web analytics

Liam Gibson Has Picked Up An Injury In Pre-Season Action At Scarborough

Newcastle left-back Liam Gibson who is on loan at Grimsby Town has picked up a knock in his third game of pre-season action for the Mariners. He started the game but had to be removed after just four minutes due to an injury.

There is no word on how serious the injury is or if Liam was just removed as a precaution.

The Chronicle put out an interview from the Grimsby Telegraph with Gibson this morning. The interview is from last week and was when he had arrived at Grimsby town.

This is what Liam Gibson said about his arrival at Grimsby:

“I can’t wait. I came down on Tuesday and then met the lads the following day, and I feel like I’ve settled in already,” he told Grimsby Live.

“Everyone’s made me feel very welcome, so I’m really pleased to be here.

“I really want to kick on now and forget everything that’s happened in the past. I’m just hoping to get a good few games under my belt this season.

“In the past, I’ve always been worried about my health and whether I’d go downhill again, and worried about being laid up in bed ill.

“Now everything’s sorted, I can just focus fully on my football, and that can only be a positive thing for me, and hopefully I can have a good season with Grimsby.

“Since I left Accrington and went back to Newcastle, I always knew I’d be trying to get back out on loan again.

“I’m glad I’ve managed to get something sorted this summer rather than January as I think it gives you a bit more time to find your feet, rather than going straight in without getting to know the lads, the manager and all the staff.

“I had a good conversation with him, and he showed me round the training ground and stadium.

“He just told me what he expects from me and how I was going to fit into the team, so the talks are very positive, and it confirmed that it was a good decision to move here.

“The manager was saying that he wants to be in and around at least the Play-Offs come the end of the season, and I honestly think that can be achieved.”

Last week Liam completed his first 45 minutes of action in the Lincolnshire Senior Cup at Gainsborough Trinity.

He then made his first start for Grimsby Town in the Mariners’ 1-0 win at home against Doncaster this past Friday. He was able to play for 56 minutes before being replaced.

We hope today’s knock is nothing more than that and is not another setback for the youngster as he has had enough of those already in his short career.

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:20 AM

A boycott is at best something that will be ignored by the rest of the country and the world. Nothing will come of it. At worst, it will create a toxic atmosphere that will drag the club down to relegation.

Sky do not care about 3,000 empty seats and neither does Ashley.

This may seem like a contradiction but it is not. Ashley will do what he has before if we get relegated and build the club up again to advertise his tat, Sky care about who we play – the Manchesters, London Clubs and Liverpool. We are not big enough nationally and internationally for them to care if there are empty seats.

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:30 AM

3,000 empty seats at SJP against Arsenal will be a story for about 5 seconds on Sky. Then they will move on. This is delusional if you think it will be a story.

In terms of international broadcasting it will register about a minus 11 of a 10 dial on the Richter scale.

I watched the “walk-in on 11 minutes” game in the USA and the commentators didn’t even mention it. I only knew it was happening because of reading The Chronic.

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:32 AM

18 people turned up at Sports Direct last week. I counted the feet.

#noboycott
    #selfdefeatingforthelads
    #findsomethingelseforyouranger

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:35 AM

Where did i mention anywhere in my post about the boycott?
    I said chi one of the mps of newcastle is putting together a parliamentary petition for financial transparency in football.
    Like ive said ive been talking to alot of MPs actually.
    One fine day can back me up hes seen the emails.
    Put it one way. A fanzone in the city is not a too far off reality.

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:37 AM

#IknowIwillgetslaughteredforthis

But:

Rafa Points Per Game last 2 years = 1.17

Pardew full NUFC games 155 = 1.34

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:38 AM

Genjikai: you have tried to bully everybody into a boycott since Rafa left.

Rafa 1.17 PPG

Pards 1.34

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:40 AM

Na tony it was a success.
    It got coverage all over ssn.
    And has put pressure on ashley.
    More will come.
    Your not even in the north east and cant affect anything so truth be told your irrelevant to any cause.

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:42 AM

I havnt bullied no one tony.
    Its you that is the aggressor, tbh tony actually get yourself to newcastle to see what type of lad i am.

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:47 AM

I think Ashley has gone back to his former model to keep NUFC in the PL and keeping some money back in case we get relegated.

It is annoying, but not catastrophic. Talk to the Mackems about a catastrophic plan.

I think there was a semi-serious offer on the table for us, but the funding was not quite there. We should all listen to Dubious Micky about that. eh? Or the dentist. Or the Mid East radio version of Talk-shyte?

How about Michael Chopra who now seems to be an ITK just because he happened tp play (badly) for NUFC and SAFC.

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:54 AM

I don’t think I have been aggressive at all. What happens on here is when you I have a different opinion it gets shouted down. I get called all sorts of bad words and told I am a moron because I happen to think a boycott will not work.

There is not just a consensus on here, there is a monopoly on what you all think is the truth and anybody stepping put of line gets slated.

Why stay here then TONY???

Because there should be an alternative view to the sheep.

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:59 AM

Isn’t it sunrise soon in Dinnington soon though and I should be watching out for planes with Mideast logos on the side because that mans the takeover is imminent.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:01 AM

Rafa 1.17 PPG – PL last 2 years for NUFC.

Pardew 1.34 PPG NUFC tenure.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:02 AM

Tony @209 there your personal gripes not mine.
    When did i say we should listen to dubai micky?
    Thats something youve made up.
    Why are you actually angry all the time tony?
    Your life not go in the direction you wanted it too?
    Just because ive actually got off my arse and organised something with a group of like minded people to achieve a common goal.
    You should try it sometime.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:08 AM

Send me a message at genjikai.nufc@gmail.com
    I can show you all the work that has been going on in the background while you bitch and moan on here.
    I can show you an awful lot of hard work that people have put in, even though they have jobs already. Its like doing a double shift every day.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:10 AM

There really was a cult of Rafa at NUFC that was more concerned about what he had won in the past than what he could do for NUFC. The cult even extended to what he would do if funded properly by the Fat Man. IN THE FUTURE!!! Never bothering about the present. Pardew even has better stats:

Pardew = 1.34 Points per game

Rafa = 1.17 Points per game

Any questions?

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:12 AM

Weve got bars and clubs doing discounted drinks while the match is on. There is a boycott boat party thats been arranged.
    There will be a protest outside of sjp before and after.
    We are the party city so we are going to make it a party atmosphere.
    Dont get me wrong tony, dubaimickey had me hooked too, you dont have to be gutted and bitter that his information conned you mate. But youve got to admit it was a good story, and shows your trolling skills up. Thats what your really gutted about. That dubai mickey trolled us for 3 years and still gets people talking to him while everyone just hates you.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:14 AM

Not this again. Accusing me of p!ssing and moaning just because I think a boycott won’t work and is pointless and self defeating for the club.

I disagree with you wholeheartedly and think you are wasting your time with a boycott.

That is NOT MOANING.

A BOYCOTT of the team we both love is much more of a MOAN. Honey.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:14 AM

Whos football did you like better than tony. Pardews or rafas?

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:15 AM

A boycott is self defeating. They always have been.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:16 AM

Why call someone honey?
    You trying that alpha crap you always talk about.
    And you are always moaning honey, your moaning and nee one listens.
    Your a moany little bitch man.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:17 AM

Gengikai: I hated Pardew. I said it at least 3 times. That was not my point. My point was the love for Rafa that was perhaps undeserved. His football until boxing day was atrocious, but we don’t need tpo go there.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:17 AM

Im not boycotting im protesting me.
    Protesting against 12 years of being taken for a mug.
    You may be able to look at yourself in the mirror and think a cant do nothing im a little moany bitch.
    But na mate id rather make a stand against what i think is wrong.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:20 AM

And thats the point tony.
    Yove mentioned you hate pardew 3 times and nee ones listened why?
    Cause nee one cares.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:22 AM

Your probably a 50 year old bloke, probably older looking for fights on a football blog.
    You are actually a shite troll.
    One of the worse to grace this blog.
    Your just gutted mickey got his message out to a wide audience and trolled more people than you could ever imagine.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:23 AM

I called you honey Genjikai because I love you really and go along with everything you say. I also love all of the people on here who call me names and berate me.

I think I still have some valid points and wish some of you would not always should me down.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:23 AM

Explain how a boycott is self defeating?

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:25 AM

Your just a hypocrite you use the word honey ti try and put some alpha shit on it. But thats what you complain others do.
    Then you have a rant at bobby for being a hypocrite which went on for about 3 days.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:28 AM

Genjakai: I am a 50 year old bloke. It is 10.30 in Chicago so I am not waking up to do some internet trolling. If you read some of the stuff on here and some of the aggression to me you will see that I might react. I have no idea what age has to do with it.

I do know that boycotts don’t work. That is what 50 years of experience has taught me.

You are getting yourself worked up now, so toddle off honey.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:29 AM

Bobby is a bypocrite. He used the same explanations for going and not going to the Arsenal game FFS.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:30 AM

I laugh at people like you tony. Always unhappy, always someone elses problem, its never you, your not the problem. You moan on all day yet do nothing and expect change.
    Just cause something is out of your hands doesnt mean it is out of others.
    The whole sale lie started 11 years ago due ti a protest where 10000 toon fans turned up outside if sjp.
    Ashleys words were you do not have to demonstrate against me. I get the message. I will leave.
    That was 11 years ago.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:31 AM

Bobbybee is the biggest hypocrite on here. Give me 15 minutes to get my thoughts together and I will explain.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:35 AM

Genjikai: I am not unhappy in the least. I am looking forward to the new season with a 40 million new centre forward, a great back line and probably the best player we have had in at least 5 years – Almiron.

And the best midfielders I have seen for a long time – Shelvey, Hayden, Longstaff.

My glass is certainly more than half full for the new season and I won’t be protesting and trying to bring the team down.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:39 AM

Tony not being a arse here but when youve had your 15 minutes am not even going to read what you write.
    I just skip over you cause i know your just going to be having a go at another poster.
    No one cares man.
    Not two fcuks given by anyone.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:40 AM

I can’t be bothered to get into a fight about Bobbybee and his hypocrisy, so I will explaind some reasons to be cheerful… Parts 1, 2, 3.

• Sports Direct FC

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:42 AM

genjikai

keep at it. im sure many on here appreciate it, I do.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:43 AM

Ive never understood that me when people say are the players will be affected by fans protests.
    Well they shouldnt they are professionals. I dont have 52k cheering me on when i wire something in or rectify a fault on a machine. I do my job ok.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:43 AM

Anybody that goes against the collective on here and the boycott is automatically a hater. I understand. You all stand together in some sort of blog disharmony against outsiders who dare to question the collective and the boycott and Rafa is God.

• Sports Direct FC

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:45 AM

Tony

I haven’t even said anything to you.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:50 AM

Genjikai: when was the last time you were roared on for wiring?

There is certainly something about a crowd cheering a team on and having an effect. Ask Keegan. Ask Bobby Robson. 52,000 Geordies with one voice willing a team on will have an effect. On the opposition as well making them as meek as kittens when they come up against Shearer or Beardsley at the 18 yard box.

I wish I could feel no fear or excitement like you. Maybe that’s why you are an electrician and not a footballer.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:52 AM

SDFC: I haven’t said anything to you either. I was talking to the leader of the boycott on here – Genjikai.