web analytics

Liam Gibson Has Picked Up An Injury In Pre-Season Action At Scarborough

Newcastle left-back Liam Gibson who is on loan at Grimsby Town has picked up a knock in his third game of pre-season action for the Mariners. He started the game but had to be removed after just four minutes due to an injury.

There is no word on how serious the injury is or if Liam was just removed as a precaution.

The Chronicle put out an interview from the Grimsby Telegraph with Gibson this morning. The interview is from last week and was when he had arrived at Grimsby town.

This is what Liam Gibson said about his arrival at Grimsby:

“I can’t wait. I came down on Tuesday and then met the lads the following day, and I feel like I’ve settled in already,” he told Grimsby Live.

“Everyone’s made me feel very welcome, so I’m really pleased to be here.

“I really want to kick on now and forget everything that’s happened in the past. I’m just hoping to get a good few games under my belt this season.

“In the past, I’ve always been worried about my health and whether I’d go downhill again, and worried about being laid up in bed ill.

“Now everything’s sorted, I can just focus fully on my football, and that can only be a positive thing for me, and hopefully I can have a good season with Grimsby.

“Since I left Accrington and went back to Newcastle, I always knew I’d be trying to get back out on loan again.

“I’m glad I’ve managed to get something sorted this summer rather than January as I think it gives you a bit more time to find your feet, rather than going straight in without getting to know the lads, the manager and all the staff.

“I had a good conversation with him, and he showed me round the training ground and stadium.

“He just told me what he expects from me and how I was going to fit into the team, so the talks are very positive, and it confirmed that it was a good decision to move here.

“The manager was saying that he wants to be in and around at least the Play-Offs come the end of the season, and I honestly think that can be achieved.”

Last week Liam completed his first 45 minutes of action in the Lincolnshire Senior Cup at Gainsborough Trinity.

He then made his first start for Grimsby Town in the Mariners’ 1-0 win at home against Doncaster this past Friday. He was able to play for 56 minutes before being replaced.

We hope today’s knock is nothing more than that and is not another setback for the youngster as he has had enough of those already in his short career.

• Sports Direct FC

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:53 AM

right after I posted my support for genjikai……I understand. You all stand together in some sort of blog disharmony against outsiders who dare to question the collective and the boycott and Rafa is God.

• Sports Direct FC

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:54 AM

who is you al? there are only 3 of us here

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:59 AM

I am used to everybody disagreeing with me on me on here. But can you keep it sort of nice and don’t swear at me or give me abuse. Then… I will be polite back.

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:01 AM

SDFC: From previous insults and shoutdowns I have had on here. I thought that would be obvious.

• Sports Direct FC

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:04 AM

Tony

nothing wrong with disagreeing that’s the whole point of a blog…different opinions. but you cant jump on someone who disagrees with you then expect them to listen to you. I dont agree with you and alot of people dont agree with me. doesnt mean we are enemies.

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:07 AM

Alan Pardew record in the Premier League at NUFC: 1.34 points per game.

Rafa Benitez in PL = 1.17 PPG. Miracle we stayed up he said.

Same owner, same budget – ZERO.

Hello China, here I come!

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:10 AM

SDFC: I haven’t disagreed with a word you said. I haven’t even talked to you.

• dig-n-dig22

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:10 AM

Hiya GS

• Sports Direct FC

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:13 AM

I dont think that’s a fair comment or comparison. Pardew was given more money and was just a yes man like all the others. Rafa was actually trying to build something here. Rafa himself said it’s not only about the money you spend, it’s about keeping what you have and paying them more, investing into the infrastructure. No one is irreplaceable but to go back to another yes man…a very poor manager imo it’s what I think most are upset about.

• Sports Direct FC

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:14 AM

tony @247

I was talking about posters in general, not specifically me.

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:21 AM

Supposedly my opinion is as valid as anybody’s on here but my experience has been that I have been shouted down by the collective of ITKs who have been wrong about everything.

I might be back tomorrow – 11.30pm here now in the US – I will see how much the boycott boys are on and whether I can be bothered to tell Bobbybee why he is the biggest hypocrite ever.

#BoycottNeverWorks!

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:29 AM

I will start with what to say to BoobyBee and his probably 100,000 words on why he would NEVER, never ever, not if you paid me a million pounds and gave me 13 porcupines to sleep with. I mean concubines. Boycott, Me never. You would have to kill me and scatter my bones in the gallowgate end toilets. And then??????????????

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:34 AM

But thats bobbys choice tony.
    Very poor trolling the night.

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:40 AM

And then… Boycott the Arsenal game? BobbyBee?

Fine. Sounds good to me. Although I moved back to Newcastle to watch the match because of my disability I am ready to give up all. I have said over a million times NEVER BOYCOTT. Not for me, it is my money, my choice! I never boycotted when we were in the second division and when Mckeag was Chairman.

Much worse times. Why would I boycott now?

It is my life and my love, apart from wor lass, my everything. I would never give it up.

YOU JUST DID BOBBY.

Cue the Barry White song.

is that not hypocrisy?

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:43 AM

It didnt go down exactly like that.
    It was a build up of 3 years, major blog event. Will go down in the nufc blog history.

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:44 AM

Not trolling Genjilkai.

repeating what Bobbybee has said over a 1,000 times and then reneged on.

His money
    His choice
    His happiness to go to games, no matter who the owner or team selections

He has repeated that mantra for at least 3 years.

IT WAS BOBBYBEES MANTRA UNTIL HE TOTALLY REVERSED HIMSELF.

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:45 AM

How can that be trolling to tell Bobbybee that he totally reversed himself when everybody who ha ever read this blog know that is what he has done?

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:48 AM

Bills

Buy the Theasarus it’ll stop you looking like a can’t.

• dig-n-dig22

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:51 AM

More than one account, GS

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:55 AM

“My first, my last, my everything”

Yes Barry, I mean Bobbybee, carry on…

Unless Rafa fcks off to China for the filthy lucre you will be:

“the answer to all my dreams, my kind of wonderful, that’s what you are”

“I know there is only one, only one like you”

UNTIL I CHANGE MY MIND AFTER THE 55 YEARS and 100 million words I have written on here.

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:01 AM

Why do you even care dig n dig? Yes I am Jib and Jane and Jeff from Benwell.

If you want to say something, say something more interesting.

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:06 AM

Pardew (who I hated) 1.34 points per game for NUFC in PL.

Rafa (last 2 years in PL) 1.17 points per game.

Net spend = zero each

Top place finish =

Pards = 5th

Rafa =10th

Relegated:

Rafa = Yes

Pards = No

See how stats can be manipulated?

• dig-n-dig22

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:08 AM

How is G2 , do you still stalk him?. GS

• cyprus

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:10 AM

Almiron Joellington up front!

Strong MF and defence. We are a solid team which is (generally) hard to break down.

What’s missing is a player or two who can terrorise, add that spark. The two aforementioned can hopefully do that. Now, one or two exciting wingers. Maybe 12 m Murphy will finally come through but we need a confident, ready one today. What we don’t have is a player who can actually dribble past players. Like HBA (he glided, rather than dribbled) 🙂

Glass half full.

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:10 AM

I don’t care what Rafa has done for other teams and I don’t care how many times Ed calls him a world class manager. It is what he did for us that matters.

He got us relegated, promoted and 10th and 13th. That is mediocre. Not world class.

Pardew has a better record at NUFC and, as I said, I hated Pardew.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:10 AM

Being deluded must be catching.

Coming on name calling and intentionally going after specific posters then claim that they’re doing it in retaliation. Seems to be more of it every day.

The foundation of lies told by 3 or 4 on the blog makes the mind boggles.

A certain individual claimed I was goading HIM, despite him name calling me every day for over a week without me engaging him.

Robleenio even called him out on it a few days back yet he’ll still claim the shoe is on the other foot.

At the end of the day they’re attention seeking wums, due to their arguments holding no water they result to name calling and lies.

It’s quite sad and something a child would do, shows the level of intelect they have as all the evidence of their lies is here on the blog in black and white.

• Veltman

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:12 AM

dig22, who is GS? Welcome back by the way.I haven’t seen you post much or may be i missed them.

Tony, I’m not one of them to tell others what to do but what are your suggesting other than doing boycotts?Just being curious..

• one fine day

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:14 AM

tony
    was far from the worst side either
    1 Steve Harper
    14 England DF James Perch
    15 England MF Dan Gosling
    16 England DF Ryan Taylor
    17 England FW Alan Smith
    18 Argentina MF Jonás Gutiérrez
    20 Republic of Ireland FW Leon Best
    22 Republic of Ireland MF Stephen Ireland (on loan from Aston Villa)
    23 England FW Shola Ameobi
    24 Ivory Coast MF Cheick Tioté
    25 Democratic Republic of the Congo MF Kazenga LuaLua
    26 Netherlands GK Tim Krul
    27 England DF Steven Taylor
    28 Hungary DF Tamás Kádár
    29 Slovenia MF Haris Vu?ki?
    30 England FW Nile Ranger
    31 Northern Ireland MF Shane Ferguson
    32 England FW Ryan Donaldson
    34 England DF James Tavernier
    37 France MF Hatem Ben Arfa (on loan from Marseille)
    38 England FW Phil Airey
    42 Finland FW Shefki Kuqi
    44 England MF Sammy Ameobi
    lets not count andy carrol who was sold in the jan window

• one fine day

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:17 AM

tony man
    saying rafa got us relegated is pretty unfair .i know you deal only in facts and yes he was coach the day we went down , but i knew the rest of football would agree(other than richard keys) that the damage was more than done by the time he got here…had everton turned up against the mackums he may well have pulled it off.
    It’s like saying shearer got us relegated too then if it is just the stats your looking at ..nowt to do with jfk then ?

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:18 AM

I am totally glass half full on this team now that we have Joelinton. and are keeping Hayden. Ritchie was a revelation at wing back and Dummett is our best player. It is a pretty easy team to pick even without additions.

Dubravka

Yedlin Schar Fernandez Dummett Ritchie

Hayden Longstaff

Gayle Joelinton Almiron

Shelvey as Plan B and Lejuene to come back in when he is fit in November.

I doubt we will get relegated unless the toxic protesters cause it.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:18 AM

Bobby

I respect your decision as I’ve said about the protest but do me a favour, go to the Arsenal game so the rest of the blog doesn’t have to listen to TBs drivel.

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:20 AM

One fine day: if you compare that squad to what we have now I think they are a lot worse.

• one fine day

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:20 AM

Well thats the football discussed tony …now its either cricket or something more interesting ……ok
    how about ? roundabouts …. do we really need them ? discuss.!

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:22 AM

Tony

Toxic is what your interaction is on the blog.

Are you trying to make friends and influence people?

You’re another nasty piece of work who projects his faults onto others, yourself and Bills make a fine pair.

Top tip, most people who come on the blog can read, pretending you’ve said something other than YOU have or mean something else is futile.

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:24 AM

So say I am wrong then Optimistic Prime. He spouted the same stuff for about 1 million words for 3 years and then turned on a dime and used the same reasons to defend his change of mind – very simplistic ones as well – it is my money, I do what I want with it, you do what you want to do with mine.

But he was Barry White before and would never give it up, not for anything, never, never. Not if his life depended on it.

And then did.

• one fine day

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:27 AM

And the next year carr found cabs and i think ben arfa even though he then missed almost the season after everton.
    difference was aslo he had demba ,ben arfa cisse cabs who could all score worldys which gave pardew a few results which we never expected .
    rafa never had the players of that quality but rafa had the strongest team spirit i have ever seen at nufc.
    You never saw a rafa team roll over at Chelsea or effectively down tools at home to Liverpool which the french did.
    to think how much better thauvin , cabella and ben afra would have been handled under a professional coach

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:27 AM

Optimistic Prime: I am not projecting any of my faults.

I am asking questions of hypocrites on here like you and Bobby Bee who come on with one position and then totally flip and then attack others when they point it out.

You don’t need to give me any tips.

• davis_toons

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:29 AM

The BZG is surly doing a fakeover now. Its has been so long.

Is this the power of money manipulating people’s minds and emotions?

What another smart move by the billionaire.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:31 AM

Tony

No he didn’t turn on a dime and hes explained himself to you more than once.

You just wont leave it alone, a dog with a bone.

What harm has Bobby changing his mind to now Boycott the Arsenal match done to you or the blog?

None at all but you wont leave the guy alone.

Also when you say the club will be relegated because of toxic protestors it shows how out of touch you are and how you ARE here for confrontation and nothing else.

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:32 AM

If some of you would just make any sense, I would be nice. It is all the end of the world, Ashley is the devil and Rafa was God. Rafa took the Chinese lucre FFS. We are in the PL and just smashed our transfer record. Nobody knows who BZG are or were. Dubious Mickey spouted more shyte than the dentist and radio talk show host put together.

JFA, Tsunki and Lesh all want to be alpha dogs on here and shout down anybody with a different opinion.