web analytics

Liam Gibson Has Picked Up An Injury In Pre-Season Action At Scarborough

Newcastle left-back Liam Gibson who is on loan at Grimsby Town has picked up a knock in his third game of pre-season action for the Mariners. He started the game but had to be removed after just four minutes due to an injury.

There is no word on how serious the injury is or if Liam was just removed as a precaution.

The Chronicle put out an interview from the Grimsby Telegraph with Gibson this morning. The interview is from last week and was when he had arrived at Grimsby town.

This is what Liam Gibson said about his arrival at Grimsby:

“I can’t wait. I came down on Tuesday and then met the lads the following day, and I feel like I’ve settled in already,” he told Grimsby Live.

“Everyone’s made me feel very welcome, so I’m really pleased to be here.

“I really want to kick on now and forget everything that’s happened in the past. I’m just hoping to get a good few games under my belt this season.

“In the past, I’ve always been worried about my health and whether I’d go downhill again, and worried about being laid up in bed ill.

“Now everything’s sorted, I can just focus fully on my football, and that can only be a positive thing for me, and hopefully I can have a good season with Grimsby.

“Since I left Accrington and went back to Newcastle, I always knew I’d be trying to get back out on loan again.

“I’m glad I’ve managed to get something sorted this summer rather than January as I think it gives you a bit more time to find your feet, rather than going straight in without getting to know the lads, the manager and all the staff.

“I had a good conversation with him, and he showed me round the training ground and stadium.

“He just told me what he expects from me and how I was going to fit into the team, so the talks are very positive, and it confirmed that it was a good decision to move here.

“The manager was saying that he wants to be in and around at least the Play-Offs come the end of the season, and I honestly think that can be achieved.”

Last week Liam completed his first 45 minutes of action in the Lincolnshire Senior Cup at Gainsborough Trinity.

He then made his first start for Grimsby Town in the Mariners’ 1-0 win at home against Doncaster this past Friday. He was able to play for 56 minutes before being replaced.

We hope today’s knock is nothing more than that and is not another setback for the youngster as he has had enough of those already in his short career.

• one fine day

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:09 PM

BREAKING….CHARNLEY MOVES IN A 22 YEAR OLD BRAZILIAN ..wife said to be fuming !
    “No comment” says the chubby funster and part time football executive.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:09 PM

Robleenio,

I don’t need any protection.

But… since I told tOP earlier today I would be giving him a miss from now on he’s dribbled another 4 or 5 childish posts.

As I keep saying, I aint the aggressor on here.

Others start it, I respond, and when I call it a day – like with Jail – the likes of OP just keep going on, and on, and on, and on.

Brings a smile to my face I must admit.

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:10 PM

1 signing and everything is forgiven – till the next time. This is a toxic relationship and a bunch of flowers every now and then doesn’t make it all right.

Fickle fans who have bee took in with Joelinton need to look at the big picture – net spend of £0 (Perez / Hoser) – and yet I see people now wanting to go back to supporting the regime!!!!

SAD – unless you want another 10 years of FatAsh – always looking for a profit – not a winning team

• one fine day

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:11 PM

JFA @ 85
    Bang on the money

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:11 PM

Hiya Bills

Hahahahaha

It’s tough doing PR @ the toon

• Sports Direct FC

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:11 PM

thought we were having somewhat of a decent conversation, but apparently you would rather be condescending with the “good lad “. enjoy the season I guess we will see where bruce has us soon enough.

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:13 PM

SW won’t let the traitor do anything for us
    He may have quit but his still under contract

I’m sure the courts and the league will take a very dim view of the traitor, he’s done this before

• Tsunki

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:17 PM

The revs climbas the PR engine is smoothly shifted into 6th gear.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:17 PM

SD FC,

If you post that we won’t finish top 10 with Bruce and 1 signing…

And I say wait until the window ends before you make that statement…

I fail to see how you can accuse me of saying it looks like you are saying we won’t sign anybody else.

If that’s not what you mean…

What the hell do you mean??

• Tsunki

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:18 PM

So this must mean Benitez has been refusing transfer funds for three years! The scoundrel!

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:19 PM

Are we still for sale ?
    You think they might comment now or are they going to claim they hadn’t noticed the last few months

Utter utter shambles

• RobLeenio

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:19 PM

pain in the neck
    @Toonymctoonface
    He even has a black and white heed

😀

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:20 PM

Bills

Hiya KBA

We still for sale ?
    You think SW will roll over and let Jabba tickle their bellies

• Mister Tuff

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:21 PM

Mr Tubbs seems to have “the measure” of Geordie. Every con trick has worked so far. When the waters get choppy flash a few quid and Geordie rolls over, legs up in the air waiting for a belly tickle.

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:22 PM

Or are we all to just forget this fakeover
    Let’s focus on the next one

9th times the charm

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:23 PM

How many times is he going to sell us?

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:23 PM

frog,

What’s it like being a bottom feeder?

Is that why you talk so much $hite?

In fact…

You’ve got a terrible dose of diarrhoea.

The Shite just keeps coming and coming and coming.

The blog is dripping with it.

HWTL.

• Sports Direct FC

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:24 PM

Bill’s

we have signed 1 player, that’s what I’m on about. its an easy question with 1 signing and bruce do you think we will finish in the top ten? I will make it easy for you….do you think we will finish top.10 with bruce this year…..more signings or not. I dont, it doesnt matter who or how many we sign. I’m not going to count more signings because we dont have more…
    only 1.

• dig-n-dig22

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:24 PM

Bigjim67 #106

Rafa didn’t leave, Ashley was never going to offer Rafa a new contract, things will become a lot clearer when the window closes.

• Sports Direct FC

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:26 PM

mister tiff

said this before, 1 signing and all is forgiven. same happened in January with almiron.

• RobLeenio

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:29 PM

Those saying that we’ve been had, Joelinton is not a true number 9, think back to the Arsenal front 3 of Pires, Bergkamp and Henry.

None of those were a true 9 either but they seemed to do quite well.

The number 9 is an honorific, not a label denoting exactly how a player should play. He’ll be the fulcrum and pivot of our attack, the most advanced player, but won’t necessarily play with his back to goal the same way Shearer and Ferdinand did. I hope not anyway as that will kinda be missing the point.

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:30 PM

Can you imagine the mess he has our club in ?

Sports Direct has now been granted an injunction to the latest deal – an injunction that Rangers argued would see them lose significant revenue, be open to legal action from Elite and even impair its ability to function as a football club.

Mike Ashley, who was a former Rangers shareholder, struck a deal with a previous board that saw his company take in around 93p from every £1 made from the sale of strips and merchandise.

That deal led to some fans boycotting Sports Direct stores and their sale of Rangers kit.

The amount of money now due to Sports Direct is still to be determined but Rangers are understood to be appealing against the latest ruling.

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:32 PM

We have basically spent the money we got from player sales this year

Wheres the TV money this year >>>>
    We got 123 million
    Thats ignoring last years
    An the year before that

WHERES THE MONEY GONE ???

• one fine day

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:32 PM

Doesn’t matter who coaches us or where we even look like finishing to me .
    while we are still in the cluches of this megalomaniac there will,always,be that underlying feeling of as soon as things have just the glimmer of hope ,we know he will be dangling the spanner over the cogs ready to drop in pure spite .
    not really sure what is hard to get about this .
    # thebigpicture
    # boycott ashley

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:33 PM

Maybe we could co ordinate our struggles with Jabba with Rangers fans

Will go look for a blog

• Bigjim67

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:34 PM

dig-n-dig22
    I was under the impression that Rafa had been offered a contract but refused to sign it because the slug wouldn’t agree to giving Rafa control of player sales and also to do with investment for the training ground etc.
    Anyway, whatever the reason i really can’t get excited for the coming season.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:35 PM

frog,

So a deal that Ashley made with Rangers that they now want to break is fine by you…

But a deal that Bruce walked away from at SW isn’t?

More paper needed to stem the diarrhoea old frog.

• Oldgit1

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:36 PM

I was listening to talk sport on the car radio on sat night and a guy who reports transfers news from abroad stated that if Newcastle did manage to buy Joelinton he was a special player with loads of skill and very technical. He couldn’t understand why no ‘big clubs’ from abroad had come in for him as he is a very talented player. He is currently being groomed to be the Brazil national team centre forward as they have not got a decent one in the squad.

So no doubt he is very highly thought of in Brazil and can see him becoming a prominent No 9.

So the doubts on this blog that he may not be a good Number 9, eat your heart out.

• RobLeenio

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:36 PM

Last word, on the fresh reports of Longstaff to Man U, it feels to me like a reporter putting two and two together and getting five.

In that we’ve spent £50M (including wages) on Joelinton, therefore we’ll sell a £50M player in Longstaff to Man U to balance the books.

Not going to happen, even if Man U were desperate enough to pay that high a fee, which remains doubtful.

• one fine day

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:38 PM

toon 22
    was a really good podcast on true faith a few months ago with two of the main guys who led the rangers protests .
    they had some advice for us .
    Difference between us and rangers is they were united .
    Looking at what he did to them in just a couple of years ,scary to think of the mess in nufc we dont even know about yet .
    but i am sure you know how much we pay sports direct each year for “storage” … that’s just the start of it .

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:38 PM

Bills Son Is Back

Its never MAs fault lol
    I really dont care about your PR views

Think ill go and try and get the Rangers fans to join in with our protests

😉

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:39 PM

frog,

Seriously,

I’ve come to the conclusion that you are no fan of NUFC at all…

You are just an out and out 100% Ashley hater.

No problem with that…

But it might be better to kick off an Ashley Haters Blog and post there.

I mean, you never ever talk about football at all do you.

• one fine day

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:42 PM

bills son…
    frog,

how on earth can anyone keep a straight face when talking about a deal that says you get 7p in the pound for merchandise ?
    He bought the club crest for a pound ffs
    He is a classic vulture praying on companies
    But hey as long as your happy to have him wreck your club go right ahead

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:43 PM

Bills

Nobody cares what your views or opinions are
    Your PR
    The replacement Tony B

You seem to have not seen the utter mess your mate Mikey has our club in

Hiya KBA

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:43 PM

If we spent 40 million on Joelinton, then we’ve spent 40 million plus his wages THIS year out of THIS years transfer budget. We haven’t taken 6 years wages out of the pot. We’ve taken one, less say Rondon’s. I assume that’s true.

• one fine day

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:43 PM

BILLS SON
    frog,

Seriously,

I’ve come to the conclusion that you are no fan of NUFC at all…

You are just an out and out 100% Ashley hater.

shouldn’t they go hand in hand ?

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:44 PM

The day will come when we wish we got off as lightly as Rangers did

The guy will need parliament to shift him

• one fine day

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:45 PM

roblenio
    we haven’t spent 50 m though
    we pulled in 30 plus what ever we got for the horse so lazy reporting indeed

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:46 PM

As Rangers shows

He wont ever leave by choice

He will need removing

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:48 PM

So think about sending that email to your MP
    As that and the HMRC is our only chance of he leaving