web analytics

Liam Gibson Has Picked Up An Injury In Pre-Season Action At Scarborough

Newcastle left-back Liam Gibson who is on loan at Grimsby Town has picked up a knock in his third game of pre-season action for the Mariners. He started the game but had to be removed after just four minutes due to an injury.

There is no word on how serious the injury is or if Liam was just removed as a precaution.

The Chronicle put out an interview from the Grimsby Telegraph with Gibson this morning. The interview is from last week and was when he had arrived at Grimsby town.

This is what Liam Gibson said about his arrival at Grimsby:

“I can’t wait. I came down on Tuesday and then met the lads the following day, and I feel like I’ve settled in already,” he told Grimsby Live.

“Everyone’s made me feel very welcome, so I’m really pleased to be here.

“I really want to kick on now and forget everything that’s happened in the past. I’m just hoping to get a good few games under my belt this season.

“In the past, I’ve always been worried about my health and whether I’d go downhill again, and worried about being laid up in bed ill.

“Now everything’s sorted, I can just focus fully on my football, and that can only be a positive thing for me, and hopefully I can have a good season with Grimsby.

“Since I left Accrington and went back to Newcastle, I always knew I’d be trying to get back out on loan again.

“I’m glad I’ve managed to get something sorted this summer rather than January as I think it gives you a bit more time to find your feet, rather than going straight in without getting to know the lads, the manager and all the staff.

“I had a good conversation with him, and he showed me round the training ground and stadium.

“He just told me what he expects from me and how I was going to fit into the team, so the talks are very positive, and it confirmed that it was a good decision to move here.

“The manager was saying that he wants to be in and around at least the Play-Offs come the end of the season, and I honestly think that can be achieved.”

Last week Liam completed his first 45 minutes of action in the Lincolnshire Senior Cup at Gainsborough Trinity.

He then made his first start for Grimsby Town in the Mariners’ 1-0 win at home against Doncaster this past Friday. He was able to play for 56 minutes before being replaced.

We hope today’s knock is nothing more than that and is not another setback for the youngster as he has had enough of those already in his short career.

• Novocastrian66

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:51 PM

Apparently Sheff Wed’s gripe with Newcastle United is that someone leaked that Bruce’s contract had a release clause of £3.5m.
    A release clause becoming common knowledge is hardly grounds for any level of sanction. It happens all the time.
    Sheff Wed should be delighted they got £3.5m for him instead of bitching on.

• Thump

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:54 PM

I heard that, Novocastrian66, and I think it’s clouding the issue that SWFC reckon that Bruce has been tapped up. How this has happened when he was given permission to speak is beyond me, but I’m fairly happy for Ashley’s business dealings to be taken to the authorities regardless.

• toon22

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:54 PM

Ok so i just contacted a random Rangers blog

And posted a link to

The MP for Chester, Chris Matheson, will present a bill to Parliament tomorrow [Wednesday 26th June 2019] calling for tough and independent regulation of football.

Probably wont come to much but its free

Who knows

• toon22

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:56 PM

Novocastrian66

The traitors got form,its not the first time hes did this

He is still under contract to them meaning he cant work for us till he is released from it
    You cant just quit a contract as you dont like it anymore

😉

• toon22

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:56 PM

Hiya KBA

• toon22

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:57 PM

Rangers found out what thats like didnt they

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:59 PM

one fine day,

So you are saying if you are not an Ashley hater who proves it by spouting non stop bile you can’t be a NUFC supporter?

Not in my book, I want rid of Ashley but I seriously wouldn’t turn that into an obsessive 24 hour hatred and vendetta that toon22 has off to a T.

Seriously, it aint good for your health.

• toon22

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:02 AM

Bills

You probably dont understand as i support the toon

Easy mistake to make

😉

• toon22

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:04 AM

Any you know what bills, or whoever you turn into

Im not going to stop till Jabbas gone

😉

Get used to it

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:07 AM

Not the most flattering photo of Liam. Makes him look like he’s got a pot belly. I’ve seen photo’s of Sunday league players that make them appear fitter. Unlucky. 🙂

• Mister Tuff

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:07 AM

Mr Tubbs has had some very good success in keeping the Geordie crowd under control, PR “leaks” revealing a couple of persons Princes/Sheikhs form the Middle East wanting to buy the club. Hoy in Dubai and the UAE and Geordie immediately thinks mega millions – the seed is sown a self propagates without much further PR.

He dare not try the rich Arab con again. Instead the next time he will deploy the wealthy Chinese industrialist who has connections in Dubai. And the merry go round of deceit starts again.

• DONEGAL NUFC IRL

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:07 AM

Toon22
    Keep the fight going

• Mister Tuff

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:10 AM

Bills if you don’t mind me asking – when you left the blog a few years ago some on here said you were run off the blog. Was that true. I seem to have in my mind a faint recollection that you had some family health issues.

• dig-n-dig22

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:10 AM

Bigjim67 146

Rafa laid out to Ashley the assurances he needed to sign a new contract, no if’s or but’s “in writing”, putting the ball squarely in Ashley’s court . Ashley knew Rafa needed realistically a 3yr contract to see his vision through, the rest is history,

• toon22

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:12 AM

Are we still being sold ?

Who knows

• DONEGAL NUFC IRL

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:14 AM

I sure hope we are

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:14 AM

Yeah, there was money for him for players this season, but no project, and so no chance of real sustainable success, so Rafa hit the road.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:15 AM

The belt road.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:24 AM

The one of Brucie a couple of threads back is far worse though. A pair of spanx and a girdle wouldn’t go amiss. An abundance of tum tum. 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:29 AM

Seeing the picture of Joelinton standing with SB on the official NUFC site, you have to be impressed with Steves belly, must have been doing some really tough training at Greggs.

Way to go Steve that is the way to set an example for Joelinton and the rest of the players.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:31 AM

I see a few of us homed in on that fact! 🙂

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:45 AM

C’mon now, Brucie works hard………. with a knife and fork. 🙂

• Geordie in Oldham

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:40 AM

Rafas gone Rondon has gone and Perez has gone, they are not coming back. It’s now the past nothing will change it, did Rafa go for the money and we’re some of the players happy that he left, some will say yes some will say no but reading the article from an earlier post from his time at Napoli there does seem to be a bit of a pattern when he leaves a job he’s not a god. All in all everyone has an opinion but to shoot down a new signing before he’s kicked a ball is a disgrace this could be the biggest achievement in this young footballers life up to now injust hope the posts on here aren’t been forwarded to him and translated give him a break. There are too many kn0w all on this this site who seem to have nothing better to do then spend 12 to 16 hours a day spouting there opinion and anyone who dares to criticise someone who’s been on for years gets hammered. It’s like some sort of closed shop for regulars only ffs get a life . Ashley isn’t spending money it’s someone else’s and it will come out soon enough a leopard doesn’t change its spots !

• Spellcheck

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:49 AM

What a great team in the making we can be this season, yes this season. Was I not the only one to have a slight doubt about Young MLS starlet Almiron. In scar n Lejeune I trust. Build build build, keep the faith. I don’t feel guilty taking a seat fir the 1st match v the Arsenal as my bestie used to sit with yearly at normally a great match. He lived the Arsenal and many drinks inbetween. Topboy Hickie lad

• one fine day

(207 in 155)

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:11 AM

RAFA IS GOD.

• one fine day

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:19 AM

So you rate Alan pardew as higher than Rafa tony ?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:20 AM

I hated Pardew by the way but I had this suspicion that Rafa was being put on a pedestal that he didn’t quite deserve at NUFC.

He was being given credit for what he had done in the past and not what he was doing for Newcastle United.

Sure, he got us promoted, but Steve Bruce got Birmingham City promoted FFS.

So, the numbers show that Pardew had a much better points per game total than Rafa.

Since you all love the golden oldie songs on here should I link Jethro Tull’s “Living in the Past”?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:22 AM

OFD: absolutely not. I am pointing out their NUFC records because Bruce’s Premier League record is used as a stick to beat him with.

Stats are easy to manipulate.

As I said. I HATED PARDEW.

• one fine day

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:22 AM

Tony
    Palace fans were singing his praises when he jumped mid season from us.
    Ask them now what they think?
    Look at the side he had at palace and was well backed by the owner,had he not been sacked he would have taken them down.

• one fine day

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:26 AM

Ok tony
    well that cleared up then
    I think all managers live or die by stats sadly
    but looking at it from outside ..rafa inherited a team/ club divided and shattered in confidence all be it one with gini/ le sulk and that lazy shite who went to “bigger” club watford.
    pardew inherited a side well drilled and put together by hughton …which he systematically took apart over his tenure.
    just my opinion though

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:27 AM

It is also not what I said about a comparison of Pardew and Benitez.

I gave the plain facts.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:28 AM

OFD: I hated Pardew.

• Posh_Geordie

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:29 AM

Rafa was offered this player but he argued if you will pay 30-40 million for him I could use the money better on different signings. The money never came and he left.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:37 AM

And actually OFD: Pardew inherited a team that had just been promoted and had sold their best players the year before. They were old and creaking, and angry. But that was probably good for Pardew.

Here are some of the 1st team regulars:

James Perch
    Dan Gosling
    Alan Smith
    Mike Williamson
    Ryan Taylor
    Leon Best

They sold Andy Carroll a moth after Pardew arrived.

He actually inherited a really crap team.

I still hate Pardew though.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:43 AM

OFD: you should really have a look at what Pardew inherited. It needed taking apart. And, as I said, I hated Pardew.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:46 AM

Oldarse: I replaced my avatar with a picture of The Crown Fountain in Dinnington (not Chicago) that I took a couple of weeks ago. Just for you.

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:01 AM

I also know that chi is putting a petition forward for financial transparency in football.
    I know this because ive been talking to her.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:11 AM

Good luck with that Ginjikai.

It won’t work, it never does.

And don’t swear at me because I have a different opinion. I don’t swear at you. Be civil.

#NO Boycott.