apparently wanted this lad in January.

No one knows the real reason rafa left but he did mention ambition as one of the reasons, hence the move to china makes no sense to me other than money

• Bobbybee

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:21 PM

Been away all day so pleasantly surprised to see Joelinton signed when I get back.
    Does this confirm the club’s for sale still? I’m inclined to suspect it does as we haven’t heard anything further from BZG since they said they were still buying. Sounds very unlike Ashley to spend 40m smackers after all. Not expecting them to buy now, but later in the year? Let’s hope so. We could do without this division

• dig-n-dig22

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:22 PM

Moonraker15 #42 earlier thread Regarding the sale of Longstaff.

Don’t panic, remember, Bruce said “longstaff is going nowhere”,also remember, Bruce told us he is his own man.
    So all bases covered!!

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:23 PM

our toon

MA doesnt pay for advertising. The club is just a way to funnel cash to SD.

• Just a fan

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:24 PM

Yes s new record signing it’s Ashleys fault.
    Ashley stop spending money your supposed to be tight.

• Tinman

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:25 PM

Rafa was the best manager we’ve had since SBR. But Rafa is not a top 20 manager anymore, his style of football (like Mourinho) is dead and buried.

He left for the money. Simple as that.

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:26 PM

Our toon

you think rafa left for cash?? lol. I guess that’s why he stayed for the relegation and consistently said it wasn’t about how much money you spend. He wanted to build a squad and have ambition.

• Our Toon

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:26 PM

SD FC

I know he doesn’t pay for advertising hence asking you the question, find it bizarre that someone would pick a name that promotes an Ashley company

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:27 PM

yes MA thank you for spending 40 million in 12 years. your the best owner ever.

• 9

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:28 PM

I see the beggars on here can’t bring themselves to welcome good new. What a life they must lead.

• Our Toon

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:29 PM

SD FC

I think cash played a huge role in why he chose to go to China, 12m a year is alot of money.

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:29 PM

our toon

it’s a reminder of what you all are actually supporting. but from your posts I see you already know that. make sure you thank MA for your scraps.

• 9

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:29 PM

x beggars
    X news

• 9

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:30 PM

x neggars
    X news

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:30 PM

1 signing and rafa us to blame. lol cant make this stuff up.

• 9

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:30 PM

Sorry!

• jane

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:31 PM

where’s toon22 when PR is needed.

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:31 PM

shall I assume you think we will finish top 10 with Bruce a 1 signing? or are you happy to fight relegation every year?

• jazzyp

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:31 PM

Yep another alter ego graces the blog

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:32 PM

plenty of PR going on right now

• Tinman

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:32 PM

Btw I mean his style of football is dead to the top sides. It’s almost perfect for a relegation battling team.

Before I get called out…. luckily jail is at the pub

• Our Toon

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:33 PM

He’s not daft though as he knew that even if money was spent and he committed to stay, all we would do is survive which is why I think he left.

He was already getting the maximum out of any potential under Ashley. It wasnt going to get any better, top 8, top 6 or europe were all out of the question. That’s why he left in my opinion but he chose china for money

• 9

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:34 PM

Sports a 31: That’s the style, keep it negative.

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:34 PM

he left because there was no ambition. it’s that simple

• jazzyp

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:35 PM

Newcastle united in talks for Brazilian Marrony according to SSN

• 9

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:35 PM

Sports, by the way, do you think 1 signing is all we’ll get? As I say, keep it negative, good lad.

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:35 PM

Since when did the truth become negative? I do see you wont answer the question.

1 2 3 9